Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Robin Hood

Why Does Iran Persecute Baha'is?

Rate this topic

People here are really narrow-minded. They think Islam is a terrorist and barbaric religion that allows some religions only and hates others. It means that Mughal Emperors must had banned Hinduism in India. Man, why don't you know that Islam allows all kinds of religions? Islam is a peaceful religion. 

Only the Ahlul-Kitab (Judiasm, Christianity, Islam) is given any recognition or legitimacy in the Qur'an.  Anything else is not.

Sorry. 

Gotta love the nonsense that comes from the IRI-worshippers.

First of all, persecution of the Baha'is is because the government is afraid of them.

Secondly. The Baha'is are a religious group; not a political. When you claim that all non Sunni/Shia sects are political parties instead of religions, you sound like brain dead conspiracy theorists, which, I guess, is what you are.

Thirdly, the reason the Bahai faith is in Israel is because Iran killed all of the Baha'is and Israel took them in. Connect the dots? Oh yeah. If you kill all of my tribe and your enemy takes me in, I guess it's my fault; not yours. Genius.

Fourthly, until Iran stops killing/persecuting religious and political minorities, I will not have a shred of respect for the government. Stop acting like it is an Islamic government because it isn't. No Islamic government would kill of arrest every last political opponent in the country.

If I get banned for this post, it goes to show how intolerant the Iranian hijacked Shia faith is. I want a dialogue but it seems that those that have come before me have either been banned or ganged up on and bullied off the site.

First of all, persecution of the Baha'is is because the government is afraid of them.

Secondly. The Baha'is are a religious group; not a political. When you claim that all non Sunni/Shia sects are political parties instead of religions, you sound like brain dead conspiracy theorists, which, I guess, is what you are.

Thirdly, the reason the Bahai faith is in Israel is because Iran killed all of the Baha'is and Israel took them in. Connect the dots? Oh yeah. If you kill all of my tribe and your enemy takes me in, I guess it's my fault; not yours. Genius.

Fourthly, until Iran stops killing/persecuting religious and political minorities, I will not have a shred of respect for the government. Stop acting like it is an Islamic government because it isn't. No Islamic government would kill of arrest every last political opponent in the country.

If I get banned for this post, it goes to show how intolerant the Iranian hijacked Shia faith is. I want a dialogue but it seems that those that have come before me have either been banned or ganged up on and bullied off the site.

So are you Bahai here?

Only the Ahlul-Kitab (Judiasm, Christianity, Islam) is given any recognition or legitimacy in the Qur'an.  Anything else is not.

Sorry. 

No, Qur'an nowhere says that only those religions are legitimate. Because those religions were present in Arabia, they were mentioned. 

No, Qur'an nowhere says that only those religions are legitimate. Because those religions were present in Arabia, they were mentioned. 

No, it's because they are the only religions that contain God's original prophets exclusively. 

No, it's because they are the only religions that contain God's original prophets exclusively. 

That can be it. But that doesn't mean that all other people must be banned or killed. There's no mentioning on Sikhism or Hinduism in Qur'an but Sikhs and Hindus are allowed to practice their faiths openly in our lands. Same goes with Jain and Buddhist people.

You really enjoy saying nonsense, don't you?

Iran killing all the Bahais? Seriously?

Listen... the fact that the Bahai religion is not officially recognized does not mean that people or the government are free to kill Bahais. It simply means they do not get Parliament representation, government funding, or their own schools, etc.

There are a lot of Bahais living in Iran and are not persecuted in any way. My grandparents have Bahai neighbors, and they live in a big house that probably you or I would never dream of living in.

Get over yourself and over your nonsense false beliefs.

OP: because they have nothing better to do! Go figure why? Maybe because the capital of Bahai religion is Israel and their chaching Bahaullah is buried in TelAviv. Only a donkey won't connect the dots :) :) :)

Then let's ban Judaism since Israel is the Jewish state.

BTW, Israel didn't exit when Baha'ism was founded.

You really enjoy saying nonsense, don't you?

Iran killing all the Bahais? Seriously?

Listen... the fact that the Bahai religion is not officially recognized does not mean that people or the government are free to kill Bahais. It simply means they do not get Parliament representation, government funding, or their own schools, etc.

There are a lot of Bahais living in Iran and are not persecuted in any way. My grandparents have Bahai neighbors, and they live in a big house that probably you or I would never dream of living in.

Get over yourself and over your nonsense false beliefs.

Barring them from university is not persecution?

If I remember correctly the Baha'is went to Jerusalem when, and because, they were being persecuted in other places.

Judiasm is an Ahlul-Kitab religion recognized by the Qu'ran.  Any Islamic nation must recognize it.  Last time I checked, Baha'ism was not. 

Bahai's aren't "barred" from university anymore than Scientologists or followers of Jedi.  It's not recongized as a religion, and therefere not a recognized social identity to be used in the public domain (ie universities, etc).  Because it is an Islamic state, and only Ahlul-Kitab religions are recognized.  Any individual can enter a university, but you cannot do so as a representative of XYZ unrecognized religion in a PUBLIC university, which follows the law of the land.  The person can come in, but not the religion. 

If you don't like it, then there are many areas of the world where ANY identity is publically acceptable (queer, Pagan, etc).  If that's how you like it,

Edited by magma

They aren't barred from university, they have to check off their Deen and the choices are Islam, Christianity, Judasim and Zoroastian, they refuse to check off on any of them. Those that do are going to the university as we speak. 

If I remember correctly the Baha'is went to Jerusalem when, and because, they were being persecuted in other places.

You remember wrong, they went there long before they were persecuted and made a pretty firm and solid relationship with the illegitimate government of Israel. Where do you think they get all their funding from?

In the history of Israel, Israel has never given any land and property to anyone, yet they somehow feel obliged to give this:

Israel%2BHaifa%2BBahai%2BGdns.jpg

To the bahais. You should be able to figure it out if you put 2 and 2 together. 

In the history of Israel, Israel has never given any land and property to anyone, yet they somehow feel obliged to give this:

Greetings repenter,

Why do you say, 'gave'?  Was the land not purchased, as anyone would purchase land?  As the Jews purchased land as they returned to palestine? (I am speaking of prior to the creation of the state of Israel after WWII)

and I guess I'm not so good at the adding because I don't know what you are getting at by the 2 + 2.

Salaam,

CLynn

They aren't barred from university, they have to check off their Deen and the choices are Islam, Christianity, Judasim and Zoroastian, they refuse to check off on any of them. Those that do are going to the university as we speak. 

Curious... what you would do if you lived in a country where you could only go to university by claiming Christianity, Buddhism, or Judaism?  What if Islam was not a choice?  Would you be attending university?

Salaam.

Edited by CLynn

Greetings repenter,

Why do you say, 'gave'?  Was the land not purchased, as anyone would purchase land?  As the Jews purchased land as they returned to palestine? (I am speaking of prior to the creation of the state of Israel after WWII)

and I guess I'm not so good at the adding because I don't know what you are getting at by the 2 + 2.

Salaam,

CLynn

Curious... what you would do if you lived in a country where you could only go to university by claiming Christianity, Buddhism, or Judaism?  What if Islam was not a choice?  Would you be attending university?

Salaam.

Because Israel doesn't sell its land to anyone. And do you know how many millions you have to have to purchase such a land at haifa on that cliff? The Bahais where not that many to muster up such an amount. 

I won't comment on how "jews" "purchased" land prior to Israel. Your addition skills aren't bad, but your historical perspective is wickedly one sided. Makes it hard for someone to do calculation if you only know one side. 

Salaam.

If it's a country that has as a people decided that they only want those people in university then that is their choice and fair. I would either not go to univ, move or put Judaism. Depending on the situation. 

Edited by repenter

Salaam.

If it's a country that has as a people decided that they only want those people in university then that is their choice and fair. I would either not go to univ, move or put Judaism. Depending on the situation. 

Greetings repenter,

"If it's a country that has as a people decided that they only want those people in university then that is their choice and fair. I would either not go to univ, move or put Judaism. Depending on the situation."

and you really think you'd be ok with that?  Is it really fair?  Even if your family has lived there for generations before such restrictions were ever imposed?  You wouldn't want to try and change the system?

Salaam.

(salam)

Are you saying that it would be fair if the government of a country implements any kinds of laws, if the majority approves it?  

e.g. In countries where shias are a minority. lets say Pakistan. If there was a vote to ban shia religion being practiced in Pakistan and the majority agrees with it. Then would u accept that as being fair, if Pakistan then banned Shia Islam?

(wasalam)

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

I think they welcome the Bahai's because the Bahai's are a peaceful faith, and it is similar to Judaism, is it not?

I pulled up some of my earlier notes about the Bahai faith...as follows...

combined with some research I was doing about Malaysia and the Baha'i faith... anyway...

If there are thousands of prophets, and Allah always has a 'representative on earth'...

With all these 'prophets'...

With all this 'guidance' that has gone out into the world...

Why then do you suppose the world is so divided?  Where are all these prophets... these guiders of humanity... and why are they not all in agreement with one another?

Is it right to discount one religion over another... or to insist on one over the other?

"Bahai Faith is a religion in the beginning and the Baha’u’llah is the manifestation of God just like Lord Krishna and Jesus Christ ..."

Baha'i faith is meant to be about the unity of man... love... and the oneness of humanity.

Is it right to discount this Baha'u'llah(which bears striking similarity to the word Allah), or Krishna, or Yahshua, or Buddha... or any of the others who have come to guide?

Or is it more likely correct the forewarning that Yahshua gave, that many false prophets would go out into the world?

Who is the true prophet and guidance... the Word of God... the way, the Truth, and the life.

--- end of notes

Edited by CLynn

(salam)

Are you saying that it would be fair if the government of a country implements any kinds of laws, if the majority approves it?  

e.g. In countries where shias are a minority. lets say Pakistan. If there was a vote to ban shia religion being practiced in Pakistan and the majority agrees with it. Then would u accept that as being fair, if Pakistan then banned Shia Islam?

(wasalam)

There is no such thing as shia religion. Muslim is muslim as the definition of being a muslim is saying the shahadaa. 

So your point is invalid. 

And the point is not whether or not i like it, it's about 999 people deciding how they want their education system to work. the remaining 1 dude can't change that just because he thinks it should have been different. 

And the point is not whether or not i like it, it's about 999 people deciding how they want their education system to work. the remaining 1 dude can't change that just because he thinks it should have been different. 

This excerpt from thoreau makes a good point i guess.

'After all, the practical reason why, when the power is once in the hands of the people, a majority are permitted, and for a long period continue, to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest. But a government in which the majority rule in all cases can not be based on justice, even as far as men understand it. Can there not be a government in which the majorities do not virtually decide right and wrong, but conscience?--in which majorities decide only those questions to which the rule of expediency is applicable? Must the citizen ever for a moment, or in the least degree, resign his conscience to the legislator? Why has every man a conscience then? I think that we should be men first, and subjects afterward. It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.'

education makes people better and in today's world and within the context of modern states its a right. Denying or preventing education from one's own citizens for any reason is simply unjust. 

education makes people better and in today's world and within the context of modern states its a right. Denying or preventing education from one's own citizens for any reason is simply unjust. 

Nobody. is. being. denied. education.

That's the whole point.

God...

(salam)

So would IT be just even if the 999 people decides to take that 1 dude's right from getting education? 

Nobody. is. being. denied. education.

That's the whole point.

God...

Remember the hadith of Imam Ali (as), where he says that men are either your brother in Islam or your equal in humanity. 

(wasalam)

Edit: to the OP. I don't know perhaps they are kiling them because some or most of them are apostates. Which in this case, i think it is allowed in Islam. 

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

(salam)

So would IT be just even if the 999 people decides to take that 1 dude's right from getting education? 

Remember the hadith of Imam Ali (as), where he says that men are either your brother in Islam or your equal in humanity. 

(wasalam)

Edit: to the OP. I don't know perhaps they are kiling them because some or most of them are apostates. Which in this case, i think it is allowed in Islam. 

Of course. If 99% of the population believes that a certain group will have bad influence on their kids religion and way of life it is their choice and right. 

Remember the hadith of Imam Ali  (as), where he says that men are either your brother in Islam or your equal in humanity. 

You need to understand how to use hadith before you use them like this. So let's allow Satanists and Atheists in schools as well because well, they are our equal in humanity right? And they can make their fraternities  and organizations too inviting people to them, handing out flyers etc because once you allow them in there you got to give them equal rights as others right?

Edited by repenter

This excerpt from thoreau makes a good point i guess.

'After all, the practical reason why, when the power is once in the hands of the people, a majority are permitted, and for a long period continue, to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest. But a government in which the majority rule in all cases can not be based on justice, even as far as men understand it. Can there not be a government in which the majorities do not virtually decide right and wrong, but conscience?--in which majorities decide only those questions to which the rule of expediency is applicable? Must the citizen ever for a moment, or in the least degree, resign his conscience to the legislator? Why has every man a conscience then? I think that we should be men first, and subjects afterward. It is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right.'

Mark Twain offers summation of Thoreau in simple words:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect."

Of course. If 99% of the population believes that a certain group will have bad influence on their kids religion and way of life it is their choice and right. 

Remember the hadith of Imam Ali  (as), where he says that men are either your brother in Islam or your equal in humanity. 

You need to understand how to use hadith before you use them like this. So let's allow Satanists and Atheists in schools as well because well, they are our equal in humanity right? And they can make their fraternities  and organizations too inviting people to them, handing out flyers etc because once you allow them in there you got to give them equal rights as others right?

Why should anyone be denied school because of religion?  And Muslims should be able to deal with the proselytizing of other faith otherwise it means we do not have confidence in our own that our beliefs could be so easily shattered by the often lacking arguments put forth by different groups. 

Edited by Fatima Hussain

Why should anyone be denied school because of religion?  And Muslims should be able to deal with the proselytizing of other faith otherwise it means we do not have confidence in our own that our beliefs could be so easily shattered by the often lacking arguments put forth by different groups. 

Of course we(as a group) don't have enough confidence in our own belief. If we did Muslims wouldn't be so scattered and oppressed in the first place. 

But this is a question of a University, a social and academic place that is supposed to be Islamic in it's core (i do agree that the Universities themselves should work on that but that's besides the point)

Humans are easily influenced, more so than others the youth. There is a reason why it's haram to go into a Bar or mixed gatherings, even if you don't drink and dance. Does that mean it shows that your faith is weak?

Your point has many holes in it. 

Of course we(as a group) don't have enough confidence in our own belief. If we did Muslims wouldn't be so scattered and oppressed in the first place. 

But this is a question of a University, a social and academic place that is supposed to be Islamic in it's core (i do agree that the Universities themselves should work on that but that's besides the point)

Humans are easily influenced, more so than others the youth. There is a reason why it's haram to go into a Bar or mixed gatherings, even if you don't drink and dance. Does that mean it shows that your faith is weak?

Your point has many holes in it. 

I was talking in terms of belief, not practices, and I am sure you understood me.  I am talking about the freedom for other people to proselytize.  You can always ignore them.  I say no thanks when the Mormons come to my door or when Christians are handing out pamphlets.  No big deal.  And even if I were to engage them, it would not sway the belief I have in my religion.

Edited by Fatima Hussain

I was talking in terms of belief, not practices, and I am sure you understood me.  I am talking about the freedom for other people to proselytize.  You can always ignore them.  I say no thanks when the Mormons come to my door or when Christians are handing out pamphlets.  No big deal.  And even if I were to engage them, it would not sway the belief I have in my religion.

Beliefs and practices are pretty much the same thing right?  You can easily get influenced in both.  Planting only a single mustard seed of doubt, disbelief, or discord into the hearts of the youth can then grow into something malignant, soul-sapping, and uncontrollable.

Big things always start off as small things first. 

No i don't understand you, belief without practice is worthless so i don't know what you are on about. And you didn't reply to any of my points so i'm not sure how to respond to this, but brother/sister magma did so there you go. 

I don't normally agree with banning religious groups, but in this case, I agree with it. 

Bahai' are not a religion, in fact. They call themselves that, but in fact they are a cult whose main purpose is to recruit , particularly Iranians, to gather intelligence inside Iran for the CIA/Mi6/Mossad. In Southern California, where I grew up, it is well known amoung the Shia community that this is their purpose. Their main 'temple' in South Orange County is a huge palace with gold decorations on some of the most pricey real estate in all the United States, and they have a few hundred followers. So they are not a religion, but a front for intelligence gathering and that is why they are banned. They use some obscure teachings of pseudo Islam to justify their actions. I put them in the same category as the MEK led by the cursed Rajabi Shayateen, except that while the MEK terrorist use a political philosophy as their cover, Bahai' use a quasi religion as their cover.  

If there was a similar organization inside the U.S that was used for this purpose to gather intelligence for the Iranian govt, do you think the U.S govt would allow them to operate freely inside the country ? They would all be dead, deported, or in prison within a few weeks. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

I don't normally agree with banning religious groups, but in this case, I agree with it. 

Bahai' are not a religion, in fact. They call themselves that, but in fact they are a cult whose main purpose is to recruit , particularly Iranians, to gather intelligence inside Iran for the CIA/Mi6/Mossad. In Southern California, where I grew up, it is well known amoung the Shia community that this is their purpose. Their main 'temple' in South Orange County is a huge palace with gold decorations on some of the most pricey real estate in all the United States, and they have a few hundred followers. So they are not a religion, but a front for intelligence gathering and that is why they are banned. They use some obscure teachings of pseudo Islam to justify their actions. I put them in the same category as the MEK led by the cursed Rajabi Shayateen, except that while the MEK terrorist use a political philosophy as their cover, Bahai' use a quasi religion as their cover.  

If there was a similar organization inside the U.S that was used for this purpose to gather intelligence for the Iranian govt, do you think the U.S govt would allow them to operate freely inside the country ? They would all be dead, deported, or in prison within a few weeks. 

Bahais originated in around mid-nineteenth century, however outrageous and deviant their beliefs might have been, they were denounced and violently persecuted ab initio, as soon as they came into existence. I do not claim to be thoroughly acquainted with the history of Bahais and therefore don't offhandedly deny the allegations that they spy for foreign powers, but I have a theory (which is really not mine) that when people, bound together by an ideology, are excluded from society and are made to feel aliens in their own homeland, they seek refuge under the protection of whosoever is willing to offer it. The fewer their numbers the quicker this defence mechanism sets in.

Exactly the same allegations have been levelled against Ahmadiyyah. Originated in British India about the same time as Bahais, they too were vehemently denounced and persecuted from day one of their existence. Naturally they sought protection under British law in India which, so far as legal practice was concerned, treated all communities fairly, despite its policy of pitting one community against others in matters political. This was the genesis of widely held belief among Indo-Pak Muslims that Ahmadiyyah is a conspiracy of British against Islam and therefore they must be banned. Maybe Southern California Shia view about Bahais has the same reasoning behind it?

It might be of interest to the readers but there is a small community of Bahais in Pakistan (and a bigger one in India) who originally emigrated from Iran to save their lives. Pakistan today is not a country known for tolerating its non-Muslim minorities (public proselytizing is banned, running for national leadership is banned too) but interestingly the allegations against Ahmadiyyah are not extended to local Bahais. They have their temples and live normally. They are also apolitical, peaceful and a quiet community. I knew a couple of them (and through them a whole group of them) who were my college mates. Anyway the point is, the allegations of spying for CIA/Mossad perhaps do not extent outside Iran. Perhaps all Bahais everywhere in the world do not spy?

Although founders of both religions claimed to be Mahdi, a notable difference between Ahmadiyyah and Bahais is that while the former consider themselves to be Muslims and insist they be seen as such, the latter have renounced their links to Islam and have come to be categorised as a separate religion, or cult if your prefer.

It would be a fascinating study to explore the socio-religious factors out which two Mahdi-messianic movements arose within Islam at around the same time, one in Iran from Shi'ism and the other in India from Sunnism, which then people accepted in enough numbers so as to make those movements remain in existence til date.

What do you think?

Edited by Marbles

Beliefs and practices are pretty much the same thing right?  You can easily get influenced in both.  Planting only a single mustard seed of doubt, disbelief, or discord into the hearts of the youth can then grow into something malignant, soul-sapping, and uncontrollable.

Big things always start off as small things first. 

As Muslims we should be able to deal with doubt.  Honestly, the times people have tried arguing with me over religion, asking me questions I could not answer, it only led me to research and further solidify my faith.  People who cannot handle dealing with other beliefs have little faith to begin with. 

Comparing going to a bar to show you have faith and are not going to drink is just stupid and is a whole lot different from being able to handle people other religion's proselytzing.  Going to a bar purposely immersing yourself in it, going out of your way to find haram.  This can only be compared to going to a Baha'i meeting to prove your faith or whatever, which would not be Muslims obviously would not have to do.  I am saying they can have their activities and you can pass by it.  You don't have to engage them.