Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
thuglife

Concept Of Time

You know how you can look at a car and say, "wow, a marvel of engineering." Or "I am 100% sure this arrangement of atoms (car, house, Egyptian pyramids etc) could only be arranged this way if intelligence played a role." Socks and pens fall in this category.

Look at your lungs, heart and liver. Arrangements of atoms. The proof is in the pudding- people who need liver donations. A liver is just an arrangement of atoms. Yet it is arranged in such a way that no chemist or biologist can arrange atoms in a similar way-- so they have to go find an already existing arrangement of atoms for the person.

But here's what really brought me closer to God. The concept of time.

It cannot be reversed. The passed cannot change, but the future can. It constantly expires- everywhere in the universe- but not at the same rate everywhere. It's been proven that time expires at a different rate in different parts of the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Imagine if "time" began two weeks ago... So there is no such thing as 4 weeks ago. You cannot say, "I went to my doctor 15 days ago." The stop watch started 14 days ago.

If you go back far enough in time, there was a point where "there is no before that." Big Bang. the "stop watch" started 13.7 billion years ago.

What was "before" that? We cannot use the word "before" because saying it means that we are looking at things through the concept of time--- time must exist for such a question to be rational.

Time expires everywhere in the universe, leading me to think that Something constantly regulates it. I see features of design with time, just like how you see cars, socks and iPhones and think, "I'm 100% sure it took intelligence for these atoms to be arranged this way." Time is a marvel of engineering. Intelligence played a role.

I used to think there must have been a time God didn't exist (Lord forgive me for my sins/mistakes), came into existence (somehow) and created everything- that is if God existed at all. (Forgive me Lord).

But I see it as a creation, a marvel of engineering. It's Designer would not be bound by it; the Designer created it. There's a type of existence- unique to God- that is "outside" of time and space. Human intellect is too weak to truly comprehend it.

This existence of ours is, or should be in our eyes, all about God. Imagine how much intelligence and might it takes to design and create time, or rather, spacetime.

Imagine creating a car that can make copies of itself- or heal on its own if it gets dented... Look at DNA. Look at a cheetah. Make copies of themselves and heals if it gets bruised. Marvel of engineering.

Have you ever been in a dream, trying to accomplish some awkward task, where you pause and say, "hold up, I'm in a dream?" Look around you. The atoms assemble and rearrange like legos, only they are so small that you don't see the lines between the legos. This life is a dream. Look at all your hopes and aspirations. This life should be all about pleasing God. Imagine this: the Designer of spacetime, atoms and DNA being pleased with you. Can there be a better goal in life?

http://video.pbs.org/video/2164065493/

Do others here feel the same?

Peace.

Read half way through, reading until the end. Looks epic already! A shame that i handed in my "theory of knowledge" essay yesterday where i produced claims about the existence of religion and entities such as God and i could add the example you've mentioned, about time. I guess, the one who's governing all this would help me succeed !

If you take a clock at the top you have 12...

We have past many stages to get to the lower part where 6 is..

Here is the lowest form of creation and time atoms and all that, we have a wiped memmory and we need to get back to 12 (Allah)

We die at 7 ...

now we enterd 6 as a human made to reach perfection...if we leave at 7 as somthing else then 789 v long barzak 1 day 50 thousand years...

10 11 much later judgmentday... And one day the belivers will finally pay for sins and enter 12 for God is the power in the kingdom in the glory 4 ever...

now if you change the size of a wheel on a car then the millage would be wrong, as the perimiter would be greater...

Just the same the more you move away from this earth the longer a minuite becomes...

there is a place were 1 day of ours is 50,000 years as we speack, Also Quran surah 6 iyat 60 He it is who takes your soul in sleep...

You could sleep for a few hours but spend months in a dream, as your soul is away from earth...

Another simple distortion of time is holding a hot coal... 1 min would seem like a hour or even more...

Wathing a good film hours go by not noticed...

Im sory its not what you started at but i thought id say it any way as you seemed quite intelligent...

Only people of excellence can see people of excellence ... Imam Ali "a.s"...

Salam..

Sorry 1 more thing

The more Zikker you do (with out sin and with meaning concentration and spirit) the dream magic starts to happen in this waking life...

also if no zikker no eyes in the next world..

Jalli (Allahs power) can be dangerous 1 needs to be good all the time..

Jamali (Allahs beauty) Zikker of these names can be done with no danger...

Salam.

No worries. you added substance to the discussion.

What I really hate is getting comfortable here, forgetting that this world is a dream. For a while, I was fascinated by the concept of Kobe beef, the whole idea of meat with rediculous marbling, tenderness and flavor. I never had it, but I so wanted to. Then it occurs to me that: here I am, in awe of something, and God is not a part of my thinking. This is the worthless "treasure" of this world that I'm fixated on. Besdies, it's just a bunch of atoms, "legos."

Like that one scene from the Matrix

It's so easy to forget. In every spect of life.

Salam.

Lo, dreaming and being separted from Haqq are totally different things. Allah created with Truth. It is imagination compined to intellect you praise this thought. So its time to wake up before its too late. Autubillahi mine al sheitaanil raziim.

But here's what really brought me closer to God. The concept of time.

It cannot be reversed. The passed cannot change, but the future can. It constantly expires- everywhere in the universe- but not at the same rate everywhere. It's been proven that time expires at a different rate in different parts of the universe.

The Concept of Time does not exist Islamically :)

The concept of "time" as prescribed in Islam is the Timing of Salat. Or Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib & Isha viz from Sunrise to Sunset with day breaks. The Ultimate mockery of man's intelligence versus Allah's (S.W.T.) is the Clock Tower in Mecca ............. :)

(salam)

OK, thuglife...I do like your post...but:

Imagine this:

Your consciencous is imbedded in a surface rock on the dark side of the Moon (that side that never faces the Earth).

So as you obliviously revolve around the Earth, the only thing that happens in your "world" is (Sun) light on--light off.

On and Off

That is all.

What do you conclude about anything?

God created time when there wasn't even time... So there wasn't actually a 'when'.

I would like to introduce you to a paradox (Draygomb's)

Definitions:

God is defined as The Conscious First Cause – ( Thomas Acquinas)

The First Cause is That which caused Time.

Consciousness is that which lets one make a decision.

A Decision is the action of changing one’s mind from undecided to decided.

Time is the measure of change.

Premises:

Something which is caused can't be required by that which causes it.

Conclusions:

Time is required for Change.

A Decision is a Change.

Decisions require Time.

Consciousness can't let one make a decision without Time.

Consciousness requires Time.

God is Conscious.

God requires Time.

God can't be the cause of Time if God requires Time.

God isn't the cause of Time.

God isn't The First Cause.

?

Wslm.

Sorry 1 more thing

The more Zikker you do (with out sin and with meaning concentration and spirit) the dream magic starts to happen in this waking life...

Salam.

The Concept of Time does not exist Islamically :)

The concept of "time" as prescribed in Islam is the Timing of Salat. Or Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib & Isha viz from Sunrise to Sunset with day breaks. The Ultimate mockery of man's intelligence versus Allah's (S.W.T.) is the Clock Tower in Mecca ............. :)

Salaam.

@ ZakiYumani: Thank you. I really like the first sentence. It's the ultimate form of awakening. And being hunry as I am during Ramadan really does help being awake in this life.

@ xstatik2 I think I musunderstand what you wrote or you have misunderstand what I have wrote. Did you watch the video at the end of my first post?

http://video.pbs.org/video/2164065493/

Time does exist Islamically. It's a feature of this universe.

Think about a football player running down the field while another player throws him the ball, hitting the runner in stride. The thrower has to judge the receiver's speed (which is a calculation of the distance traveled divided by the time spent travelling the distance) to design (a trajectory) a parabola in his head that the ball must travel-- to reach the receiver at the right time. If he "designs the parabola" and releases too early, the ball will go too far and there is no catch; if he "designs the parabola" and releases too late, the ball will be underthrown. simply put: his brain does calculus and takes time into account.

^btw this is all proof of an Intelligent Being behind our existence. It's one thing for us to do calculus on paper, but to judge the weight of the ball, know how much force to apply to it, which of the MANY muscles to use-- all instantly and to have it land at the right place at the right time.

Here's a good example of what I mean: YouTube video called "Texas A&M - Manziel to Evans for 95 Yd TD"

Lo, dreaming and being separted from Haqq are totally different things. Allah created with Truth. It is imagination compined to intellect you praise this thought. So its time to wake up before its too late. Autubillahi mine al sheitaanil raziim.

Salaam, I'm not sure what you are saying. Watch the video at the end of my first post. It's pretty amazing... Also, there is/was an artist named Gaudi who said something like "man does not create; he discovers." Basically meaning that everything you can think of desgining, like wavy lines on a building, already exists in nature- like wavy lines on sand dunes. No matter what, you can't be original. There is no idea or action that God doesn't already know about. Even thinking "oh I'm going to do this or that to get around a rule in Islam" -- whatever the "this" or "that" is-- God alrady knows about it.  I would extend this thinking (if he already didn't) to everything we humans do. God, the Almighty, has already created the paths we can go on, whatever actions we take. The possibilities are already there, created by Allah, the Glorified. It's us who decide what of those possible actions we do.  This is a belief in Islam.

For example, think about a breakthrough wonder drug that saves lives. God already knew of the disease "before" the unverse was created and what arrangement of atoms a person has to digest to be cured of the disease. Or think about a game of chess. Have you ever thought "hey, what if all of the chess moves of the match we just played were done the exact same way before, by people in Russia in 1971?" There are many- but a limited amount of sequences of moves in chess. Essentially, you're playing game that has a set amount of moves and sequence of moves. If you have them catalogued, like one of these super machines, you can't loose. Same thing in this life. Everything you do and the way in which you do them-- God created all those options for you. You can discover, but not create.

So, even dilusions people have, like all the way the heart can swerve, God, the All-knowing, created and knows about those paths.

Then it occurs to me that: here I am, in awe of something, and God is not a part of my thinking. This is the worthless "treasure" of this world that I'm fixated on. Besdies, it's just a bunch of atoms, "legos.

(Bismillah)

(Salam)

I hate to be this blunt but there is a serious flaw in your way of thinking about God and His creation. You are presupposing an essentially mechanistic (and therefore deistic) worldview.

You are presupposing a mechanistic model of creation because you are wrongly presuming that (in the creative act) God makes a thing into what it is. According to you, things are what they are because they have been arranged and organized into what they are (like the way a potter makes clay pots out of earth and water, or the way a watch maker designs a watch by organizing its parts). The fact is that God does not create by making a thing into what it is, but rather He creates simply by giving a thing (which exists eternally in His knowledge) existence. An apple was not created by being made into an apple. An apple was created simply by receiving existence. (I hope you are able to understand the difference). The proof for this is in the Quranic verse, "When God desires a thing, He says to it, 'Be' and it is!". So, the creation is not essentially atomic. Atoms do not "make up" the things of the world! God did not create things atomically. To be sure, each thing has the potential to be divisible into atoms, but this does not mean that atoms constitute a thing (nor does this mean that atoms make a thing what it is!). The whole is what is real and actual, not its potential parts! Please bear that in mind. To say that God created atomically (or that He created a thing into what it is) is to say, perforce, that God time bound. The reason for this is that the process of a thing becoming into what it is involves time, sequence, and change. The Creative act of God does not occur in any sequence, nor does it involve a change, and nor does involve time! Rather, the creative act of God is instantaneous "Be", it is one single Act (all at once), and it is in a Now which is eternally present.

Sorry 1 more thing

Salam.

Could u give examples of Jamali or Jalli names please, thank.

Could u give examples of Jamali or Jalli names please, thank.

You would first need to ask the respected brother what his source is before heeding to such spiritual/practical advice.  As a general rule spiritual counsels given so readily online (on forums such as this one) should be taken with a grain of salt (and this itself is still a bit too generous).   

You would first need to ask the respected brother what his source is before heeding to such spiritual/practical advice.  As a general rule spiritual counsels given so readily online (on forums such as this one) should be taken with a grain of salt (and this itself is still a bit too generous).   

i have already come across this theory by many scholars, whom provide the sources for me. for example Sayed Ali Abbas Razawi quoting and using the teachings of Ayatuallah Behjat. so I don't need his Sources as I already know the sources myself. 

I would like to introduce you to a paradox (Draygomb's)Definitions:God is defined as The Conscious First Cause – ( Thomas Acquinas)The First Cause is That which caused Time.Consciousness is that which lets one make a decision.A Decision is the action of changing one’s mind from undecided to decided.Time is the measure of change.Premises:Something which is caused can't be required by that which causes it.Conclusions:Time is required for Change.A Decision is a Change.Decisions require Time.Consciousness can't let one make a decision without Time.Consciousness requires Time.God is Conscious.God requires Time.God can't be the cause of Time if God requires Time.God isn't the cause of Time.God isn't The First Cause.?Wslm.*

Salam

The given definition for consciousness is actually a temporal/human consciousness, not the divine. The Divine consciousness can be understood more properly as some kind of transcendental self-awareness that does not necessarily involves time, nor space.

Ws

(bismillah)

(salam)

I hate to be this blunt but there is a serious flaw in your way of thinking about God and His creation. You are presupposing an essentially mechanistic (and therefore deistic) worldview.

You are presupposing a mechanistic model of creation because you are wrongly presuming that (in the creative act) God makes a thing into what it is. According to you, things are what they are because they have been arranged and organized into what they are (like the way a potter makes clay pots out of earth and water, or the way a watch maker designs a watch by organizing its parts). The fact is that God does not create by making a thing into what it is, but rather He creates simply by giving a thing (which exists eternally in His knowledge) existence. An apple was not created by being made into an apple. An apple was created simply by receiving existence. (I hope you are able to understand the difference). The proof for this is in the Quranic verse, "When God desires a thing, He says to it, 'Be' and it is!". So, the creation is not essentially atomic. Atoms do not "make up" the things of the world! God did not create things atomically. To be sure, each thing has the potential to be divisible into atoms, but this does not mean that atoms constitute a thing (nor does this mean that atoms make a thing what it is!). The whole is what is real and actual, not its potential parts! Please bear that in mind. To say that God created atomically (or that He created a thing into what it is) is to say, perforce, that God time bound. The reason for this is that the process of a thing becoming into what it is involves time, sequence, and change. The Creative act of God does not occur in any sequence, nor does it involve a change, and nor does involve time! Rather, the creative act of God is instantaneous "Be", it is one single Act (all at once), and it is in a Now which is eternally present.

You misunderstood everything I've been saying. Look at post #14, my reply to Ali Askari. I know everything you are accusing me of, but I'm telling you: it's not true.

"Verily We created man from a product of wet earth;

Then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging;

Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!" -Quran 23:12-14

^ I don't read this passage and conclude that God "works" in time, and takes time to do things, as you or I would take time to do something. Nor I do conclude that God, the Glorified, is bound by the framework of the universe and atoms to work with, taking the atoms and creating things like butterflies, doing this over a period of time, the way I would assemble a toy air plane. I mean, look at the past tense verbs God, the Glorified, uses-- maybe you should also go and correct

C'mon man.

And I especially love your line about my "deistic" view. I don't know a Muslim, including me, who accepts Islam AND rejects the Quran.

I think post #14 should clear things up.

Imam Sajjad(as)'s Dua of Monday:

"

Praise belongs to God,

who allowed none to witness

when He created the heavens and the earth,

and who took no helper

when He authored the spirits!"

Does anyone accuse him of what you accused me of? Look at the verbs, he used, "authored" and "created," which are both in past tense, implying God, the Glorified, is time-bound?!?! or using the word "when." C'mon man

When I wrote it's just a bunch of atoms, legos, I was talking about how one should look at things the way they are: realizing that this universe is a creation-- essentially "seeing God everywhere I look." (Given how you misunderstood other things I said, I  should also note that I do NOT believe I can literally "see" God, the Glorified.)

The design of electrons. The design of atoms. The inner workings of atoms. The inner workings of protons.  How the atoms interact with each other. God decided all that, even empty space. Looking at these things and seeing organization is proof they had a Designer. "When" Allah swt created the atoms and their inner workings, He knew the various ways they can assemble (see post 14).

Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators! Quran 23:14

Looking at a human being and marvelling at the way the atoms are arranged IS marvelling at God's work. Marvel of engineering upon a marvel of engineering.

The whole point of the thread was pointing out that God IS NOT time-bound; look at the title. You quoted a later post, did you even read the very first?

C'mon man.

You know how you can look at a car and say, "wow, a marvel of engineering." Or "I am 100% sure this arrangement of atoms (car, house, Egyptian pyramids etc) could only be arranged this way if intelligence played a role." Socks and pens fall in this category.

Look at your lungs, heart and liver. Arrangements of atoms. The proof is in the pudding- people who need liver donations. A liver is just an arrangement of atoms. Yet it is arranged in such a way that no chemist or biologist can arrange atoms in a similar way-- so they have to go find an already existing arrangement of atoms for the person.

While still a developing science, stem cell research is already making it possible to "regrow" many parts of the body.

Time and Space only exist in our present form.  Once we die, the veils will be lifted from our eyes and we will be exposed to the true reality of everything.

There are many concepts in Islam which indicate that time will cease to exist after we die.  IMHO, heaven is said to exist for eternity because we as humans do not have any idea of how to think when not bound by the restriction of time.  We are used to thinking linearly only as we are bound by space time!

While still a developing science, stem cell research is already making it possible to "regrow" many parts of the body.

Time and Space only exist in our present form.  Once we die, the veils will be lifted from our eyes and we will be exposed to the true reality of everything.

There are many concepts in Islam which indicate that time will cease to exist after we die.  IMHO, heaven is said to exist for eternity because we as humans do not have any idea of how to think when not bound by the restriction of time.  We are used to thinking linearly only as we are bound by space time!

Yeah, and it's proof that it takes intelligence to grow something like that.

I do agree that the mindset will be different in Heaven. No one is whispering in your ear in Heaven. No such thing as jealousy or B Felony.

I'm not sure I agree with you on time after this world. After all, you can say in Heaven, "I just ate some chocolate and I want to eat chicken later." I think time would just never have an end to it like it will end in this world.

(salam)

OK, thuglife...I do like your post...but:

Imagine this:

Your consciencous is imbedded in a surface rock on the dark side of the Moon (that side that never faces the Earth).

So as you obliviously revolve around the Earth, the only thing that happens in your "world" is (Sun) light on--light off.

On and Off

That is all.

What do you conclude about anything?

Salam

Well this would already be decided by God, the Glorified. Only 2 species have free-will, and only 3 have intelligence like we do. I wouldn't have free-will, I would just be programmed to do as Allah swt wants me to do. Like how the hands speak on the Day of Judgement.

(bismillah)

(salam)

As long as you agree that things are not made up of atoms then fine.  You agree that things are not made up of atoms right?

May peace and blessings be upon you and your family.

I don't know what you're trying to say, but my beliefs are in line with the ahlulbait, may pece and blessings be upon them. You're looking for a fight where there is none.

Peace.

May peace and blessings be upon you and your family.

I don't know what you're trying to say, but my beliefs are in line with the ahlulbait, may pece and blessings be upon them. You're looking for a fight where there is none.

Peace.

If you don't know what I am trying to say then you cannot judge whether or not I am just looking for fight..  

:) 

If you don't know what I am trying to say then you cannot judge whether or not I am just looking for fight..  

:)

You are looking for one. You made accusations about my beliefs that can easily be disputed by my very first post. I pointed this out, and you thought you should come at me again, this time with a question about atoms that even someone else here found incomprehensible. I explained my opinion thoroughly. This World is a creation of Allah swt. Once again: the atoms, the inner workings and organization within atoms, the way they interact with each other, empty space, space-time-- Allah swt invented/designed/created all that. If this universe was never created, meaning atoms and space-time do not exist,, Allah, the Glorified, would still exist.

Please look at your intentions and the state of your heart. Perhaps it hurt you that someone was saying insightful things, and you just had to interject to bring them down. Is it against Islam to jump straight to an opinion without looking at everything first, like you did.My fellow Muslim, please, look hard at what is motivating you here in all your interactions with me.

Eid Mubarak. Peace.

Please look at your intentions and the state of your heart. Perhaps it hurt you that someone was saying insightful things, and you just had to interject to bring them down. 

Or perhaps you are thinking too much of yourself by thinking that way?  Think.  

I'm going by others' opinions. Like the one who called my post "epic." Notice how you can't refute anything I've said.

http://www.al-islam.org/forty-hadith-an-exposition-second-edition-imam-khomeini/fifth-hadith-envy-hasad#kinds-hasad

In order for your point to be valid it would be required that everyone genuinely think that your post was "epic" (including myself).

But nice try.  

Now, there is no need to feel bad.  Just accept that some people (like myself) will strongly disagree with what you are saying (not out of enmity but) because they truly think you are making fundamental errors.  

Ma'salama

Ethereal 

In order for your point to be valid it would be required that everyone genuinely think that your post was "epic" (including myself).

But nice try.  

Now, there is no need to feel bad.  Just accept that some people (like myself) will strongly disagree with what you are saying (not out of enmity but) because they truly think you are making fundamental errors.  

Ma'salama

Ethereal 

1) There's rarely 100% consensus on anything, even MVP voting in professional sports. Imam Ali as said you can't be everything to everyone. 2) Where exactly are my "fundamental errors?" I mean, I think I know what's going on here

9r68nt.jpg Or Perhaps Borderline Personality Disorder.

I wish peace, blessings and good mental health, be upon you and your family.

So at NO point in time did your God create time?

Guess your God must not have created time then.

Think about your question: if there was "a point in time" when God created time, then time already exists-- how could one create something that already exists?

You're not thinking big enough.

Think critically about this: If time started 10 days ago, there would be no such thing as "11 days ago." It only goes back 10 days. So at the very first point, someone started the stop watch at 0:00, so to speak (this is true for this universe, only the starting point was 14 billion years ago).

What about "before" that starting point? To use the word "before" is to look at things through the concept of time. Time must exist for the question "what was there before the 0:00?" to be rational. It's irrational to ask (although you should) what about "before" time.

So for you to ask "So at NO point in time did your God create time?" means you're not comprehending what that other guy and me are saying. So time would already be existing for there to be "a point in time" when God created time???

^^ Think about it: God's existence is different from ours. We exist in this world, bound by time and space. God, the Glorified, who created it, wouldn't be subject to it.

You're thinking that: If God exists, then God is subject to the rules of this universe, bound by space and time, like me. Not true.

God creating/designing is not like us doing it. God, the Glorified is in the future just as much as the past, just as much as the present. Can you think of one thing we can do that is not bound by time? No. Even thinking happens over a period of time. But not for Allah swt. It's a different form of existence, unique to Allah swt.

I would like to introduce you to a paradox (Draygomb's)

Definitions:

God is defined as The Conscious First Cause – ( Thomas Acquinas)

The First Cause is That which caused Time.

Consciousness is that which lets one make a decision.

A Decision is the action of changing one’s mind from undecided to decided.

Time is the measure of change.

Premises:

Something which is caused can't be required by that which causes it.

Conclusions:

Time is required for Change.

A Decision is a Change.

Decisions require Time.

Consciousness can't let one make a decision without Time.

Consciousness requires Time.

God is Conscious.

God requires Time.

God can't be the cause of Time if God requires Time.

God isn't the cause of Time.

God isn't The First Cause.

?

Wslm.

Salams,

What has decision making got to do with God? even human consciousness doesnt create entirely through decision. Do you decide to have all your thoughts? in my experience, the mind can create a thought without any decision making process taking place - it simply appears and it is already born into the world. If human beings can experience creating without decision making, why would you assume every or any creation from God (including time) would be born out of decision making?

Salam friends,

What I think is that, time is only path towards change/destruction/end, "KULLU NAFSIN ZAIKATUL MAUT" (ALE-IMRAN:185) 

If I remember correctly, I read it in Nahjul Balagha, that everything is going towards their destruction.

Lets say, there would be no change (day/night) or end, we would live forever (don't die with hunger or due to old age so on.), we would just laid down for forever. There would be no life, and no concept of time ???.

Path to end/destruction is called time.

So, the thing, which is exempt from change/destruction/end, is God (Allah the Great and Merciful), "time" can't be applied to him, as there is no change/destruction/end in him. (again; I think, I read this statement in Nahjul Balagha, and completely makes sense)