Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rational Thinking

Tips On How To Impress A Girl?

Rate this topic

So i have a suit on and assume i go and meet a girl. I go to these arranged meetings.

1. How do i impress her?

2. Is it not akward to think she is my prospective bride?

3. How do i know if she's even interested?

4. How do i even talk to women? What do i say?

5. Is calling her pretty off the cards? In Islam we're often kept away from this all, so we have no idea how to do it.

6. Say i am shy and i like have an uncontrollable head-shake and i shiver near women and stutter a lot. What do i do ?

7. Should i slaughter a goat?(people do this?. I wonder how it's linked)

8. If i think she's right after a while, do i base my decision to marry her off rational thinking, or do i use istikarah (turning pages of the Quran randomly and randomly selecting a verse which is believed to be guidance).

+ i would appreciate people who have gone through the process to tell me. PS, what if i have never seen her before? Do i request a picture? Has she seen me before? If she has (and she wants to meet me) does it mean my genetics and physical apperance is satisfactory and that she would not automatically reject me based on how God has made me?

+ Ahsant.

(salam)

Since I am a woman I thought I could enlighten you a little about what we like. Happy reading..

1. Impressing a girl is very easy. For example if you're an Arab doctor then you're in. But if you're not then don't worry, most women don't have high expectations anyways. You just need a Phd. Lol jokes. Okay seriously though, Be the selfish centre of your universe. This is your life, so take control, know exactly what your favourite meals are for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is vital, i cannot stress it enough, talk sports. Talk about sports and casually slip in your desire to manufacture a mini cricket/football team, come on, all girls like kids. Also if she does not know who won the volleyball championship in Alabama in 1932 then reconsider your position. Do you really want to spend your life with a woman who is Ill versed in the science of sports? Create an aura of mystery and intrigue about you. Try doing some Kool gang signs. Talk gibberish and pretend like its an ancient language that you're fluent in. Were a bottle of cologne so that her street can smell you. Gel your hair so that it looks ultra wet and ultra stiff and ultra about to fall off.

2. Just ignore her. Don't pay any attention to her life. You don't want to come across as a nice guy who is interested in her life. That'll confuse her and she might think you're pretending to be someone you're not. You have to use reverse psychology. If she starts to tell you her life stories politely ask her to shut up.

3. If you've followed so far then by now she's probably running around in circles due to her immense joy upon finding her knight in shinning armour. Also Wear an 18th century British armour for added affect. If your family is going with you then ask them to take some flood lights to shine and reflect the armour. It'd better blind her eyes.

4. Talking to a woman is like talking to yourself in a mirror. It's all about you. Just talk about how amazing you are. If you won a prize in grade school ever for drawing a wonderful picture with crayons then insert that story here. Don't forget the details, women love them.

5. You'll have all your life for flattery if you marry her. Just talk about how beautiful cats are. It will do the trick.

6. Don't worry it's just a woman she's probably having a harder time with the pound of foundation on her face and 2 packs of eyelashes on her eyes.

7. Yes take a goat along and slaughter it because that's manly. If you really want to impress her then rip the hide off with your bare hands. It's all about basic survival animal instincts.

8. You base your decision on her ability to smile, nod and laugh at any joke that is being cracked. If she's got a fake smile then she's a keeper.

Good luck :)

Lol!

I used to think Muslim women were uptight , and that women were not funny.

You have proven me wrong sister.

Great answers from Pedram and Yourself.

That is the bravest post i have seen since ImAli's posts.

Women use woman logic. I have learnt that to get married to a sister, you do the opposite. Act interested and she thinks you're desperate. Act uninterested and she doesn't. Don't make her laugh and she thinks you're boring. Try to and she thinks you're a try hard.

All while she just sits there.

Guys! I need example videos. Is there a book on how to prepare for these arranged meetings? So i can practice? Any example questions you have? Is there like tutoring?

Edited by Rational Thinking

(salam)

Since I am a woman I thought I could enlighten you a little about what we like. Happy reading..

1. Impressing a girl is very easy. For example if you're an Arab doctor then you're in. But if you're not then don't worry, most women don't have high expectations anyways. You just need a Phd. Lol jokes. Okay seriously though, Be the selfish centre of your universe. This is your life, so take control, know exactly what your favourite meals are for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is vital, i cannot stress it enough, talk sports. Talk about sports and casually slip in your desire to manufacture a mini cricket/football team, come on, all girls like kids. Also if she does not know who won the volleyball championship in Alabama in 1932 then reconsider your position. Do you really want to spend your life with a woman who is Ill versed in the science of sports? Create an aura of mystery and intrigue about you. Try doing some Kool gang signs. Talk gibberish and pretend like its an ancient language that you're fluent in. Were a bottle of cologne so that her street can smell you. Gel your hair so that it looks ultra wet and ultra stiff and ultra about to fall off.

2. Just ignore her. Don't pay any attention to her life. You don't want to come across as a nice guy who is interested in her life. That'll confuse her and she might think you're pretending to be someone you're not. You have to use reverse psychology. If she starts to tell you her life stories politely ask her to shut up.

3. If you've followed so far then by now she's probably running around in circles due to her immense joy upon finding her knight in shinning armour. Also Wear an 18th century British armour for added affect. If your family is going with you then ask them to take some flood lights to shine and reflect the armour. It'd better blind her eyes.

4. Talking to a woman is like talking to yourself in a mirror. It's all about you. Just talk about how amazing you are. If you won a prize in grade school ever for drawing a wonderful picture with crayons then insert that story here. Don't forget the details, women love them.

5. You'll have all your life for flattery if you marry her. Just talk about how beautiful cats are. It will do the trick.

6. Don't worry it's just a woman she's probably having a harder time with the pound of foundation on her face and 2 packs of eyelashes on her eyes.

7. Yes take a goat along and slaughter it because that's manly. If you really want to impress her then rip the hide off with your bare hands. It's all about basic survival animal instincts.

8. You base your decision on her ability to smile, nod and laugh at any joke that is being cracked. If she's got a fake smile then she's a keeper.

Oh no...

Wait, that might actually do the trick!

Sometimes you do come of as a dumb..... :), especially with that name.

1. How do i impress her?

Dont turn up. Rest of the questions are not needed......

1. How do i impress her?

No need to impress anyone be your self. You are a free man. Dress properly and have good manners, speak properly, avoid slang.

She is only a prospective bride, after you have met a few times and there is some interest. right now, its more of a decision to see if you can get a second chance.

google it and you will find some clues, however people are different. Most of the time you won't, untill at the end of the dinner or meeting, you state something along the lines " I had a good time, hope you did too. I would like to meet again and will message you. If you are not interested then its fine."

Ask open ended questions, such as Why, when, what, so the responses are never yes or no. You will get asked the same question, so don't answer with a yes or no. You seem to have 100's of questions here, so why not ask those?

5. Is calling her pretty off the cards? In Islam we're often kept away from this all, so we have no idea how to do it.

Don;t call her pretty, she will know the way you stare and drool. Compliment on something she has with/on her.

6. Say i am shy and i like have an uncontrollable head-shake and i shiver near women and stutter a lot. What do i do ?

Well, women do not like wimps, so man up or you get left behind. If you can write essays on the net with out your constant head shakes,shivers and stutters then why not in real life? And to stop these weak traits, you have to relax and stop trying so hard, over analysing the situation and just be free.

If you wish, but would suck if she turned out to be a vegetarian.

8. If i think she's right after a while, do i base my decision to marry her off rational thinking, or do i use istikarah (turning pages of the Quran randomly and randomly selecting a verse which is believed to be guidance).

Its takes two to tango, you may think she is right, but will she think the same?. If yes, you can do both, and make a decision. Stop crying over spilt milk.

Have fun and good luck.

Sometimes you do come of as a dumb..... :), especially with that name.

1. How do i impress her?

Dont turn up. Rest of the questions are not needed......

1. How do i impress her?

No need to impress anyone be your self. You are a free man. Dress properly and have good manners, speak properly, avoid slang.

She is only a prospective bride, after you have met a few times and there is some interest. right now, its more of a decision to see if you can get a second chance.

google it and you will find some clues, however people are different. Most of the time you won't, untill at the end of the dinner or meeting, you state something along the lines " I had a good time, hope you did too. I would like to meet again and will message you. If you are not interested then its fine."

Ask open ended questions, such as Why, when, what, so the responses are never yes or no. You will get asked the same question, so don't answer with a yes or no. You seem to have 100's of questions here, so why not ask those?

Don;t call her pretty, she will know the way you stare and drool. Compliment on something she has with/on her.

Well, women do not like wimps, so man up or you get left behind. If you can write essays on the net with out your constant head shakes,shivers and stutters then why not in real life? And to stop these weak traits, you have to relax and stop trying so hard, over analysing the situation and just be free.

If you wish, but would suck if she turned out to be a vegetarian.

Its takes two to tango, you may think she is right, but will she think the same?. If yes, you can do both, and make a decision. Stop crying over spilt milk.

Have fun and good luck.

Great answer. Says it like it is.

(salam)

That was GREAT. It reminded me about an article I read on shiachat 1 year ago, it described different types of men, handsome idiot, rich nerd, religious guy. I want to read that article again.

That was GREAT. It reminded me about an article I read on shiachat 1 year ago, it described different types of men, handsome idiot, rich nerd, religious guy. I want to read that article again.

I'd like to read it as well, can you share it if you find it? :)

(salam)

i dont know if I am an exception ,and i dont want to be mean, but I completely disagree with Echanted's post ...

I don't know if its only me :unsure:

i hate boys who talk a lot , especially if they talk about themselves and show how powerful they are,..that just turns me off completely .. the last thing that i want to hear from them is sports, babies and details .. the complete opposite of what Echanted said

Also, #2 : to ignore the girl when she starts speaking ? i also disagree with this . A guy should not ignore a girl...

nevertheless , May Allah bless you and reward you sister Enchanted for writing the long post.. You helped some people out there

Osamahatuman please bring the sarcasm detector here.

Also, sports if my life. I will not 'marry' anyone who does not like sports! My dream is to marry someone who can play football with me in the Garden, or race me ect

Not some flimsy female

Lol the post was just for a good laugh.. I really don't think I helped anyone with that post and I'm sure everyone realised that it wasn't to be taken seriously.

I don't like men who are fake macho. And I don't like sport discussions either. I also don't think there is a volleyball championship in Alabama..

I agree with everything you said sister. Thanks for clearing it up actually for others..

oh it was only for laugh ?

lol :blush: :blush:

thank you for making us laugh =)

Enlightened is actually right, girls (subconsciously for lack of a better word) like it when they speak more, it gives them a chance to show themselves to the guy rather than the other way around. Just be confident, talk normally and dont be nervous; if this is a marriage prospect you want to find a match, not work for a prize

Enlightened is actually right, girls (subconsciously for lack of a better word) like it when they speak more, it gives them a chance to show themselves to the guy rather than the other way around. Just be confident, talk normally and dont be nervous; if this is a marriage prospect you want to find a match, not work for a prize

To be fair, these meetings aren't sufficient to find a match. You just see someones best side. If i get married, i will have known the girl for a fair ammount of time in a normal every-day context where i am not trying to get married to her. That way i see who she really is, and it seems much more natural.

I mean when girls say " i want a guy with imaan". I find that a very vague thing to request. Some people do not put their faith on their sleeve, to them, faith is something within them, inside them, a personal connection with them to God, and not a 'inshallah 24x7'. Some people like to connect to God and Islam in secret ect

I personally think voice, looks, charisma, wealth, status, and perhaps educational background, and then a hint of unique personality are what we truly go for, even though we do not admit it.

After all, we are mammals. We are superficial.

Women reject men on height and looks. Men reject women on body and looks. It's just nature.

Lol the post was just for a good laugh.. I really don't think I helped anyone with that post and I'm sure everyone realised that it wasn't to be taken seriously.

I don't like men who are fake macho. And I don't like sport discussions either. I also don't think there is a volleyball championship in Alabama..

I agree with everything you said sister. Thanks for clearing it up actually for others..

I don't like sisters who are into make up, lip gloss, nail painting, and superficial tea.

I like earthy natural women, who like sports, like competition ect

If i ever meet a girl who likes tennis, and if she deems me genetically ok (i.e superficial looks barrier), i will put a ring on it.

The only practice that is accurate & well regarded in this issue is NOT to let the girl feel that u r trying to impress her** :D

**We do not guarantee. ;)

Happy hunting

Edited by Invoker

So i have a suit on and assume i go and meet a girl. I go to these arranged meetings.

1. How do i impress her?

+ i would appreciate people who have gone through the process to tell me. PS, what if i have never seen her before? Do i request a picture? Has she seen me before? If she has (and she wants to meet me) does it mean my genetics and physical apperance is satisfactory and that she would not automatically reject me based on how God has made me?

+ Ahsant.

This is just my personal opinion brother, but I met my wife in university and would encourage you to do something similar. Meeting people in neutral environments like your school or workplace is far better than these "arranged meetings" as there will definitely be a lot of pressure and expectation and an overall awkwardness which will make you both feel nervous. It is always best to know someone as a friend first, rather than being thrown in at the deep end from the start.

Most importantly, it's essential to find out a persons true colours. For that you have to see them around other people, and get to know them well, before you take any steps towards marriage. With arranged meetings, you only get to see them "on their best behaviour" as it were, which is never a true representation of who they are and won't give you the necessary time it requires to scratch under the surface and determine if they are right for you.

Having said the above, obviously I would suggest you try not to "impress" her my friend. Impressing someone usually means trying to give a better impression of who you really are. This is a very bad idea as you're indirectly pretending to be someone you're not. Marriage is a life-long commitment and you won't be able to keep up the pretence forever. I know this is an age old cliché, but there really is no better advice than "just be yourself".

For example, you seem to be a very open minded and questioning Muslim, which is a good thing. However a girl you meet might be very closed minded so in order to "impress" her, you would probably contain yourself and often agree with her view of things even if you really disagree. If you continue to impress her you may well eventually get married, but will ultimately regret it as time goes by.

Also, seriously RT, stop worrying about your looks/genetics so much, there is a match out there for everyone.

Good luck.

1) Talk smooth: Don't stutter, be confident, if you by chance run out of topics to converse with her, talk about the food, or background setting, there are endless possibilities to talk about on the first date.

2) Smell nice, and make sure you showered, have your nails trimmed, so she get's a good impression on your hygiene.

3) Don't show off, and never ever be rude to the waiter/waitress/cashier in front of her.

4) Be a gentleman, open doors for her, but please, please, don't over do it.

At the end, smile and say 'it was really nice seeing you, maybe we can do this again, if you don't mind' and hope for the best.

Just be confident, pay the bill, and if you are nervous, don't let it show.

And please, don't cry to her that girls don't like you because you are 'ugly' :lol:

Edited by GreyMatter

1) Talk smooth: Don't stutter, be confident, if you by chance run out of topics to converse with her, talk about the food, or background setting, there are endless possibilities to talk about on the first date.

2) Smell nice, and make sure you showered, have your nails trimmed, so she get's a good impression on your hygiene.

3) Don't show off, and never ever be rude to the waiter/waitress/cashier in front of her.

4) Be a gentleman, open doors for her, but please, please, don't over do it.

At the end, smile and say 'it was really nice seeing you, maybe we can do this again, if you don't mind' and hope for the best.

Just be confident, pay the bill, and if you are nervous, don't let it show.

And please, don't cry to her that girls don't like you because you are 'ugly' :lol:

Mate, who said the meeting is taking place at a darn restaurant? Arranged marriage meetings are at home and usually youer first meeting is chaperoned, or at least you sit where elders can keep an eye on you.

Awkward? Aye, that's why I hate those meetings :dry:

Mate, who said the meeting is taking place at a darn restaurant? Arranged marriage meetings are at home and usually youer first meeting is chaperoned, or at least you sit where elders can keep an eye on you.

Awkward? Aye, that's why I hate those meetings :dry:

Oh, well in that case OP, just go sit with the elders, say Salam, don't look at the girl except maybe a peck and don't utter or look at anything.

Simple

:lol:

1. Convince her you are a man who is in control but you are not controlling.

2. Convince her you have enough wealth to take care of her and any kids born and that you are generous.

3. Convince her that you are a fun person, that you are carefree and not so serious all the time.

4. Convince her that you believe she is beautiful.

5. Convince her that you value her; you consider her precious.

6. Convince her that you find her very attractive.

Dress well, wear nice cologne and project confidence and joy.

It is difficult to fake these things, so you have to work on building yourself first. Good luck.

(salam)

Just be yourself. I agree with Perfectionist. He said that in arranged marriage, the people only show their 'nice side' .. They aren't themselves..

so its important to be yourself. If you normally speak about politics, then bring up politics .. if you love to speak about technology , bring up technology .. You have to show what you are, not hide it .

When you hide what you really are, you are showing that you're embarrassed of yourself which means that you lack confidence .. this is another turn-off

Here are my two cents: girls want to feel special and loved. So, give her lots of attention, call her frequently, compliment her, listen to her, make her feel special, be romantic. (Stay within Islamic boundaries though!) This is the way to impress a girl :)!

Here are my two cents: girls want to feel special and loved. So, give her lots of attention, call her frequently, compliment her, listen to her, make her feel special, be romantic. (Stay within Islamic boundaries though!) This is the way to impress a girl :)!

Its the legendary baby beaver! hopefully back to rescue sc from its rotten userbase, Wohoooooooooo

Stop being nice all of a sudden

A lot of guys become nice all of a sudden when they are with the girl of their interest. They open the door for them, they are willing to clean up the room for them, they want to make some lunch for them, and are always looking out for opportunities to serve them. Listen cutie pie, that won't work. You can serve her and do all that once you marry her. Why would she marry a guy who acts like a husband? Thats just.... gay.

(salam)

I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are, then I disagree with this part. Men should be gentlemen. Chivalrous. that doesn't mean making her lunch exactly (once in awhile would be romantic) but yes, open the door for her. Don't overdo it though, that seems desperate.

It's weird to say this but there was this guy in high school who used to pull out my seat for me and let me go in front of him in lines and other gentlemanly-like things. Of course I'm a Muslim and I didn't really react to it besides saying thank you but it was really nice and unique and I'll never forget that.

But basically girls want to feel and be treated like they're special. So appeal to that.

Read this blog: Art of Manliness - It's a great and tasteful blog. I enjoy reading it even though I'm not a man.