Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sisters, Aren't You Getting Sick Of."sisters Only"

Rate this topic

Queen Yoda II

• Advanced Member

I agree with your sentiments, yoda.

And gypsy, you're right. SC has become quite male dominated. And I suppose that stops the women that are still around from taking an active role. Shia's are nearly always in the minority, when we come on shia chat we dont want to feel like we are still the minority.

Tis a shame as seeking knowledge is prescribed on both man and woman.

[Edit] Gypsy, any plans to revisit the female only forum idea?

As of now the plan for our own secret garden is dead. I and two other sisters were planning to start a sister forum, off-site (outside of SC) a while back. We wanted to make membership of the forum by invitation only. We found an easy to use forum with colorful skins. The hardest part was trying to set up a board of administrators, diverting sisters from SC to that other forum. Then came the question of how do we even know who are really brothers/sisters? As you can see, this is too much work. And I'm not able to commit much time to this project and neither could the other sisters.

On SC you can easily setup a private invisible forum by group membership. Sisters forum would be visible to the girls. Brothers on the other hand can see their forum. Again we still have a problem of not knowing who the boys and the girls are.

Is there a way sisters can be comfortable on SC? How about making sure that boys cannot post here; by removing their posting privileges while they are browsing here?

Edited by Gypsy

All of these "why/what do you wear" threads. I feel its quite creepy and not very Islamic

Also my queen...I see a thread in the brothers forum (from the main area...no I wasn't lurking there).....and it is titled something like "if beards were not wajib would you.." (I don't know the rest of the title because I didn't enter the bros area). In other words he wants everyone to know he is old enough to grow a beard....whatever LOL.

• Advanced Member

Also my queen...I see a thread in the brothers forum (from the main area...no I wasn't lurking there).....and it is titled something like "if beards were not wajib would you.." (I don't know the rest of the title because I didn't enter the bros area). In other words he wants everyone to know he is old enough to grow a beard....whatever LOL.

This is what I mean, Making threads that are not contributing positively to try to prove a point. Anyone even know what the point is :D

Oops I didn't make sense in my post loool. What I meant is we can't ask questions in the sister section when we know that a guy will be looking at the threads.

There are some pretty awkward things that people may want to discuss and I know I have a few questions myself. But the thought of raising certain topics in the presence of na-mahram men can be embarrassing. This may be an online forum, but some level of hijab still needs to maintained.

Obviously there are many brothers who are mature, do not constantly give sexist replies and are knowledgeable. And Alhumdulilah for those brothers.

It's not entirely a gender issue, its about positive contribution.

It just so happens that the certain individuals who take away some of the value of SC as they consistently post without contributing any value happen to be male. If they were female, I would still feel disheartened as shiachat is something I have truly cherished since joining. It's a shame the immaturity of some is driving away those we can actually learn from and who can provide a positive contribution.

Anyway I am far from perfect and may Allah grant all of us (including me) guidance and knowledge, Inshallah.

Hope you all are having/have good days :)

I made a thread asking if sisters would wear hijab if it were not wajib, to see what hijab means to a sister. Is it a ritual thing, or does it carry significance for them - real significance.

Now if you want to post in it, please do. If you do not, please do not.

No compulsion. Those that want to share thoughts, contribute, participate in a positive way can. Those that do not, i have no ill feeling towards.

I am male, and one day i'll be married (inshallah) to a female. I want to know perceptions, attitudes, ect

Edited by Rational Thinking

I am sick of all of the holier than thou I'm so perfect attitudes from a bunch of whining teenagers on here who have no clue about life

I definitely don't have a "holier than thou" attitude. If you would like a long confession of my sins, feel free to PM me. I'm not shy about how ... of a person/Muslim I am. Try not to label everyone with the same tag :)

I made that thread, and no, I was not trying to let everyone know that I am old enough to grow a beard (actually, I'm not). I made that in reply to the "would you still wear hijab" thread. Women should not be the only ones having to answer about their clothing choices.

Edited by Naz_

Youre back!! :D :D :D :D

I am male, and one day i'll be married (inshallah) to a female. I want to know perceptions, attitudes, ect

No, the sisters of SC have to maintain their Hijaab - if you have questions then ask your female relatives. You wouldn't stop a hijaabi in the street and ask her personal questions, then don't do it here.

Youre back!! :D :D :D :D

No, the sisters of SC have to maintain their Hijaab - if you have questions then ask your female relatives. You wouldn't stop a hijaabi in the street and ask her personal questions, then don't do it here.

My question was precisely if the sisters did not have to maintain physical hijab, would they feel compelled to? This is not really a personal question. I simply wanted to know if sisters wore it out of obligation, or if they felt it really had a physical benifit.

One or two sisters responded quite positively on my thread , giving some interesting replies.

You are right on the final line. I would not stop a stranger on the street; that is not a place for discussion, cultivation of ideas, or dialogue.

A forum is precisely the place to ask.

wasallam

No it isn't. We have to maintain Hijaab 24/7, even if it is online.

Just to ask, in what sense is the hijab of a woman compromised (the metaphysical hijab) , by answering if they would wear hijab if it was not wajib?

Women post all sorts of things as do men which are definitely more personal (do not wish to name threads), where everyone has access to.

Just to ask, in what sense is the hijab of a woman compromised (the metaphysical hijab) , by answering if they would wear hijab if it was not wajib?

Women post all sorts of things as do men which are definitely more personal (do not wish to name threads), where everyone has access to.

*Sigh* For the last time, non mahram men asking women about their clothing is inappropraite.

I never asked anyone on the details of their clothes. I simply was asking a question - a philosophical one- of what Hijab means to a woman, and if it is just out of obligation, or perhaps has a use.

salam

This thread is for the sisters - go away.

I have requested that this thread is now a Sisters only thread. Please no more males post here.

Edited by Queen Yoda II

How is a thread by a brother asking about the niqab or hijab un-Islamic? If anything you constantly insulting users over petty things is un-Islamic.

If you are a boy, which is a good probability, then you cant post in this thread.

What is wrong with some of these boys on here? Seriously kids, instead of being disrespectful to your elders why don't you just get a life?

Can you not stand it when women just want to talk amongst themselves, or are you the creepy boys that listen in on their older sisters and friends?

Get out there and experience life, who knows maybe one day you will meet a girl who you can have a proper relationship with.

Edited by Queen Yoda II

What is wrong with some of these boys on here? Seriously kids, instead of being disrespectful to your elders why don't you just get a life?

I know...full of kids now. When I joined a couple of years ago there were quite a few members around my age. Now they have all left or been banned after clashing with the whiny brats overrunning this place now. The brats don't understand that we are old enough or almost old enough to be their mothers.....and I don't know about them but when I was disrespectful to adults I got a good smacking and was bandomized to my bedroom by my parents. Don't expect any respect my queen...I tried to be respectful in the beginning but I received nothing but ugliness and attacks so now I just don't care.

Edited by ImAli

If you are a boy, which is a good probability, then you cant post in this thread.

Can you not stand it when women just want to talk amongst themselves, or are you the creepy boys that listen in on their older sisters and friends?

Get out there and experience life, who knows maybe one day you will meet a girl who you can have a proper relationship with.

Maybe if you were a little brighter you could figure out you could click on my profile page and see I am a female. Either way, stop being so childish and grow up.

stop encouraging the children mutah_king

ImAli, I have constantly seen you make inflammatory and childish insults on this forum. Here's one such example. If anyone is a child, it's you.

Is it the norm on this forum for immature, childish users to make projective posts calling others immature children?

Edited by Guided to Islam

Lol at logical Islam/rational thinking/guide to Islam. Its just so obvious.

Fake woman account :D

Anyway thanks you cheered me up :!!!: :!!!:

I expected such a pathetic response. You couldn't think of a decent response so you decided to drool on your keyboard instead. Go play in your sandbox.

Oh, and tell that ghost you believe pours ice cubs on you when you go to get toilet paper I said hello.

^^^yes it is obvious....I was thinking the same thing

He was even crying about the cow thread a while back hahahaha....(and he's a stalker)

Actually someone just posted the link to it in another thread. And saying someone is crying for pointing out your childish behavior? Oh the irony lmao

You two have fun going to school on the short shool bus.

Edited by Guided to Islam

I normally do not like to be part of confrontations, but i am just here to note that 'guided to islam' is not me. I have had so many chances of refuting and arguing back, and as you noticed, i left when asked.

Islam teaches us not to spread suspicion, nor slander people or perform geebah.

Wassalam, this is my only response. Peace be with you and i have not taken anything to heart.

I normally do not like to be part of confrontations, but i am just here to note that 'guided to islam' is not me. I have had so many chances of refuting and arguing back, and as you noticed, i left when asked.

Islam teaches us not to spread suspicion, nor slander people or perform geebah.

Wassalam, this is my only response. Peace be with you and i have not taken anything to heart.

She knows, she's just trying to tell herself that because she feels backed into a corner and couldn't think of a response. It's a defense mechanism.