Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

"excessive Thinking"

Rate this topic

Ali-Reza

• Advanced Member

Yeh. Thats important point. Following ones fitra is more essential in ibadah to actually get guided to right path rather than over analysing what is best and whats not. By Allah, Fattah. Sharia frames the tahir and batil, may He guide us to right path, and to His pure slaves. ensa Allah.

• Veteran Member

Ive listened to Eckhart, he has some interesting things to say and his story is quite amazing. He talks about how he first had his big transcendant experience when he woke up in a state and thought to himself 'i cant stand myself any more'. Then he realised the duality of that statement, that the 'I' that was having the perspective was observing the 'myself' that he was tired of.

I dont consciously meditate as much as i'd like, but i do try and watch my mind. The key is not to try and clear the mind, if you do this you will just get frustrated, but to observe/witness 'at a distance' like youre watching a phenomena.

• Advanced Member

This is something that I need for sure. I tend to do my OWN head in lol. I hate excessive thinking, I cant seem to stop it though. It's like I NEED to do all that thinking, when actually I'm better off without it. I think my emotions play a big part in this unfortunately..

genius and a nice guy. Thanks

One thing in my life I am trying to accomplish, is to find a balance in life where you are living in peace and harmony. I find it when I am balanced and peaceful, I do everything better; working, praying, worshipping, doing good, etc things.

Sadly today's religions are way out of balance because their leaders are such hence people tend to look outside religion finding spiritual healing and balance in their lives. So spiritual leaders such as such as Eckhort tolle and Deepok Chopra are popping out and if one can filter out some of the things that could contradict Islamic teachings, most of the things they say is rather good and in my humble opinion, if one implements, he or she will be a better person hence a better Muslim.

• Basic Members

Thanks for sharing!!

Just thought I'd share:

There's this lecture series on youtube by Brother Khalil Jaffer called "The End of Negative Suffering" and it puts a bit of an islamic perspective on "the power of now"

Also, check out Robin Sharma on youtube- he's great!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Just thought I'd share:

There's this lecture series on youtube by Brother Khalil Jaffer called "The End of Negative Suffering" and it puts a bit of an islamic perspective on "the power of now"

Also, check out Robin Sharma on youtube- he's great!!

Shukran Eckhart Tolle is some of few "spiritual" guiders I respect because of his respect for Islam specially Sufi Islam. In fact since I looked into Sufism myself before, I pick up a lot of Sufi teachings in what he teaches.

Anyways I wish our scholars put more focus on stuff like this much of Ummah needs it.

• Basic Members

Shukran Eckhart Tolle is some of few "spiritual" guiders I respect because of his respect for Islam specially Sufi Islam. In fact since I looked into Sufism myself before, I pick up a lot of Sufi teachings in what he teaches.

Anyways I wish our scholars put more focus on stuff like this much of Ummah needs it.

No problem. If you watch the series by Brother Khalil Jaffer, he touches upon how for example Imam Ali (as) (don't quote me, I'm recalling from memory) taught people how to breathe for example.

I'm sure there is a lot of direct or indirect things precribed to us to help us gain inner peace (i.e. dhikr) if one were to look for it. And i agree completely- more emphasis needs to be put on the mental health of people

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/31/2013 at 11:47 PM, Ali-Reza said:

Salam Alaikom, what kind of sufi does he respect, and  does he respect our martyrs and Maraje, and know their position! Our Ummah needs reflection and thinking and pondering and lastly may I ask you to present the answer he give to the question of the man! It was like... for, what just happened, wait again how does it make sense, no he is playing with me. At the end nothing happened to me, i was wondering what did i just learn. How he have marifah of himself, just because he did zolm-injustice -, and tolerated some pressure to in  a defected way, show off-there is more people like him -.

If we are not supposed to tell about our sins to people, should we not stop telling about our so called'extra ordinary power -, that make being slave of the devil. Brother even if he loved our Marja, we should not listen to him if he give us these ords, it was really weak, and i like to be more harsh and cutting with smart people if they do mistake. I think you have a standard i talk and tell you straight forward it was not cool.

• Advanced Member
On 3/27/2013 at 6:34 PM, Ali-Reza said:

One thing in my life I am trying to accomplish, is to find a balance in life where you are living in peace and harmony. I find it when I am balanced and peaceful, I do everything better; working, praying, worshipping, doing good, etc things.

Sadly today's religions are way out of balance because their leaders are such hence people tend to look outside religion finding spiritual healing and balance in their lives. So spiritual leaders such as such as Eckhort tolle and Deepok Chopra are popping out and if one can filter out some of the things that could contradict Islamic teachings, most of the things they say is rather good and in my humble opinion, if one implements, he or she will be a better person hence a better Muslim.

Salam Alaikom, oh probably our religion is defective if there is no balance, basically moderate and with other words being in sirtal mostaqim, but how is it possible without recognizing-marifah - of our Religion. IT HAS TO DO WITH TAZKIYA AND IRFAN BUT first be moderate, balance feeling permanent, than if your thirsty Allah will guide you and you will go further and do irfan. First try to see the map in your mind, where you are, how are you going to achieve this balance, how much knowledge in your bag, not the sufi and buddi leftovers of Shaitan. Of course doing Akhlaq and Aqaed, maybe you need some theoretical irfan and so on in your way, and it is okay to read about them little while focusing on Aqaed and Akhlaq to reach balance. Hope this helps, and is beneficial for everyone; anyone please if found fault let me know, humbly your brother in faith.

• Advanced Member
On 3/25/2013 at 0:24 PM, Ruq said:

Ive listened to Eckhart, he has some interesting things to say and his story is quite amazing. He talks about how he first had his big transcendant experience when he woke up in a state and thought to himself 'i cant stand myself any more'. Then he realised the duality of that statement, that the 'I' that was having the perspective was observing the 'myself' that he was tired of.

I dont consciously meditate as much as i'd like, but i do try and watch my mind. The key is not to try and clear the mind, if you do this you will just get frustrated, but to observe/witness 'at a distance' like youre watching a phenomena.

Salam Alaikom, there is not such a thing as duality, if you put spirit in body, we call the living human being nafs or a new creation from nafs, because his/her nafs grows. There is possible unity but based on need and this is called moderate and balance when the need is met. Such need is in us but it is from spirit perspective and body perspective. We can not call body and spirit is our duality because we are not it, we are ourselves and religion want us to be ourselves. This ourselves is called human; in pair female and male. Both is from one nafs but in different bodies and this makes them in need of each other to find peace in family and society. If Allah would not create one of them and only female or male, they would not live and have a healthy life. Imagine how ruined they are for not having ahadith of Ahl al-Bait and our Marja, you may even think that Allah has cursed them, because we have so much they do not have, how come they do not know about Islam and God, if has honesty, no judging, a little bit of intellect, or maybe he is shaitan ins Allah knows best. If we go near these people and continue contact than there is no excuse if they come in our life. Reflection is one need and imagination is another cool need, put them in a mixer or imagine different chemical reactions-try with all possible different ways of combining chemicals -, basically it should became totally something else-not reflection or imagination -, than we try to polish it and make it shine with more ibadah such as reading Quran a lot-you recognize time to read theoretical irfan -, and enjoying it extremely. Probably you can read Ibn Sina basic texts and find such thoughts. Do you use imagination-of course it can be used for both heavenly and for love of this world - for holy things or different, sure it is metaphysical but from animal, because animals have some kind of meta physical side. Everything animalistic does not need to be material or physical but for it. Sleep is the brother of death, but still it is considered something from this material world because it is for body. Just put the equal sign and reflect and sometimes imagine until they come near each other to make piece agreement sign between them - and of course with, prayer in time, reading about religion, specially aqaed otherwise how can you evade Shaitan that is on the straight path waiting for you.

HE SAID; BECAUSE YOU HAVE MISLED ME, I WILL SIT IN AMBUSH FOR THEM IN YOUR STRAIGHT PATH. 16 THEN I WILL COME TO THEM FROM THEIR FRONT, AND FROM THEIR REAR, AND FROM THEIR RIGHTS, AND FROM THEIR LEFTS, SO THAT YOU SHALL NOT FIND MOST OF THEM THANKFULS. 17 HE SAID: `LEAVE HERE DESPISED AND BANISHED. AS FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW YOU - I WILL FILL UP THE HELL WITH YOU ALL. 18 Makarem: http://makarem.ir/quran/?lid=1&view=1#7:12

• Advanced Member

Salam Aalikom, i have to publish this quote it is worth even if i get a warning from dear mods or admins:

The Mukhlasin and Mukhlisin

Shaykh Saleem Bhimji

There is a stark difference between two relatively similar terms: al-Mukhlasin and al-Mukhlisin – and even though there is only one vowel point which makes the pronunciation different, however that one difference radically changes the meaning of the words.

02_AA31.jpg
In his seminal work, Tafsire Namuneh, Ayatullah al-Uzma Shaykh Nasir Makarim Shirazi states that: It must be noted that the word “al-Mukhlas” is the passive participle (al-ism al-maf’ul) and is in the meaning of ‘one who has been made sincere’; while the word “al-Mukhliswhich is the active participle (al-ism al-fa’il) can be rendered as ‘one who is making himself sincere’. By carefully studying the verses of the Qur’an we clearly see that “al-Mukhlis” has been used more often than “al-Mukhlas” and [this word] is used in reference to a person who is at the first of many stages of perfection and on the path of self-building, for example in the verse of the Qur’an which states:

فَإِذَا رَكِبُوا فِي الْفُلْكِ دَعَوُا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ فَلَمَّا نَجَّاهُمْ إِلَى الْبَرِّ إِذَا هُمْ يُشْرِكُونَ
“When they board the ship, they invoke God putting exclusive faith in Him, but when He delivers them to land, behold, they ascribe partners [to Him.]” (Al-Ankabut (29) v. 65)

And also:
ya_karim-other.jpgوَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ حُنَفَاءَ وَيُقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُوا الزَّكَاةَ ۚ وَذَٰلِكَ دِينُ الْقَيِّمَةِ
“Yet they were not commanded except to worship Allah, dedicating their faith to Him as men of pure faith, and to maintain the prayer, and pay the zakat. That is the upright religion.” (Al-Bayyinah (98), v. 5)

However the word “al-Mukhlas” is a higher station which one can only attain after traversing the station of the struggle with the self; and this is the level at which Satan loses all hope of using his influence or whisperings to misguide these individuals; and is that station in which Allah himself guards the person so that no impurity can touch him.

Therefore, the one who is initiating that ‘act of making one sincere’ is Allah Himself, and the one who is ‘receiving the status of being made sincere’ is the human being [who has been bestowed with this lofty status]; and in essence such a person has been granted a level of insurance from Allah.

Therefore we read:
قَالَ رَبِّ بِمَا أَغْوَيْتَنِي لَأُزَيِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَأُغْوِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ
إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ
“He said, ‘My Lord! As You have consigned me [Satan] to perversity, I will surely glamorize [evil] for them on the earth, and I will surely pervert them, except Your exclusive servants among them.’” (Al-Hijr (15), v. 39-40)

• Veteran Member
57 minutes ago, Ali.Isa said:

Salam Alaikom, there is not such a thing as duality, if you put spirit in body, we call the living human being nafs or a new creation from nafs, because his/her nafs grows. There is possible unity but based on need and this is called moderate and balance when the need is met. Such need is in us but it is from spirit perspective and body perspective. We can not call body and spirit is our duality because we are not it, we are ourselves and religion want us to be ourselves. This ourselves is called human; in pair female and male. Both is from one nafs but in different bodies and this makes them in need of each other to find peace in family and society. If Allah would not create one of them and only female or male, they would not live and have a healthy life. Imagine how ruined they are for not having ahadith of Ahl al-Bait and our Marja, you may even think that Allah has cursed them, because we have so much they do not have, how come they do not know about Islam and God, if has honesty, no judging, a little bit of intellect, or maybe he is shaitan ins Allah knows best. If we go near these people and continue contact than there is no excuse if they come in our life.

Wa salam, my understanding is that 'duality' is referring to the partial experience, living with some level of ignorance. So as a human being (consciousness + human body) our experience is by definition a dual one. Why would you need an 'excuse' to have a non-Shia or non-Muslim into your life? the Quran says we are different nations in order to get to know each other (which i take to mean to also get to know ourselves).

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Ruq said:

Wa salam, my understanding is that 'duality' is referring to the partial experience, living with some level of ignorance. So as a human being (consciousness + human body) our experience is by definition a dual one. Why would you need an 'excuse' to have a non-Shia or non-Muslim into your life? the Quran says we are different nations in order to get to know each other (which i take to mean to also get to know ourselves).

Good explanation, but may i ask what you mean with 'partial experience, living with some level of ignorance.' and our experience is by definition a dual one' how please explain more why dual experience. Just asking so i can be able to write better. I do recommend that you write, please.

I mean those that offer mystical weird guidance, to make you have so called peace and being balance and suffer oneself to example do 'psychokinesis' and not generally knowing people and their culture and so on. We should not use their books when we have so many good books better than them, it just not make sense, there is something called kabala and all so called other 'sufis/buddi' are near it, it is like someone is guiding them to concentrate on muslim youths particularly, anyways there is no problem to visit other people that do not intent to hurt us of course.

Edited by Ali.Isa