Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hassan

Are Ahmadis Considered Muslims?

Salam

According to my knowledge, they are divided into two sects ; Qidyanis and lahoris. Qidyanis believe that Mirza gulam ahmed is the awaited mahdi(As), Jesus that was given revelations from good. This belief obviously contradicts the backbone belief of Khatem al nabuwah (seal of the prophet hood). Lahoris on the other hand, have a contrary view to the Qidyanis. They believe that Mirza gulam ahmed was only a scholar and did not receive any revelations from Allah(swt) nor did he have any divine attributes similar to the prophet and in my opinion that brings them inside the fold of Islam.

What I am confused about is that what I read about Qidyanis in the internet does not reflect on what some Ahmadis at my university told me about their beliefs. The Ahmadiyia community in my city is one of the largest in north America, and every time they set up a Dawah event on campus I ask them questions about what they believe in. One "sister" told me that they reject the fact that he was a prophet. She said Ahmadis believe he was only the awaited mahdi and that the last prophet is Muhammed.

What do you guys think?

Edited by mujtaba_iraqi

It's really hard to say, my way of finding out about other sects is to ask the adherents because honestly a lot of websites about the minority groups are typically written by people trying to discredit them so they implement some truth with a lot of lies. I think your asking a sister about their beliefs was the best action to finding out their true views.

It's really hard to say, my way of finding out about other sects is to ask the adherents because honestly a lot of websites about the minority groups are typically written by people trying to discredit them so they implement some truth with a lot of lies. I think your asking a sister about their beliefs was the best action to finding out their true views.

You are right. We as Shias can surely relate to that just like when there are wahabi websites propagating blasphemous and lies about Shiaism. I think the best approach to take when learning about a particular faith is to directly ask their adherents rather than read about them from an entrusted source online.

One thing I forgot to put in my reply was that make sure that the adherent you are speaking to has some knowledge on their faith and isn't a fringe element or minority of their particular group either. Try to ask their community leader or someone along those lines or get more than one opinion

Salam

According to my knowledge, they are divided into two sects ; Qidyanis and lahoris. Qidyanis believe that Mirza gulam ahmed is the awaited mahdi(As), Jesus that was given revelations from good. This belief obviously contradicts the backbone belief of Khatem al nabuwah (seal of the prophet hood). Lahoris on the other hand, have a contrary view to the Qidyanis. They believe that Mirza gulam ahmed was only a scholar and did not receive any revelations from Allah(swt) nor did he have any divine attributes similar to the prophet and in my opinion that brings them inside the fold of Islam.

What I am confused about is that what I read about Qidyanis in the internet does not reflect on what some Ahmadis at my university told me about their beliefs. The Ahmadiyia community in my city is one of the largest in north America, and every time they set up a Dawah event on campus I ask them questions about what they believe in. One "sister" told me that they reject the fact that he was a prophet. She said Ahmadis believe he was only the awaited mahdi and that the last prophet is Muhammed.

What do you guys think?

If she believes that he was the awaited Mehdi, then what were they waiting for him to accomplish and did he accomplish it. The general concept if the Mehdi for both Shias and Sunnis is that he will fulfill Allah (SWT) purpose of a world filled with justice shortly before the end of the world. It would be interesting to know if their conception of the Mehdi is different.

If she believes that he was the awaited Mehdi, then what were they waiting for him to accomplish and did he accomplish it. The general concept if the Mehdi for both Shias and Sunnis is that he will fulfill Allah (SWT) purpose of a world filled with justice shortly before the end of the world. It would be interesting to know if their conception of the Mehdi is different.

Excellent point and well put into words. I will use your argument next time I debate with a Qidyani.