Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Says the man who has insulted many great scholars, including Shaykh Sadooq. http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235014721-shaykh-saduq-on-imams-mistakes/?p=2598818

That proves my point, I don't get away with things I say, but you do because you're a moderator. 

Why didn't I get any warnings for these alleged things prior to being a moderator? I have been here for 12 years. 

Unfortunately the way things go on this site is that if you are crafty enough, you can insult someone/anything and get away with it. I do commend you on being able to do that. 

If this thread saves only one person's deen, then it has served its purpose.

omg  6 people liked your post :o

get it locked .. see, it just creates more problem. People write their own opinion, other people get mad , arrogance & pride & Its your deen that is degrading when fighting about these issues , not the tawhidis ..

I think the started of this  thread made his job and warned us about it.. We have nothing else to add. 

Edited by -Enlightened

I met brother Tawhidi two years ago when he came to ottawa, and quite honestly the first time I spoke to him I was really bothered by what came out of his mouth and the "problems" that arose after he left, mostly his twitter and Facebook posts. When I heard that he'd been invited again to ottawa I was flabbergasted and wondering what they were thinking. I was called by a dear brother begging me to come and take a second look at "the new Tawhidi" and judge him on what he has become instead of what he was. I reluctantly agreed to go and see for myself what this change was. What I saw there blew me away, he wasn't the same person on the Minbar. But his twitter still had some questionable material. Here's the issue, what he says isn't about unity, and his ultimate goal isn't to sugar coat something that many Shias believe in (whether you want to admit it or not). Mt issue with this thread is as follows, a lot of the issues that have been brought up have not been substantiated with proof and some are outright. Calling him a kafir? On what basis? Something he's said years ago? I'm just lucky that my life wasn't as publicized when I was younger as his was/is. I honestly wonder if another one of our speakers would be met with this much push... some of our most popular English speakers have bashed our Maraji3, yet they get a free pass? why? Why Tawhidi and why not them? Lastly, I did not wish to even post anything on this topic as it has literally been a [edited] show, but I felt that I needed to question a lot of the ways some members, and many moderators have been behaving themselves

y3Yxr.gif

the replies will be interesting

Edited by Ali
Foul language

Al-Afasy, that's not fair.  There was an improper word.  I edited it too just now and will be reviewing the remaining threads too.

Will cook up a response to all the people who responded to me too tomorrow inshallah.

It is our job to attack the enemies of Ahlulbayt? Perhaps, but how about cleaning our own mess up first? And no, it is not our job to attack the enemy of the ahlulbayt at the cost of our akhlaq and how we carry ourselves. Any persons actions will prove whether or not they are following the path of the Ahlulbayt, as a whole package, not as individual acts. Wahabis pray salah too, probably more beautiful and pretty than you do, does that mean they are on the path of ahlulbayt?

In regards to opinions, no he can have his opinions, but if he is going to share them while wearing the turban, he better make sure they are presented and are in coordinance with what he is representing.

In regards to respect, respect is not a right, it's a privilege. No one is immune to losing it either, doesn't matter if you have a 600 layered turban on your head.

Finally in regards to proof, i believe there has been enough proof both in terms of quotes and videos. What proof do you exactly require? Do you want us to hold him down and make him say it again?

What kind of mess did he make? Whats wrong with Tawhidi's ihklack? Did he say anything while he was wearing his turban that is wrong? Everything he said is correct and all proof and words of our Ahlulbayt.

As soon as someone posts something pro-Tawhidi (that isn't an admin) you find Muhammed Ali editing it. The irony..

I am not an admin

Edited by theshiatoday

I deny :

That Anyone can have their own tafsir

His tafsir

I did not mean it how you are saying it, by `their own` i mean of course there is a correct way of interpretating it, but I do not think how Sheikh Tawhidi said it is incorrect, of course many interperatatons are incorrect but not this one.

Also if the Tafsir is using the Quran or backed up by other hadiths of Ahlulbayt, those are Tafsirs that are correct and sahih

Edited by theshiatoday

I did not mean it how you are saying it, by `their own` i mean of course there is a correct way of interpretating it, but I do not think how Sheikh Tawhidi said it is incorrect, of course many interperatatons are incorrect but not this one.

Also if the Tafsir is using the Quran or backed up by other hadiths of Ahlulbayt, those are Tafsirs that are correct and sahih

His is incorrect. State it fully and I'll point to the incorrect points he made.

As soon as someone posts something pro-Tawhidi (that isn't an admin) you find Muhammed Ali editing it. The irony..

Your blind hate (using the saying with exaggeration) is affecting your vision it seems. The post was edited by the Admin 'Ali', not the moderator 'Muhammad Ali'. 

Your blind hate (using the saying with exaggeration) is affecting your vision it seems. The post was edited by the Admin 'Ali', not the moderator 'Muhammad Ali'. 

It was edited by both of us. First me. However, this member has always carried a lot of hate and it is hardly going to change.

This whole Tawhidi subject may cause problems for the shia community for years to come. 

what interpertations do you say is false?

Why are you looking at these interpretations? Why not look at the the more clear cut matters? Just scroll up and see the other things. Should a shi'i scholar think that Allah has a direction? Is this open to any interpretation? Not to offend you brother, but most of the people on this thread have more knowledge that he has.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

I guess he is on the same level then?

I just think everyone has made their point about the individual, from ghulat to insulting.

I just call a spade a spade

Most of what has been posted is factual, not gossip.

I don't dispute that haydar, just giving my input

Salams,

Ali: Does this guy have to run around naked in public for you to condemn him? I really don't get it....

Reminds me of this for some reason:

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 616:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "(The Prophet) Moses was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness. One of the children of Israel hurt him by saying, 'He covers his body in this way only because of some defect in his skin, either leprosy or scrotal hernia, or he has some other defect.' Allah wished to clear Moses of what they said about him, so one day while Moses was in seclusion, he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath. When he had finished the bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them, but the stone took his clothes and fled; Moses picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying, 'O stone! Give me my garment!' Till he reached a group of Bani Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created, and Allah cleared him of what they had accused him of. The stone stopped there and Moses took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick. By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting, three, four or five marks. THIS IS WAS WHAT Allah REFERS TO IN HIS SAYING:-- "O you who believe! Be you not like those Who annoyed Moses, But Allah proved his innocence of that which they alleged, And he was honorable In Allah's Sight." (33.69)

Except I'm not defending him as much as I'm trying to prevent slander.  Regarding his "kufur":

If its a Shirazi/Tatbir issues, then why don't you pick some other person like Yasir Habib. At least he has some proper hawza credentials and doesn't commit Kufr from time to time. Pick Allahyari....pick Obama...all of them are better candidates...

Honestly...why do you support this person and keep inviting him to your masjid after all of this proof. Proof posted by  himself on his own twitter and facebook.

You are definitely going to have to answer for this corrupt individual on the Day of Judgement. He may be corrupt...but its people like you who enable the corruption and allow it to spread...

I'm actually surprised that some of you are shocked to see these views that he's sharing regarding "Allah = Ali", and the Ghulat of Ahlulbayt, comparing them to the Prophet (pbuh).  This isn't new, many scholars (some very respected ones) have stated the same statements while wearing the prophet's turban on the prophet's pulpit.  The argument is that it cannot and should not be taken at face value but they're stated to trigger questions and thought.  I sat down once with a scholar to ask about these statements which sounded outrages and I was given the philosophical explanation about Ahlulbayt being made from the same light, etc, etc.  One common statement I hear all the time in local mosques is "Ali wajh Allah", or "Ali is the Face of Allah".  Does it means that Ali [ (as)] is the physical face of Allah or does it have a deeper meaning that is encouraging people who make these statements to continue to use them and become devils advocates?

Again, these statements have been stated over and over for the past decades by scholars and people on pulpits more popular and bigger than Tawhidi.  Look at Yasir AlHabeeb and Mujtaba AlShirazi.  Even people outside of the "Shirazi" influence.   The difference is, Tawhidi is the FIRST person to be stating these in English and in a public social media setting.  Bassim Al-Karbalai' has dozens of latmiyat that make make you scratch your head about what is means until you ask about the true meaning.  Do I think its proper or appropriate to be making such statements?  Of course not.  Do they?  Of course they do because that can and do explain when asked.

Chaotic Muslim if you truly believe his interpretations are incorrect, do one or both of two things: 1. Don't follow or listen to him 2. Bring forth your tafseer This back and forth isn't really to anyone's benefit or constructive

I think this is key.

I almost want to bring Br. Tawhidi as a special guest here so you guys can hammer him with questions.  Obviously you all (including myself) have concerns with some of the statements he issues.  Why not instead of slandering we ask him to explain so that we can logically debate him as opposed to cast him out..  Us having a potentially positive influence on him (which has been happening the past 2 years) works much better than casting him out as a heretic and having him join the clans of Yasir Habeeb and Co.

Let me know and I can make it happen.  It doesn't have to be a public event like our "Ask our special guest" forum, more like an unofficial Q & A.

Salams,

I almost want to bring Br. Tawhidi as a special guest here so you guys can hammer him with questions.  Obviously you all (including myself) have concerns with some of the statements he issues.  Why not instead of slandering we ask him to explain so that we can logically debate him as opposed to cast him out..  Us having a potentially positive influence on him (which has been happening the past 2 years) works much better than casting him out as a heretic and having him join the clans of Yasir Habeeb and Co.

Let me know and I can make it happen.  It doesn't have to be a public event like our "Ask our special guest" forum, more like an unofficial Q & A.

Make it so. :)

Anyone extremely against this idea?  I'm not sure he would want to, but there is a seperation between us and him and bridging the gaps by having him answer some of your concerns about his character and/or thoughts and statements may lead to something positive?

Anyone extremely against this idea?  I'm not sure he would want to, but there is a seperation between us and him and bridging the gaps by having him answer some of your concerns about his character and/or thoughts and statements may lead to something positive?

unless the people who are against him must show some respect to him, otherwise he is not going to waste his time coming on the forums and arguing 24/7

these people are attacking him more then anything else.