In the Name of God بسم الله

Turning The Corner Of Prayer Mat

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Lol u fold it altogether lest dirt and other things fall on it. People try to fold the part where they do sajdah for same reasons I believe. Don't u think majority on the prayer mat are themselves son of Satan's?

• Advanced Member

i think thats only desi culture... My parents tell me if i dont fold the corner of the mat when im not praying, shaytaan will come sit on my prayer mat, but I dont think its true tbh kinda silly

Mine say angels stand over the mat waiting for someone to pray, and complain harshly to Allah when I don't pray or close it.

Edited by Al-Ajal Ya Imam

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

i think thats only desi culture... My parents tell me if i dont fold the corner of the mat when im not praying, shaytaan will come sit on my prayer mat, but I dont think its true tbh kinda silly

Same for me.. I was told shaytan would do namaz if you keep it open..

I'm pretty sure it's false, but people still believe it..

Edited by cendrillon

• Veteran Member

Ha ha...I think its a Indo/Pak thing too. My wife always says that to me.

Mine say angels stand over the mat waiting for someone to pray, and complain harshly to Allah when I don't pray or close it.

There could be some validity to that.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Same for me.. I was told shaytan would do namaz if you keep it open..

I'm pretty sure it's false, but people still believe it..

See above. However, does the Shaitan even pray? He does his best to keep us from praying so I wonder if he even prays. Well, we all know what he's going to say when on Judgment Day we say "Shaitan kept me from praying". His answer is going to be "Allah (swt) told you to pray so why did you listen to me?".

On a side note, I've been engrained since childhood of folding the top right corner onto the sajdagah that I still do it by force of habit...lol.

• Advanced Member

:huh:

All my life I thought this was as per the Shariah Law; damn, Desis :dry:

• Advanced Member

Are you talking about folding the mat when you are ready to put it away? Cause my family is Lebanese and they do it, I just roll mines though...

Sure folding the mat and putting it away when you're finished that's different , but I'm talking about the instance when you've left your mat for some time, some people will flip the top right corner over rather than leave the mat flat out

You know, if Shaytan actually wanted to pray, all of his problems would be solved... Why would he pray?

Pride. That's why God has made some of us better than others indirectly, or richer, or more fortunate or better looking.

Life is a test of pride among other things.

We are here to show sahytan how it's done. So far and i speak to myself we have failed miserably.

I would welcome him with open arms and bow down to the jinn if i was asked by Allah swt. Any missed salats are laziness i need to correct ect.

• Advanced Member

Im iraqi we also have been told we fold the corner while not praying on the mat so that shaytaan doesnt come on the mat. But ive heard he urinates on the mat rather then pray. It probably doesnt have much truth to it but its become something we are used to and do without thinking about it.