Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Does Iran Persecute Baha'is?

Rate this topic

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By Iran's logic, Christians should persecute us, because according to them, we follow a false prophet.

In any religious conflict, the minority is almost always labelled as a cult or spy of a rival nation. For 100 years the shia in Afghanistan were deemed as cult followers and spies of Iran. The sunni A

The fact that other persecute minorities doesn't justify Iran doing so.

• Advanced Member

I believe Iran is too lenient on the bahai Kuffar. They should call them to accept Islam if they dont then they should launch a Jihad against them since they are not Ahl al Dhimma (People of the book who pay Jizya). Rhis is what Allah(swt) has ordered in the Quran.

(wasalam)

Hindus, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, etc are non ahlul kitab kuffars, but they aren't persecuted. Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, etc aren't recognized as a legitimate minority in Iran, but they aren't persecuted. They have temples and are basically free to practice their own religion without government interference (as long as they don't proselytize, which they don't anyways).

The reason, I think, that the government persecuted Baha'i's is because they believe in a prophet after Muhammad (pbuh). It is a threat to Islam. If someone becomes a Christian, Jew, Zoroastrian, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, or whatever else, whatever. They go from Islam to being a kuffar. But with Baha'i'ism it's different. It's a threat to the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh). The government is afraid of the Baha'i's.

Edited by Ismi_Zayn

There is not a country in the world where a minority isn't persecuted. In Canada, it's the Aboriginals who want to govern themselves [they have protested a lot lately]. In Pakistan, Hindus and Christians are usually left with the dirty jobs [i.e. sewer cleaning] of the country. In India, Muslims are widely persecuted in Hindu majority areas. In Iran, it just so happens that Baha'is are frowned upon in their society.

But it's the propaganda that comes into play when the enemies of a country wants them to look like oppressors, instead of pointing out the pros of IRI they find the minor cons of IRI. You can't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

But it's the propaganda that comes into play when the enemies of a country wants them to look like oppressors, instead of pointing out the pros of IRI they find the minor cons of IRI. You can't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Personally, I hold Iran to a higher standard. They should be setting an example for the rest of the world to follow. The enemies of Iran will use it's faults against it, so Iran needs to correct those faults. My loyalties lie with Iran no matter how they treat the Baha'i's, but I still think that they should leave them alone. Set a good example. :)

.قل يا أيها الكافرون لا أعبد ما تعبدون ولا أنتم عابدون ما أعبد ولا أنا عابد ما عبدتم ولا أنتم عابدون ما أعبد لكم دينكم ولي دين [surah kafiroon]

Edited by Ismi_Zayn
  • Advanced Member

Iran's government is insecure, just like other places like North Korea, Saudi, etc., it just hides behind it's interpretation of "religion" to justify it.

There is no such thing as religious freedom unless you are a Shia with similar beliefs as the conservative government.

Such suffocating environments never prosper, they usually die a slow death.

• Veteran Member

Iran's government is insecure, just like other places like North Korea, Saudi, etc., it just hides behind it's interpretation of "religion" to justify it.

There is no such thing as religious freedom unless you are a Shia with similar beliefs as the conservative government.

Such suffocating environments never prosper, they usually die a slow death.

That's a pretty silly thing to say, jews christians and zoroastrians are recognized by the constitution and have seats in parliament.

• Advanced Member
That's a pretty silly thing to say, jews christians and zoroastrians are recognized by the constitution and have seats in parliament.

Hollow seats with no power for show.

Ayatollah Ahmed Jannati, chairman of the Council of Guardians of the Constitution, said that Zoroastrians and other religious minorities are "sinful animals who roam the earth and engage in corruption."

This week:

Iran confiscates Buddha statues in crackdown on 'cultural invasion'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/17/iran-confiscates-buddha-statues

• Advanced Member

Ayatollah Ahmed Jannati, chairman of the Council of Guardians of the Constitution, said that Zoroastrians and other religious minorities are "sinful animals who roam the earth and engage in corruption."

This week:

http://www.guardian....-buddha-statues

I don't kinow how credible it is, but the pro-IRI will be quick to call it an enemy newspaper. For them, the only credible source is the Iranian regime media.

This week:

http://www.guardian....-buddha-statues

Whats wrong with that?

( From an Islamic perspective)

1. They claim that Báb is the Qaym and Bahá'u'lláh is a prophet after prophet Mohamed

2. They have been accused of being collaborators and tools of zionists

Their "Universal House of Justice is the supreme governing institution of the Bahá'í Faith", is located in occupied Palestine:

Seat_of_the_House_of_Justice.jpg

Why haven't they used their "universal justice" and closeness to the zionist regime, to end persecution of Christians and Muslims in their patron's controlled areas? And maybe also give ( local / native / indigenous) Palestinians their land back and also access to higher education?

(wasalam)

Edited by peace seeker
  • Advanced Member

Robin Hood according to the Quran the Muslims should fight the disbelievers till they accept Islam or if they are Ahlul Kitab (Christians and Jews) they should pay the Jizya. The Bahais should either accept Islam or be killed, except for their women and children which are divided as slaves among the mujahideen. The elderly and non combatants are also spared.

The Bahais apart from being Kuffar are an enemy of Islam and they have allied themselves with the enemies of Iran like Israel, USA and UK.

• Advanced Member
I don't kinow how credible it is, but the pro-IRI will be quick to call it an enemy newspaper. For them, the only credible source is the Iranian regime media.

That's why many journalists are thrown in jail for reporting or critisizing certain elements of the government.

Whats wrong with that?

( From an Islamic perspective)

Nothing would be wrong if:

1) Certain Muslims stop lying that there is religious freedom in Iran

And

2) Stop complaining when their own religious freedom is restricted to a degree in other countries, it's hypocrisy.

The Bahais should either accept Islam or be killed

And these are the type of nutcases roaming around in Iranian government.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

I think Bahaism is not recognized because it was recently made-up and Iran doesn't recognize it as an actual religion, at least not yet.

And there are people of all faiths 'persecuted' if they're involved in criminal activities, not just Bahais. The fact that they have headquarters in Israel, it's very possible they're doing Israel's bidding in Iran and are caught.

• Advanced Member

Ugly jinn so according to you the verses of the Quran the ahadeeth and sayings of the Imams(as) and the scholars like Sayyid al Khoei, Sayyid Rohani and others who have this view are "nutcases" of the Iranian Government? lol its pacifist secular kufr loving Muslims like you that have let down Islam. Changing and twisting all the ahkaam of Shari'a to please the kuffar and mushrikeen.

• Advanced Member

Sayyid al Khoei's Kitab al Jihad from Minhaaj as Saaliheen, pg 360 and onwards:

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/723_منهاج-الصالحين-السيد-الخوئي-ج-١/الصفحة_0?pageno=360#top

Sayyid M Sadiq Rohani, Fiqh as Sadiq, Kitab al Jihad (13).

http://gadir.free.fr/sadik/fokh/13/index.htm

They both agree on the obligation of jihad as it is something established by the numerous ayaat in the Quran and many ahadeeth.

They both say Jihad is done against the Kuffar of the Ahlul Kitab till they accept Islam or pay the jizya and against the non-Kitabis till they accept Islam or are killed. (But they are only repeating what the clear ayaat in the Quran say). So your real problem is against the Quran because it doesnt coform with your secular influenced views.

Nothing would be wrong if:

1) Certain Muslims stop lying that there is religious freedom in Iran

And

2) Stop complaining when their own religious freedom is restricted to a degree in other countries, it's hypocrisy.

And these are the type of nutcases roaming around in Iranian government.

That's why many journalists are thrown in jail for reporting or critisizing certain elements of the government.

Journalists are thrown in jail if they lie or cause fitnah. They aren't immune to the law just because they are journalists.

Certain Muslims stop lying that there is religious freedom in Iran

Of course there is, but there are also laws for it. Secondly, Baha'i is not considered a religion from Islamic standpoint.

Stop complaining when their own religious freedom is restricted to a degree in other countries, it's hypocrisy.

True, can't say i disagree.

• Advanced Member

1. They claim that Báb is the Qaym and Bahá'u'lláh is a prophet after prophet Mohamed

2. They have been accused of being collaborators and tools of zionists

Their "Universal House of Justice is the supreme governing institution of the Bahá'í Faith", is located in occupied Palestine:

Seat_of_the_House_of_Justice.jpg

Why haven't they used their "universal justice" and closeness to the zionist regime, to end persecution of Christians and Muslims in their patron's controlled areas? And maybe also give ( local / native / indigenous) Palestinians their land back and also access to higher education?

(wasalam)

It was built long before Israel came into existence.

Robin, Ali Abdullah 313 has pretty much summed it up in his post.

Sayyid al Khoei's Kitab al Jihad from Minhaaj as Saaliheen, pg 360 and onwards:

http://shiaonlinelib...?pageno=360#top

Sayyid M Sadiq Rohani, Fiqh as Sadiq, Kitab al Jihad (13).

http://gadir.free.fr...kh/13/index.htm

They both agree on the obligation of jihad as it is something established by the numerous ayaat in the Quran and many ahadeeth.

They both say Jihad is done against the Kuffar of the Ahlul Kitab till they accept Islam or pay the jizya and against the non-Kitabis till they accept Islam or are killed. (But they are only repeating what the clear ayaat in the Quran say). So your real problem is against the Quran because it doesnt coform with your secular influenced views.

What are your thoughts on it?

Edited by Naruto

The building is not important, the institution was official in 1963, so no.......

The Universal House of Justice is the supreme governing institution of the Bahá'í Faith. It is a legislative institution with the authority to supplement and apply the laws of Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, and exercises a judicial function as the highest appellate institution in the Bahá'í administration. The institution was defined in the writings of Bahá'u'lláh and `Abdu'l-Bahá, Bahá'u'lláh's successor, and was officially established in 1963 as the culmination of the Ten Year Crusade, an international Bahá'í teaching plan.[1]
  • Advanced Member

Robin Hood according to the Quran the Muslims should fight the disbelievers till they accept Islam or if they are Ahlul Kitab (Christians and Jews) they should pay the Jizya. The Bahais should either accept Islam or be killed, except for their women and children which are divided as slaves among the mujahideen. The elderly and non combatants are also spared.

The Bahais apart from being Kuffar are an enemy of Islam and they have allied themselves with the enemies of Iran like Israel, USA and UK.

Tell me which verses state so.

Robin, Ali Abdullah 313 has pretty much summed it up in his post.

What are your thoughts on it?

Isn't jihad to spread Islam something only a ma'soum can do?

The building is not important, the institution was official in 1963, so no.......

Many Sunnis political and religious leaders collaborate with Israel, should we kill Sunnis too?

Tell me which verses state so.

Isn't jihad to spread Islam something only a ma'soum can do?

Good point. Offensive Jihad can only be initiated with a Imam (as) present, but now, that leaves me confused as to how the non-Ahlul Kitabi Kuffar are supposed to be dealt with if they are in a Shari'ah state.

Edited by Naruto
  • Advanced Member

Good point. Offensive Jihad can only be initiated with a Imam (as) present, but now, that leaves me confused as to how the non-Ahlul Kitabi Kuffar are supposed to be dealt with if they are in a Shari'ah state.

I don't know. But when it comes to life and death, I prefer to leave it to a ma'soum.

Maybe non-kitabis can be given the right of worship, but without having the right to vote, or maybe they should be treated equally to other citizens. Don't forget that when the Qur'an instructed stuff like jizya, the Prophet, who was a hujjah for non-Muslims, was around. No, there's no visible hujjah.