Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Pedram

How Many Of You Mention Imam Ali (As) In Tashahud

Rate this topic

A user on this forum has requested me to create this poll as he would like to know how many people mention Imam Ali (as) in their tashahud, he says:

"I knw this is an akhbari belief and many Ulema forbid but still I just want to knw hw many actually do this"

A user on this forum has requested me to create this poll as he would like to know how many people mention Imam Ali (as) in their tashahud, he says:

"I knw this is an akhbari belief and many Ulema forbid but still I just want to knw hw many actually do this"

Can you prove it is an Akhbari belief or is this yet another theory from the neo Akhbaris AKA Malangs

Every Shia mentions Imam Ali (as) along with all of the other Imams (as) in the tashahhud because the testimony to the nubuwwat of the Prophet (saw) is incomplete without the the understanding that imamate is its branch.

I disagree. Even his Eminence Sayed Sadiq Al-Shirazi says that the Tashahhud is complete without mentioning Imam Ali and the imams. However, there is no ruling disallowing the mentioning of Imam Ali and the imams in tashahud but to believe that mentioning them in salat is wajib is bidaa.

http://imamshirazi.com/prayer%20procedure.pdf

I disagree. Even his Eminence Sayed Sadiq Al-Shirazi says that the Tashahhud is complete without mentioning Imam Ali and the imams. However, there is no ruling disallowing the mentioning of Imam Ali and the imams in tashahud but to believe that mentioning them in salat is wajib is bidaa.

http://imamshirazi.c...r procedure.pdf

Reread what I wrote.

Every Shia mentions Imam Ali (as) along with all of the other Imams (as) in the tashahhud because the testimony to the nubuwwat of the Prophet (saw) is incomplete without the understanding that imamate is its branch.

Note, I said understanding of, not utterance of.

Edited by al-Irshad

Reread what I wrote.

Note, I said understanding of, not utterance of.

My bad. I misread. However person earlier in the thread wrote "The tashahud is not complete without Imam Ali!!!" so when I read yours I mistakenly assumed you followed his statement.

^It is a bid'a brother no one considers it a part of tasshahud. From what I've heard some maraja' allow it only as a mustahab option, but not as a part of it similar to the third shahada in adhan/iqama. The only person I know of who considers it wajib is Yasser Habib.

^It is a bid'a brother no one considers it a part of tasshahud. From what I've heard some maraja' allow it only as a mustahab option, but not as a part of it similar to the third shahada in adhan/iqama. The only person I know of who considers it wajib is Yasser Habib.

It is bida' only if you say it thinking it is wajib part.

If you do it as a mustahib, then it is ok, because saying any dua, durood, and dhikr in wajib salat with the intention of it not being the wajib part of salat is ok and mustahib. This is same as saying optional durood in rukoo and sujood, or reading a short dua in the last sajda of your salat.

If you say it considering it is wajib part of salat, then your salat is not correct because you are doing bida', that is adding something which is not part of salat. You will be categorized with Umer in this case who added and omitted things in Islam on his own will.

Yh however what's the reason of a person praying taraweeh other than to please Allah SWT

And as this hadith shows

Imam al-Baqir (‘a) and Imam al-Sadiq (‘a) were asked about the permissibility of praying optional prayers in congregation during the nights of Ramadan. They

both narrated a tradition of the Prophet (s) where he said:

“Verily, the offering of nafila (recommended prayers) in congregation during the nights of Ramadan is an … O people! do not say nafila prayers of Ramadan in congregation…. Without doubt, performing a minor act of worship which is according to the sunna is better than performing a major act of worship which is an innovation.”

[al-Hurr al-`Amili, Wasa’il al-Shi`ah, volume 8, page 45]

"performing a minor act of worship which is according to the sunna is better than performing a major act of worship which is an innovation.”

So now what's Better tarwhee or a 2 rakat nafil

And u want to please Allah what's better for Allah.

So I'm not sure if u can read it but I think u proba can but its better to worship Allah when u have the engery in nafil than tarwheeh as the significance of this prayer might not be that dear to Allah (swt)

But it's best to make sure with other knowledgeable members on this forum as I don't know much atm

So if I do taraweeh thinking it to be mustahab and not wajib it's not a problem?

good excuse, but too bad we have hadith from the imams and prophet that Congregational Prayer for midnight IS NOT allowed. Meaning whether mustahab or wajib.

Yh however what's the reason of a person praying taraweeh other than to please Allah SWT

And as this hadith shows

Imam al-Baqir (‘a) and Imam al-Sadiq (‘a) were asked about the permissibility of praying optional prayers in congregation during the nights of Ramadan. They

both narrated a tradition of the Prophet (s) where he said:

“Verily, the offering of nafila (recommended prayers) in congregation during the nights of Ramadan is an … O people! do not say nafila prayers of Ramadan in congregation…. Without doubt, performing a minor act of worship which is according to the sunna is better than performing a major act of worship which is an innovation.”

[al-Hurr al-`Amili, Wasa’il al-Shi`ah, volume 8, page 45]

"performing a minor act of worship which is according to the sunna is better than performing a major act of worship which is an innovation.”

So now what's Better tarwhee or a 2 rakat nafil

And u want to please Allah what's better for Allah.

So I'm not sure if u can read it but I think u proba can but its better to worship Allah when u have the engery in nafil than tarwheeh as the significance of this prayer might not be that dear to Allah (swt)

But it's best to make sure with other knowledgeable members on this forum as I don't know much atm

Sure, I wouldn't do taraweeh just like I wouldn't recite Imam Ali's name in tashahud. At least with taraweeh there are opinions from scholars, using evidence from hadiths and the sahaba, that taraweeh may be prayed in congregation or at home. In fact, I believe the shafi's recommend the latter. However, there is no evidence to even contemplate bringing in Imam Ali's name into tashahud because sure as sure the Prophet himself never did it, nor did any of the Imams.

It is simply a bida'h and seeks to replace the Prophet's way with what something that certain people think is better.

Sure, I wouldn't do taraweeh just like I wouldn't recite Imam Ali's name in tashahud. At least with taraweeh there are opinions from scholars, using evidence from hadiths and the sahaba, that taraweeh may be prayed in congregation or at home. In fact, I believe the shafi's recommend the latter. However, there is no evidence to even contemplate bringing in Imam Ali's name into tashahud because sure as sure the Prophet himself never did it, nor did any of the Imams.

It is simply a bida'h and seeks to replace the Prophet's way with what something that certain people think is better.

but he would have been sure that some might start it as there were gulu during all the imams time. Where are the hadiths where they mention, even to say our names in "as its not part of the athan" is shirk either way?

you should have added "as part of the real athan or separate", cause for me most of the time i say it, sometimes i dont, but when i do my intention is that it isnt part of the athan

but he would have been sure that some might start it as there were gulu during all the imams time. Where are the hadiths where they mention, even to say our names in "as its not part of the athan" is shirk either way?

That should indicate that it started [ie it became common] at a much later time...

That should indicate that it started [ie it became common] at a much later time...

but still there were other imams, and the gulu sometimes added those other imams names in the athan.

but still there were other imams, and the gulu sometimes added those other imams names in the athan.

and what of the tashahud? There are narrations from the Imams about the adhan, yet none of them mention their names so clearly if it were happening in their times then they re-inforced what the correct version was (ie. the one read by the Prophet)

and what of the tashahud? There are narrations from the Imams about the adhan, yet none of them mention their names so clearly if it were happening in their times then they re-inforced what the correct version was (ie. the one read by the Prophet)

That doesn't change the fact that there are no hadiths on which they mention anyway you say our name it is not allowed in athan.