Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Qa'im

Ahl Al-Bayt Daily

Rate this topic

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن ابن فضال، عمن ذكره، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: من تاب قبل موته بسنة قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن السنة لكثيرة من تاب قبل موته بشهر قبل الله توبته، ثم قال إن الشهر لكثير، من تاب قبل موته بجمعة قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن الجمعة لكثير من تاب قبل موته بيوم قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن يوما لكثير من تاب قبل أن يعاين قبل الله توبته

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ibn Fadhal from the one he mentioned from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام, he عليه السلام said: The messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: whoever seeks repentance a year before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a year is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a month before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a month is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a week before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a week is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a day before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a day is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance (moments) before he sees (the veil is lifted and repentance is impossible) – Allah accepts his repentance.

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن ابن فضال، عمن ذكره، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: من تاب قبل موته بسنة قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن السنة لكثيرة من تاب قبل موته بشهر قبل الله توبته، ثم قال إن الشهر لكثير، من تاب قبل موته بجمعة قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن الجمعة لكثير من تاب قبل موته بيوم قبل الله توبته، ثم قال: إن يوما لكثير من تاب قبل أن يعاين قبل الله توبته

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ibn Fadhal from the one he mentioned from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام, he عليه السلام said: The messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: whoever seeks repentance a year before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a year is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a month before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a month is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a week before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a week is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance a day before his death – Allah accepts his repentance, then he said: a day is too long (a time), whoever seeks repentance (moments) before he sees (the veil is lifted and repentance is impossible) – Allah accepts his repentance.

Allah-hu-Akbar!!!

Note to readers: this hadith DOES NOT imply we do what ever haram and evil we want and then just repent... Remember just as much  Allah is All-Forgiving, He is All-Just too :)

Edited by PureEthics

سبحان الرحمن الرحيم

This does not make any sense for me. If a person can seek repentence before his death, then why did Allah not forgive Firawn (la) ? He also seeked repentence before the moment of his death.

This does not make any sense for me. If a person can seek repentence before his death, then why did Allah not forgive Firawn (la) ? He also seeked repentence before the moment of his death.

The Magicians who were with prophet Musa and went against Pharaoh also believed in Musa before Pharaoh executed them. 

Bismillah

I don't claim to know the wisdom/hikmah behind the hadith, but it could have something to do with already being a Muslim. This may be in regards to Muslims who fall pray to sin. It could also be about Non-Muslims with the condition of sincerity and honest conviction. The example of Fir'aun is outside the boundaries of these examples, there are a few distinguishing factors about his case in particular. 

In any case, the instance of Fir'aun does not contradict this hadith.

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن ابن محبوب، عن هشام بن سالم عن أبي بصير، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: إن العبد المؤمن الفقير ليقول: يا رب ارزقني حتى أفعل كذا وكذا من البر ووجوه الخير، فإذا علم الله عز وجل ذلك منه بصدق نية كتب الله له من الاجر مثل ما يكتب له لو عمله، إن الله واسع كريم

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ibn Mahbub from Hisham b. Salim from Abi Basir from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام - that he عليه السلام said: verily, a poor and believing slave says: 'O my Lord, give me sustenance so that I am able to do such and such a thing of righteousness and other forms of good', so when Allah عز وجل recognizes that this is with a sincere intention from him - He writes for him of reward what He would have written for him if he had actually done it, verily Allah is All-Encompassing - The Most Generous.

Edited by Islamic Salvation

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن معمر بن خلاد قال: سألت أبا الحسن عليه السلام فقلت: جعلت فداك الرجل يكون مع القوم فيجري بينهم كلام يمزحون ويضحكون؟ فقال: لاباس مالم يكن، فظننت أنه عنى الفحش، ثم قال إن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله كان يأتيه الاعرابي فيهدي له الهدية ثم يقول مكانه: أعطنا ثمن هديتنا فيضحك رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وكان إذا اغتم يقول: ما فعل الاعرابي ليته أتانا

Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa from Muammar b. Khallad who said: I asked Aba al-Hasan عليه السلام saying: may I be made your ransom, a man is together with a group (of people), so there occurs between them conversations wherein they joke and laugh (is it permissible)? so he عليه السلام said: there is no problem - as long as 'that' does not occur, so I (Muammar) thought that he عليه السلام meant (i.e. by saying 'that') - 'indecency'; then he عليه السلام said: a bedouin used to come to the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله and give him some things as gifts, then he (the bedouin) used to say to him (jokingly): pay us the price of our gifts, so the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله used to laugh, and whenever he صلى الله عليه وآله used to be sad he would say: what has the bedouin done (i.e. where is he?), if only he could come to us (today). (Mu'tabar)

ـ الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): إذا صافَحَ الرجُلُ صاحِبَهُ فَالذي يَلزَمُ التَّصافُحَ أعظَمُ أجراً مِنَ الذي يَدَعُ، ألاَ وإنَّ الذُّنوبَ لَيَتَحاتُّ فيما بينَهُم حتّى لا يَبقى ذَنبٌ.

Imam al-Baqir (AS) said, ‘When a man shakes his companion’s hand, the one who holds on the longest has the greater reward than the one who lets go. Indeed sins fall off from between them [as a result of it] until finally no sin remains.’[al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 181, no. 13]

via Hadith Browser App for iOS/Android

عنه، عن أبيه، عن محمد بن عمرو فيما أعلم عن أبي علي الحذاء عن حريز، عن زرارة ; ومحمد بن مسلم، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: أبعد ما يكون العبد من الله عزوجل إذا لم يهمه إلا بطنه وفرجه

From him (Ali b. Ibrahim) from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from Muhammad b. `Amr – in what I know (i.e. as far as I know)  – from Abi Ali – the shoe maker – from Hariz from Zurara and Muhammad b. Muslim from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام - that he عليه السلام said: the farthest that a slave becomes from Allah is when nothing concerns him (catches his attention) except his stomach and his privates.

عدة من أصحابنا، عن سهل بن زياد، عن جعفر بن محمد، عن ابن القداح، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: سمع أبي رجلا متعلقا بالبيت وهو يقول: اللهم صل على محمد، فقال له أبي: يا عبد الله لا تبترها لا تظلمنا حقنا قل: اللهم صل على محمد وأهل بيته

A number of our companions from Sahl b. Ziyad from Ja'far b. Muhammad from Ibn al-Qaddah from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام - he عليه السلام said: my father heard a man who was clinging to the House (al-Ka'ba) while saying: O Allah - send salutations upon Muhammad, so he (al-Baqir عليه السلام) said to him: O the slave of Allah, do not cut it off (leave it incomplete), and do not oppress us our rights, say: O Allah - send salutations upon Muhammad and his Ahl al-Bayt.

Islamic Salvation, where do you get these hadiths from? I mean, they're not just those about halal and haram. I mean e.g "Imam Sadiq said: "Don't eat pork, because it is haram" just an imagination...

Thanks (others can also answer this).

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن علي بن النعمان، عن إسحاق بن عمار قال: قال: بلغني عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام أن رجلا أتى النبي صلى الله عليه وآله فقال: يا رسول الله أهل بيتي أبوا إلا توثبا علي وقطيعة لي وشتيمة، فأرفضهم؟ قال: إذا يرفضكم الله جميعا قال: فكيف أصنع؟ قال: تصل من قطعك وتعطي من حرمك وتعفو عمن ظلمك، فإنك إذا فعلت ذلك كان لك من الله عليهم ظهير

Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. `Isa from `Ali b. al-Nu`man from Ishaq b. `Ammar who said: it has reached me from Abi `Abdillah عليه السلام that a man came to the prophet صلى الله عليه وآله and said: O the messenger of Allah – the people of my house [my family] have refused to do anything (else with me) except to rule over me, and to cut me off, and to abuse me, do I reject them? he صلى الله عليه وآله said: then Allah will reject all of you together, he (the man) said: so what do I do? he صلى الله عليه وآله said: you join him (maintain ties with the one) who cut you off, and you give to the one who deprived you, and you forgive the one who oppressed you, for if you do so then you will have from Allah a support (a backing) over them.

Dear Brother Qa'im                                    

FOR  URGENT ATTENTION

(salam)

For people with insufficient access to resources, I think this is simply wonderful. However, If you don't mind I would like to make a small comment.

It appears to me that whoever has slotted the hadeethes into their place in the site has not considered the quality of the language.  I think these translations were made long ago. Or have they been made recently?

Some of the hadeethes would be much better understood if the language was improved a little bit. 

In any case, the translation in one spot is extremely disrespectful to Lady Fatima Zahra (sa).

I reproduce the hadeeth below and on a priority basis, I urgently request you to kindly arrange to have it changed as soon as possible.

I have emboldened the offensive part.

Apart from the fact that the emboldened part is very old English, it could easily be taken to mean something extremely rude and disparaging. 

Here is the hadeeth

Imam Ja`far as-Sadiq [a] said: 

"Fatima [a] was born on the twentieth of Jumada ‘l-Akhira in the forty fifth year from the birth of the Prophet . She resided in Mecca for eight years and in Medina for ten years. And seventy five days after the death of her father she passed away on the Tuesday of the third of Jumada ‘l-Akhira in the eleventh year from the Hijra. And the cause of her death was that Qunfudh, the client of the man, pounded her with the na`l (the silver or iron thing at the lower end of a scabbard) of the sword by his command. So she miscarried Muhsin and became sick from that with a severe illness. And she did not let anyone from those who had hurt her to enter upon her. And two men from the companions of the Prophet asked Amir al-Mu’mineen to intercede for them.

So she responded, and when they entered upon her they said to her, 'How are you, O daughter of the Messenger of Allah?'

So she said, 'Good, praise be to Allah'. Then she said to them, 'Have you not heard the Prophet saying: Fatima is a piece of my flesh, so whoever has hurt her has hurt me and whoever has hurt me has hurt Allah.'

They said, 'Yea'. She said, 'By Allah, you have hurt me'. So they went out from her while she was displeased with them".

UNQUOTE 

- علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن أبان بن عثمان، عن حريز عن وليد بن صبيح، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: من ترك التزويج مخافة العيلة فقد أساء بالله الظن.

Ali Ibn ibrahim from Ibrahim ibn hashim from ibn abi umayr from aban ibn uthmaan, from hurayz from waleed ibn sabeeh from

Imam Jafar as saadiq (as) who said " Whoever leaves marriage being afraid of poverty then he has thought ill of Allah".

(sahih)

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن عمر بن أذينة، عن أبي عبيدة الحذاء قال: سمعت أبا جعفر (عليه السلام) يقول: إن الله تعالى أشد فرحا بتوبة عبده من رجل أضل راحلته وزاده في ليلة ظلماء فوجدها فالله أشد فرحا بتوبة عبده من ذلك الرجل براحلته حين وجدها

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from Ibn Abi Umayr from Umar b. Udhayna from Abi Ubayda - the shoe mender - who said: I heard Aba Ja'far عليه السلام say: verily, Allah - the Exalted - is more happy with the repentance of His servant than a man who loses his riding beast and his provisions (for the journey) on a dark night and then goes on to find it, so Allah is more happy with the repentance of his servant than (the happiness of) that man with his riding beast when he finds it. (Mu'tabar)

And we find in Sahih Muslim:

(*) Nu'man b. Bashir reported: Allah is more pleased with the repentance of a believing servant than (the pleasure) of a person who set out on a journey with provisions of food and drink on the back of his camel. He went on until he came to a waterless desert and felt like sleeping. So he got down under the shade of a tree and was overcome by sleep and his camel ran away. As he got up he tried to look for (the camel) standing upon a mound but did not find it. He then climbed upon another mound, but could not see anything. He then climbed upon the third mound but did not see anything until he came back to the place where he had been previously. And as he was sitting (in utter disappointment) there came to him his camel, till it (camel) placed its nosestring in his hand. Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant than the (pleasure of the) person who found (his lost camel) in this state

(*) Al-Bara' b. 'Azib reported that Allah's Messenger said to him: What is your opinion about the delight of a person whose camel is loaded with provisions of food and drink but is lost - moving about with its nosestring trailing upon the waterless desert in which there is neither food nor drink, and he (the owner) wanders about in search of it until he gets completely exhausted and then accidentally it happens to pass by the trunk of a tree and its nosestring gets entangled by that and he finds it entangled therein? Al-Bara' said: he would feel highly delighted. Thereupon Allah's Messenger said: By Allah, Allah is more delighted at the repentance of His servant than that person (when he finds his lost) camel.

(*) Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger said: Allah is more pleased with the repentance of a servant as he turns towards Him for repentance than this - that one amongst you is upon the camel in a waterless desert and there is upon (that camel) his provision of food and drink and it (the camel) is lost by him, and he, having lost all hope (to get it back) lies down in the shadow and is disappointed about his camel - and just then he finds that the camel is standing before him. He takes hold of his nosestring and then out of boundless (unconstrained) joy says: 'O Lord, Thou art my servant and I am Thy Lord'. Committing the mistake out of extreme delight.

(*) al-Harith b. Suwaid said: I entered upon Abdallah - visiting him as he was sick - so he narrated to us two narrations, one from himself, and one on the authority of the messenger of Allah, he said: I heard Allah's Messenger saying: Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His believing servant than a person who is in a barren and waterless desert and with him is his riding beast carrying food and drink, so he sleeps but gets up to find it gone, so he goes in search for it, until he is stricken with thirst, so he says to himself: 'I will return to the place where I was before and sleep until I die', (so he comes back to the place where he had been before and goes to sleep) placing his head upon his hands waiting for death, so he wakes up - and Lo! there is before him his riding beast and upon it his provisions of food and drink. But Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant than (the happiness) of this one with the recovery of his riding beast along with his provisions (of food and drink).

Imam Sadeq (as) was in Mena where a poor man came to him. The Imam ordered a bunch of grapes to be given to him. The poor man said: I do not need it. I need moneyarrow-10x10.png. The Imam said: My God increase your sustenance? That man went on his way empty-handed. Then another poor man came along and the Imam gave him three single grapes. The poor man took those three single grapes saying:
“praise is due to the Lord of the worlds” who gavearrow-10x10.png my sustenance. The Imam who saw this scene said to him: Wait. The Imam said to his servant: how many Dirhams are on you? He said: About twenty Dirhams. The Imam said: Give all Dirhams to him. The poor man took all Dirhams and said: praise is due to Allah the Lord of the worlds. O God! This bounty comes from you. You are One and have no partner. The Imam further said: Wait.

Then he took off the shirt he was wearing and said: Put it on. That man put on the shirt and said; Praise is due to Allah, that gave a shirt and made me happy. O servant of God! May God rewardarrow-10x10.png you. With these words he said good bye and went away.

The narrator says: we were saying to ourselves: Had he not said good bye, the Imam would have kept on giving away, for every time the poor man said praise is due to Allah, the Imam would give him something.

عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد البراقي ، عن أبيه ، عن فضالة بن أيوب ، عن عمر بن أبان ، عن جابر الجعفي قال : تقبضت بين يدي أبي جعفر عليه السلام فقلت : جعلت فداك ، ربما حزنت من غير مصيبة تصيبني أو ألم ينزل بي حتى يعرف ذلك أهلي في وجهي وصديقي فقال : نعم ياجابر ، إن الله عزوجل خلق المؤمنين من طينة الجنان وأجرى فيهم من ريح روحه ، فلذلك المؤمن أخو المؤمن لابيه وامه ، فإذا أصاب روحا من تلك الارواح في بلد من البلدان حزن ، حزنت هذه لانها منها

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad al-Barqi from his father from Fadhala b. Ayyub fom Umar b. Aban fom Jabir al-Ju’fi who said: I was once overcome by sadness in the presence of Abi Ja’far  عليه السلام – so I said: may I be made your ransom – I sometimes feel sad without an affliction having afflicted me or a matter (trial) having descended upon me (i.e. i become sad without any discernible cause) – such that even my family and friends can recognize that in my face (sadness shows on my face), so he said: yes Jabir (that does happen), Allah created the believers from the clay of the gardens (of paradise), and made flow through them of the wind of his spirit, and that is why the believer is a brother to another believer both from his mother’s and father’s side, so if a soul from among those souls is afflicted in a country among the countries - this one is saddened because it is from (i.e. a part of) that.

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن محمد بن سنان، عن قتيبة الاعشى قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله عليه السلام يقول: المؤمنة أعز من المؤمن والمؤمن أعز من الكبريت الاحمر، فمن رأى منكم الكبريت الاحمر

[al-Kafi] Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa from Muhammad b. Sinan from Qutayba al-Asha who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام say: the female believer is rarer than a male believer and the male believer is rarer than the Red Sulphur (i.e. the powder obtained from grinding the Philosopher's Stone) - and who among you has seen the Red Sulphur?

NOTES:

كبريت الأحمر or Red Sulphur is the legendary substance endlessly sought by all Alchemists as the Elixir of Life - to no avail, and yet a believer is rarer than this.

أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ; ومحمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، جميعا، عن علي بن الحكم، عن هشام بن سالم، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: إذا أحببت رجلا فأخبره بذلك فانه أثبت للموده بينكما

Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid and Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa all together from Ali b. al-Hakam from Hisham b. Salim from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام who said: If you love a man (fellow brother) then inform him of that, for that strengthens the love between the both of you.

أبو علي الأشعري، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن ابن فضال، عن عمر بن أبان، عن سعيد بن الحسن قال: قال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): أيجيئ أحدكم إلى أخيه فيدخل يده في كيسه فيأخذ حاجته فلا يدفعه؟ فقلت: ما أعرف ذلك فينا فقال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): فلا شئ إذا، قلت: فالهلاك إذا، فقال: إن القوم لم يعطوا أحلامهم بعد

[al-Kafi] Abu Ali al-Ash’ari from Muhammad b. Abd al-Jabbar from Ibn Fadhal from Umar b. Aban from Said b. al-Hasan who said: Abu Ja’far عليه السلام said: does it happen that one of you comes to his brother - so he enters his hand into his (brother’s) pocket (without asking) - so he takes what he needs (of money) - and the former does not push him away? So I said: I do not know that in us (i.e. I do not see that happening among us), so Abu Ja’far عليه السلام said: it is nothing then (i.e. you have accomplished nothing if this be the case), I said: then it is only destruction (which awaits us)? he said: the group (Shia) have not been granted their discernment (full intelligence) as of yet.

أبو علي الأشعري، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن ابن فضال، عن عمر بن أبان، عن سعيد بن الحسن قال: قال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): أيجيئ أحدكم إلى أخيه فيدخل يده في كيسه فيأخذ حاجته فلا يدفعه؟ فقلت: ما أعرف ذلك فينا فقال أبو جعفر (عليه السلام): فلا شئ إذا، قلت: فالهلاك إذا، فقال: إن القوم لم يعطوا أحلامهم بعد

Abu Ali al-Ash’ari from Muhammad b. Abd al-Jabbar from Ibn Fadhal from Umar b. Aban from Said b. al-Hasan who said: Abu Ja’far عليه السلام said: does it happen that one of you comes to his brother - so he enters his hand into his (brother’s) pocket, so he takes what he needs (of money) - and the former does not push him away? So I said: I do not know that in us (I do not see that happening among us), so Abu Ja’far عليه السلام said: then it is nothing (you have accomplished nothing), I said: then it is only destruction (which awaits us), he said: the group (Shia) have not been granted their discernment (intelligence) as of yet.

Hadith context is lacking. I think and i hope i am not mistaken that the Imam was answering the man's question which is not mentioned here which should be : When will you (or your Mahdi) rise up?

The Imam said when one of you put his hand in his brother's pocket and take from it with permission that docent need to be spoken.

The man said : that's isn't happening now

The Imam answered : then nothing is going to happen 

the man said : then we are doomed

the Imam said : Shia did not accomplished perfection of intelligence yet.

There is the hadith : 

قال السجاد (ع) : تمتد الغيبة بولي الله الثاني عشر من أوصياء رسول الله (ص) والأئمة بعده ، يا أبا خالد !.. إنّ أهل زمان غيبته ، القائلون بإمامته ، المنتظرون لظهوره أفضل أهل كل زمان ، لأنّ الله - تعالى ذكره - أعطاهم من العقول والأفهام والمعرفة ما صارت به الغيبة عندهم بمنزلة المشاهدة ، وجعلهم في ذلك الزمان بمنزلة المجاهدين بين يدي رسول الله (ص) بالسيف ، أولئك المخلصون حقا ، وشيعتنا صدقاً ، والدعاة إلى دين الله سرّاً وجهراً ، وقال (ع) : انتظار الفرج من أعظم الفرج . ص122 المصدر: الاحتجاج

قلت لأبي : ما أشدّ اجتهادك !.. فقال : يا بنية !.. سيجيء قومٌ بعدنا بصائرهم في دينهم أفضل من اجتهاد أوّليهم . ص130 المصدر: المحاسن ص251

also :

كما في أصل زرّاد(1) قال: " قلت لأبي عبد الله عليه السلام: نخشى أن لا نكون مؤمنين.

قال: ولِمَ ذاك؟

فقلت: وذلك إنّا لا نجد فينا من يكون أخوهُ عنده آثر من درهمه وديناره، ونجد الدينار والدرهم آثر عندنا من أخ قد جمع بيننا وبينه موالاة أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام.

فقال: كلاّ ; انكم مؤمنون، ولكن لا تكملون ايمانكم حتى يخرج قائمنا، فعندها يجمع الله احلامكم "(2).

Hadith context is lacking. I think and i hope i am not mistaken that the Imam was answering the man's question which is not mentioned here which should be : When will you (or your Mahdi) rise up?

The Imam said when one of you put his hand in his brother's pocket and take from it with permission that docent need to be spoken.

The man said : that's isn't happening now

The Imam answered : then nothing is going to happen 

the man said : then we are doomed

the Imam said : Shia did not accomplished perfection of intelligence yet.

There is the hadith : 

قال السجاد (ع) : تمتد الغيبة بولي الله الثاني عشر من أوصياء رسول الله (ص) والأئمة بعده ، يا أبا خالد !.. إنّ أهل زمان غيبته ، القائلون بإمامته ، المنتظرون لظهوره أفضل أهل كل زمان ، لأنّ الله - تعالى ذكره - أعطاهم من العقول والأفهام والمعرفة ما صارت به الغيبة عندهم بمنزلة المشاهدة ، وجعلهم في ذلك الزمان بمنزلة المجاهدين بين يدي رسول الله (ص) بالسيف ، أولئك المخلصون حقا ، وشيعتنا صدقاً ، والدعاة إلى دين الله سرّاً وجهراً ، وقال (ع) : انتظار الفرج من أعظم الفرج . ص122 المصدر: الاحتجاج

قلت لأبي : ما أشدّ اجتهادك !.. فقال : يا بنية !.. سيجيء قومٌ بعدنا بصائرهم في دينهم أفضل من اجتهاد أوّليهم . ص130 المصدر: المحاسن ص251

also :

كما في أصل زرّاد(1) قال: " قلت لأبي عبد الله عليه السلام: نخشى أن لا نكون مؤمنين.

قال: ولِمَ ذاك؟

فقلت: وذلك إنّا لا نجد فينا من يكون أخوهُ عنده آثر من درهمه وديناره، ونجد الدينار والدرهم آثر عندنا من أخ قد جمع بيننا وبينه موالاة أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام.

فقال: كلاّ ; انكم مؤمنون، ولكن لا تكملون ايمانكم حتى يخرج قائمنا، فعندها يجمع الله احلامكم "(2).

Ahsant.

Yes, the Imam is most probably speaking about the Shia at the age of Dhuhur and contrasting them with the Shia in his times, especially when he says  إن القوم لم يعطوا أحلامهم بعد for we know that this is one of the things that the companions of the Qaim are going to be blessed with. 

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد، عن أبيه، عن محمد بن سنان عن طلحة بن زيد قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله عليه السلام يقول: العامل على غير بصيرة كالسائر على غير الطريق لا يزيده سرعة السير إلا بعدا

A number of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid from his father from Muhammad b. Sinan from Talha b. Zayd who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: the one who acts without insight (of true faith) is like a traveler traversing other than the actual path - all his haste of travel does nothing but to to increase him in distance (away from the path).

محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن علي بن النعمان ، عن ابن مسكان ، عن الحسن الصيقل قال : سمعت أبا عبدالله عليه السلام يقول : إن ولي علي عليه السلام لا يأكل إلا الحلال ، لان صاحبه كان كذلك ، وإن ولي عثمان لا يبالي أحلالا أكل أو حراما ، لان صاحبه كذلك ، قال : ثم عاد إلى ذكر علي عليه السلام فقال : أما والذي ذهب بنفسه ما أكل من الدنيا حراما قليلا ولا كثيرا حتى فارقها ، ولا عرض له أمران كلاهما لله طاعة إلا أخذ بأشدهما على بدنه ، ولا نزلت برسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله شديده قط إلا وجهه فيها ثقة به ، ولا أطاق أحد من هذه الامة عمل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله بعده غيره ، ولقد كان يعمل عمل رجل كأنه ينظر إلى الجنة و النار ، ولقد أعتق ألف مملوك من صلب ماله ، كل ذلك تحفى فيه يداه وتعرق فيه جبينه ، التماس وجه الله عزوجل والخلاص من النار ، وما كان قوته إلا الخل والزيت وحلواه التمر إذا وجده ، وملبوسه الكرابيس ، فإذا فضل عن ثيابه شئ دعا بالجلم فجزه

Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Ali b. al-Numan from Ibn Muskan from al-Hasan al-Sayqal who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: the follower of Ali does not consume except that which is Halal, because his man (i.e. Ali) was like that, while the follower of Uthman does not care whether he consumes the Halal or the Haram, because his man (i.e. Uthman) was like that, he (al-Hasan) said: then he (i.e. al-Sadiq) reverted back to the mention of Ali عليه السلام and said: I swear by the One who took away his soul – he did not consume from the world – the Haram – whether less or more – until he left it, he was not presented with two alternatives – both of which fall under obedience to Allah except that he chose the one which was harshest upon his body, there did not descend upon the messenger of Allah a grave trial – ever – except that he (i.e. the messenger) sent him (i.e. Ali) to deal with it – trusting him alone, no one from this Ummah could tolerate to bear the functions (emulate the role) of the messenger of Allah after him (i.e. the messenger) except him (i.e. Ali), he used to perform deeds like those of a man who can see Heaven and Hell, he manumitted a thousand slaves – from the innermost (core) of his wealth – [for the accumulation of which] – he had striven with his bare hands and had perspired his brows, desiring (from all this) the pleasure of Allah – the Mighty and Majestic – and also deliverance from the Fire. His strength was naught but vinegar and olive oil, and his sweet dish was not but dates – if he could find them, his dress was of rough cotton, and if some part of his clothes was found to be lengthier (than required) – he calls for a scissor and clips that off.

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن القاسم بن يحيى، عن جده الحسن بن راشد، عن المثنى الحناط، عن أبي عبدالله عليه السلام قال: كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله إذا ورد عليه أمر يسره قال: الحمد لله على هذه النعمة، وإذا ورد عليه أمر يغتم به قال: الحمد لله على كل حال

Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa from al-Qasim b. Yahya from his grandfather al-Hasan b. Rashid from al-Muthanna al-Hannat from Abi Abdillah عليه السلام that he said: the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله used to say when something occurred that pleased him - "All praise is due to Allah for this blessing", and when there occurs something for which he is saddened he says - "All praise is due to Allah under all conditions". (Mu'tabar)