Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.InshAllah.

Video: Evidence Of Design From Biology

Rate this topic

Someone called?

Behe may be an intelligent design advocate, but he also supports common descent, ie that we came from primitive apes. He believes in theistic evolution, essentially. With that, he is ok in my books.

Ive read his book btw, darwins black box, hes an extensively intelligent guy, very well versed in his field.

Notice how he speaks against "darwinian" ideas and not necessarily common descent or evolution as a whole.

Edited by iDevonian

This isn't the only argument for design he has

In the first direct challenge brought in the United States federal courts dealing with intelligent design ( Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District), the judge found on December 20, 2005 that:

The evidence at trial demonstrates that ID is nothing less than the progeny of creationism. (page 31)

The overwhelming evidence at trial established that ID is a religious view, a mere re-labeling of creationism, and not a scientific theory. (page 43)

http://en.wikipedia....School_District

Wslm.

The human body, the complexity of the cell, DNA, conciousness, all of it is an absolute testament of God.

There's a quote that says, " if i had no proof but my thumb, i would be convinced of Gods existence"

A puddle of water wakes up one morning and thinks "Well, this is a very interesting world I find myself in. It fits me very neatly.

In fact, it fits me so neatly, it must have been made for me. Only God could make something so precise.

What should it look like if it wasn't 'designed', and how do you know?

What would it look like, for instance, if it just evolved through natural material processes? Would it look different than it does, and if so, how?

Wslm.

A puddle of water wakes up one morning and thinks "Well, this is a very interesting world I find myself in. It fits me very neatly.In fact, it fits me so neatly, it must have been made for me. Only God could make something so precise.

What should it look like if it wasn't 'designed', and how do you know?

What would it look like, for instance, if it just evolved through natural material processes? Would it look different than it does, and if so, how?

The fallacy your making is that you are are assuming that the puddle wasn't designed. the puddle is in fact intelligent for saying such a thing.

Edited by eThErEaL

I think, if it helps. Quisant is saying, we have evolved to suit the world, rather than the world being designed to suit us. Which still doesn't negate the idea of the puddle being designed, but also could I suppose make creation sound as if it weren't pre planned, rather it's built it's own design

I think, if it helps. Quisant is saying, we have evolved to suit the world, rather than the world being designed to suit us. Which still doesn't negate the idea of the puddle being designed, but also could I suppose make creation sound as if it weren't pre planned, rather it's built it's own design

I believe the puddle and everything else is interconnected in such a way that everything fits harmoniously with each other. Each thing is purposefully designed to fit within a much grander purpose (the interconnected-ness of all things). And the interconnected-ness as a whole is One creation (its purpose is to reflect God or be the image of God). So each thing is a piece of a large puzzle. So each thing is designed for all other peices and all other pieces were designed for each other; and the whole (the One) is reflected in each and every piece Indra's net is a metaphor Buddhists use to express this relationship of all things which each other.

wiki: "Indras net" http://en.wikipedia....Indra's_net

Francis Harold Cook describes the metaphor of Indra's net from the perspective of the Huayan school in the book Hua-Yen Buddhism: The Jewel Net of Indra:

Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering "like" stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected
all
the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring.

Edited by eThErEaL