Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
OsamaHatum

Would You Ever Wear A Niqab?

Rate this topic

Too many perverts in the muslim world, I forced my wife to wear one, against her wishes, she has finally come to terms with it, and accepted the wisdom behind my decision.

You're married? I didn't know that, mashallah :)

Sorry I usually dont post on sisters forums in fact don't even read it but this title caught my eye.

Growing up in Iran, I had a few teachers whom said we Shias believe in concept of Imamah because our Imams have authority to give halal or haram on things based on time and place. For example at time of Imam Jafar Sadigh, he made image frames and images haram but we see today in Shia world even among our marajehs they all take pictures, etc.

Nighab is one of those things that I think it has its own good things and time and place, but here in west, it could advert Islam negatively. And so you can see for yourself, you can check out this video:

May Allah (swt) forgive us for any shortcomings but being reasonable is highly encouraged for a Muslim and I think nighab in public in the west at least is not so reasonable.

just throwing this out there...

I currently wear the iraqi overhead abaya around dearborn, its easy to do so because there are so many arabs and the little amount of non-arabs that see me are aware what islam is about.

I wear it as often as I can because it brings about a certain sense of security and empowered. Mainly because the men have no choice but to lower their gaze and listen to what you're saying.

I was speaking to a friend recently and we came to the conclusion that we find being evaluated based upon our looks (by non mahrams) and being told that a certain physical feature is beautiful is not only offensive but repulsive.

That being said, my hijab stays modest but changes a bit. When I go on road trips to an area with little to no muslims, I wouldn't wear the iraqi abaya, I would try to look a little less scary lol of course within the boundaries of hijab.

No, we don't lose our identity and if worn in the correct way for the correct reason one should very good about wearing any extent of hijab.

Personally, I believe that it is unnecessary in the West, and I wouldn't advise my wife to wear it. However, in many Eastern counties, such as Iraq, I believe it is Wajib in many places, e.g. out and about on the streets, or when going on Ziyara, or going to the market.

(wasalam)

(Salaam)

Firstly, in the places you have mentioned, I believe the overhead Abaya or chador suffice and the niqaab is not necessary.

Secondly, even if the 'norm' or laws dictate you must wear niqaab, it does not automatically become a Wajib act.

(Laws should of course be obeyed but laws of individual countries do not determine what is wajib and what is baatil)

I consider wearing a full body covering fine on three conditions; 1) The woman was married. 2) The eyes were covered. 3) It was her personal choice. These women I see walking around with their eyes bursting out of their coverings does not promote a sense of modesty what so ever, especially in the west, it draws attention to her, she becomes a senseless object. I believe women's faces should be shown unless they are married and then if they decide not to show their face that's their decision. If every women were to cover their faces people would no longer fall in love with one another, every marriage would haft to be arranged resulting in many women and men being married to people they don't like at all, causing lots of trouble.

Edited by dfdfRandolphdfdf

this forum is disgusting....if you dont agree with it thats your own choice but dont call it uncivilized and make fun..the women of alhul bayt (as) wore the niqab.....sad to know as a shia niqabi there is little support from fellow shiites.

dont worry sis, we go ur back, the niqab is fine and I support it!

this forum is disgusting....if you dont agree with it thats your own choice but dont call it uncivilized and make fun..the women of alhul bayt (as) wore the niqab.....sad to know as a shia niqabi there is little support from fellow shiites.

A lot of people wearing Niqab admit it is not feasible to wear it in the modern world.

Perhaps 1400 years ago, women may have worn it.

But as i and others have pointed our, society has changed. Women are increasingly performing jobs and roles and need to get more integrated into society.

I never insulted those who wear it, nor has anyone else. I respect your right to wear it, but i just do not feel for something not wajib and not needed, why women would alienate themselves from modern society. That's all.

Sorry if i caused offence.

Yes I am but we have to wear the burqa when we step up on jhula to serve the azaadars.

Wow, are you serious? I've never seen that.. Is it a proper woman's burqa or something similar to it. Or are you trolling?

Wow, are you serious? I've never seen that.. Is it a proper woman's burqa or something similar to it. Or are you trolling?

I am serious this happens on aashura and the mehnedi days before it's a proper burqa with Niqab you need to wear it as we should not show our identity and make a manzar,others will lift up the jhula and people will give their small infants to masq them into the jhula of asgar a.s for a moment. It happens in india i dont know about pak

I'll provide you the link how it looks.

I am serious this happens on aashura and the mehnedi days before it's a proper burqa with Niqab you need to wear it as we should not show our identity and make a manzar,others will lift up the jhula and people will give their small infants to masq them into the jhula of asgar a.s for a moment. It happens in india i dont know about pak

I'll provide you the link how it looks.

Dude we need the pics with you in the Buqrah please=p

I have waited for ages for you to deliver brother!

Curious to see how it looks.

Dude we need the pics with you in the Buqrah please=p

I have waited for ages for you to deliver brother!

Curious to see how it looks.

Lol

Dude I haven't done the photoshoot with burqa

You can see the juloos where you may get a glimpse of it.

If I lived in a Muslim country where they were common, I would wear one but I wouldn't in the west because it draws way too much attention. The prophet saw told us to cover everything except our hands and face but I admire those who have the courage to wear the niqab because it takes guts to wear one in such a judgmental world and it shows that they have the strength to face the challenges and will get rewards for wearing it.

Yes my new hijab is with niqab.

InshaAllah I get to the point to always wear it, but I feel I must purify myself more for this like bibi Fatima SA.

Yes my new hijab is with niqab.

InshaAllah I get to the point to always wear it, but I feel I must purify myself more for this like bibi Fatima SA.

Fatima (as) was born purified, we will never reach that, we only try to. The niqab does not indentify how pure we are, rather the other way around.

The niqab does not tell us how pure we are, our purity tells us how close we are to fatimah (as)

Agree that only our purified self tells us how close we are to Fatima Zahra (SA)

I believe we can never be at her level of purified self as she was born pure and she is for all us muslim women to look up too, but i think be can purify ourselves now and become purified in our soul... Though this is a life time task but Allah Alhumdulilah gave us our imams (AS) and the woman of the world to stive to behave and act like them... I don't believe Allah gave us all them so we would try and become clean but never reach this goal...

The niqab does not tell us how pure we are, our purity tells us how close we are to fatimah (as)

what a nice answer.

what a great woman as was. mashAllah. 

i really miss the Ahlul Bayt as...

Heck no sorry those things are creepy and were worn back then in the desert to protect face... I mean you are trying not to grab attention but by wearing a niqab you are attracting more attention. Especially in the west, they will view it as a sign of danger and oppression which will put you in danger and it's makrouh to do wear the niqab if it puts you in danger

Isn't your pic a woman with niqab and make up?

Heck no sorry those things are creepy and were worn back then in the desert to protect face... I mean you are trying not to grab attention but by wearing a niqab you are attracting more attention. Especially in the west, they will view it as a sign of danger and oppression which will put you in danger and it's makrouh to do wear the niqab if it puts you in danger

Isn't your pic a woman with niqab and make up?

Well who said that's me? And it's definetley not a real looking girl. LOL imagine if girls had eyes like that in real life! Btw what does a pic with a girl in niqab ON a muslim website have any connection to a NIQABI in the WESTERN world walking down the street surrounded by mostly people who are influenced by the Zionist media and have sympathy for "oppressed muslim women" because they are covered and have no "freedom to show their face"? Edited by iraqiya

I live in the west...

I guess i am dif. I dont care what others think, if im pleasing Allah....

I dont think niqab is for desert woman....

In agreement with all the girls who said they'd wear it if living in Muslim country and if husband preferred that. But also as a young Muslim girl, I think it will only make me look so much older than my actual years....Black clothing makes women look older than they are...That's why some mothers (including mine) don't like young women to wear black unless they are at funeral or  masjid praying.

(salam)

I think I'd like to wear one at least once in my life. the sisters I've seen with the niqab on look so at ease. there's something about the niqab. Despite every single person in the universe going against it, the women who wear it seem very strong and devoted to Allah. i have a friend who decided to wear it in high school, and she is happy as can be Alhamdulillah.

i have a niqab at home. I put it on once and good god, I couldn't breathe through it lol. Maybe with some practice I'd get used to it.