Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rabbit/bunny

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Selamun aleykum

im not so good in english so i dont no the difrence between a rabbit or a bunny :donno: i can look it up but its not so important ,

we alevi`s dont eat rabbit meat and i heard that shia`s dont eat it either ,

my asked my self why this is and i hope that someone can answer that

• Advanced Member

Sallam Alykum, browsing some topics here are reasons why it is harmam:

• they eat their own droppings
  • females menstruate (not sure if true)
  • has claws

waAlaikum Salam,

They say you learn something new every day ! I never knew rabbits ate their own droppings :huh: .

Yusuf Ali

that means I have a lot of rats in my yard I see wild rabbits and their hundreds of babies all the time

Nevermind...I was just browsing google and found this. It seems what I was taught in school about rabbits being a rodent could be wrong.

http://articles.philly.com/1996-01-25/news/25653114_1_rabbits-rodents-monkey

What they found was that there were far more protein matches between rabbits and primates than rabbits and rodents. There were even more matches between rabbits and tree shrews.

no big deal they're harmless anyways unless you're a gardener, if I have as many this year as I did last year I wont even have to mow my yard

Too too bad they aren't edible LOL

You could have some nice BBQ's this summer

• Veteran Member

:donno: i dont understand your hatred towards rabbits...

I think she is joking.

222644_511742175534423_112482996_n.jpg

This is one of the most cute pictures I have ever seen! Sometimes I think God is very skillful at making such cute lovely creatures! Edited by shadow_of_light
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

^What?

so its haram cuz its menstruate ? i heard something before like that , but sunni`s say that the prophet muhammed peace be upon him ate rabbit him self ?

That's not true. Rabbits don't menstruate, they go through heat only when males are around...they don't physically bleed though.

Anyways a while ago I read that rabbit meat is bad for you because it draws vitamins out of your body, so who knows.

^What?

That's not true. Rabbits don't menstruate, they go through heat only when males are around...they don't physically bleed though.

Anyways a while ago I read that rabbit meat is bad for you because it draws vitamins out of your body, so who knows.

I watch this survivalist show and they were discussing rabbit meat, supposedly the meat is too lean, we need some sort of at in the food to absorb the nutrients correctly. Off topic but that is another reason that it is beneficial to put a bit of olive oil or sunflower oil on vegetables and salads.

Edited by ImAli