Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AhlulBayt_313

Spreading Ahlul-Bayt (As) Through Art

Rate this topic

Sure, I can do that for you. Just let me know which source you used for the first quote you posted (flower one). Thanks!!

Idk where the source is, sorry. I was sent a bunch of Wallpapers on Islam and or i was looking for some online (cannot remember which one) and one of them was a pic of a Sister with her hand stretched open and on her hand it had that Hadith written of Imam Ali (as)

Idk where the source is, sorry. I was sent a bunch of Wallpapers on Islam and or i was looking for some online (cannot remember which one) and one of them was a pic of a Sister with her hand stretched open and on her hand it had that Hadith written of Imam Ali (as)

Good idea, though I am scared of looking into it and finding out that its not actually a Hadith but its been falsely attributed to Imam Ali (as) :/

Well, I wouldn't be scared. There are many Hadith over the internet with false attributes. It doesn't mean that the quote itself is bad (the meaning behind it may be beneficial); however, if it's used incorrectly by falsely identifying the wrong author, then we have some issues. No worries, I will investigate this quote more thoroughly and get back to you soon, Insha'Allah. Edited by AhlulBayt_313

Wow, amazing.

I am pretty speechless, these pictures with the Ahlul Bayt's (as) sayings on are extremely inspiration and deep.

Thank you GreyMatter (White is Better) <<<Joking :P It's a work in progress. Insha'Allah they will get better!! Edited by AhlulBayt_313

post-106463-0-93661200-1360115187_thumb.

what does the quote mean when it refers to staying silent. i read from a moulana that came here to CT, that "all the atrocities that happen in this world occur not because of evil people, but because of the good people, due to the fact, they stay silent and do not let others know of what is happening" that is paraphrasing it but still you kinda see what he's saying no?

what does the quote mean when it refers to staying silent. i read from a moulana that came here to CT, that "all the atrocities that happen in this world occur not because of evil people, but because of the good people, due to the fact, they stay silent and do not let others know of what is happening" that is paraphrasing it but still you kinda see what he's saying no?

Salam, I hope this is my last edit . I should proof-read more often.

I'm not sure what you read, but Imam Ridha was one of the best educator's in the Islamic World. You have to remember, when the Imam's introduced logic to us, it always came with reason. When you read a particular Hadith from any of the Ahlul-Bayt , you have to take into account that there is more meaning behind the message. Now, going back to what you paraphrased, it has nothing to do with the quote I have posted from Imam Ridha [A]. When we look at the wise sayings on Imam Ridha's [A] authority, he explains silence as a piece of advice. The man you are quoting from said that bad things happen in this world not because of evil people, rather because of good people being silent and not letting people know what's happening? This statement you posted seems to be a direct reflection of battling the soul, rather than the silence. I will explain. First, you need to understand why Imam Ridha [A] told us to stay silent, and second you need to understand that Imam Ridha [A] always promoted silence in his teachings. Sometimes, I feel like people read Hadith's from our Imam's, but they either (One) don’t understand the message, or (Two) they don't understand the Imam himself. Meaning, you can't take a quote from the Ahlul-Bayt and relate it to some other viewpoint, each message that the Ahlul-Bayt teaches goes way beyond each phrase (deeper meaning), also some Hadith relate to a particular story. Let me briefly explain what the message of Imam Ridha [A] represents, then go back to your initial question and you will see that whatever you read does not pertain to the teachings of Imam Ridha [A].

Let's look at the Hadith from our beloved Imam Ridha [A] "Time will come (This means a certain time will come, not implying everyday life) when one's safety lies in ten things nine of which are in staying aloof from people, and the tenth in staying silent (Meaning, it would be wise to stay silent amongst people)." Going back to your quote that you paraphrased, your quote was talking about the "right now" and Imam Ridha [A] was talking in future time, because he specifically used a Time Will Come.

I am glad you asked this question. One thing I've noticed about people who read Hadith, they don't actually take the time to dissect the meanings; however, it depends on how you analyze things. Some people know the difference, whilst other’s just taking a quote at face value. Not implying this of you dear brother, but I am relating it to your comment. You simply cannot take something you read, and then use it to say against the logic or reasoning of the Imam. You must understand his logic and reasoning for each Hadith you are reading.

So, with that being said, let's dive into this a little deeper (I find this to be fun for me). I also am learning, just as you are, so we both will gain from this. Imam Ridha always communicated to us that Silence represents Wisdom.

C. al-Hasan b. al-Jahm reported: [Reason was mentioned in the presence of Abu Hasan al-Ridha [A], who has stated]: "No one pays attention to men of religion who have no reason." I posted this because I want you to reflect first, before you learn. This is how Imam Ali [A] has taught us. Now, Imam Ridha [A] has said: "Some signs of understanding are clemency, knowledge, and silence. Silence is one of the doors to wisdom. It brings about love and is evidence for all good." Now go back to your initial question, and I challenge whatever you read, because it clearly contradicts what our beloved Imam Ridha [A] is teaching us about "silence." I want you to see what he has taught about silence, so you can have an understanding of his work. Imam Ridha [A] has also said: "Silence and controlling the tongue protect the man from great evil and turn him aside from detested things which result from speech and utterance." Silence is not used as a weapon, nor is it used to harm people. Imam Ridha [A] has clearly explained that it is used for safety and it also represents a noble man. We use silence in terms of Wisdom and protection. How amazing is it that our beloved Imam has addressed your other concerns relating to good and evilness amongst people. He went even further to challenge your question, and I think you will now appreciate his true message. Silence represents evidence for all good (hence it doesn't imply evil people as you asked) and it brings about love (hence you implied good people not talking about the worldly issues). SubHan'Allah, Imam Ridha [A] refutes your question from every angle by his teachings.

Imam Ridha [A] said: "As for the quality from his Lord, it is concealing his secret." (In reference to the Nobility of a man), [Allah, the Almighty, has said]: "The Knower of the Unseen does not reveal His secrets to anyone." Allah, the Almighty ordered His Prophet to challenge men, by saying: "Take no forgiveness and enjoin the good, as for the quality from his ruler, it is patience during prosperity and adversity." I added this Hadith because I want you to reflect on your worldly statement a little further...dear brother, we are to have patience during adversity, and this has been said by many Imams’ as well. Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is All-Knowing, and we should respect that whatever challenges come from this world; we should be more concerned with the After-life, not this world. Hold your tongue if it will protect you, and also know that a time will come when you need to guard your tongue, Imam Ridha has explained this as I've posted for you.

The last thing I will leave you with is one of my favorite Hadith's from Imam Ali. I want you to think about good and bad people, and them being silent. Imam Ali has said: "Do not take someone's silence as his pride; perhaps he is busy fighting with himself." (This relates to one's silence as a mere reflection of an inner-Jihad within themselves). I hope I have given you a better perspective from your question, and if you have any more question's, with the knowledge I have, I will do my best to be of service to you, Insha'Allah. I had to use [A] sometimes, because the editing wouldn't let me use that many emotions for (as). Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì please forgive me if anything I’ve said here is wrong. May you have a good day, dear brother. Salam

Edited by AhlulBayt_313

Please don't post images that someone else created. I believe this thread is about creativity and your own creations. I deleted some pictures because it was just downloaded from other sites, and they are nice, but not the purpose of this thread.

Please post creative pictures that you have created.

Ya Ali

PS: This is not a message to the Thread Starter AB, but to other members who kind of took over her thread and posted pictures from other websites.

Edited by AhlulBayt_313