Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gwalch

I Am Starting Tatbir Next Ashura

Rate this topic

it shouldn't be planned I think, do it behind the walls. and learn more and more about it and islam. when I started it, I felt that I am much closer to shia islam but now its different; m confused! go thru the tatbir threads here.

Edited by worshiper

For those who do it, anything to tell me? Tips, how it felt like, etc.

Can you post some hadith on this subject? I want to know how the imams (a) did pratice tatbeer....,

Edited by Nima

I used to do a little bit but recently stopped, after learning there's no actual Islamic duty to shed our blood.

If you do want to give blood, there's a way that you can help others, donate your blood. Inshallah you'll satisfy God (and the Prophet and Ahlulbayt) better that way.

If you're still going to do tatbir, make sure it's low-key (as our intentions should be to make it symbolic), don't hit yourself too hard and avoid making a mess.

mashallah

Ignore the fools here

and don't get with this anti tatbir fools here they will try very hard to deviate you but no one can misguide you if you truly love azadari.

How is not doing tatbir foolish or deviant?

Our (Shia Muslim) senior scholars don't do tatbir for the most part, are you implying that they are deviant too?

I didn't ask the opinion of deviant anti-tatbiri filled with Wilayat el-faqih propaganda of making tabarra and tatbir haram. To those who answered me well, 7ayyakum Allah.

I didn't realise Syed Abu al-Hassan al-Esfahani and Sheikh Muhammad-Hussein Kashif al-Ghitaa' were 'deviant WFers'.

So? I'm not allowed to think for myself? I have a disagreement with my marja', I'll still follow him but not on this issue, hitting yourself with a sword is just dumb to say the least

Not at all, it's just that you're sort of like a mythical creature.

Now only if we could get you to say the same about suicide bombings. Triple bombings attacking Namaz yesterday in Iraq.

But no, of course you and your nasab would never raise a voice against these actions. Its a sunnah to produce orphans in your nasab philosophy.

Funny you say that, because when one mentions standing up to oppression, a number of scholar's names spring to mind. And none of them believed in the ignorant act of Tatbir.

The brother asked a question, I think we should answer it rather than behave like immature kids and go off on a tangent. If you want to debate whether if tatbeer/zanjeer is allowed or not, you can open the <insert number> th </ number> thread on this issue. No need to pounce on him like those brainless wahabis.

It seems to be almost impossible to get an answer to a straight question on SC due to some people.

For those who do it, anything to tell me? Tips, how it felt like, etc.

Salaam brother,

You may find this helpful :

http://www.azadari4imam.org/

Edited by diracdeltafunc

I just commented because the nasabi is concerned when a Shia does something to himself. No physical harm is caused to anyone else.

But he will remain completely quiet when his brother kills hundreds of other victims in mass suicide bombings. repeatedly destroying whole families and completely ruining peoples lives. You won't find any Youtube videos criticizing these actions. But he's ready to do a PHD thesis on what the Shias are doing wrong.

And now he will reply saying " I don't support suicide bombings"

If our enemies do something wrong, let them show themselves to the world and show who they really are. I dont know anyone who hasn't condemned what wahabis say and do. That seems to be all shi'as do these days, so I don't know where your getting that from (probably from the habit of tatbiris to look for any argument possible to support their side).

Whereas if we do something humiliating (tatbir, zanjeer zani, (recently a video was shared on facebook throughout the canadian province I live in, where a pakistani man struck his back so hard it exposed his ribs from the back side and opened his flesh very deeply)), we are the better people and make sure we stay that way. What differentiates us from them is that if we see someone from our own group doing something wrong, we'll denounce it before anyone else even does, while the nasibis love to point at everyone else and think they're sinless.

Edited by HassoonBazoon