Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Qa'im

Ahl Al-Bayt Daily

Rate this topic

4. Ali bin Ibrahim from his father from Amr bin Uthman from some of his companions who said: I heard Him (Abu Abdillah) [as] say: Verily a slave commits a sin, and Allah makes him enter paradise through it. I said: Allah makes him enter paradise due to a sin! He [as] said: yes, this is because he sins, and then does not cease being frightened due to it, disgusted in himself, until Allah has mercy on him, and makes him enter paradise.

5. Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad from (al-Hasan bin) Ali bin Fadhal from Ali bin Uqba from Amr who said:

He (Abu Abdillah) [as] said to us one day - you will find a man who does not err in his Lam nor in his Waw, an eloquent speaker, but his heart is the darkest of the dark, more dark than a dark night, and you will find a man who cannot express what is in his heart by his tongue, but his heart glows like the glowing of the lamp.

6. Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Isa from Ibn Mahbub from Jamil bin Darraj who said: I said to Abi Abdillah [as], I sometimes may think of these Mustadh'afin, so I say - us and them are in the same station in Jannah, so Abu Abdillah [as] said: Allah will never do that to you. (Mu'tabar)

(* Mustadh'afin are the unkowledgeable ones from the Ammah (Sunnis)*)

Edited by Islamic Salvation

7. Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Isa from Muhammad bin Sinan from Muawiya bin Wahb who said: we set out for Makkah and with us was an old man, intense in worship, but not knowing this matter (i.e. Wilayah), making full his Salat while on the journey (i.e. contrary to the Fiqh of the Ahlulbayt), and with him was the son of his brother who was a Muslim (i.e. follower of the Ahlulbayt), so the old man got sick, so I said to his brother's son: if you could present this matter to your uncle, maybe Allah will cleanse him, while all the rest (i.e. of the people in the caravan) said - let the old man be, and let him die upon his condition, for he has a good personality, but the son of his brother had no patience for that (i.e. could not contain himself) - until he said to him: O uncle, the people renaged after the messenger of Allah, except for a few in number, and Ali bin Abi Talib had the same rights as those posessed by the messenger of Allah, and the truth was with him after the messenger of Allah, so the old man took a breath and inhaled, then he said: I am upon this, and his soul exited him, so we later entered upon Abu Abdillah [as], so Ali bin al-Sarriy told him about the incident, so He [as] said: he is a man from the people of Jannah. So Ali bin al-Sarriy said to him: he did not know anything about this matter except in his last moment!, so He [as] said: so what do you want from him! he has by Allah entered Jannah.

الحسين بن محمد، عن معلى بن محمد، عن الوشاء، عن حماد بن عثمان قال خرج أبو عبد الله عليه السلام من المسجد، وقد ضاعت دابته، فقال: لئن ردها الله على لأشكرن الله حق شكره، قال: فما لبث أن أتي بها، فقال: الحمد لله، فقال له قائل: جعلت فداك أليس قلت: لأشكرن الله حق شكره؟ فقال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام. ألم تسمعني قلت: الحمد لله؟

al-Husayn bin Muhammad from Mu'alla bin Muhammad from al-Washsha from Hammad bin Uthman who said: Abu Abdillah عليه السلام came out from the Masjid and found that his animal (i.e. camel or horse) was nowhere to be found, so He said: if Allah returns it to me - I will thank him as he deserves to be thanked, he (Hammad) says: so He did not stay long thereafter but it was brought back to him, so He عليه السلام said: Alhamdulillah, so someone said to him: may I be ransomed for you - did you not say: I will thank Allah as he deserves to be thanked? so Abu Abdillah عليه السلام said to him: did you not hear me say Alhamdulillah? Edited by Islamic Salvation

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن هشام بن الحكم، عن أبي عبيدة الحذاء، قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله (عليه السلام) يقول: من بنى مسجدا بنى الله له له بيتا في الجنة، قال: أبوعبيدة فمر بي أبوعبدالله (عليه السلام) في طريق مكة وقد سويت بأحجار مسجدا فقلت له: جعلت فداك نرجو أن يكون هذا من ذلك فقال: نعم

Ali bin Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim bin Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Hisham bin al-Hakam from Abi Ubayda [the shoemaker] who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: 'whoever builds a Masjid - Allah builds for him a house in Jannah', Abu Ubayda says: so after this - Abu Abdillah happened to pass by me on the way to Makkah, and I had built there a Masjid made of stones, so I said to him: may I be made your ransom, we hope that this one (i.e. built Masjid) leads to that (i.e. a house in Jannah), so he said: 'yes, Indeed'. (Mu'tabar) Edited by Islamic Salvation

حدّثني جماعة مشايخي منهم : عليُّ بن الحسين ؛ ومحمّد بن الحسن ، عن سعد ، عن أحمدَ بن محمّد ؛ ومحمّد بن الحسين ؛ وإبراهيمَ بن هاشم جميعاً ، عن الحسن بن عليِّ بن فَضّال ، عن أبي جَميلَةَ المفضّل بن صالح ، عن شِهاب بن عَبدِ رَبّه ، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام "أنّه قال : لمّا صعد الحسين بن عليٍّ عليهما السلام عَقَبَةَ البطن قال لأصحابه : ما أراني إلاّ مَقتولاً ، قالوا : وما ذاك يا أبا عبدالله؟ قال : رؤيا رأيتها في المنام ، قالوا : وما هي ؟ قال : رأيت كِلاباً تَنهشني ؛ أشدُّها عليَّ كلبٌ أبقع

Narrated to me a number of my Mashayikh - among them Ali bin al-Husayn AND Muhammad bin al-Hasan - from Sa'd from Ahmad bin Muhammad AND Muhammad bin al-Husayn AND Ibrahim bin Hashim all together from al-Hasan bin Ali bin Fadhal from Abi Jamila al-Mufadhal bin Salih from Shihab bin Abd Rabbi from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: when al-Husayn bin Ali عليهما السلام reached Aqaba al-Batn (a watering station on the way to Kufah) he said to his companions: I do not see myself except as being killed, they said: and why do you say that O Aba Abdillah? he said: because of a vision (dream) I saw in my sleep, they said: and what did you see? he said: I saw dogs attacking me, the most ferocious of them against me was a dog marked with spots (irregular patches of white and another colour).

NOTE: The spotted dog of the dream relates to Shimr bin Dhil Jawshan who was a leper.

وحدَّثني الحسن بن عبدالله بن محمّد بن عيسى ، عن أبيه ، عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن عليِّ بن رئاب ، عن الحلبيِّ "قال : سمعت أبا عبدالله عليه السلام يقول : إنَّ الحسين عليه السلام صلّى بأصحابه الغَداة ، ثمَّ التفت إليهم فقال : إنّ الله قد أذن في قتلكم ، فعليكم بالصّبر

And narrated to me al-Hasan bin Abdallah bin Muhammad bin Isa from his father from al-Hasan bin Mahbub from Ali bin Riab from al-Halabiy who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: al-Husayn عليه السلام led his companions in the morning prayer then he turned towards them and said: 'Verily Allah has permitted (destined) for you to be killed, so upon you is patience'

حدّثني أبي ـ رحمه الله ـ عن سعد بن عبدالله ، عن عليِّ بن إسماعيل بن عيسى ، عن صَفوانَ بن يحيى ، عن الحسين بن أبي العلاء ، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام "إنّ الحسين بن عليٍّ عليهما السلام قال لأصحابه ـ يوم اُصيبوا ـ : أشهد أنّه قد أذن في قتلكم فاتَّقوا الله واصبروا

Narrated to me my father - may Allah have mercy on him - from Sa'd bin Abdallah from Ali bin Ismail bin Isa from Safwan bin Yahya from al-Husayn bin Abi al-A'la from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: al-Husayn bin Ali عليهما السلام said to his companions - on the day they were killed - 'I swear that He has permitted (destined) in your killing, so have Taqwa of Allah and remain patient.

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن أبي عبدالله، عن سعدن، عن معتب، قال: كان أبوالحسن موسى عليه السلام في حائط له يصرم فنظرت إلى غلام له قد أخذ كارة من تمر فرمى بها وراء الحائط، فأتيته وأخذته وذهبت به إليه، فقلت: جعلت فداك إني وجدت هذا وهذه الكارة فقال للغلام: يا فلان قال: لبيك، قال: أتجوع؟ قال: لا يا سيدي، قال: فتعرى؟ قال: لا يا سيدي، قال: فلاي شئ أخذت هذه؟ قال: اشتهيت ذلك، قال: اذهب فهي لك وقال: خلوا عنه

A number of our companions from Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah from Sa’dan from Mu`attib who said: Abu al-Hasan Musa عليه السلام was in a garden (farm) of his (i.e. belonging to him) harvesting (i.e. cutting the date-palm branches from the trees and picking the ripened fruits), so I saw a slave of his taking a bunch (hand-full) of dates and throwing it behind the wall (of the garden), so I came up to him, took hold of him, and brought him to him (i.e. al-Kadhim), so he (i.e. al-Kadhim) said: O so and so (naming him) – he (i.e. the slave) said: Labbayk! he (i.e. al-Kadhim) said: do you hunger? he said: no my master, he said: do you go unclothed? he said: no my master, he said: then what led you to take this? he said: I desired it, he said: go on – for it is yours, and he said (to the rest of us): leave him be (i.e. do not bother him).

NOTE:

This is the seventh narration in the Bab al-Afw [Chapter on Forgiveness] in Usul al-Kafi.

al-Majlisi says: the Hadith shows the Istihbab of forgiving the thief and even granting him what he had stolen [under specific circumstances].

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن أبي عبدالله، عن سعدن، عن معتب، قال: كان أبوالحسن موسى عليه السلام في حائط له يصرم فنظرت إلى غلام له قد أخذ كارة من تمر فرمى بها وراء الحائط، فأتيته وأخذته وذهبت به إليه، فقلت: جعلت فداك إني وجدت هذا وهذه الكارة فقال للغلام: يا فلان قال: لبيك، قال: أتجوع؟ قال: لا يا سيدي، قال: فتعرى؟ قال: لا يا سيدي، قال: فلاي شئ أخذت هذه؟ قال: اشتهيت ذلك، قال: اذهب فهي لك وقال: خلوا عنه

A number of our companions from Ahmad bin Abi Abdillah from Sa’dan from Mu`attib who said: Abu al-Hasan Musa عليه السلام was in a garden (farm) of his (i.e. belonging to him) harvesting (i.e. cutting the date-palm branches from the trees and picking the ripened fruits), so I saw a slave of his taking a bunch (hand-full) of dates and throwing it behind the wall (of the garden), so I came up to him, took hold of him, and brought him to him (i.e. al-Kadhim), so he (i.e. al-Kadhim) said: O so and so (naming him) – he (i.e. the slave) said: Labbayk! he (i.e. al-Kadhim) said: do you hunger? he said: no my master, he said: do you go unclothed? he said: no my master, he said: then what led you to take this? he said: I desired it, he said: go on – for it is yours, and he said (to the rest of us): leave him be (i.e. do not bother him).

NOTE:

This is the seventh narration in the Bab al-Afw [Chapter on Forgiveness] in Usul al-Kafi.

al-Majlisi says: the Hadith shows the Istihbab of forgiving the thief and even granting him what he had stolen [under specific circumstances].

But, why didn't the slave get punished? Is this a common practice in shariah´ (with slaves) ?

Edited by Ali-F

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن وهب بن عبد ربه وعبيد الله الطويل، عن شيخ من النخع قال: قلت لأبي جعفر (عليه السلام): إني لم أزل واليا منذ زمن الحجاج إلى يومي هذا فهل لي من توبة؟ قال: فسكت ثم أعدت عليه، فقال: لا حتى تؤدي إلى كل ذي حق حقه

Ali bin Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim bin Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Wahb bin Abd Rabbi AND Ubaydallah al-Tawil from an elder from al-Nakha'a (a tribe) who said: I said to Abi Ja'far عليه السلام - I have not ceased being a governor from the times of al-Hajjaj (the governor of the Marwanids over Iraq) up to this day - is there a repentance (possible) for me? he (the man) said: so he (Abi Ja'far عليه السلام) remained silent, then I repeated to him (the question), so he عليه السلام said: No, until you return to everyone who had a right his right.

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن الحسين بن سعيد، عن إبراهيم بن عبد الحميد، عن الوليد بن صبيح، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: ما من مظلمة أشد من مظلمة لا يجد صاحبها عليها عونا إلا الله عز وجل

Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Isa from al-Husayn bin Said from Ibrahim bin Abd al-Hamid from al-Walid bin Sabih from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: there is not an injustice worse (more potent) than the injustice in which its victim does not find any support (resort) in it except Allah the Exalted and Glorified.

Hadith Nos. 3 and 4 from the Chapter on Injustice in the Book of Belief and Disbelief in Usul al-Kafi.

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه ; ومحمد بن إسماعيل، عن الفضل بن شاذان، جميعا، عن حماد بن عيسى، عن ربعي بن عبدالله، عن فضيل بن يسار، عن أبي جعفر(عليه السلام) قال: أشد الناس بلاء الانبياء ثم الاوصياء ثم الاماثل فالاماثل

1. Ali bin Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim bin Hashim) AND Muhammad bin Ismail from al-Fadhl bin Shadhan all together from Hammad bin Isa from Rib'i bin Abdallah from Fudhayl bin Yasar from Abi Ja'far عليه السلام who said: the people who are the most intensely tried are the prophets, then their successors, then the like after the like (i.e. in degrees of closeness to them).

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن أبي أيوب، عن محمد بن مسلم قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله (عليه السلام) يقول: المؤمن لايمضي عليه أربعون ليلة إلا عرض له أمر يحزنه، يذكربه

2. Ali bin Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim bin Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Abi Ayyub (al-Khazzaz) from Muhammad bin Muslim who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: forty nights do not pass by a believer except that something occurs to him (in them) which grieves him - so it reminds him (of Allah). 

أبوعلي الاشعري، عن محمد بن عبدالجبار، عن ابن فضال، عن ابن بكير قال: سألت أبا عبدالله (عليه السلام) أيبتلي المؤمن بالجذام والبرص وأشباه هذا، قال: فقال: وهل كتب البلاء إلا على المؤمن

3. Abu Ali al-Ash'ariy from Muhammad bin Abdil-Jabbar from Ibn Fadhal from Ibn Bukayr who said: I asked Aba Abdillah عليه السلام whether a believer faces trial by way of leprosy and vitiligo and the like, he (Ibn Bukayr) said: so he عليه السلام said: and is the trial written (decreed) for other than the believer!? 

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن علي بن الحكم، عن فضيل بن عثمان، عن أبي عبدالله (عليه السلام) قال: إن في الجنة منزلة لايبلغها عبد إلا بالابتلاء في جسده

4. Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Isa from Ali bin al-Hakam from Fudhayl bin Uthman from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: there is in heaven a station - no slave reaches (achieves) it except by facing trials in his body (i.e. sickness and disability)

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن ابن فضال، عن علي بن عقبة، عن سليمان بن خالد، عن أبي عبدالله (عليه السلام) قال: إنه ليكون للعبد منزلة عند الله فما ينالها إلا بإحدى خصلتين إما بذهاب ماله، أو ببلية في جسده

5. Muhammad bin Yahya from Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Isa from Ibn Fadhal from Ali bin Uqba from Sulayman bin Khalid from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: there happens to be for a slave in front of Allah a potential position (i.e. of closeness to Him), so he (the slave) does not achieve it (i.e. the position) except under one of two situations, either his wealth perishes, or he is tried in his body (i.e. by sickness and disability).

NOTE: All the above Ahadith are Mu'tabar.

عنه، عن أبيه، عن ابن سنان، عن الحسين بن المحتار، عن عبدالله بن أبي يعفور، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: لم يكن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يقول لشئ قدمضى لوكان غيره

From him (Ali b. Ibrahim) from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from Ibn Sinan from al-Husayn b. al-Mukhtar from Abdallah b. Abi Ya'fur from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله never used to say about something that has already passed - if only it could have been something else.

NOTES:

We find people saying about something that has occured - 'if only that had not been - if only this could have occured instead of that', this is against the teachings of the prophet who never contested the decisions of Allah, or second guessed Him, more importantly, we should realize that the past is the past and it cannot be changed.

وعنه ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن هشام بن سالم ، عن أبي عبيدة ، عن أبي عبدالله (عليه السلام) قال : من اشد ما فرض الله على خلقه ذكر الله كثيرا ، ثم قال : لا اعني سبحان الله والحمد لله ولا إله إلا الله والله اكبر ، وان كان منه ، ولكن ذكر الله عندما احلّ وحرّم ، فإن كان طاعة عمل لها وإن كان معصية تركها

And from him (Ali b. Ibrahim) from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Hisham b. Salim from Abi Ubayda from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: among the hardest things that Allah has obligated upon his creation is the excessive remembrance of Him, then he عليه السلام said: I do not mean (repeating) - 'glory be to Allah' and 'all praise is due to Allah' and 'there is no god but Allah' and 'Allah is the greatest', even though this is a part of that (i.e. a part of the obligated excessive remembrance of Allah), but rather - remembering Allah in what he has permitted and forbidden, so if it be an act of obedience he acts upon it, and if it is an act of rebellion he leaves it. (Mu'tabar)

محمد بن الحسن، عن سهل بن زياد، عن يحيى بن المبارك، عن عبد الله بن جبلة، عن إسحاق بن عمار قال: قال أبو عبد الله (عليه السلام): يا إسحاق خف الله كأنك تراه وإن كنت لا تراه فإنه يراك، فإن كنت ترى أنه لا يراك فقد كفرت، وإن كنت تعلم أنه يراك، ثم برزت له بالمعصية، فقد جعلته من أهون الناظرين عليك

Muhammad b. al-Hasan from Sahl b. Ziyad from Yahya b. al-Mubarak from Abdallah b. Jabala from Ishaq b. Ammar who said: Abu Abdillah عليه السلام said: O Ishaq, fear Allah as though you can see Him, for if you cannot see Him then He can see you, but if you think that He cannot see you then you have disbelieved, and if you know that He can see you and yet you display infront of Him your sins then you have considered Him among the most insignificant of observers (watchers) over you (by being able to sin infront of Him without fear).

محمد بن يحيى، عن ابن عيسى، عن ابن أبي نجران، عمن ذكره عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: قلت له: قوم يعملون بالمعاصي ويقولون نرجو فلا يزالون كذلك حتى يأتيهم الموت؟ فقال: هؤلاء قوم يترجحون في الأماني كذبوا ليسوا براجين، إن من رجا شيئا طلبه ومن خاف من شئ هرب منه

Muhammad b. Yahya from Ibn Isa from Ibn Abi Najran from the one he mentioned from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام, he (the companion) said: I said to him عليه السلام – a group of people indulge in sins and say – we hope (i.e. in the mercy of Allah) – so they do not cease being in such a state until death comes to them, so he عليه السلام said: this is a group that hopes in false wishes, they have lied, they do not hope (in the true meaning), verily the one who hopes for something - seeks it, and the one who fears something - runs away from it.

Oh man, I love this hadith subhanAllah.

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن عبد الله بن المغيرة، وغيره، عن طلحة بن زيد، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: مثل الدنيا كمثل ماء البحر كلما شرب منه العطشان ازداد عطشا حتى يقتله

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from `Abdallah b. al-Mughira and others apart from him from Talha b. Zayd from `Abi Abdillah عليه السلام that he عليه السلام said: the similitude of this world is like the water of the sea, however more the thirsty one drinks from it the more he increases in thirst, until it kills him. (Mu'tabar)

الحسين بن محمد الأشعري، عن معلى بن محمد، عن حسن بن علي الوشاء عن عبد الله بن سنان، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: كان أبي (عليه السلام) يقول: خمس دعوات لا تحجبن عن الرب تبارك وتعالى: دعوة الامام المقسط، ودعوة المظلوم يقول الله عز وجل: لانتقمن لك ولو بعد حين، ودعوة الولد الصالح لوالديه ودعوة الوالد الصالح لولده ودعوة المؤمن لأخيه بظهر الغيب، فيقول: ولك مثله

al-Husayn b. Muhammad al-Ash'ari from Mualla b. Muhammad from al-Hasan b. Ali al-Washsha from `Abdallah b. Sinan from Abi `Abdillah عليه السلام who said: my father عليه السلام used to say - five supplications are not veiled from the Lord - Sanctified and Exalted is He: the supplication of a just leader, and the supplication of the opressed one - Allah عز وجل replies (to him) - 'I shall surely avenge you - even if it is after a while', and the supplication of a righteous child for his parent, and the supplication of a righteous parent for his child, and the supplication of a believer for his brother behind his back [in his absence - from afar] - so it is said to him [the supplicant] - 'and for you its like' (i.e. for you also is what you supplicated for your brother).

- أبو علي الأشعري، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن ابن فضال، عن محمد بن الحسين بن كثير الخزاز، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال قال لي: أما تدخل السوق؟ أما ترى الفاكهة تباع؟ والشيء مما تشتهيه؟ فقلت: بلى، فقال: أما إن لك بكل ما تراه فلا تقدر على شرائه حسنة

Abu Ali al-Ash'ari from Muhammad b. Abd al-Jabbar from Ibn Fadhal from Muhammad b. al-Husayn b. Kathiyr al-Khazzaz from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام, he (Muhammad) said: he عليه السلام said to me: don't you enter the market? don't you see therein fruits that are being sold? and things that you desire? I (Muhammad) said: yes I do, so he عليه السلام said: then you have a good deed (written down) for every thing that you see and are not able to buy.

- أبو علي الأشعري، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن ابن فضال، عن محمد بن الحسين بن كثير الخزاز، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال قال لي: أما تدخل السوق؟ أما ترى الفاكهة تباع؟ والشيء مما تشتهيه؟ فقلت: بلى، فقال: أما إن لك بكل ما تراه فلا تقدر على شرائه حسنة

Abu Ali al-Ash'ari from Muhammad b. Abd al-Jabbar from Ibn Fadhal from Muhammad b. al-Husayn b. Kathiyr al-Khazzaz from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام, he (Muhammad) said: he عليه السلام said to me: don't you enter the market? don't you see therein fruits that are being sold? and things that you desire? I (Muhammad) said: yes I do, so he عليه السلام said: then you have a good deed (written down) for every thing that you see and are not able to buy.

I don't understand this hadith - can anyone explain?

I don't understand this hadith - can anyone explain?

Bismillah

My simpleton understanding is that the Imam (as) is reassuring his companion that not having something in this world is not necessary a bad thing. At the same time as reassuring him of what the compensation of not owning something in this world, he is drawing the attention of the companion to the akhirah. Sending the message that 'do not only look at this world', just as we say not all justice is served in this world, much of it is served in the afterlife, the same goes. If we don't have something in this world, it shouldn't cause us sadness because according to this hadith (for this companion at least) he will be given a hasanah in the akhirah for all he couldn't have in this world. 

A hasanah in the akhirah is worth more than any of the temporary and short lasting pleasures and goods of this world, because it is a real hasanah, not apparent goodness, like what we perceive of the pleasures of this world. Hope you got the gist of what i was trying to say.