Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
RayanJ

Buddhist Philiosophy Meditation - Allowed Or Not?

Rate this topic

Salams All

Since it is a philosophy and not a religion, can a Muslim learn meditation from techniques of Buddhism as long as there is no shirk or risk of shirk?

Curious as an opportunity has come up to learn some, which sounded quite interesting...

Thanks for your thoughts

R

Salams All

Since it is a philosophy and not a religion, can a Muslim learn meditation from techniques of Buddhism as long as there is no shirk or risk of shirk?

Curious as an opportunity has come up to learn some, which sounded quite interesting...

Thanks for your thoughts

R

They have a certain technique of meditating. You might have in mind Zen. As a Muslim you shouldn't practice it because Zen (as others have said on this thread) is a religion in the sense that it is a way of assimilating individuals to a Non-Dual reality (God even if they don't use this term)! Every religion has its own unique way or form of connecting to the Absolute. Even though Zen may be of a divine origin, as a Muslim, as far as YOU are concerned, you ought not to worship God except in the way God tells you to do so in the Quran, the Prophet (S) and his Family (as)!

:)

Edited by eThErEaL

We should becareful not to make things up in the religion so ask your marja. I did a quick search on sistanis website I didn't see anything.

My personal opinion(again this is my personal opinion) some level of meditation maybe OK but last time I was meditating in a group the guy started good then he started saying things like "you are it. its all inside you. There is nothing outside of your regardless of what that voice says...blah blah blah"

Thats the kind of things we gotta be careful

Its allowed. Ppl here who bring shirk in every question . First they should question their stay in the west whether that's allowed or not ? Whether that's harran or not? Harram is a level below shirk. Go on analyze yazeedi govt and their open killing around the wrld while u all stay mute like sheep not just u, I too must analyze hw harram life I live everyday!