Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

It's a unfortunate turn that hawzah has taken in the past years. There used to be a standard required by students before being approved or even considered worthy of speaking on matters of religion. Now every keyboard warrior can take a summercamp in najaf or qum and be regarded as sheyikh. We are producing more "scholars" than we are khorma. I'm almost tempted to assume that after current generation of marjas, we will be stuck with mediocre(at best) level "scholars"

Of course, when it were Ali Khamenai or Ruhollah Khomeini, it would be fine, no matter what they say. I am replying to your criticizm to another rival scholar, but protect your own types in any circumstances-the first two mentioned.

Edited by lover

Of course, when it were Ali Khamenai or Ruhollah Khomeini, it would be fine, no matter what they say. I am replying to your criticizm to another rival scholar, but protect your own types in any circumstances-the first two mentioned.

What? Did you even read what i wrote? Being a hot head and jumping to conclusions without even bothering to read what people are writing will only get you as far as being ignored.

It's a unfortunate turn that hawzah has taken in the past years. There used to be a standard required by students before being approved or even considered worthy of speaking on matters of religion.

I could have ignored you as well, because you have different opinions than me and vice versa. But at least I try to answer your view:

Which Hawza, Qum is a Hawza and divided into many. Why do you see it as problematic, if everyone can participate into Hawza- Hawza is nothing holy, same as any other university.

The second issue, you directed this to Ali Musaaa's post on Sadiq Shirazi-rival to Khomeini school, so I can only guess why you stated this.

On another note: I think I have read that someone up there mentioned that the speaker or whatever was dismissed of the Hawza- is this statement true or a wrong claim?

Edited by lover

I could have ignored you as well, because you have different opinions than me and vice versa. But at least I try to answer your view:

Which Hawza, Qum is a Hawza and divided into many. Why do you see it as problematic, if everyone can participate into Hawza- Hawza is nothing holy, same as any other university.

The second issue, you directed this to Ali Musaaa's post on Sadiq Shirazi-rival to Khomeini school, so I can only guess why you stated this.

On another note: I think I have read that someone up there mentioned that the brother was dismissed of the Hawza- is this statement true or a wrong claim?

I was commenting on hawzah in general, all of them. I explained why i found it problematic, you just didn't bother to read it, but fixated on this old and rather childish turban waving obsession of shirazi vs khomeini nonsense. So stop "guessing".

You are making my points for me. Yes universities have standards. If everyone got accepted to harvard and graduated phd after 2 years you would comment on its deminishing quality and standards as well.

You are making my points for me. Yes universities have standards. If everyone got accepted to harvard and graduated phd after 2 years you would comment on its deminishing quality and standards as well.

Please read the comment by the brother above. There obviously are some standards. And there might be lots of black sheep who got their phd from Harvard, as well.

Edited by lover

Please read the comment by the brother above. There obviously are some standards. And there might be lots of black sheep who got their phd from Harvard, as well.

Not willing to admit you jumped the gun too quick are you? That's fine. As regards to standards, i gave my opinion, you are free to have yours. Now back to topic.

Not willing to admit you jumped the gun too quick are you? That's fine. As regards to standards, i gave my opinion, you are free to have yours. Now back to topic.

I apologize to you, that I accused you of having directed that against Shirazi. It was quick I admit.

Edited by lover

On 11/7/2014 at 7:06 AM, Abu Hadi said:

I wish I could 'like' that post 10x. 

If I were sitting with him, I would tell him that we are not trying to judge you or claim that we are better 'Shia' than you are. The problem is only because you are putting yourself out there as a speaker, and thus an alim, and thus a leader in the community.There are higher standards for a leader vs a regular member of the community. 

One of the most important qualities of a leader is impeccable aklaq. 

This is a quality you do not posses. Thus you are not qualified for this position.

If you continue to put yourself forward as a leader, you will do more damage to the community than you will help, by creating fitna. And the consequences of this will follow you in this world and the next.

I advise you to step down as a leader in the community and become a normal member and work on you aklaq.

And ask forgiveness of Allah(s.w.a)

You should tell that to the people who hired him to speak on the pulpit .

On 11/7/2014 at 4:33 AM, Muhammed Ali said:

I think he should remove his turban and become an ordinary member of the the community. He should seek forgiveness for many years. 

I try to imagine what you try to convey here: Brother your turban is fake, put it off. speaker guy: Yes, you are right, I got too many fans who kiss my hands and listen to me but I will remove my Turban and from tomorrow on I will admit to everyone that it was all fake. 

What I try to say is that it is very difficult for him to do that. 

On 11/7/2014 at 11:08 AM, Chaotic Muslem said:

You should tell that to the people who hired him to speak on the pulpit .

I would be glad to if they asked me.  :rolleyes:

I live in the US and although I live near Canada, don't get there as much as I should. 

It is a beautiful country with lots of mumin brothers and sisters. 

I try to imagine what you try to convey here: Brother your turban is fake, put it off. speaker guy: Yes, you are right, I got too many fans who kiss my hands and listen to me but I will remove my Turban and from tomorrow on I will admit to everyone that it was all fake. 

What I try to say is that it is very difficult for him to do that.

If that is the case, then that in itself shows that he shouldn't be in a position of authority.

It's a unfortunate turn that hawzah has taken in the past years. There used to be a standard required by students before being approved or even considered worthy of speaking on matters of religion. Now every keyboard warrior can take a summercamp in najaf or qum and be regarded as sheyikh. We are producing more "scholars" than we are khorma. I'm almost tempted to assume that after current generation of marjas, we will be stuck with mediocre(at best) level "scholars"

It depends on what Hawza they went to and who their teacher was. We have seen people who go somewhere for a couple of years and return back pretending to be urafa. Then there are others who spend over 10 years in the hawzah and they dress like normal people and avoid giving lectures. Some people probably like to give turbans because they want to exert influence.

Ayatullah Khomeini [a]:

We have seen people whose existence causes lessons to be learned, merely seeing them and looking at them raises one’s awareness. At present in Tehran, about which I have some information, the neighborhoods differ from one another. Neighborhoods in which a pure and refined ‘alim lives have righteous people with strong faith.

In another neighborhood where a corrupt deviant person wears the turban, and has become the prayer leader, and set up shop, you will see that the people there have been misled, and have been polluted and perverted. This is the same pollution from the stench which the evil ‘alim, the ‘alim without action, the perverted ‘alim has brought in this world, and the smell of it causes the people of hell to suffer. *

* This is from a hadith.

The link in Post #202 said Sheikh Mohammed Tawhidi is coming from Australia. I don't think people in Qom or Karbala would like to be associated with him.

The link in Post #202 said Sheikh Mohammed Tawhidi is coming from Australia. I don't think people in Qom or Karbala would like to be associated with him.

because you have asked all people in Qom or Najaf!

Edited by lover

Here you can see, Sadiq Shirazi, pushing him away from kissing his feet:

You can see that it is out of his influence, if he comes and want to do something.

lol it was funny to watch .

But no, the humble sayed shirazi was pushing his feet away because he is humble and respectful & does not let people kiss his feet  . it doesn't have anything to do with Tawhidi 

Actually, sayed shirazi stood up when brother tawhidi came as a sign of respect, he respected tawhidi . 

On another hand , the comments left by the salafis on his channel are hilarious. 

Edited by -Enlightened

because of my contribution in this thread i got a star minus on my profile, this is how it works here when you write your opinion: I am out of this thread,

Edited by lover

because my contribution in this thread i got a star minus on my profile, this is how it works here when you write your opinion: I am out of this thread,

oh im sorry for the person who has put a 1 star on your profile but it must have been for another reason because nearly everyone on this topic is against Tawhidi.

anyways, i gave you 5 stars on your profile just now to raise it at 4. I hope it makes you feel better

oh im sorry for the person who has put a 1 star on your profile but it must have been for another reason because nearly everyone on this topic is against Tawhidi.

anyways, i gave you 5 stars on your profile just now to raise it at 4. I hope it makes you feel better

it was for this topic, i have only written on this topic today and it got down by two stars today.

Shukran anyways.

Edited by lover

it was for this topic, i have only written on this topic today and it got down by two stars today.

Shukran anyways.

oh hold on, i went back to your see your posts from yesterday and it was as if you were supporting Tawhidi , that's why someone probably gave you two stars down.  As wrong as it seems, you will get used to it. People give low stars to others whom they disagree against but keep in mind that stars don't determine the type of person you are .. they don't determine your reputation either

Edited by -Enlightened

oh hold on, i went back to your see your posts from yesterday and it was as if you were supporting Tawhidi , that's why someone probably gave you two stars down.  As wrong as it seems, you will get used to it. People give low stars to others whom they disagree against but keep in mind that stars don't determine the type of person you are .. they don't determine your reputation either

i supported another point than some here.

Honestly though, why are people not looking at what the person in question is saying? It's not rocket science, are the things that he says on a daily/weekly/monthly basis something that average shias agree with or not?

Whether or not Ayatollah Shirazi has shaken his hand and had a conversation with him or not is irrelevant. We don't know whether or not Ayatollah Shirazi knows of his constant barrage of quotes or not, so it is no point in discussing it, what we do know however is that these quotes exists and that he has not as far as i know said anything to regret or deny them 

We don't know what Sayyid Shirazi knows, or thinks, but he does seem to attract a lot of these types of people. Whenever you find someone who comes out with deviant statements, or who is fond of using vulgar language, they almost always seem connected to the Shirazi clan in some way or another (and appear to have an extreme reverence for Sayyid Sadiq Shirazi). I'm not saying it's the Sayyid's fault. Just making an observation.

We don't know what Sayyid Shirazi knows, or thinks, but he does seem to attract a lot of these types of people. Whenever you find someone who comes out with deviant statements, or who is fond of using vulgar language, they almost always seem connected to the Shirazi clan in some way or another (and appear to have an extreme reverence for Sayyid Sadiq Shirazi). I'm not saying it's the Sayyid's fault. Just making an observation.

I know, I just didn't want to say anything. My avatar picture makes anyone reading think of me as very subjective in the matter.............

He is attracted by a lot of people because he is nicer than the other guys in Qom.

That's a blind observation with all due respect.

Sayid Sadiq Alshirazi's line is not to be grouped and compared to that of Mujtaba Alshirazi and Yaser habeeb. I'd like to compare those to Shia wahabies destroying the name of Shiasm and its followers.

These guys are not worth the dirt on Sayid Sadiq Alshirazi's feet. That being said, iI'm not a follower of the sayid but unfortunately almany judge him based on the followers of Yaser Habeeb.

That's a blind observation with all due respect.

Sayid Sadiq Alshirazi's line is not to be grouped and compared to that of Mujtaba Alshirazi and Yaser habeeb. I'd like to compare those to Shia wahabies destroying the name of Shiasm and its followers.

These guys are not worth the dirt on Sayid Sadiq Alshirazi's feet. That being said, iI'm not a follower of the sayid but unfortunately almany judge him based on the followers of Yaser Habeeb.

Bro, you didn't really comment on his comment though. He wasn't grouping from what I understood, he is simply saying what many people notice, that these "sheikhs" Yasser, Tawhidi, Mujtaba etc etc, are "somehow" connected to him, either by blood, relation or simply saying they follow him. So the observation is, why are all these bad mouthing sheykhs connected to Ayatollah Shirazi, and why isn't the Ayatollah denouncing them? And if he as, then we should probably make that more clear. 

Do you know who the owner of the TV broadcasting channels that broadcast Yasser videos, mujtaba videos, and funds some of these is? 

The Official Brother Tawhidi Youtube Channel???

...I'm speechless

Yes it is the official account of Sheikh Tawhidi. What is your problem with him respecting his Marja? All you guys are posting fake information about Sheikh Tawhidi and attacking him when he has not done anything wrong. If you guys want to debate, debate properly, and don't attack. You should criticize if you think your correct but do not lie

^Why do I get the feeling the post above me is brother Tawhidi himself...  :huh:

This guy's views are craaazy. I used to follow him on twitter about a year ago until I was BLOWN AWAY by his absurd tweets that many have already quoted in this topic. I wonder if mainstream scholars know about him views and have made steps to openly condemn him. 

If you take a broader view of contemporary Shia politics, the Shirazi clan represents a somewhat alternative view of leadership to what offered by the WF-led leadership. So those who have deep opposition to WF leadership try to seek legitimacy for their views by associating themselves with the Shirazi clan, or purporting to be their followers, whether Shirazis like it or not, endorse them or not. So you're right in saying it's not the sayyed (Sadiq Shirazi's) fault.