Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
-Enlightened

Shiamatch Experience

Rate this topic

(salam)

Before anyone starts thinking that I'm looking for a spouse , it is for my friend .

I decided to create a profile on ShiaMatch for my friend who lives in a place where there aren't many Shia People

This site is amazing. Really, there shouldn't be a reason why anyone is single right now (anyone who is seeking a spouse..)

First, you can view any profile you want without registering . Profiles are public but pictures aren't. There are general information such as country of residence, age, education and country of origin .

Secondly, you register and make your own profile. You don't need to add a picture. You must write accurate stuff because at the end, they make you swear by the Quran ,by checking a box.

I created the profile for my friend and the day after, I already received 3 requests. All educated men from across the globe .

Requests continue to come, one after another . You can either reject or accept a request. If you accept it, they will give you an email address where you could contact the person and if you reject them, then nothing happens .

ladies, the cost is free for you. Especially if you live outside America and europe.

Men living in America and Europe must pay, I don't know how much exactly.. but it shouldn't be a lot.

I just wanted to share this ''experience'' with you all . I highly recommend this site. My friend is getting to know those people through email i think .

Edited by -Enlightened

ShiaMatch ........

:lol:

(salam)

You can chose to laugh at it .. but the creator of that site is receiving a lot of rewards from Allah ,as he is helping a lot of people in the halal way . One of them is my friend.

Edited by -Enlightened

Yeah I guess it's some kind of creeper prevention system, although any creeper with [X] dollars can join so it's not much of a prevention.

Wow. I'm completely offended by ShiaMatch. If that isn't sexist, I don't know what the hell is.

I personally know many success stories out of SM. I've also heard of some gullible people being hurt on SM but that again those who did not do proper research afterwards. SM is not a research tool or a background checker, it is a medium to connect the two people (and two families) to explore further, just like your typical auntie looking for finding the free match for everybody :)

OP- you didn't need the disclaimer in bold red, no need to be so shy even if you are looking to get married - wink wink

I've looked at these marriage sites in the past mainly because my community is small and based on one culture so the chances of a white convert who isn't worth 50 million dollars getting married here is unlikely and I've talked to a couple of people and honestly I just end up finding more people who add me to facebook and flood my feed with political garbage that I cant read because its all in Arabic,farsi,Urdu or whatever language so that's been my experience

Ok did you really have to creepify your post with that last part and the wink wink? It was perfect up until then.

lol @ creepify :lol:

My parents dont let me go on Shiamatch, as I'm not ready for marriage....but they let me go on SM for my friend.. ^_^

I personally know many success stories out of SM. I've also heard of some gullible people being hurt on SM but that again those who did not do proper research afterwards. SM is not a research tool or a background checker, it is a medium to connect the two people (and two families) to explore further, just like your typical auntie looking for finding the free match for everybody :)

agreed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Edited by Naz_

lol @ creepify :lol:

My parents dont let me go on Shiamatch, as I'm not ready for marriage....but they let me go on SM for my friend.. ^_^

agreed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

If I had a daughter, I wouldn't have allowed her to go on matching websites.

Edited by Naz_

(salam)

By the way,I just wanted to thank the Moderators for marking this topic as a 'Hot Topic'

Thank you

:D

Shiamatch is a good tool for people looking for a spouse, but you have to be careful.

I would say stick to profiles of the people in the same area where you live (area depends on your ability to travel to the other location)

The marriage process will require you to visit that person face to face, probably many times.

If that person is in another area where it is difficult for you to visit frequently, there is a high probability that you are just wasting your time

talk to them, and also it is much easier for someone in another area or another country to 'cover up' things about themselves that they wouldn't want you

(as a potential spouse) to know.

Also, there are documented cases that I know of personally, of scum bags who call themselves shia using these sites to lure young girls in order to exploit them. These predators usually have the best sounding profiles and sometimes (unfortunately) come from Sayyid families and are good looking and have some financial resources. They usually target young, naive girls who come from households where the father isn't around or where the father is abusive toward the family and the young sister is looking for a way to get out of her troubled home situation. Any guy who invites you to go somewhere alone with him before your family is involved in the marriage is probably a predator. Be careful. Don't assume that because a guy is Sayyid and comes from a good family that he is not a predator.

If you want to know something really sad and unfortunate, one of these scum bag predators who I know of is the brother of a mumin Sayyid alim here in the U.S. This predator uses the name of his brother and his family in order to find young girls to exploit. What I mean by exploit, is that he takes their virginity, then drives away, leaving them stranded in a motel, restaurant, or somewhere else away from their home. Although his brother, the alim, has denounced his brother publically for his actions, this predator continues to troll marriage sites and is still operating, to my knowledge. He was even on ShiaChat for a while before we found out who he was and banned him. What is so unfortunate and sad is that this has affected the reputation of his brother, the alim, and the family although these are good, sincere muslims who work for muslim charities and are involved in serious dawa work here in the U.S.

The brothers who runs Shiamatch and the team seem like good, sincere muslims. When they are informed of predators on the site, they ban/ remove them. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the Internet, it is very easy for these predators to come on again and assume a new identity (this happens alot on ShiaChat also, by the way).

Like was said above, ShiaMatch does not do background checks on those who post profiles. If they did, the membership fees would probably be many hundreds of dollars per month (and then people would complain about that, lol, or there wouldn't be many profiles to look at)

That is up to the users of the site. It is a very bad idea not to do it. If you don't have the ability to do the investigation, then don't think of this profile as a potential marriage partner.

I enjoyed every word in your post Abu Hadi

Thank you . I will let my friend know about those bad people and tell her to be careful

Edited by -Enlightened

Shiamatch is a good tool for people looking for a spouse, but you have to be careful.

I would say stick to profiles of the people in the same area where you live (area depends on your ability to travel to the other location)

The marriage process will require you to visit that person face to face, probably many times.

If that person is in another area where it is difficult for you to visit frequently, there is a high probability that you are just wasting your time

talk to them, and also it is much easier for someone in another area or another country to 'cover up' things about themselves that they wouldn't want you

(as a potential spouse) to know.

Also, there are documented cases that I know of personally, of scum bags who call themselves shia using these sites to lure young girls in order to exploit them. These predators usually have the best sounding profiles and sometimes (unfortunately) come from Sayyid families and are good looking and have some financial resources. They usually target young, naive girls who come from households where the father isn't around or where the father is abusive toward the family and the young sister is looking for a way to get out of her troubled home situation. Any guy who invites you to go somewhere alone with him before your family is involved in the marriage is probably a predator. Be careful. Don't assume that because a guy is Sayyid and comes from a good family that he is not a predator.

If you want to know something really sad and unfortunate, one of these scum bag predators who I know of is the brother of a mumin Sayyid alim here in the U.S. This predator uses the name of his brother and his family in order to find young girls to exploit. What I mean by exploit, is that he takes their virginity, then drives away, leaving them stranded in a motel, restaurant, or somewhere else away from their home. Although his brother, the alim, has denounced his brother publically for his actions, this predator continues to troll marriage sites and is still operating, to my knowledge. He was even on ShiaChat for a while before we found out who he was and banned him. What is so unfortunate and sad is that this has affected the reputation of his brother, the alim, and the family although these are good, sincere muslims who work for muslim charities and are involved in serious dawa work here in the U.S.

The brothers who runs Shiamatch and the team seem like good, sincere muslims. When they are informed of predators on the site, they ban/ remove them. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the Internet, it is very easy for these predators to come on again and assume a new identity (this happens alot on ShiaChat also, by the way).

Like was said above, ShiaMatch does not do background checks on those who post profiles. If they did, the membership fees would probably be many hundreds of dollars per month (and then people would complain about that, lol, or there wouldn't be many profiles to look at)

That is up to the users of the site. It is a very bad idea not to do it. If you don't have the ability to do the investigation, then don't think of this profile as a potential marriage partner.

There's certain monsters out there that just have a radar for damaged or emotionally fragile or insecure young women who have not or do not have a positive father figure, who do not have a father that gives them enough loving attention. They sense that, and then slither in and give this sort of positive attention as a tactic to attract them to himself. It's like pure evil .. like doling out water or food to someone dying of thirst or hunger, but merely as a means of manipulation to get sex.

Animals like this are broken machines beyond the point of repair. They need to be disassembled and sent back to the manufacturer. There's really no other way around it.