Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

According to SC Shias shouldn't do Dawa.

http://www.shiachat....-the-shia-dawa/

I believe that it is wrong to leave out Da'wa as a Shia.

Reasons why Da'wa is good Amal and gets reward by God:

-The Shia already are in a position where their religious creed both as Muslims and Shia is attacked. By inviting through good Akhlagh is one of the means of defending the Shia creed.

-Also Abrahamic religions lose importance in society, so it is not just about Shia but about Tawheed itself.

-Also Shia scholars have called Shias to invite people to true Islam especially in the West, whenever there is an opportunity.

-If the Shia don't invite people who is supposed to invite people to true Islam?

-There are Ahadeeth that whoever teaches someone something all the reward of the one who practices what was taught to him goes to the teacher also.

-Also: There are Ahadeeth to learn from others. And the Shia can learn from Sunni and Ahmadi communities who already are very active and successful by making Da'wa.

Matt 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Maybe not your terminology but the meaning is there.

I took the LIFE course. It was a three day seminar from Lay Institute For Evangelism.

What I learned most was how much of an evangelist I was not.

The great commission, "Go ye into all the world..." was for the Apostles, obviously not me. 1st Peter says it best.

1 Peter 3:15

But sanctify the Lord God[d] in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear

I've been asked to say grace at weddings because I'm the most religious person they know. I've had kids I taught baseball come back years later to talk for the same reason. I have been humbled and blessed to be used by God to lead those who have come to me, but will leave the random recruiting to others..

I believe God calls you to witness or he doesn't. Those who shouldn't don't have God's guidance, nor blessing and don't do their religion any good at all.