Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Scientific Evidence From The Quran

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته

I sincerely hope you brothers do not confuse the Qur`aan into an encyclopaedia or into a science text book. It came as a book of moral guidance and godly knowledge, not as a science textbook.

و السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركته

(wasalam)

I don't believe that's what he meant at all. He was simply asking for Ayahs in the Quran which contain scientific facts not discovered until centuries later by contemporary scientists, serving as scientific evidence supporting Islam.

Those are not miracles. Those are just satanic ways of distracting us from the real miracle of the Quran which only a mumin can understand. The Quran has no reason to talk about irrelevant facts. The Quran is a book about the unseen not the seen.

A divine book cannot be confirmed by these so called "scientific authorities". To say it can be confirmed by them is to insult the Quran. A divine book can only be confirmed by a divine knowledge which is iman.

But who wants to hear this? Especially when iman has been mistaken for something emotional and subjective.

Edited by eThErEaL

Those are not miracles. Those are just satanic distractions from the real miracle of the Quran which only a mumin can understand. The Quran has no reason to talk about irrelevant facts. The Quran is a book about the unseen not the seen.

A divine book does not need to be confirmed by these so called "scientific authorities". A Divine book just needs to be confirmed in our heart through iman.

But who wants to hear this? Especially when iman has been mistaken for something emotional and subjective.

Just because they're not the only miracles doesn't mean that they are not miracles. No one said the Quran is limited to scientific facts, you're assuming too much.

Those are not miracles. Those are just satanic distractions from the real miracle of the Quran which only a mumin can understand. The Quran has no reason to talk about irrelevant facts. The Quran is a book about the unseen not the seen.

A divine book does not need to be confirmed by these so called "scientific authorities". A Divine book just needs to be confirmed in our heart through iman.

So instead of appreciating the scientific miracles of the Quran in addition to the countless other things, you decide to just disregard the ones related to science altogether? Astagfrilillah.

Just because they're not the only miracles doesn't mean that they are not miracles. No one said the Quran is limited to scientific facts, you're assuming too much.

As-Salamun Alaykum!

Brother, they are not miracles at all. They are satanic distractions. They have nothing to do with the Quran.

And I am not of the impression that those who espouse your views are limiting the Quran to merely scientific facts. I understand very well what your views are. What I am saying is that there is nothing "scientific" about the Quran. The Quran is about the unseen not about the seen.

As-Salamun Alaykum!

Brother, they are not miracles at all. They are satanic distractions. They have nothing to do with the Quran.

And I am not of the impression that those who espouse your views are limiting the Quran to merely scientific facts. I understand very well what your views are. What I am saying is that there is nothing "scientific" about the Quran. The Quran is about the unseen not about the seen.

(wasalam)

Astaghfrilillah, how can you call the signs of the Quran 'satanic'? Just because they have to do with science? Islam teaches us to educate ourselves and it is through this education that we understand more and more of the Quran's divineness. The Quran is also not strictly about the unseen, there are several Ayahs in the Quran which refer to natural, observable things as signs of Allah. The Quran contains all knowledge, not just knowledge of the unseen.

As-Salamun Alaykum!

Brother, calling signs of the Quran 'satanic' is a sin......

Astaghfrilillah, how can you call the signs of the Quran 'satanic'? Just because they have to do with science? Islam teaches us to educate ourselves and it is through this education that we understand more and more of the Quran's divineness. The Quran is also not strictly about the unseen, there are several Ayahs in the Quran which refer to natural, observable things as signs of Allah. The Quran contains all knowledge, not just knowledge of the unseen.

Astaghfirullah? The Ayat of God are not seen but unseen. How can you call Ayat seen? "Science" is not about observing "Ayat". There are so many "Scientists" who reject God. Are they observing Ayat of God? Of course not.

It is the heart that is able to witness the unseen Ayat of God. If The Ayat of God were seen then anyone who looks at them would believe in them. But this is not so!

Even the Quran is Ayat of God, but we mean the unseen Quran witnessed by the heart, not the "physical" Quran.

Edited by eThErEaL

• Advanced Member

Salamu Alaikum,

I saw this clip while in my studies leading up to my reversion a couple years ago. I didn't take it as being satanic distractions at all. On the contrary, I took it as a proof based on reason considering these things weren't discovered until the 20th century with the most advanced instruments. For the record, I came across these things prior to my watching this clip. This was a few of many things that solidified my belief that this book I was reading could have been from none other than Allah (SWT), The Sustainer of Existence !

Salamu Alaikum,

I saw this clip while in my studies leading up to my reversion a couple years ago. I didn't take it as being satanic distractions at all. On the contrary, I took it as a proof based on reason considering these things weren't discovered until the 20th century with the most advanced instruments. For the record, I came across these things prior to my watching this clip. This was a few of many things that solidified my belief that this book I was reading could have been from none other than Allah (SWT), The Sustainer of Existence !

Wa Alaykum Salam!

Alright. Are these scientific "facts" which you claim to have caused your iman 100% guaranteed not to change? Is there a small chance it might not be true due to advancement in technology? As a scientist one must allow for this possibility even if it is a small possibility.

If something which can possibly turn out to be false induces "iman", then is this really "iman"? what kind of "iman" is this? Will you stop having "iman" if these facts are proven to be false?

Edited by eThErEaL

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

I don't believe that's what he meant at all. He was simply asking for Ayahs in the Quran which contain scientific facts not discovered until centuries later by contemporary scientists, serving as scientific evidence supporting Islam.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Most of these 'scientific miracles' are often ambiguous Ayaat which we really need to twist the interpretation of.

• Advanced Member

Wa Alaykum Salam!

Alright. Are these scientific "facts" which you claim to have caused your iman 100% guaranteed not to change? Is there a small chance it might not be true due to advancement in technology? As a scientist one must allow for this possibility even if it is a small possibility.

If something which can possibly turn out to be false induces "iman", then is this really "iman"? what kind of "iman" is this? Will you stop having "iman" if these facts are proven to be false?

My iman is not based solely on scientific facts as I stated in my response Akhi. I doubt very seriously that these facts will change so I wont get in to hypotheticals in this regard. Granted, technology will evolve until the Day of Judgement, but evolution of technology does not have to necessarily change things that are. I'm not a scientist so you wont find me thinking like one.

If you just scratched the surface on knowing me as those close to me have, you would know that my iman will never fade, but InshAllah will only grow stronger with each breath I am blessed with !

Salamu Alaikum

Yusuf Ali

(wasalam)

Brother, instead of simply concluding that these verses explain scientific facts that have only recently been discovered, why don't you look at the tafsirs of thoses verses, especially the classical ones, if they agree with your interpretations, then you would have a solid case.

I have actually looked at some of the tafsirs of some very common verses that explain 'recently discovered scientific facts' and the tafsirs actually have nothing to do with any 'recently discovered scientific fact', for example:

Surah 21, Verse 30, the infamous 'big bang verse'

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

It has nothing to do with the big bang theory, it had something to do with the rain,

and this verse, Surah 51, Verse 47,

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it.

First, note that there is a different translation for this, which is:

We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof). (Pickthall translation)

Secondly, our tafsirs never mention that the universe expands, they mention that it has something to do with Allah's (swt) rizq. The only tafsir that I have seen mention the physical expansion of the universe, is Al-Mizan, but that does not mean anything, because the mufassir only mentions that it is a possibility, and secondly, he is a later mufassir, after the universe expansion theory was developed.

I hope this doesn't disappoint you, the real miracle I see in the Qur'an is it's linguistic excellence,

(wasalam)

Edited by Naruto

Astaghfirullah? The Ayat of God are not seen but unseen. How can you call Ayat seen? "Science" is not about observing "Ayat". There are so many "Scientists" who reject God. Are they observing Ayat of God? Of course not.

It is the heart that is able to witness the unseen Ayat of God. If The Ayat of God were seen then anyone who looks at them would believe in them. But this is not so!

Even the Quran is Ayat of God, but we mean the unseen Quran witnessed by the heart, not the "physical" Quran.

So you're saying we should disregard this because it is tangible, seen sign of Allah? Because it's a satanic distraction?

pharaoh+body.jpg

Brother, instead of simply concluding that these verses explain scientific facts that have only recently been discovered, why don't you look at the tafsirs of thoses verses, especially the classical ones, if they agree with your interpretations, then you would have a solid case.

I have actually looked at some of the tafsirs of some very common verses that explain 'recently discovered scientific facts' and the tafsirs actually have nothing to do with any 'recently discovered scientific fact', for example:

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

It has nothing to do with the big bang theory, it had something to do with the rain,

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it.

We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof). (Pickthall translation)

Secondly, our tafsirs never mention that the universe expands, they mention that it has something to do with Allah's (swt) rizq. The only tafsir that I have seen mention the physical expansion of the universe, is Al-Mizan, but that does not mean anything, because the mufassir only mentions that it is a possibility, and secondly, he is a later mufassir, after the universe expansion theory was developed.

I hope this doesn't disappoint you, the real miracle I see in the Qur'an is it's linguistic excellence,

(wasalam)

I have read tasfirs of the Quran, brother, and if you knew about the nature of the Quran you would know that Ayahs have several deeper meanings, not just one. I never claimed that scientific facts were the sole meaning of the Ayah, but they are one of many countless meanings.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I sincerely hope you brothers do not confuse the Qur`aan into an encyclopaedia or into a science text book. It came as a book of moral guidance and godly knowledge, not as a science textbook.

Uhh, what? How do you even come to that conclusion from the OP?

(wasalam)

Naruto, the Quran has several meanings, it's not as simple as you believe it is.

My iman is not based solely on scientific facts as I stated in my response Akhi. I doubt very seriously that these facts will change so I wont get in to hypotheticals in this regard. Granted, technology will evolve until the Day of Judgement, but evolution of technology does not have to necessarily change things that are. I'm not a scientist so you wont find me thinking like one.

If you just scratched the surface on knowing me as those close to me have, you would know that my iman will never fade, but InshAllah will only grow stronger with each breath I am blessed with !

Salamu Alaikum

Yusuf Ali

Don't think I am judging you. Your iman is probably genuine and strong (and I say probably only because God alone can judge) :) But perhaps your iman (if genuine) doesn't come from where you think it comes from.

If right now you can still see yourself to have iman despite knowing the possibility of the falsity of these alleged miracles how can you claim that your iman is induced by these alleged miracles? Maybe you are mistaken about where your iman is really coming from.

What is iman? Is iman knowledge or is iman theorizing, opining, and believing?

What is the object of iman? Is the object of iman unchanging truth (reality), or is the object of iman that which could turn out to be either true or false.

Edited by eThErEaL

So you're saying we should disregard this because it is tangible, seen sign of Allah? Because it's a satanic distraction?

We should disregard this because the verse is clearly not talking about this. Proof: Do the classical mufassirun say that this verse means that in the future we will discover Firawn's actual body?

Also, if we find out that this really wasn't Firawn then we would clearly be guilty of attributing something false to the Quran, astaghfirullah. And Even if this is Firawn the Quran is talking about the unseen not the seen. So we are guilty either way.

We should be careful about how we interpret these sacred verses of the Quran. Lets not con-fuse the divine and eternally true words of God for "scientific opinions and contingent truths". We should ask ourselves, whether we have faith in Scientists or whether we have faith in God's Word.

The Scientist has now become the Firawn of our time.

Edited by eThErEaL

Naruto, the Quran has several meanings, it's not as simple as you believe it is.

I have read tasfirs of the Quran, brother, and if you knew about the nature of the Quran you would know that Ayahs have several deeper meanings, not just one. I never claimed that scientific facts were the sole meaning of the Ayah, but they are one of many countless meanings.

The fact is brothers, none of our great mufassirs throughout history have interpreted it the way you guys are trying to make it out to be. Brother AliHussainFaraji, you have mentioned to me that you have read those tafsirs, what do they say? Do they agree or disagree with your interpretation?

Also, please keep in mind that those scientists like Keith Moore could have been quote mined, or fooled/bribed to say those things.

Edited by Naruto

• Advanced Member

Don't think I am judging you. Your iman is probably genuine and strong (and I say probably only because God alone can judge) :) But perhaps your iman (if genuine) doesn't come from where you think it comes from.

If right now you can still see yourself to have iman despite knowing the possibility of the falsity of these alleged miracles how can you claim that your iman is induced by these alleged miracles? Maybe you are mistaken about where your iman is really coming from.

What is iman? Is iman knowledge or is iman theorizing, opining, and believing?

What is the object of iman? Is the object of iman unchanging truth (reality), or is the object of iman that which could turn out to be either true or false.

I didn't think you were trying to judge me at all Akhi. I am a humble individual that takes good from everything. If anyone has questions, they ask so they get a better understanding.

To give you a simple answer, I don't know all the true interpretations of the Quran. If the tafsir is something other than what I thought it was and I am corrected, Alhamdulillah I learned something new. Seeing as I've only studied for the last 3 years, and reverted to Islam just over a year ago I'm sure I'll be learning many more things I didn't know. This being said, it will have no effect on my iman :D

Yusuf

Osama, We know that...

But these so called scientific miracles don't count as one of those meanings.

That's the point.

Not only do they not count as one of those meanings but they are in fact going the opposite direction away from where the Quran is meant to point us towards.

Edited by eThErEaL

We should disregard this because the verse is clearly not talking about this. Proof: Do the classical mufassirun say that this verse means that in the future we will discover Firawn's actual body?

Also, if we find out that this really wasn't Firawn then we would clearly be guilty of attributing something false to the Quran, astaghfirullah. And Even if this is Firawn the Quran is talking about the unseen not the seen. So we are guilty either way.

We should be careful about how we interpret these sacred verses of the Quran. Lets not con-fuse the divine and eternally true words of God for "scientific opinions and contingent truths". We should ask ourselves, whether we have faith in Scientists or whether we have faith in God's Word.

The Scientist has now become the Firawn of our time.

Astaghfirullah.....

Dude, why are you being so dense? You're taking your own flawed ideology regarding the Quran as fact and completely disregarding evidence to the contrary.

And Even if this is Firawn the Quran is talking about the unseen not the seen.

There you go again. How can that POSSIBLY be talking about the unseen. It says Allah will preserve his body as a sign for the people who come after him, and again you say it's about the unseen?

We should be careful about how we interpret these sacred verses of the Quran.

This is extremely ironic of you considering you refuse to believe in anything but you're own, obviously flawed, interpretation of the Quran being strictly about the unseen.

Astaghfirullah.....

Dude, why are you being so dense? You're taking your own flawed ideology regarding the Quran as fact and completely disregarding evidence to the contrary.

There you go again. How can that POSSIBLY be talking about the unseen. It says Allah will preserve his body as a sign for the people who come after him, and again you say it's about the unseen?

This is extremely ironic of you considering you refuse to believe in anything but you're own, obviously flawed, interpretation of the Quran being strictly about the unseen.

What do you understand by seen (as-shahada) and unseen (ghayb)? Perhaps then you won't think that what we said above was "dense".

Edited by eThErEaL