Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Marbles

Ahmedinejad Targeted With Shoe In Egypt

Rate this topic

Security guards have seized a man who tried to hit Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with a shoe as he visited a mosque in the Egyptian capital Cairo.

Video of the incident shows a man shouting "coward" as he strikes out.

It is not clear what the motive was - some reports suggested it was against Iran's support for Syria's government.

Mr Ahmadinejad is the first Iran leader to visit Egypt since the 1979 Islamic revolution. Showing the sole of a shoe is a grave insult in the Arab world.

The Iranian leader is attending a summit of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation, a loose grouping of 57 mainly Muslim countries.

Egypt's new Islamist President, Mohammed Morsi, has sought to follow an independent path on foreign policy and travelled to Tehran soon after coming to power last year, the BBC's Yolande Knell reports from Cairo.

However so far his talks with Iran about its policy towards Syria have had little impact, our correspondent adds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21348630

Edited by Marbles

Surely there must be less amateur ways of expressing frustration and contempt, no? Couldn't he just confront Ahmadinejad and have a civil debate with him? I doubt he's the sort of person who would reject - he's not perfect, but he has a conscience and a sober, balanced personality.

The shoe throwing game has proven to be ineffective.

unfortunately, I'm not surprised, it seems Egyptian society these days is on par for savagery with pre Islamic, Bedouin-Arab, jahilya era standards...very disappointing.

Only a shia revolution can save Egypt or the installation of a secular arab government just like Bashar Al Assad's in Syria (no!!, Bashars not like mubarrack!!....I mean a leader that will bring back pride and dignity to the country and push them away from the pro zionist states of the wahabi peninsula!!).

Egyptians kill 79 Egyptians over a football match :wacko:..... No blame on alcohol either... just the Arab, jahilya savagery to blame...Western states are laughing their heads off saying those hypocritical Arabs reckon banning alcohol makes people act more responsible...what a dark age this is for the Arab world!!

egypt_soccer_riot_138072694_620x350.JPG

Ahmedinejad is an idiot of a "leader". Why would he go and talk with those idiots.

Example of great Shia leaders. Hassan Nasrallah, It is a privilege for anyone to even talk to him. Lebanon shakes at his sight. He is a real leader. Khomeini was the same. He had a nation behind him and it was an absolute privilege to talk to him. He wouldn't be going to these scum they should be crawling to him. The Shah of Iran had the entire gulf in his hands. Every single king of the gulf was kissing his hands when meeting him. That was POWER.

Ahmedinejad is the leader of the most powerful shia led nation in the world. Start acting like it. Don't talk to anyone lesser than you. As a leader you should only speak to other leaders. Not these clowns.

This is why I despise him so much. He has ruined iran.

The Shah of Iran had the entire gulf in his hands.

The Shah was nothing more than a puppet in a sea of puppets (of gulf countries). If the Islamic Republic falls, whatever puppet they choose to be president will be exactly the same.

Remember when the prophet visited that place to preach (I forgot it's name) and he had stones thrown at him, it's a similar scene with Ahmadinejad, although I disagree with his stance on certain things I believe he is a moral leader.

The Shah was nothing more than a puppet in a sea of puppets (of gulf countries). If the Islamic Republic falls, whatever puppet they choose to be president will be exactly the same.

The Shah of Iran was a puppet but that doesn't change the fact the entire gulf would quake in fear of his power. At that time he may have been the single most powerful man in the middle east. Even today if Iran get it's act together and stop trying to be North Korea they could command the entire middle east with their power.