Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hamza1892

Imam Ali During The Battle Of Uhud?

Rate this topic

I was listening to a lecture today and i heard something that i thought was very fishy, so to speak. Anyways it goes something like this.

During the battle of Uhud when Imam ali was fighting against the non-believers, Prophet Mohammed said "Imam ali did a strike that was worth the worship of ALL of the humans and all of the jinns"

During this battle is when Allah (swt) sent down his sword Zulfiqar through the angel gabriel. This is what the speaker said.

Now i wondering if one strike by Imam Ali could be worth the worship of all the humans and all of the jinns. So does that mean, that strike was worth more than prophet Mohammed worship and everyone else's? I just got really confused. if someone could clear this up for me, i will really appreciate it. I was thinking that this hadith was a little bit fabricated, but Allah (swt) knows best. So i wanted to get other peoples opinion on it, maybe i am not looking at it in the wrong perspective.

Thanks

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwr-Allah-wb-Hu

During the battle of Uhud when Imam ali was fighting against the non-believers, Prophet Mohammed said "Imam ali did a strike that was worth the worship of ALL of the humans and all of the jinns"

Khandaq?

alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-'Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul 'arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-'arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

(salam)

(bismillah)

I was listening to a lecture today and i heard something that i thought was very fishy, so to speak. Anyways it goes something like this.

During this battle is when Allah (swt) sent down his sword Zulfiqar through the angel gabriel. This is what the speaker said.

Now i wondering if one strike by Imam Ali could be worth the worship of all the humans and all of the jinns. So does that mean, that strike was worth more than prophet Mohammed worship and everyone else's? I just got really confused. if someone could clear this up for me, i will really appreciate it. I was thinking that this hadith was a little bit fabricated, but Allah (swt) knows best. So i wanted to get other peoples opinion on it, maybe i am not looking at it in the wrong perspective.

I believe you are referring to Imam `Ali's (as) strike that he did on `Amr b. `Abdwud on the day of al-Khandaq. That narration is found in Sunni books and is considered a fabrication by the majority of Sunni scholars, and I cannot find this hadeeth narrated in Shee`ah books, either.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

Just to correct you brother, the stike of Ameerul Momineen a.s is not equal to the combined worship of all mankind, jinns and angel. It is greater. The word 'afzal' has been used.

Great response absolutely right!

Why do people love comparing rasool SAW and mola AS, they were one..!

(bismillah)

Salam

Here is another narration on similar lines

أبوعبدالله الحسين بن الحسن بن شداد ، حدثني محمد بن سنان الحنظلي ، حدثنا إسحاق بن بشر القرشي ، عن بهز بن حكيم ، عن أبيه ، عن جده

، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وآله انه قال : لمبارزة علي بن أبي طالب لعمرو بن عبدود يوم الخندق ، افضل من عمل امتي إلى يوم القيامة

Prophet Muhammad (saww) said, "The duel of Imam Ali (as) with Amr bin Abdawud on the day of Khadaq, is greater than the deeds of (people of) my nation upto the day of Judgement."

[source: Al-Manaqib - Khwarazmi / quoted by Allama Majlisi in Bihar, Vol. 39, Pg.1]

Wassalam

Edited by muhibb-ali

Just to correct you brother, the stike of Ameerul Momineen a.s is not equal to the combined worship of all mankind, jinns and angel. It is greater. The word 'afzal' has been used.

Jazak'Allah!

Thanks you so much brother! you brought a big smile to my face...

Verily! the strike of Janab-e-Ameer-ul-Momineen (A.S.) that killed amr bin abd'bud is greater than the combined worship of all muslims from the times of Rasool Allah (SAWW) to the hour (Qayatmat). I so wish muslims could understand...no matter what they do, their acts can never be compared to those of BUTURAB. Afterall He (A.S.) is the father of the ummat of Rasool Allah (A.S.)