Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Envir-Islam

Hockey?!

Rate this topic

Big hockey fan here.

My favorite teams are Vancouver and Ottawa.

Favorite current players? Roberto Luongo, Daniel Sedin, PK Subban, Daniel Alfredsson, Nazem Kadri.

Favorite player of all time would have to be Pavel Bure, he's what made me a hockey fan many years ago.

Always wanted to play hockey but parents were too cheap to put me in it, had to play soccer.

Go skating indoors now and then, better then most people who don't play hockey, but never did anything outside of a backyard rink.

Do you watch and/or play?

Who is your favorite team? Who is your favorite hockey player?

I watch! My team is the caps! And I love Alexander Ovechkin! 8D

I used to live in DC so I have liked the Capitals for most of my life.

But I also have a soft spot for the Red Wings because of the time I lived in Detroit and Dearborn. The only hockey game I ever went was a Red Wings game at Joe Louis Arena. A playoff game against the Ducks. Great game; Wings won it in overtime.

(salam)

I'm not a big fan, but I like to support my team #GoHabsGo !

I also like the Vancouver Canucks .

Canada fails at hockey.

Canada DOES NOT fail at hockey. 

I'm with Vancouver and Toronto!

No stanley cup championships since 1993.

That's 20 years since a Canadian team won the stanley cup.

And hockey is a RELIGION in Canada, which makes it all the more pathetic.

Here are a list of teams that won the Stanley Cup championship since then whose people probably didn't even notice:

- Dallas Stars (1999)

- Tampa Bay Lightning (2004)

- Carolina Hurricanes (2006)

Nobody in Dallas, Tampa Bay, or Raleigh knows anything of this. That's the irony of it all: the Canadians up in Canada are watching these teams win, and the people in these teams' own cities have no idea.

^Actually the percentage of Canadian players in the NHL is still just over 50% , that means more than half the league's players are Canadian lol.  They just happen to be playing for American city teams.

Also, most of the NHL championship teams had majority Canadian players I think.  If you check out the total number of Canadian players and the stats they contributed since the NHL started, Canadians still dominate:

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

However, the Canadian dominance has reduced drastically. 

^Actually the percentage of Canadian players in the NHL is still just over 50% , that means more than half the league's players are Canadian lol.  They just happen to be playing for American city teams.

Also, most of the NHL championship teams had majority Canadian players I think.  If you check out the total number of Canadian players and the stats they contributed since the NHL started, Canadians still dominate:

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

However, the Canadian dominance has reduced drastically. 

ITA -   However, Canadians playing for Canada in the Olympics definitely proved their dominance in talent and play - no reduction.  

The only reason the American NHL teams win is because they bought foreign players (not just Canadian) with advanced $$$ power - so in essence bought the Stanley Cup…year after year and pretend it is due to American talent.  What else is new...

My favourite teams are Vancouver and Toronto!

No stanley cup championships since 1993.

That's 20 years since a Canadian team won the stanley cup.

And hockey is a RELIGION in Canada, which makes it all the more pathetic.

Here are a list of teams that won the Stanley Cup championship since then whose people probably didn't even notice:

- Dallas Stars (1999)

- Tampa Bay Lightning (2004)

- Carolina Hurricanes (2006)

Nobody in Dallas, Tampa Bay, or Raleigh knows anything of this. That's the irony of it all: the Canadians up in Canada are watching these teams win, and the people in these teams' own cities have no idea.

2014 Winter Olympics:

Gold Medal game: Canada 3-0 Sweden

Bronze Medal Game: Finland 5-0 U.S.A