Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Liggel

Karachi: Two Blasts In Shia Area Kill More Than 40

Rate this topic

KARACHI: Two explosions have occurred near Karachi’s Abul Hassan Isphahani Road, DawnNews reported.

At least 38 people have been killed and several others injured as a result. The dead and injured have been rushed to local hospitals.

One explosion happened outside a Shia mosque in Abbas Town.

Police official Azhar Iqbal says a bomb exploded as people were leaving evening prayers, AP reported.

One of the blasts hit close to an area dominated by Shia Muslims, senior police official Ghulam Shabir Sheikh told AFP.

“Women and children were among the dead and injured,” Fayaz Laghari, police chief of Sindh province told AFP.

A cloud of smoke was witnessed from the site of the incident. The blasts were heard from far distances.

Reports said that nearby flats have caught fire or have been destroyed due to the severity of the blasts. Several shops have also been seriously damaged by the explosions.

“The explosion was so massive it jolted the entire area,” said an eyewitness Ali. “Two flats and nearby shops caught fire after the explosion and balconies of various buildings collapsed.”

Another witness said women and children who were shopping nearby were wounded, Reuters reported.

Electricity in the area has disappeared, reports said.

Windows in the area have also been shattered. Police and rangers have also cordoned off the area.

Rescue services have rushed to the site of the blasts.

Condemnation of blasts

Political and religious leaders have strongly condemned the blasts in Abbas Town.

President Asif Zardari, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, Chief Minister Sindh Qaim Ali Shah, Governor Sindh Ishratul Ibad have all condemned the blasts.

MQM chief Altaf Hussain, ANP chief Asfandyar Wali, PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif and Sunni Tehrik chief Sarwat Ejaz Qadri have also issued condemnations.

President Zardari telephoned CM Sindh Qaim Ali Shah and announced compensation of Rs15 lakhs for relatives of the dead and Rs10 lakhs for the injured.

The president along with PM Raja Pervez Ashraf have called upon Interior Minister Rehman Malik to submit a report to them on the incident.

Governor Sindh Ishratul Ibad has directed authorities to provide all necessary requirements for the injured.

The Jafaria Alliance have called for a strike tomorrow in protest over the blasts.

The MQM has announced a day of mourning. The Majlis-e-Wahdat Muslimeen (MWM) has also called for a mourning period.

Shops and businesses in Karachi will also be shut tomorrow along with private schools.

Tomorrow again dharna in sindh and a new blast killing many will be heard in a next 10 days, rise up Shias fight back what you people has got wight his dharnas? They are killing you more and more, kill them before they kill you all rise up please rise up.

There was recently a shia cleric who said after the quetta blast, that if one more blast happens then all the matters shall

be taken into our hands.. which means, Sipah-e-Mehdi will come out from the shadows (Y) Ready to kick some serious wahabi

A** :dry: ...

Edited by king-s18

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ)

.....what I dont get is that Pakistani Shias are always such hardcore supporters of Iran and Hezb.....but where is the return support (even if just moral/verbal backing)? Iran is always so busy bending over to help the Wahhabi dogs in Palestine and screaming this and that on "Quds Day," but has not done anything to help the Shias in Pakistan. Shias worldwide need to unite as one or slowly and systematically face annihilation.

Edited by Zulfiqar786

[4:75] How should ye not fight for the cause of Allah and of the feeble among men and of the women and the children who are crying: Our Lord! Bring us forth from out this town of which the people are oppressors! Oh, give us from thy presence some protecting friend! Oh, give us from Thy presence some defender!

Edited by abbas110

What do you mean how do you fight back? Buy a gun and get your neighborhood in pakistan together with weapons and go kill sipah e sahaba im sure it cannt be that hard... I dont know. Maybe that sounds stupid but how do all these other groups and people do it?

Edited by religion of logic

Yes it is very strange that Iran is so quiet on this matter.

Corrupt Zardari is responsible. He is one STUBBORN mule. He INSULTED the SUPREME court to the HILT - which in Pakistan is the closest to the VELAYAT-E-FAQIH.

FOUR relatives of Shehla Raza have died and the CIRCLE has COMPLETED.

Musharraf still had some terror on the Americans and they did not dare, nor did India dare to do all this during Musharraf time.

Baluchistan, the situation was ignited during Musharraf time using the RAPE of a LADY DOCTOR.

I urge people NOT to speculate because, DO NOT SPREAD RUMORS.

Do not point fingers WITHOUT, PROOF.

What do you mean how do you fight back? Buy a gun and get your neighborhood in pakistan together with weapons and go kill sipah e sahaba im sure it cannt be that hard... I dont know. Maybe that sounds stupid but how do all these other groups and people do it?

It's not as simple as you portray. You ask how other groups did it....well for starters all of them (Hezb) included had MAJOR funding, training, weapons, etc. from Iran. Now of course, Hezb proved themselves worthy and lived up to the task. Don't misunderstand my statements, I am a big fan and advocate of Ahmedinejad, Iran, and the Iranian people - some of the most ethical loyal folks. BUT Iran made the decision to establish itself as the model for islamic revolution and power for the rest of the world. They decided to embark on that road - and now must follow through it. Honestly, the more they blindly support Palestine but don't even lift a finger for the Shias in Pakistan or Bahrain, it seems more and more a political game rather than a true Shia/Islamic revivalist movement (which genuinely saddens me). If they had isolated themselves like Japan and simply stuck to their own internal, iranian affairs I could excuse their absence.

Pakistan is literally a country of utter CHAOS - you can't just go kill sipah e sahaba as it is not just one person, but entrenched into every level of Paksitani society and gov't even to the highest levels. This sectarian strife was never an Issue in Pakistan 30yrs ago and Sunni/Shiite used to get along very well and intermarry and everything - this has all happened after General Zia and the exportation of Saudi funded Wahhabism. What Pakistan really needs is some true leadership who can revive those ties between shias and the mainstream Sunnis who are against this senseless killing to provide protection for its citizens.

It is sunnah of Imam Ali (as) to get martyred in a mosque. The Prophet (pbuh) got martyred of poison. The other Imams (as) got poisoned, slain, all martyred. Allah loves such sacrifices and saves the afterlife for the oppressed and this world for the oppressors. It is His way. It has always been thus and shall be until the Judgment day. As for the martyrs their ranks and positions if people could know are enviable beyond understanding. They have succeeded with flying colors. As Imam Ali (as) said after he got struck: "Wallah I have succeeded." And "It is as if a thirsty wandering in the desert finally found a stream of cool and sweet water". This is our religion. This is Hussainiyat. Such fitna have been forewarned about. The enemy wants Shia of Pakistan to "rise" up, because it benefits them. As for death and the hereafter its going to come to all of us two legged beings. We should win this with patience, not with equal and opposite bloodshed as the enemy wants if we're true Shia. You will see that soon they will be disappointed and will start against some other group that may "rise" and complete their objective. Shia have always been murdered en masse since 1400 years, this is the reason we are a minority in numbers. This is the price, tolerance and patience.

Shehzad Chaudhry, the Vice Chief Air Marshal Retd. has done a great analysis of the causes in this video.

http://www.zemtv.com/2013/03/03/takrar-on-express-news-karachi-laho-laho-3rd-march-2013/

Shehzad Chaudhry, the Vice Chief Air Marshal Retd. has done a great analysis of the causes in this video.

http://www.zemtv.com/2013/03/03/takrar-on-express-news-karachi-laho-laho-3rd-march-2013/

MQM is also responsible with the PPP

This is just heartbreaking.

i think if any pakistani shia still have any hope that our Army,intelligence and Law enforcement agencies will protect and secure its citizens then my brothers and sisters this is just pure madness.

This bloodshed will go on and on unless shias do something themselves.

This country is like a jungle,live like a lion if you want to survive.

They have killed us in majalis,rallies,juloos and now in our own homes,clinics and bazars.

Zulfiqar786, very well said...and well worded.

Jazaks bro...just trying to say it like I see it.

It is sunnah of Imam Ali (as) to get martyred in a mosque. The Prophet (pbuh) got martyred of poison. The other Imams (as) got poisoned, slain, all martyred. Allah loves such sacrifices and saves the afterlife for the oppressed and this world for the oppressors. It is His way. It has always been thus and shall be until the Judgment day. As for the martyrs their ranks and positions if people could know are enviable beyond understanding. They have succeeded with flying colors. As Imam Ali (as) said after he got struck: "Wallah I have succeeded." And "It is as if a thirsty wandering in the desert finally found a stream of cool and sweet water". This is our religion. This is Hussainiyat. Such fitna have been forewarned about. The enemy wants Shia of Pakistan to "rise" up, because it benefits them. As for death and the hereafter its going to come to all of us two legged beings. We should win this with patience, not with equal and opposite bloodshed as the enemy wants if we're true Shia. You will see that soon they will be disappointed and will start against some other group that may "rise" and complete their objective. Shia have always been murdered en masse since 1400 years, this is the reason we are a minority in numbers. This is the price, tolerance and patience.

Bro, though I understand what you are trying to say about "turn the other cheek," that is not and will never be the solution in Pakistan. Over the years, I have realized that (for the most part) Wahabbis are not like you and I or any other rationale human being - they are literally like uneducated dogs that will keep killing and barking until everyone is dead. And I would 100% disagree with you that our leaders taught us to sit idle and do nothing. What was the stand of Imam Hussain (ra) if not one of the GREATEST examples of standing up against tyranny. No one is saying eye for an eye or that because they bomb or murder civilians that Pakistani Shias should do the same in return. NO, pakistani shias need to quit squabbling amongst themselves and unite and then address these terrorists in a civilized and ethical manner that punishes those responsible (never innocent civilians on either side).

I will fully admit that this is all easy for me to say having been born and living comfortably in the US, but having family in Karachi and visited many times, it boils my blood.

It's time to organize and rise up:

Rise up....yes....but how?

How does an ordinary shia man of Pakistan rise up?

Nobody has an answer to this.

WHat but how? Kill them attack their gathering places wage up a war

Let it be riots or anything you people are getting butcher like a goat till when you will tolerate this? Daily Shia killing news it's good to cry one day then crying everyday wage up a war kill that lanatis.

This is just heartbreaking.

i think if any pakistani shia still have any hope that our Army,intelligence and Law enforcement agencies will protect and secure its citizens then my brothers and sisters this is just pure madness.

This bloodshed will go on and on unless shias do something themselves.

This country is like a jungle,live like a lion if you want to survive.

They have killed us in majalis,rallies,juloos and now in our own homes,clinics and bazars.

That day is not too far when they will kill you people in your home infront of your family god forbid but Shias need to wake up kill ever suspect you think of sSp go to jail atleast people will be safe there more then your home.

Hezbollah was created in tough times to fight off the Isreals. Now the Shias in Pakistan are in tough times and when we rise it will be a strong group. A dignified group of fighters who only attack those responsible.

Its time to rise up. We are fighting for an honorable cause. These terrorist murder innocent women and children. Die a dignified death. Die an honorable death. Rise up and we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Rise to the challenge as our brothers had done in Lebanon

Edited by pakistanyar

Hezbollah was created in tough times to fight off the Isreals. Now the Shias in Pakistan are in tough times and when we rise it will be a strong group. A dignified group of fighters who only attack those responsible.

Its time to rise up. We are fighting for an honorable cause. These terrorist murder innocent women and children. Die a dignified death. Die an honorable death. Rise up and we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Rise to the challenge as our brothers had done in Lebanon

my dear friend... i completely agree, there is no other way no but to die fighting.

It is very easy to say that shias should rise up. But in reality, without any leadership, guidance, financial and tactical support, there is not going to be any shia uprising. Pakistani shias are not organized or even unified. Without this, practically speaking there will be no headway.

My question to you remains...everyone desires that shias should fight back, but there is no one out there to guide the shias how to form a militant armed group that can pinpoint anti-shia targets.

I,am all for the Shia community to help the Shias in Pakistan however lets be realistic Iran just signed a gas deal with Pakistan you really think there going to jeopardize that to suport shias in Pakistan who first are divided second probally don,t want the help lastly how successful do you think a rise to arms would be.

Over the years, I have realized that (for the most part) Wahabbis are not like you and I or any other rationale human being - they are literally like uneducated dogs that will keep killing and barking until everyone is dead.

Brother, to blindly label any group and hate it is wrong. There are good and bad people in all groups and religions. More on this later.

And I would 100% disagree with you that our leaders taught us to sit idle and do nothing. What was the stand of Imam Hussain (ra) if not one of the GREATEST examples of standing up against tyranny.

It was for Allah's religion. There were tyrants even before Yazid.

No one is saying eye for an eye or that because they bomb or murder civilians that Pakistani Shias should do the same in return. NO, pakistani shias need to quit squabbling amongst themselves and unite and then address these terrorists in a civilized and ethical manner that punishes those responsible (never innocent civilians on either side).

This isn't going to happen. A hell lot more innocents will die in what you're asking for. The opportunists will kill their enemies too and blame it on the war. Neighbors will rob neighbors and blame it on the war. War is like that, it never changes. The bad Shias among us will loot, rape and pillage. We have abundance of leaders, believe me, but we do not have a just leader which is needed for jihad and specifically for the stated reason so that there is minimal excess.

If we truly believe in Allah we should be patient and wait for the return of the Imam Mahdi, which is inshaAllah astonishingly near. These sad events were foretold to happen. These have been happening since 1400 years. Every believer's blood boils with rage. But we should be patient. Or else the stage is already set and the fake leaders are already war mongering. These fake leaders I talk about are the very same mullahs who have been on CIA payroll to divide Shias on the fake problem of kalma-e-salasa recently. I see them now, the whole group, perching on the same stick while singing a new song. At least do not rise behind these indigenous mullahs. I would wait for the Imam. Or, if nothing else, make surgical strikes on your own. Assassinate the seditious leaders on their side. Speaking of which, what if you find out that our chief of army staff, president, the US, everyone want this? They are doing this right after Iran-Pak gas pipeline construction starts and Pak gives Gwadar base and another port near it to China and Iran.

Something has to be done. I think Pakistan will collapse in a few years. I think we Shia need to unite under a secular platform and call for a Pakistan where all people are given equal rights. This includes Shia, Sunnis, Ahmadis, Hindus and Christians. If India can do it why cant we? The current nature of the Pakistani state needs to change. Discrimination based on religion is destroying this society. Everyone has identity politics and supremasicm on their mind and this is tearing the country apart.

And I think our alims are leading us like sheep towards slaughter, they always say there is no sectarianism, its all a conspiracy. We all know thats wrong. We all know who is doing the killing. We already know the enemy, its isnt the american or Israel, its the Takfiris. I think people need to go out there an kill those terrorist madressa brutes. Plus I think the time for political correctness is over, whenever we Shia hear the majority spouting their conspiracy garbage and false narratives or slandering us we should walk upto them and challenge their idiotic opinions. Our silence has done us no good.

Edited by JimJam

Something has to be done. I think Pakistan will collapse in a few years. I think we Shia need to unite under a secular platform and call for a Pakistan where all people are given equal rights. This includes Shia, Sunnis, Ahmadis, Hindus and Christians. If India can do it why cant we? The current nature of the Pakistani state needs to change. Discrimination based on religion is destroying this society. Everyone has identity politics and supremasicm on their mind and this is tearing the country apart.

And I think our alims are leading us like sheep towards slaughter, they always say there is no sectarianism, its all a conspiracy. We all know thats wrong. We all know who is doing the killing. We already know the enemy, its isnt the american or Israel, its the Takfiris. I think people need to go out there an kill those terrorist madressa brutes. Plus I think the time for political correctness is over, whenever we Shia hear the majority spouting their conspiracy garbage and false narratives or slandering us we should walk upto them and challenge their idiotic opinions. Our silence has done us no good.

please do not generalize all ulemas.we still have brave ulemas who speak for justice.

Something has to be done. I think Pakistan will collapse in a few years. I think we Shia need to unite under a secular platform and call for a Pakistan where all people are given equal rights. This includes Shia, Sunnis, Ahmadis, Hindus and Christians. If India can do it why cant we? The current nature of the Pakistani state needs to change. Discrimination based on religion is destroying this society. Everyone has identity politics and supremasicm on their mind and this is tearing the country apart. And I think our alims are leading us like sheep towards slaughter, they always say there is no sectarianism, its all a conspiracy. We all know thats wrong. We all know who is doing the killing. We already know the enemy, its isnt the american or Israel, its the Takfiris. I think people need to go out there an kill those terrorist madressa brutes. Plus I think the time for political correctness is over, whenever we Shia hear the majority spouting their conspiracy garbage and false narratives or slandering us we should walk upto them and challenge their idiotic opinions. Our silence has done us no good.
This is spot on. It is maddening when people start screaming that RAW or Mossad orchesterated these attacks and all big conspiracy. That is such an easy way out from addressing the real problem and pointing the blame at the real devils responsible for this - the Takfiri/Wahabi element that has diseased that country. Honestly, I would say that the targeting and hatred towards Shias in Pakistan at the moment is far worse than whatever happened even to the Ahmadis/Kadiyanis who were flat out labeled as Kufar.
I,am all for the Shia community to help the Shias in Pakistan however lets be realistic Iran just signed a gas deal with Pakistan you really think there going to jeopardize that to suport shias in Pakistan who first are divided second probally don,t want the help lastly how successful do you think a rise to arms would be.
So it is all just politics then and "playing the game"? All that talk of empowering the Ummah (and particularly Shias) was just all hot air? I understand Iran has their own issues on their plate right now and a lot to deal with - I get that. But it just baffles me that even now when I look on Iranian news and PressTV there is literally like NO news about what happened in Pakistan (there was one short article yesterday hidden below a bunch of others). Yet however, if some takfiri Palestinian had broken his arm or gotten bit by a misquito, it would be front page news on every Iranian newspaper with big flashing lights and rallies across the country would have happened. I just don't get it. Not trying to be adversarial but would love to hear the thoughts and comments by some of my Iranian bros/sis about this and the general feeling towards Pakistani shias in Iran?! Edited by Zulfiqar786

All the schools and colleges and traiining centres were closed today and maybe tomorrow as well. Life has come to a halt here. Its easy to blame ______ for all thats happening but we have to realize that pakistan is a poor country and if it was a rich country, there wouldnt be suicide bombings and such because their standard of living would make their life bearable. I am in Pakistan and those not in the country but living happily aboard with a good life talking about how pakistan is a failed state make me angry and stuff.