Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Parto

Nowrooz Mubarak!

Rate this topic

Guest sumaya

Salam!! Nowrooz Mubarak ba'aad, bar hameh baradaraneh va khaharaneh Azizam!! salno mobarak !! ^_^

هر روزتان نوروز . نوروزتان پیروز

از پشت پرده های روان بخش روزگار

خوش می دهد طلیعه سر سبز نو بهار

می خواهم ای عزیز

از لطف کردگار

در یکهزار و سیصد و هشتاد و هشت نیز

باشید برقرار

*^_^*

norooz.jpg

I didn't get what is its meaning, but anyway, I posted this topic for persians, so I simply ignore those who have problem with Nowrooz.

Persians...Pars...Fars...Farsis...Parsis...Zoroastrians...that's where it comes from, therein lies the link.

No worries though; I have no problem with Parsi New Year and its cultural celebration therefore by contemporary Iranians and others. So Happy Nawroooooz!

Happy New year my fellow Persians and all those celebrating it!

For more info on Nowrooz, check out the Nowrooz thread I made a few years ago: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234974987-nowruz/

My Haftseen table....

39308_10151567396440775_56133901_n.jpg

Sis,

GET RID OF the PRE 1979 FLAG :mad:

Yeah kinda knew someone who comment on it. Nowrooz is a non Islamic tradition and the flag is an old Persian symbol, that's it. Don't need people reading too much into it. I put the current Iranian flag on my table last year...not that it matters.

Another reason why I like Islam. People could preserve their cultural traditions so as long as it didn't contradict the fundamental teachings of Islam. Celebrating Allah's beautiful season and thanking him for all the blessing and guidance.

I don't put up a 7sin but my mom does and it has no flag :)

7sin.jpg

Happy nowrooz then...these table decorations are intriguing... whats the significance of the black doll? and are those easter eggs?

The easter egg come from Persian culture ;)

In fact much of Christianity practices come from Persian and Greeks ancient religion.

Good thing in Islam is that we don't mix that up with Islam.

Edited by Ali-Reza

The easter egg come from Persian culture ;)

In fact much of Christianity practices come from Persian and Greeks ancient religion.

Good thing in Islam is that we don't mix that up with Islam.

Are the eggs just a symbol for 'new beginnings', or is there more to it? and does the red apple symbolise anything in particular, or is it just any produce of the season that is placed on the table?

Happy nowrooz then...these table decorations are intriguing... whats the significance of the black doll? and are those easter eggs?

I read somewhere that the black man was a Zoroastrian fire keeper so his face would get black from the coal lol

Are the eggs just a symbol for 'new beginnings', or is there more to it? and does the red apple symbolise anything in particular, or is it just any produce of the season that is placed on the table?

Check out post #4 http://www.shiachat....4974987-nowruz/

Nowruz is the start of spring so that is when our year starts... on Nowruz we set a table with 7 symbols starting with the letter 'S' . This is called the ' Haft Seen' table.

1. sabzeh(سبزه) - wheat, barley or lentil sprouts growing in a dish - symbolizing rebirth

2. samanu (سمنو)- a sweet pudding made from wheat germ - symbolizing affluence

3. senjed (سنجد)- the dried fruit of the oleaster tree - symbolizing love

4. sîr (سیر)- garlic - symbolizing medicine

5. sîb (سیب)- apples - symbolizing beauty and health

6. somaq (سماق)- sumac berries - symbolizing (the colour of) sunrise

7. serkeh (سرکه)- vinegar - symbolizing age and patience

Edited by DoubleAgent4