Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

8 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

Old tweets, he may have changed. 

Read his new letter he wrote.

Im suprised that they show the @ as his official @tawhidicom profile. not sure how this was done, because the tweets in the OP are from a profile specifically set up to ridicule him publicly and not let him forget about mistakes in his past. cos thats obviously what good shia do.

the fake profile is @brothertawhidi and if you notice the profile pic in OP is the same as the fake profile, and not the profile pic being used by  his official account

3 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

?....And here I had built a nice pyre out of dry firewood for the apostate and arranged festivity for the spectacle. Oh well. =/

OP is on a mission from god. take a look at his post history

Edited by DigitalUmmah

On 1/11/2016 at 5:59 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

bear in mind he is still quite young, these tweets are from a while ago and he has calmed down a lot recently. he is actually a really nice guy.

We all have said and done dumb stuff in our youth, give the guy a break.

didnt Imam Ali (as) say "if you see someone committing a sin, do not call him a sinner because he may have repented during the night and you do not know"

From the OP, the old Shia-chat Admin Al-Mufeed:

"(salam)

This is a public service message to the community at large in regards to an individual who is purporting to be a scholar of the howza.

I am aware of the sensitive nature of these types of subjects, and I am only doing this as a duty for the believers to not become misguided by such individuals. This particular individual has been warned by others about his behavior but thus far has not heeded these words.

His own statements and behavior actually expose him on their own, and when reading the things that he writes one can see clearly already that he is not a person who carries the akhlaq and wisdom of Ahlulbayt (as).

However what is important here is he is damaging the institution and the Maraja in the eyes of the people.

This individual is going by the name of "Brother Tawheedi"."

30 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

?....And here I had built a nice pyre out of dry firewood for the apostate and arranged festivity for the spectacle. Oh well. =/

From Brother Muhammed Ali:

On 25/03/2013 at 8:00 PM, Muhammed Ali said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brother Tawhidi is a disgrace to humanity and those who respect him are fools. I am sorry if some people are offended by my words but we need to stop allowing such vile people to take up these positions. This is not an isolated problem. It doesn't take a genius to work out which of them are genuine or not, but unfortunately our community has difficulty discerning the goodness of a person. I personally know of one hawzawi individual who wore the turban and sat on pulpits but did not even pray or fast!! At one point he became the spokesperson for one of the largest Shia organisations in the world.

It's a shame that we have become like sunnis.

May Allah reward you for opening this thread.

I could say more but ..."O' Ibn `Abbas it was like the foam of a Camel which gushed out but subsided".

• Veteran Member
46 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

bear in mind he is still quite young, these tweets are from a while ago and he has calmed down a lot recently. he is actually a really nice guy.

We all have said and done dumb stuff in our youth, give the guy a break.

didnt Imam Ali (as) say "if you see someone committing a sin, do not call him a sinner because he may have repented during the night and you do not know"

Except for the fact that he has a history of 'calming down', only to say more rubbish a few months later. He also has a history of lying about such posts not being his. More importantly than this however, he has never disowned those comments, whether he was claiming they weren't his, or 'dumb stuff from his youth'. Just because he has better taqiyyah now, it doesn't change what he is, unless he comes out and unambiguously disowns all the kufr he has spewed for years. Even then, he should probably stop wearing a turban, and go and get a job, because he is tainted for life as a 'scholar'.

1 minute ago, Tawheed313 said:

Brother if Wilayah and Imamah are important, Tawheed is above it , far more. Therefore what is your verdict on one who makes such statements ?

They are obviously wrong statements. It's quite another thing to say he thinks Ali is somewhat on par with God from these statements.

But in language there is exaggerations like if someones says to a person "Even if God doesn't believe in you, you must believe in yourself" (it's words of disbelief, but it's not meant to be taken literally).

I highly doubt he believes for example that Ali fully sees Allah (swt).

That said, if you want my opinion on what is exaggeration that put's you out of belief in God and his Messengers: the long hadithal Kisaa that is recited everywhere has words of disbelief towards Allah (swt) and his chosen ones (like Messengers and Mariam). But you won't find capability to condemn it without condemning past giants which put's our whole foundation to question. 

The reality is we as a community don't know if we got the right people leading us that followed the right people before them that followed the right people before them right up to the Imams. 

Individuals may know that, but as a community we don't. And we don't care to find out.

It's like in Quran...Jews rejected the chosen Prophets and rejected Isa...but then those who followed Isa went to extreme. 

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

6 minutes ago, StrugglingForTheLight said:

That said, if you want my opinion on what is exaggeration that put's you out of belief in God and his Messenger: the long hadithal Kisaa that is recited everywhere has words of disbelief towards Allah (swt) and his chosen ones (like Messengers and Mariam). But you won't find capability to condemn it without condemning past giants which put's our whole foundation to question. 

How exactly does Hadith al Kisaa have words of disbelief towards Allah?

The reality is we as a community don't know if we got the right people leading us that followed the right people before them that followed the right people before them right up to the Imams.

No, actually, the right thing is that many people in the Shia community have deviated from what the school of Ahlul Bayt is, and forgot that we worship Allah, and that Ahlul Bayt worshipped Allah, and accepted to be oppressed for Allahs cause and Islam. Our Imams are great for this reason, and for the knowledge and wisdom that Allah gave them.

It's saying, Allah [swt] would not have enough love and grace to the rest of creation to create them were it not for five people (those under the cloak). And aside from that hadith, we have many hadiths like that, that were it not for Mohammad and his family, that God would not created anything. 

It means he didn't love Moses or Jesus enough to create the world with them in it without Mohammad and the family of Mohammad which belittles the love he has for them and the station of Moses and Jesus and other Prophets.

It belittles God's grace towards creation, making it dependent on the existence of love of five individuals or fourteen individuals.

Anyone who uses a little of bit reason can see how problematic this belief is toward God, his grace, as well the rank and love God has for his chosen ones in general, (ie. the Prophets).

11 minutes ago, StrugglingForTheLight said:

It's saying, Allah [swt] would not have enough love and grace to the rest of creation to create them were it not for five people (those under the cloak). And aside from that hadith, we have many hadiths like that, that were it not for Mohammad and his family, that God would not created anything. 

It means he didn't love Moses or Jesus enough to create the world with them in it without Mohammad and the family of Mohammad which belittles the love he has for them and the station of Moses and Jesus and other Prophets.

It belittles God's grace towards creation, making it dependent on the existence of love of five individuals or fourteen individuals.

Anyone who uses a little of bit reason can see how problematic this belief is toward God, his grace, as well the rank and love God has for his chosen ones in general, (ie. the Prophets).

It actually means he created Moses, Jesus, and all the prophets to pave the way for the last Prophet of Islam and the 4 infallibles.

9 minutes ago, John Al-Ameli said:

Well thats your belief bruv. I respect it, but doesn't mean I agree.

The thing is I give room for people to hold whatever absurd beliefs they want about God, but I don't respect it when we belittle God's greatness for the sake of sticking to tradition, people, and like the leaders of the people of Nuh, lead people astray all in the same of "we will never abandon so and so and so and so....".

I will speak against this in due time in my life. I think it's a shame to Ahlulbayt that we attribute such things to them.

But this is not the only thing our community or those leading it, abandon from reason. 

In a society that thinks grassroots, it will through time of reflection with the book of guidance that is kept from distortion root out it's problematic thinking. 

As long as we are not grassroots "and their affair is council among themselves..", we will continue to act irrationally or believe or state irrational things regarding God and his religion.

Edited by StrugglingForTheLight

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Al-Ameli said:

Did I insult anyone?

It is reality. Ones who follow that school of thought, tend to talk in this way. If I myself believe it is wrong to think that way, doesn't mean I am insulting anyone. 

I tend to separate the ulama from their followers, otherwise all the trashy wilayatis - and there are a number - are on Syed Khamenei's and Syed Khomeini's head. And that obviously is not the case.

7 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

I tend to separate the ulama from their followers, otherwise all the trashy wilayatis - and there are a number - are on Syed Khamenei's and Syed Khomeini's head. And that obviously is not the case.

Unfortunately for you, I dont agree with the Shirazi theology. Am I forced to agree with it just because he is a Marja'? I dont think so.

I dont look at followers. Except when most followers are doing a very horrible thing, like barking like dogs to the Shrine of Imam Hussein and their Alim says its not an issue. Then yes, it strikes interest.

• Veteran Member

Two things come to mind after reading this thread:

- Personally I do not appreciate ghuluw. At all. I am surprised that (a) Tawhidi guy found those ghuluw inspiring quotes from Shia sources (right?) and simply put em up on display. (b) That he chooses to concentrate on ghuluw, thats his wrong doing, or was, if he repented, but i'm not concerned if he did or not. Rather what I am concerned about is (a), where did he get those from? Another thing is that it looks like Tawhidi is a mulla by profession? Or perhaps his father was? (I honestly have no idea). Now his is an alarming example. This is why I do not believe in the Taqleed of one single man and instead chose to listen to them all and value all their opinions, also because no one is perfect and today our clergy has many problems, and Tawhidi with that turban is a symptom.

- Secondly, I see these discussions here on SC and mostly everybody is predictable. I see the ever inflammatory sub-sectarianist shia takfirists at it who are no different than those they complain about because both have same absence of manners (and then people will still always call me insulting, rude, apostate and all, but thats okay by me). They will build an effigy from assumptions, allegations and let er rip. Useless and most damaging attitude. Then there is the known muqassir type criticizing the ghaali type with rhetoric. Of course, someone who believes that "Imams can die of dysentry" is going to burn at the quotes quoted of Tawhidi in the first post. So who do we listen to? We peeps with little clue? See, I wish to learn from these threads. I have assumed that even this thread is about learning. But I need politically neutral and learned people to listen to. Thats the second problem I see. I do not expect much the current set of people to correct themselves. I don't even care who follows who. To me what makes sense is scholarly reason backed with proof where needed, and only thats what I am able to digest unfortunately. Like we had debates on intercession and I learned a lot and changed my views after studying. Sadly that is rarely the case in threads like these. Instead these seem to only serve as gasoline over fire of sub-sectarianism the shia nation faces today.

14 hours ago, Tawheed313 said:

This isn't just any ordinary individual. It is someone preporting to be a cleric, who represents the shia madhab. If they are openly making statements like this, especially on social media, they need to be called out on.

being part of a hawza as a student doesnt make you immune to being a screw up. I know him better than you do, and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to be both edgy and poetic with regards to Imam Ali (as) but didnt realise firstly what he is saying and secondly the implications. all of us have tried to be edgy as youngsters. I went through a goth phase for example lol. at least with us our cringeworthy past deeds aren't being exposed forever on the internet. 

please understand - I am not a shirazi follower, I am not a brother tawhidi follower, and I am not defending these tweets,

From the old Shia-chat Admin Al-Mufeed:

bro mufeed was right in his viewpoint - anyone who "follows" brother tawhidi in any sense needs their head checking. for a start he is not a fully qualified aalim yet! 

The tweets are only 6 months old.

they aren't - i think they are from 2014, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure this issue is very very old. even bro al mufeeds thread was from 2013! 

as usual, its a dead issue which gets resurrected years after the fact by shiachat. brother tawhidis global influence (lol) grew then popped like a balloon. 

15 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Except for the fact that he has a history of 'calming down', only to say more rubbish a few months later. He also has a history of lying about such posts not being his. More importantly than this however, he has never disowned those comments, whether he was claiming they weren't his, or 'dumb stuff from his youth'. Just because he has better taqiyyah now, it doesn't change what he is, unless he comes out and unambiguously disowns all the kufr he has spewed for years. Even then, he should probably stop wearing a turban, and go and get a job, because he is tainted for life as a 'scholar'.

unfortunately I am personal witness to the part in red. I can only tell the truth. even I was shocked. when the false twitter account was created, myself and several other high-ish profile twitter accounts reached out and contacted him to actually confirm if the rubbish being spouted by the parody account were his words or not. bear in mind we were not his enemies. instead of saying clearly "this is not my words" or "Its a part of my past but I have changed my ways" or something along these lines, he instead gave some wishy washy political answer like only his current account was his official account or something. I was very dissapointed. 

while he was tweeting insults at omar every day, I used to follow him purely for the laughs. I have been suspicious ever since this though. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt because he is a nice guy and we have to give excuses for our fellow shia brothers. 

14 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

TBH I am glad that he has a following and has some who belittle his problems, because it exposes the problems with the community and humanity as a whole. Tawhidi does to us what Trump does to the american electorate. 

Sorry if my words seem a bit harsh but we need to be a bit more honest.

* According to many sources he is/was on medication for his mental problems.

wow, this I did not know. how reliable are the sources?

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

wow, this I did not know. how reliable are the sources?

People studying in hawzah in Qom that I know personally. I know them well enough to trust them. They say that he spoke to them about it.

There are also people on this forum who have studied at the same time as him and they can tell you a few odd things about him.

4 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

People studying in hawzah in Qom that I know personally. I know them well enough to trust them. They say that he spoke to them about it.

There are also people on this forum who have studied at the same time as him and they can tell you a few odd things about him.

fair enough. I hope Allah gives him Shiffa and his new found maturity isn't some weird form of taqiyyah

8 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

What maturity? 

He was at level -100 and now he is at -99?

It's like a student who used to get 0 in the exam and then managed to get 1%.

We need higher standards. He is simply not a good enough human being to represent the Ahlulbayt {s}.

Most of the people on this forum are more mature than him.

I cant really disagree with you. his recent activity such as his open letter and I think he recently wrote something in the huff post didnt seem too bad. maybe he is on the (long) road to decency? maybe its all an act and hes still off his rocker? 

his influence is dwindling day by day though. People arent as dumb as you think, the more active he is, the less people see him as anything other than a source of jokes against the first 3 caliphs and aisha (this is how I see him)

18 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

this is certainly true. much of my hatred towards sayeds khomeini and khamanei in the past was based on my interactions with their lovers

• Basic Members
13 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I cant really disagree with you. his recent activity such as his open letter and I think he recently wrote something in the huff post didnt seem too bad. maybe he is on the (long) road to decency? maybe its all an act and hes still off his rocker? 

his influence is dwindling day by day though. People arent as dumb as you think, the more active he is, the less people see him as anything other than a source of jokes against the first 3 caliphs and aisha (this is how I see him)

dear 12er shia, the vast majority of muslims do not consider insulting any of the khulafa rashidoon (abu bakr, umar, uthman, ali, and al-hassan may Allah be please with them all) a joke. nor do we consider insulting any of the wives of the our beloved prophet muhammed (saw) a joke. these are serious issues, be mindful of them.

• 4 months later...
  • Basic Members

Hi I am interested in learning more about Tawhidi and would like anyone with information about him to message me. In Australia he is now positioning himself as a leader and the country's main spokesman but I am not sure this is what he should be doing. I will keep your responses anonymous.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:37 PM, Haydar Husayn said:

On 11/1/2016 at 10:39 PM, Tawheed313 said:

As if we shia's didnt have enough enemies.

what is wrong with what he said in that article? did I miss something? 

3 hours ago, investigator said:

Hi I am interested in learning more about Tawhidi and would like anyone with information about him to message me. In Australia he is now positioning himself as a leader and the country's main spokesman but I am not sure this is what he should be doing. I will keep your responses anonymous.

get out of here, shill.