peace seeker

Role Of Hope In Faith

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to start a topic concerning what i believe to be of very big importance, while generally an underrated issue. Namely Hope.

When people think of Iman, of Faith, or Belief, they rarely think of the word Hope. In English we often say "have faith in me!". When we marry a person, that's when it's most important actually. We realize how important it is that the person believes in us, has faith in us, and hope that we are better for the partner than the other 6 billion people on earth.

The reason why i am writing this in dedication to the Imam Mahdi section, is because i hope to increase people's hope and faith in the emergence ( justice and victory of Allah ) as much as possible. In 2012 this Imam Mahdi (af) Forum was bubbling with hope and comments, most probably because of the 21.12.2012 - linked hope. It is sad to see how people are now slacking back and not comparing this life with what is promised for us to come anymore :(

At the same time in a way it's a positive thing, because it is promised to us in a time when everybody lost hope in the reappearance, and now in ShiaChat i see also a demotivation.

So i decided to compile a couple of random texts talking about hope, in the hope of stimulating your hope, and hence your faith, God-willing.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. - Bible Hebrews 11:1

"O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up

hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve." - Quran 12:87

Hope is the physician of misery - Irish Proverb

Hope is a waking dream - Aristotle

He is the wisest and the most knowing man who advises people not to lose hope and faith in the Mercy of Allah and not to be too sure and over-confident of immunity from His Wrath and Punishment. - Imam Ali

What is poverty? "being covetous and hopeless." - Imam Hussein

I don't expect many replies to this Topic, but hope that we can all have more hope in the emergence of the final Victory of Allah swt in our lifetimes, even if it doesn't end up being in our lives.

(wasalam)

Edited by peace seeker

(bismillah)
(wasalam)

Imam Ali AS said, "Do not give up hope if the answer to your request is slow in coming, for surely what you receive depends on the strength of your request."

We hope that Allah SWT accepts this supplication in relation to us:

أَللٌّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي مِنْ أَعْوَانِهِ وَ أَنْصَارِهِ وَ أَتْـَاعِهِ وَ شِيعَتِهِ وَ الْمُجَاهِدِينَ بَيْنَ يَدَيهِ.

“O' Allah! Place me from amongst his helpers, assistants, followers and supporters and of those who fight in his ranks.” !

http://www.al-islam.org/ethical-discourses-vol1/7.htm

Also keep in mind that the importance of salawat is because Shia actually pray for their Imam.

Saying Allahum sali ala Muhamad wa ala aali Muhamad, literally is literally saying God, do so-and-so to Muhamad and his progeny.

So instead of praying to the Imams, focus on praying for them. And hopefully soon God will answer your prayers in sha Allah :)