Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Btw, Brother Tawhidi, there is a nice test I devised for myself, to test my sincerity and the real directions for which my actions are directed towards. Our actions should always be directed towards God and if we examine our intention, seldom do we find them pure. This realization gives us a good warning that the path we are upon is not right or at least tainted with Ego and whims.

The test is this: say this prayer and say ameen to it. Yah Allah, if the next few moments, hours, days, months and years lead me farther away from you and I engage in actions contrary to your will, kill me this instance and forgive my sins thus far. Ameen.

If you are unable to say this prayer without hesitation and without fear, I ask you to have mercy upon yourself and reflect and purify your intention.

Salaam

Who wants unity with the likes of 'brother Tawhidi', and his supporters? Personally, that would be the last thing I'd want.

Of course noone wants unity with his or his followers, however my point is people change when these people are brought to light as they see it as a form of change. It's ridiculous but people genuinely go from normal people to supporters of this whacko. Allahu a3lam

The guy just makes things worse for himself day by day:

The Allah that believes Omar Ibnul Khattab isnt a homosexual b*****d isnt the Allah I worship.

4:46pm - 5 Apr 13

May the curse of Allah Almighty be bestowed upon Ali Shariati (Omar Shariati) the son of Zina.

8:14pm - 5 Apr 13

Again, I wouldn't call them stupid per se...

Most likely ignorant of certain facts and misguided on certain issues, wAllahu a'lam.

Yes, that too. But they are literally stupid - I doubt any of them have IQ numbers higher than 40 or so.

It's not Gheeba dear brother.

I'm not too sure, as I've read this:

Ghiība of Specified Persons and Ghiība of General People

It is Ghiība only if it is with respect to a particular person. If there is no mention of name or special traits of a person it is not termed Ghiība. For example, one says, „I saw a person in such and such way.‟ This would not be Ghiība. But if at the same time he indicates a distinguishing feature of this person, it is Ghiība. Like for example saying that the person has such and such type of son or daughter. It is Harām because in this way he has caused grief to all the concerned people. If one mentions the genre like he says. „A person from Isfahan or Shiraz has done that. This is allowed. It is also allowed to say some people of Isfahan are such and such.‟ But saying that all the people of Isfahan or Shiraz are like that, is Harām without any doubt. This is because it would amount to be the Ghiība of all the people of these cites. If one says that majority of the people of that city are like that, it is against precaution. In fact there is a strong indication of its illegality.

Source

I'm not too sure, as I've read this:

Ghiība of Specified Persons and Ghiība of General People

It is Ghiība only if it is with respect to a particular person. If there is no mention of name or special traits of a person it is not termed Ghiība. For example, one says, „I saw a person in such and such way.‟ This would not be Ghiība. But if at the same time he indicates a distinguishing feature of this person, it is Ghiība. Like for example saying that the person has such and such type of son or daughter. It is Harām because in this way he has caused grief to all the concerned people. If one mentions the genre like he says. „A person from Isfahan or Shiraz has done that. This is allowed. It is also allowed to say some people of Isfahan are such and such.‟ But saying that all the people of Isfahan or Shiraz are like that, is Harām without any doubt. This is because it would amount to be the Ghiība of all the people of these cites. If one says that majority of the people of that city are like that, it is against precaution. In fact there is a strong indication of its illegality.

Source

@2:14 - is this Gheeba?

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=616687&id=1135

Backbiting means “speaking ill of a believer in their absence with the purpose of disparaging or not, and no matter whether the alleged shortcoming was related to his body, lineage, behaviour, deeds, statements, religion, or life, and other defects which are [usually] concealed from the people. Similarly, it does not matter whether the description was done by words or by gesture.”

(bismillah)

(salam)

He should not call himself Brother Tawhidi. He should use his own first and last name. How many other men are known as Brother Tawhidi and are embarrassed by his filthy remarks. :unsure:

His real name is Mohammad Tawhidi according to a video from youtube where he lectured.

From his twitter page:

For as long as Allah Almighty exists, Imam Ali (a.s) also exists.

Edited by Ali-F

(salam)

Brother Tawhidi has some psychological problems and has been taking medications, as brother SeyedMusawi stated.

From a psychological point of view, I believe that this brother is very lonely and needs attention or fame, so he goes in public and makes public speeches. Of course, he is a school drop-out (like it was stated in one of the posts) so he went to Qom to study Hawza and he was conditioned to go on the minbar in order to receive attention .

Me neither, I do not agree with his views . At all .

But instead of doing gheeba on him , or speaking bad of him .. I really think you should become his friend, give him the attention he needs.. he will stop going on the minbar and will perhaps change his views.

remember, he has a psychological problem . Its not his fault

As for the Ghiba problem, I believe, from my little knowledge, that since many of his claims are indeed blasphemous - or, at least, on the verge of blasphemy - we can expose those but I don't see a point in estimating his IQ score (this reminds of an interesting discussion I learnt of in Sociology about whether an IQ score is even the right way of gauging intelligence). A person can be wrong and a genius. You don't need to belittle anyone in terms of intelligence just to prove they are wrong. So, calling them stupid may, well, be going off reservation.

There is no problem with doing gheeba of a kafir mushrik. Anyway, people are speaking on a public forum, which he seems to be aware of, so it's hardly gheeba in the first place.

Someone's knowledge of you speaking about them doesn't mean that the action is any better. Like I've said, why not expose the truth about him without going off too much into personal attacks.

There is no problem with doing gheeba of a kafir mushrik. Anyway, people are speaking on a public forum, which he seems to be aware of, so it's hardly gheeba in the first place.

there is a huge problem in the hypocrisy your talking about. If thats the case then we should lie to liars, cheat the cheaters, steal from stealers, and kill the killers. We are not helping the situation, we are making it worse. Besides the fact that this is not the behavior of a mohmin, someone who thinks the are truly on a better path then the person they are personally attacking. Is this what our imams thought us? To attack the person in anyway just to get a point across. I get the significance of the thread but people here took it too far. We dont need to get deeper, I think everyone knows by now his ideology is far from shia, and in the end its up to the people to listen or not. The end.

there is a huge problem in the hypocrisy your talking about. If thats the case then we should lie to liars, cheat the cheaters, steal from stealers, and kill the killers. We are not helping the situation, we are making it worse. Besides the fact that this is not the behavior of a mohmin, someone who thinks the are truly on a better path then the person they are personally attacking. Is this what our imams thought us? To attack the person in anyway just to get a point across. I get the significance of the thread but people here took it too far. We dont need to get deeper, I think everyone knows by now his ideology is far from shia, and in the end its up to the people to listen or not. The end.

You misinterpreted what Haydar said. He didn't say we should do Gheeba on him just because of blasphemous remarks, Haydar was alluding to the fact that its not a sin to do Gheeba to a Mushrik. It's only a sin to do Gheeba to a believer. There was nothing wrong with what Haydar said, I think there was just a slight misunderstanding on your part Bro. Insha'Allah that's cleared up.

You misinterpreted what Haydar said. He didn't say we should do Gheeba on him just because of blasphemous remarks, Haydar was alluding to the fact that its not a sin to do Gheeba to a Mushrik. It's only a sin to do Gheeba to a believer. There was nothing wrong with what Haydar said, I think there was just a slight misunderstanding on your part Bro. Insha'Allah that's cleared up.

im not talking about gheeba, im talking about in general. I do think it is wrong to do any wrong to a person no matter who they are. Two wrongs dont make a right. Where does it say its not a sin to do gheeba on a bad person? Your just jumping on their boat too, going to their level.

im not talking about gheeba, im talking about in general. I do think it is wrong to do any wrong to a person no matter who they are. Two wrongs dont make a right. Where does it say its not a sin to do gheeba on a bad person? Your just jumping on their boat too, going to their level.

It is well known that Scholars have concluded it is not a sin to do Gheeba to a non-Muslim. Does that make it the right thing to do? No. But all it does is state that its not a sin. The Qur'an adresses the Believers saying not to do Gheeba of one another. There is no mention of any other group besides the Mu'mins. I'm sure there are Ahadith regarding this issue as well.

In fact Gheeba could become Wajib to do on a bad person. If this person is spreading Fasad, you should reveal this persons evil intentions and deeds to warn others, which was exactly the point of this thread. Though, it may not even fall under the category of Gheeba due to the fact that he is publically making blasphemous comments. All Haydar was just paraphrasing the ruling according to Sharia, that it's not a Sin if one backbites a non-Muslim.

There are Marja who ruled it is not a Sin or Haram to do Gheeba to Sunni's. I bet you'd find that interesting. They state that according to them though Sunni's are Muslims, they are not Mu'mins.

It is well known that Scholars have concluded it is not a sin to do Gheeba to a non-Muslim. Does that make it the right thing to do? No. But all it does is state that its not a sin. The Qur'an adresses the Believers saying not to do Gheeba of one another. There is no mention of any other group besides the Mu'mins. I'm sure there are Ahadith regarding this issue as well.

In fact Gheeba could become Wajib to do on a bad person. If this person is spreading Fasad, you should reveal this persons evil intentions and deeds to warn others, which was exactly the point of this thread. Though, it may not even fall under the category of Gheeba due to the fact that he is publically making blasphemous comments. All Haydar was just paraphrasing the ruling according to Sharia, that it's not a Sin if one backbites a non-Muslim.

There are Marja who ruled it is not a Sin or Haram to do Gheeba to Sunni's. I bet you'd find that interesting. They state that according to them though Sunni's are Muslims, they are not Mu'mins.

i think the issue is people not knowing what counts as gheeba or an insult/attack personally

he deserves to be called crazy and idiot, he believes in yazid bro. Besides, I even called this guy crazy, there is nothing wrong with calling someone crazy or an idiot because of what they believe is there? Just like allahyari/habib, same goes for them. But some people are going tooooo far. But we havnt even heard this guy say some of the stuff that is said on the twitter? Why is that? We dont know much about this guy yet. How do we know its his actual twitter? Can you prove it. If it is, and those are his words then yes he is crazy.

Edited by PureEthics

he deserves to be called crazy and idiot, he believes in yazid bro. Besides, I even called this guy crazy, there is nothing wrong with calling someone crazy or an idiot because of what they believe is there? Just like allahyari/habib, same goes for them. But some people are going tooooo far.

How are people going too far? Can you give an example of what you think is an unjustified attack?

How are people going too far? Can you give an example of what you think is an unjustified attack?

in this particular case, calling him a mushirk kaffir,or saying he committed shirk, ARE YOU 100% HE WORSHIPS SOMEONE BESIDES Allah, OR TAKES ALI AS A PARTNER? 100%? How do you know he isnt confused or something?

Edited by PureEthics

I find it honestly remarkable that you would be fine with abusing Zakir Naik for believing Yazid was a good Muslim, yet when someone calls Ali God and says so much disgusting filth about Allah, the CREATOR... You all of a sudden come to defend this person and say we shouldn't say/do x, y and z.

Wow...

Does this guy even know we have a Prophet? Why do these extremist always have such a fascination with Ali? Ali (as) was literally NOTHING without the Prophet (sawa)... No one seems to remember that it was the Prophet who taught him and raised him.

did you hear him with his mouth say ali is god? if not then you cannot say he is a kafir.

Also without Allah there would be no prophet or ali....