Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

In response to Ali:

So its okay for anyone to come here to Qum....not study at all, put on the Turban, and claim to have studied here?

Thats bad enough but then imagine...this individual has gone on to commit Kufr and make outlandish statments not supported by Islam.

After all of this you are still supporting him and saying he is just a kid? Maybe he shouldn't have put on the clothing of the Prophet (s) then.

You should at least pretend to have some respect for that clothing and for the rank of scholars.

With people like you...its no wonder that such individuals thrive and grow in influence.

If you're a man...then don't edit this post like you edited my other ones to make it seem as if i was also supporting this deviant fraudster...

Brother, have you met him in person? You stated in your previous post that this guy is known in Qom for his flirty character amongst other things. How do you know all that?

I am too not in favour of what brother Ali mentioned. The only way to make him realize (if he hasn't already and not repented) is to strip him of his amamah by those scholars themselves, banned from the hawzas and warn him to keep a distance of 300 metres from any minbar. That should put some sense into his mashed brain.

Inquisitor:

Yes....i know him personally, as he attended some classes that i was in (even though he only showed up a handful of times during the year...thats one of the reasons he was eventually kicked out of my school)

In response to Ali:

So its okay for anyone to come here to Qum....not study at all, put on the Turban, and claim to have studied here?

Thats bad enough but then imagine...this individual has gone on to commit Kufr and make outlandish statments not supported by Islam.

After all of this you are still supporting him and saying he is just a kid? Maybe he shouldn't have put on the clothing of the Prophet (s) then.

You should at least pretend to have some respect for that clothing and for the rank of scholars.

With people like you...its no wonder that such individuals thrive and grow in influence.

If you're a man...then don't edit this post like you edited my other ones to make it seem as if i was also supporting this deviant fraudster...

seyedmusawi,

This is a Shi'a website with clear rules: No unfounded claims especially when you've failed to provide any proof. I too can say I've attended Hazwa and that you, la sama7 Allah, were a deviant person based on what I've seen and used to drink and take drugs and skip class. Is that acceptable to you? Would you not report it? I'm acting on behalf of reported posts. Your post was reported, I looked for proof, non existed - Gone. These are the rules of the site and we do this for everyone. No where in this thread did I "defend" the brother, I said we need to take a diplomatic approach. If I needed to hide the truth and "defend" him, as the site owner, I would delete this entire thread though I agreed this thread would remain open to serve both as a warning to new people getting to know Brother Tawhidi to approach with caution and/or for Brother Tawhidi himself to see the negative reaction he's causing due to his posts.

Inquisitor:

Yes....i know him personally, as he attended some classes that i was in (even though he only showed up a handful of times during the year...thats one of the reasons he was eventually kicked out of my school)

I've known him personally and have spoken about him based on my experience with him, yet the difference between you and I is that I am a real person with a real name and most of the people on this site know me personally, know someone who knows me or have one way or another met me. You come in here saying you're a student of the Hawza and you've studied with him without mentioning who you are, date of studies, who your teachers were, classes you attended, etc. If you wish to stand behind your claims, make yourself clear and identify yourself and ultimately the best way is to get a letter from your teachers at the Hawza or the Hawza itself or a Marji3 for that matter denouncing the turban he's wearing.

For example, I know for a fact that he works in the office of Ayatollah Sayid Al-Shirazi, this is where we found him before we invited him - That alone is the only fact we know. Are we investigating further? Maybe.. Have we approached Ayatollah Shirazi about him asking questions? Maybe.. But until there is solid proof, its hearsay and accusations and you would want me to edit these exact same posts if someone came and accused you of what you're saying about the guy.

Guys,

Can I clarify something re: Brother Tawhidi? I feel like having met him and known him personally and very closely for a few weeks, I need to add my 2 cents.

Back in Muharram we invited brother Tawhidi over to Ottawa (Canada) as per recommendation from a friend we had in Iran. Brother Tawhidi did a decent job with the lectures being the young person that he is and attracted the youth and was a hit in the first few days Alhamdullilah. His main goal was to be there for the youth and he showed willingness to learn and take criticism as much as possible. I cannot comment on what went on privately with the brother other than he really is a truly "fun" guy to hang around with despite his views being a little out of this world on a few subjects, mostly issues he had already tweeted and posted on his facebook wall. Like I said though, these issues were private between a closed shia circle. Unfortunately, the issues began when these private discussion grew to public and his views were shared publically where many did not appreciate or felt comfortable hearing or having their kids hear. Needless to say, many complained.

We did ask the brother to tone it down, which he did as much as possible, but unfortunately you cannot get that pro-Yasir Habeeb/Mujstaba Shirazi out of someone once its in.

That being said, the brother has a lot of potential and is a great speaker none the less. I do feel like we need to calm down in this thread and not result to unproven claims or personal attacks on the man. Though I whole heartedly agree with the majority that the brother's posts on Facebook and twitter are embarrassing to say the least and damaging to Shiism beyond repair, I do believe he is slowly realizing that he could be a great asset to Shii'sm by taking a more liberal, constructive and diplomatic approach. That being said, ShiaChat is popular when it comes to SEO by Google. The second someone google's "brother tawhidi", this thread is the first that comes up. Having said that, I think its unconstructive to tarnish a brother's reputation in a thread such as this one despite the fact that he is already doing that on his own across social networks. Him deleting his Facebook and twitter accounts could be signs of him maturing as a student of the hazwa and if he decides in the future that he wishes to start a new page and have this thread deleted, I hope that you can all support this.

Inshallah this is resolved soon. If brother Tawhidi wishes to sign up and respond to this, it may be beneficial.. But that's up to him. We'd love to have him as a guest for example in our Sunni/Shia debates forum as he's excellent when it comes to these discussions but unfortunately with what's been going on, it would be very difficult.

P.S: I will be monitoring this thread and deleted unproven claims much like I would for any other person who's being accused without proof.

Inshallah khair..

I am curious, who had recommended Brother Tawhidi to you?

To be honest, I think the soft reaction on the part of some members to such clear cut kufr is quite telling. When a group of people called Imam Ali (as) rabb, he asked them to repent and then killed them when they refused. Possibly the only reason they were even given the chance to repent was because they were not born Muslims. This guy is a born Muslim, and is posting clear cut kufr, but some people see that as nothing more than some youthful extravagance. The things he has been posting are not a joke, and should not be treated as something that can just be brushed off.

Someone who hasn't even got the basis of Islam right should be nowhere near a mimbar. I don't are how well he connects with the youth, or how much 'love' he has for the Imams (as). When you post Allah = Ali, or that Ali could have created himself, you are spitting on everything the Imams (as) stood for.

Hmm...I agree with this. At 20 he is not a kid, and is fully responsible for what he believes. Worse still, by putting himself in front of others he may also be responsible for misleading others and may need to answer for that too.

Is the 'owner' of this site really going to support such an individual who has no problem in lying when in sticky situations (refer to the fact he claims to have studied in al-Azhar for a while)?

I think it's really unfair to bring forward the fact that Ali started this website. I mean, he is just like one of us and is entitled to an opinion of his own. Why should we keep bringing up people's positions and not just discuss whatever they are saying? The same thing happened, with others, on the thread about Mac.

Plus, he is being really fair. If he wanted, because he is opposed to this, delete the thread and being the owner, no one could argue with him but he didn't so let's just discuss Tawhidi and not bring in who owns what.

We can collectively have a positive influence on him if we state our demands in an appropriate manner rather than the style we've chosen in this thread.

After reading your posts, I guess I also realise I was a bit harsh and I guess we could tone down the criticisms a bit but we can't just stop criticising him because he is young. I mean, when you decide to go to a public forum and sit on the mimbar, choosing to represent Shi'ism, you take on a responsibility and if you say stuff that isn't exactly representative of Ahlulbayt (peace be upon them all), you must be corrected and reprimanded.

I am less than 20 but if I said something blatantly wrong - not to mention the sort of immoral stuff on those online pages, if they do belong to him - I wouldn't exactlly mind people reprimanding me because if I am stating an opinion, I have to make sure I have, as much as possible, verified it. Plus, the Facebook page, if it does belong to him, not only claims Allah = Ali, it goes on to say to say that if loving Ali - which is what he justifies such as thing by - is Kufr then he is a Kafir?! Again, maybe he didn't write that but if he did, he isn't exactly listening.

His future depends on how he changes and what he makes of himself - as of right now, he's uneducated and goes against Shia Islamic principles, and so not worthy of any speaking positions (so that he doesn't mislead more people to his shirk).

If we go easy on him what's going to stop any random guy from the next generation to brand himself as a speaker and say rubbish from his position?

We should be more concerned about Islam than a mushrik.

Salams,

I feel like I gave my opinion regarding this thread and regarding Br. Tawhidi in general. If for some reason anyone still thinks I'm defending, making excuse for or go further to claim I "support" him then that's their prerogative, I believe my message is very clear. Again, I've stated my points which happen to be a warning more than anything to both Br. Tawhidi regarding the damage he's doing to himself (this thread being a proof) and those in this thread that are bringing allegations without proof. As an Admins of this site, we're here to promote the rules, I've done this and will continue to do that on this thread.

Again, if I'm here for his defense, this thread would have been deleted a long time ago. I'm here hoping that this thread would be directly responsible for a possible change for the better for him as I know he's been reading every post and has began to make changes. I encourage everyone to give their opinions on Br. Tawhidi, opinions based on personal experiences with him (which usually speaks volumes) and not allegations they heard. I also invite anyone who has solid proof to provide it as well so that if any of these accusations are true we can make it public and this person can be stopped once and for all. I'm doing my due diligence by following up with the office of Sayid Al-Shirazi, I'm sure you folks can do the same.

Inshallah you understand.

Ws.
Ali

Inshallah Khair.

FYI, just to ensure I'm not overruling the mods, I've asked the Admis/Mods to discuss between them and vote as to whether to allow or disallow current and future allegations being posted on this thread. I agree that this is a sensitive subject and I'd hate to have made a mistake in anyone's right to express themselves so I'm leaving it up to the Admins and a decision will be passed on soon

Please check the Admin forum.

On a side note, he seems to be loving all the attention, if you look at his social media sites - he has been stating how much attention his facebook and twitter page are now getting because of the words of his "enemies".

He says:

In order to grow in fame and character, two things are needed: 1, Your goals and objectives and 2, make sure your enemies talk about you.

The amount of effort one's enemies put in order to destroy someone, is priceless. And in return, with the same amount of force... he grows in fame.

https://www.facebook...Tawhidi?fref=ts

I think Tawhidi shouldn't be the real aim of this thread. He is so careless that he is not even a big threat to the community. The real issue is those who try to hide their corruption.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Brother Ali:

Here is more from the twitter account of the individual you supported:

I entered his name in google, near the bottom on the page, there is a blog that had been set up in his defence, dated from the 4th of August, 2011

These were its objectives:

WE ACT IN DEFENSE OF OUR BROTHER TAWHIDI

A couple of blogs have been created to degrade Our Shaikh in every way possible. This is why we have created this Blog with Brother Tawhidi's permission to make clear and interpret what the Shaikh means while stating statements and to invalidate false accusations. We ask Allah Swt for his support, and wish nothing but peace and love for the ones who Allah Swt Loves, Mohammad and his purified family (SAWW).

http://truthfultawhi...er-tawhidi.html

If the dates given by the brothers in this thread are accurate, then even before his going to Qum, he was a well known deviant, the blog is now empty, all articles seem to have been removed.

Without needing to speculate too much, it is pretty clear what the story probably was.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

So he made it onto Hadi TV?

http://haditvgroup.b...aditvgroup.html

Hadi TV Group@haditvgroup3 Feb

Mind Talk 001 -Hadi Tv Group Lecturer: Brother Tawhidi to see more episodes: http://www.haditv.com http://fb.me/1x99uzged

Edited by Muhammed Ali

I think he's just a young guy who want to be a famous figure quickly, not caring how he does it. I mean he's 20, how much hawza studies has he done (assuming he's finished only high school)? He enjoys the sheikh's clothing, turban, the respect, the feeling of power when giving advice, being looked up to as a leader, having "fans" and equally "haters". This guy sees all that and wants to grab it, and plus promoting yourself as a speaker is an relatively easier way of making money and getting paid to travel.

I entered his name in google, near the bottom on the page, there is a blog that had been set up in his defence, dated from the 4th of August, 2011

These were its objectives:

WE ACT IN DEFENSE OF OUR BROTHER TAWHIDI

A couple of blogs have been created to degrade Our Shaikh in every way possible. This is why we have created this Blog with Brother Tawhidi's permission to make clear and interpret what the Shaikh means while stating statements and to invalidate false accusations. We ask Allah Swt for his support, and wish nothing but peace and love for the ones who Allah Swt Loves, Mohammad and his purified family (SAWW).

http://truthfultawhi...er-tawhidi.html

Our Shaikh? How old was he at the time? 18? 19? He probably made that site himself.

I don't know why he doesn't just have the guts to leave what he believes up for all to see, instead of constantly taking it down. He should stop being such a coward, and stand by what he believes in.

He has been posting things about various unnamed Marja's as well:

A Marja Taqlid in Qum told a caravan that visited him from the west that the Wahabi that kills Brother Tawhidi will enter paradise.

5:49pm - 4 Apr 13

I wish my uncle too was a Marja in Karbala so we can steal Mosques in Isfahaan and lands in Karbala.

2:19pm - 4 Apr 13

Edited by Haydar Husayn

This is one of the stupidest lectures i've ever heard.

No duh, I can't believe he's saying that the blasphemous statement of that guy from Hawzah saying that Abu al-Fadl al-`Abbas [r] was an Imaam and Imaam al-Jawaad [a] not being one is a miracle of the love of Abu al-Fadl [r].

'So he made it onto Hadi TV?'

He did a few programs there until he was kicked out. Basically, this guy has something like a world record for getting into places and then immediately being kicked out. It doesn't take long to figure out who and what he is... The only place he's still welcome is Sayyid Shirazi's office.

The main issue with individuals such as this are that they give ammunition to the Wahhabis that we Shias are in fact deviants and kafirs. For example, someone on twitter had posted the following in regards to Tawhidi:

Abu Al-Baik's Twitter pic (@M_Ullah) [FOLLOW] This tawhidi fella isn't an ignorant Shi'ite, he's clearly spent time with their big scholars.

Read more at http://twicsy.com/i/3NV2nd#7hYVfgXZQmia8xgX.99

http://twicsy.com/i/3NV2nd

These people's devilish works become known when people start work against them.

Sadly this whole 'Exposing' attitude that exists among both sides is often counter productive and backfires.

Most people wouldn't even know about these clowns until someone starts complaining about them or their actions, then people who most likely wouldn't have found out about this persons existence get to know of him.

Before you know it debates take place about whether or not his actions are good or bad and BAM

Agenda fulfilled because people become disunited. The problem is, is that these people are so extreme when division of the community occurs over their beliefs of this method or person, it becomes hard to unite again because of the extreme nature of the beliefs.

Im talking solely about Shia unity here.

Most people wouldn't even know about these clowns until someone starts complaining about them or their actions, then people who most likely wouldn't have found out about this persons existence get to know of him.

I for one think the Shia Muslim community's disowning people like him as soon as their jahiliya emerges is the right think to do.

Doing it after external (such as Wahabi) attacks would make it seem as if we're only disassociating with them for PR purposes, that we actually do sympathize with the ignorant remarks.

I for one think the Shia Muslim community's disowning people like him as soon as their jahiliya emerges is the right think to do.

Doing it after external (such as Wahabi) attacks would make it seem as if we're only disassociating with them for PR purposes, that we actually do sympathize with the ignorant remarks.

Hmm I understand where you're coming from and a certain degree of disownership does come to hand, however in our community we go OTT with the whole exposure idea and it ends up backfiring on us in a lot of ways.

These people's devilish works become known when people start work against them.

Sadly this whole 'Exposing' attitude that exists among both sides is often counter productive and backfires.

Before you know it debates take place about whether or not his actions are good or bad and BAM

Agenda fulfilled because people become disunited. The problem is, is that these people are so extreme when division of the community occurs over their beliefs of this method or person, it becomes hard to unite again because of the extreme nature of the beliefs.

Im talking solely about Shia unity here.

Who wants unity with the likes of 'brother Tawhidi', and his supporters? Personally, that would be the last thing I'd want.

I am feeling bad for ’Brother Tawhidi' , not because of this thread, but what he has done to himself. In the moment if heat and rush, rarely we stop and examine what we are really doing, our sincerity in our intentions, and the effects on the community and upon onself. I am only few years older than him and I too went through a similar phase. Of course I was not as extreme and my views were actually polar opposite, but I am restful to God for having given me a change to reflect and reasses my objectives and methods. This particular age 18-25 is of fluctuation and polarization. I sincerely and earnestly hope that ' Brother thawidi' gives himself some time, even a month is ample if one is sincere, to examine ones intentions, to fight caprice of the soul and to take heed of advices from people. Even if he doesn't acknowledge he has done anything wrong, for the sake ofhis own akhira and others, he owes himself some time for reflection. Please ' Brother Tawhidi', just give yourself some alone time, between you and god, between you and the Imam, and keep far from people for some time, and I promise this will be the best thing you would have done for yourself and others. Your hereafter is at stake and so you must be very diligent and meticulous, or else there is only eternal regret. Brother, the people you mock, like Ayesha and Umar , neither were inheritly Evil, and both perhaps though they were doing good works, but because they were reactionaries, acting on impulses, give little time for introspection, caused great harm and discord. I implore you, even if you think you are right, to give yourself a break from public, and spend some time with god and to reexamine your methods and objectives. Who know, you may be wrong or maybe your methods were wrong. At least if you are wrong you can try to excuses yourself in front of good as a sincere thoughtful mistake and not a reactionary and impulsive mistakes. I pray God guides us and forgives our mistakes.