Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Hijab Just For Shia ?

Rate this topic

AntiSatan

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Helloeverybody

Forgive me for this question but where i live (Iran) most of people wear Hijab and most of our people are Shia .

I saw some website that was for Sunnis , most of the girls were there didnt had any Hijab,or they didnt wear Scarf ?!

If anybody knows why Some Sunnis dont wear Hijab please explain to me?Is that for their FIgh or ...?

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hi

I know that.

you didnt catch my question ...

I read Holy Quran and Quran saying that every woman should wear Hijab?

In shia we have Hijab in our FIgh but

sunnis people should wear Hijab of their Figh or not?

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah

Hi

I know that.

you didnt catch my question ...

I read Holy Quran and Quran saying that every woman should wear Hijab?

In shia we have Hijab in our FIgh but

sunnis people should wear Hijab of their Figh or not?

Yes, they too believe it's compulsary.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Hijab is wajib in Judaism, Christianity ,and Islam

Its written in the torah, the bible and the quran to cover your hair as a sign of modesty.

I can bring you evidence . It is true that Shia's emphasize a lot on wearing it . Alhamdulilah.. But I also know some Sunni girls who wear it .

(Sunnism is not the right path, that's why they take their faith very lightly)

• Advanced Member

There are both shia and sunni women who do not wear it, but you do tend to find that more sunni women do not wear it.

I know many pakistani sunni's who wear the hijab but think they can take it off on special occasions etc. maybe they do not see the significance of hijab as much as shia scholars stress about it.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Hijab is wajib in Judaism, Christianity ,and Islam

Its written in the torah, the bible and the quran to cover your hair as a sign of modesty.

I can bring you evidence . It is true that Shia's emphasize a lot on wearing it . Alhamdulilah.. But I also know some Sunni girls who wear it .

Off topic, but it makes me laught when I see some Christians attacking the hijab and Islam's dress code, what do they think the Virgin Mary used to wear?

• Advanced Member

There are both shia and sunni women who do not wear it, but you do tend to find that more sunni women do not wear it.

I know many pakistani sunni's who wear the hijab but think they can take it off on special occasions etc. maybe they do not see the significance of hijab as much as shia scholars stress about it.

Even shia women here dont wear it.

• Advanced Member

Are you serious? Sunni's do not take their faith seriously BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PATH?!

I am amazed at the sheer close mindedness of your writing, my friend. I'm a shia like you but dear God I don't claim to know everything. Have you considered the possibility that you're wrong? Have you realized that your certainty with your religion is exactly how certain a sunni person could be, or hell even a christian.

The one thing i'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.

• Veteran Member

Are you serious? Sunni's do not take their faith seriously BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PATH?!

Exactly . If a sunni was a good Muslim .. he would become shi3i.

(if he was a good Muslim, he would obviously read pure history and the Khalifa times. and therefore become a true Muslim)

He would also note the fact that Fatima Alzahra got her rib broken by Abu Bakr, and that's when her Hijab played a major role

The one thing i'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.

You're indirectly doubting your faith here.

I am amazed at the sheer close mindedness of your writing, my friend. I'm a shia like you but dear God I don't claim to know everything. Have you considered the possibility that you're wrong? Have you realized that your certainty with your religion is exactly how certain a sunni person could be, or hell even a christian.

Being from the Muslim faith is different than being a christian . Nevertheless, we all follow the same monotheisitc religion .

& no, I have never considered that I'm wrong , because I believe in all the books that came before Islam, like I mentioned earlier in my post .. and like it is written in the Holy quran

now, If you want to have a civilized discussion, you must stop calling me closed-minded. Will you :P

Edited by -Enlightened

• Veteran Member

(if he was a good Muslim, he would obviously read pure history and the Khalifa times. and therefore become a true Muslim)

(wasalam) sis,

I understand where you're coming from but I think we should be careful about making very general statements such as 'Sunnis take their faith very lightly' and implying that none are good Muslims. I imagine there are many Sunnis who are very devout in their faith but maybe they have only been exposed to the wrong history, or they have seen or read things that prevent them from understanding true Islam. I've known many people who were Sunnis for many many years before they finally understood about being a Shia. And I know some who are still struggling with the differences and with what is true and what isn't. It takes time sometimes, so the least we can do is be sensitive, you just never know what's in someone's heart.

But you are probably right in a lot of cases, they may simply not be very 'good' Muslims. Allah knows best.

Sorry for butting into your conversation btw.

• Advanced Member

He would also note the fact that Fatima Alzahra got her rib broken by Abu Bakr, and that's when her Hijab played a major role

You're indirectly doubting your faith here.

Being from the Muslim faith is different than being a christian . Nevertheless, we all follow the same monotheisitc religion .

& no, I have never considered that I'm wrong , because I believe in all the books that came before Islam, like I mentioned earlier in my post .. and like it is written in the Holy quran

now, If you want to have a civilized discussion, you must stop calling me closed-minded. Will you :P

I am of the opinion that a good amount of doubt is healthy. I do not have absolute certainty nor do I think that anybody can except for those with divine knowledge. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but I still think you are extremely close minded given your previous comment.

• 3 months later...