Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

The 11 points Tawhidi is "proposing" involve shutting down all new mosques, appointing a government overseer for every Muslim school, and banning donations to all Muslim organizations.

I don't think this guy can drop down much lower without actually publicly leaving Islam. Which of course, would mean an end to all the monetary profit he's deriving from this business.

On 6/14/2017 at 6:44 AM, IbnSina said:

May Allah swt curse his cleaved tongue!

58 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Such an enemy of islam deserves the condemnation of the muslims, too bad we are not allowed to.

You already condemned Tawhidi. See your post on the previous page. 

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Such an enemy of islam deserves the condemnation of the muslims, too bad we are not allowed to.

Who said so? The thread is almost entirely all about condemning him. But, here, I'll do it for you again: I condemn Tawhidi. Happy?

Here is the accompanying article to the radio report above:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-23/imam-tawhidi-the-problem-with-the-medias-favourite-muslim/8643726?pfmredir=sm

Interesting quote from Tawhidi in program:

"I do not attribute myself to any to anyone, at all. Anyone at all. I am a free human being … Yes, I am a student of the Grand Ayatollah Sayid Sadiq Al-Husseini Shirazi and he crowned me … I am not a representative of the Grand Ayatollah Shirazi. What's going on between me and the Sayid, that's nobody's business … I have his picture in my office, that doesn't mean that I represent him or I speak on his behalf."

- Mohammad Tawhidi, Facebook, June 19, 2017

Sorry, I don't know how to edit my post above.

3 hours ago, gotmuffins! said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-23/imam-tawhidi-the-problem-with-the-medias-favourite-muslim/8643726?pfmredir=sm

"I do not attribute myself to any to anyone, at all. Anyone at all. I am a free human being … Yes, I am a student of the Grand Ayatollah Sayid Sadiq Al-Husseini Shirazi and he crowned me … I am not a representative of the Grand Ayatollah Shirazi. What's going on between me and the Sayid, that's nobody's business … I have his picture in my office, that doesn't mean that I represent him or I speak on his behalf."

At least he admits there is something going on between them, although we all knew that from the start. 

19 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

ABC radio in Australia did a piece on him, worth a listen.

Shiachat got a mention

https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pgbVwrEOD6?play=true

Yeah, I posted it above. I was shocked when I heard about this very thread on the program! haha.

32 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Yeah sorry I only noticed that after.

Shame it isn't a documentary type show, some visuals would have been good

No problem akhi! The more exposure the better. Yeah, a video documentary would have been slick. 

The interview sort of confirmed what I have seen observing Tawhidi off and on since 2014. My guess is that he was close to the Shirazis when he was preaching l'anat against Sunni personalities, tatbir, and serving as host for some programs on Imam Hussein TV3, but the Shirazi camp began to disassociate themselves from Tawhidi once he went full blown western sell-out plastering his mug on any TV program that would take him as their darling "Imam of Peace." 

Edited by gotmuffins!

19 hours ago, gotmuffins! said:

Here is the latest investigative report from ABC (aus). It is a 40 minute radio program that digs into his shady past.

https://radio.abc.net.au/programitem/pgbVwrEOD6?play=true

You beat me to it. I believe some the information gathered as part of the investigation came from this thread, and i'm glad they've made the link between him and the fringe Shirazis (would have been nice if they mentioned Yassir Habib too).

More needs to be done to expose their brand of hate. The Ahlul Bayt (as) never taught such hate. He mislead the Australian public who thought he was a 'reformist' where in fact he has a Shirazi styled agenda of inter-sectarian warfare. His call for the burning of all of Bukhari is akin to calling for the Old-Testament to be burned and lost to history because of some of its radical teachings (reminds me of the Obama bible bash session 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbf3purr_E ).

1 hour ago, Ya Aba 3abdillah said:

You beat me to it. I believe some the information gathered as part of the investigation came from this thread, and i'm glad they've made the link between him and the fringe Shirazis (would have been nice if they mentioned Yassir Habib too).

More needs to be done to expose their brand of hate. The Ahlul Bayt (as) never taught such hate. He mislead the Australian public who thought he was a 'reformist' where in fact he has a Shirazi styled agenda of inter-sectarian warfare. His call for the burning of all of Bukhari is akin to calling for the Old-Testament to be burned and lost to history because of some of its radical teachings (reminds me of the Obama bible bash session 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbf3purr_E ).

They did mention YH I think, they said that the shirazis aim to dominate the media and have over a dozen tv channels, including in the uk and YH is under investigation for hate speech.

Unless I'm confusing it with an article that I read.

21 minutes ago, Ya Aba 3abdillah said:

As soon as you come across someone who blatantly (with hate) starts immaturely insulting every Sunni by publicly cursing the Khalifas and the wife of the Prophet (Aisha), you can make a safe bet is a Shirazi fanboy.

It seems to me as if he's gone off on a bit of a tangent now with all of this pro-right wing Islam-is-dangerous image he's projecting now. If anything, he's only using the Shirazis to give himself a semblance of religious authority. And I don't think this love is mutual anymore.

12 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

It seems to me as if he's gone off on a bit of a tangent now with all of this pro-right wing Islam-is-dangerous image he's projecting now. If anything, he's only using the Shirazis to give himself a semblance of religious authority. And I don't think this love is mutual anymore.

Why do you think that they haven't come out and criticised him? Several people have written to several of the shirazi offices and no one seems to have  received a reply.

The most critical thing that I read is that another shirazi cleric in Australia thinks that he is a fool, but won't say so publicly. 

On 23/06/2017 at 9:30 AM, gotmuffins! said:

The point isn't whether Tawhidi represents Sayyid Shirazi or speaks on his behalf. Nobody claims he does. The point is whether either of them disassociate themselves from the other. The media really need to press Tawhidi on Sayyid Shirazi's views, which are clearly incompatible with this ultra-liberal version of Islam that Tawhidi is pushing (or pretending to push). Meanwhile, Shias need to be pressing Sayyid Shirazi's office for a statement on Tawhidi, because the silence has been deafening up until now.

Those who think this has anything to do with selling out to the West are missing the point. Tawhidi is no Majeed Nawaz. His only objective is to raise his own profile, and to do as much damage to Sunnism and Sunnis as possible.

8 minutes ago, gotmuffins! said:

Exactly. Shirazi was my marj'a and they never got back to me about Tawhidi, or any other inquiries for that matter. I feel like their politics are not geared toward preparing the world for the return of Imam Mahdi (atfs). Not to mention their loose association with the likes of Yasser Habib and his crew in the UK. I'm glad I switched. 

You switched from Shirazi to Imam Khamenei? Congratulations brother, you made the perfect decision. May Allah reward you.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Guys, I'm going to try and write him a letter in farsi, give it to some family friends who might Inshallah be able to contact Ayatollah Sadiq Shirazi. Give me ideas on how to word it, I'll write it up and post it in another topic. You guys give me final suggestions then It'll be in Iran by 15th of July as that's when some of my family members are going back to Iran.

Did anyone send you a PM on this? 

On 6/25/2017 at 0:26 PM, Hassan- said:

You switched from Shirazi to Imam Khamenei? Congratulations brother, you made the perfect decision. May Allah reward you.

lol I know that's awesome. Allah has guided him alhamdulilah