Sign in to follow this  
qarib110

Prophet To India

Rate this topic

There were hundreds of thousands of prophets sent to men all over the world. I forget the exact number but I think it's something like 124,000 prophets total or so. Anyway, I took a religions class last year in college and hinduism actually reminds me of Islam, like it might have been Islam at one point but got changed like what happened with Christianity and Judaism. For example, Hindus actually only believe in one God, but all the gods you see them make are just to represent one trait of their god, kinda like if Muslims started making statues to represent each name of Allah (don't do that tho, that would be haraam) anyway, the exact name of any prophets sent to India are not named in the Quran I believe... But Hindus believe that at the time the Vedas's teachings were first being taught, there were many sages around India who were all right in their teachings who taught Indians about religion. In my personal opinion I think these sages were actually prophets. This is just what I concluded from taking a general religions class tho, I'm not an expert on Hinduism or anything lol take a religions class in Uni if you can, every religion except Shinto reminded me of Islam in a way that just got changed/warped. It was cool :)

(salam),

Allah SAYS IN QURAN "And certainly We raised in every nation a messenger, saying: Serve Allah and shun the devil." (16:36) SO WHICH PROPHET WAS SEND TO INDIA??

Read the verse again. It says a messenger of Allah was sent to every nation. It doesn't say we know all of them or that all of their names have been informed to us, does it? If we've been told that a messenger was sent to every nation, a messenger certainly was sent to every nation. That's that.

That been said India has been home to the oldest and most magnificent civilizations and it is probable that it is one of the nations being referred to in the Qur'aan when it says a messenger was sent to every nation. While no one knows for sure which messenger was sent to them, people have made guesses in the past (but that's just what they are: guesses and conjecture).

Hinduism is of course the dominant religion in India. Profound and prominent Muslim scholars have made claims in the past saying that one or all of Ram, Krishna and Gautama Buddha may have been messengers of Allah but their teachings were later distorted. Although there's no way of confirming this, it is true that the Hindu scriptures have messages which are very similar to those found in the Qur'aan. It is also true that the first idols ever made were those of pious people who worshipped Allah and who the future generations venerated and wanted to remember. So we can be sure that the origin of Hinduism is Islam.

These were my two cents. You can draw your own conclusion from it.

messengers are still present in every part of the world......

That is not true. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was, as the Quran clearly states, the seal of the Messengers and there are no more messengers on the Earth right now, though Imam Mahdi is God's representative on Earth but he is neither a Prophet nor a Messenger.

That is not true. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was, as the Quran clearly states, the seal of the Messengers and there are no more messengers on the Earth right now, though Imam Mahdi is God's representative on Earth but he is neither a Prophet nor a Messenger.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was seal of the Prophets, I don't know about seal of the messengers. He also said "there will be no prophet after me", but nothing about messengers if I'm not mistaken.

It was a desire of imam Husain a.s to visit India don't know about any prophet who has visited India, never heard such thing.

I am extremely curious to know your reference on this statement. I am from India and I too wonder as to why is it that Islam never really got its true stance, in the sense we had the Mughuls who were completely ruthless(most of them) but nothing more than them. I do feel that Hinduism(true Hinduism) is close to Islam, it is one of the oldest religions and has some interesting ancient knowledge. Also Sikhism is extremely close to Islam.

It was a desiof imam Husain a.s to visit India don't know about any prophet who has visited India, never heard such thing.

Hazrath Adam a.s was sent to India first. So we can say that the khilafat, nabuwwat and the human race first landed on India.

I am extremely curious to know your reference on this statement. I am from India and I too wonder as to why is it that Islam never really got its true stance, in the sense we had the Mughuls who were completely ruthless(most of them) but nothing more than them. I do feel that Hinduism(true Hinduism) is close to Islam, it is one of the oldest religions and has some interesting ancient knowledge. Also Sikhism is extremely close to Islam.

Not all some!!! Mughals had many marriages in safavid family of iran. Therefore it wouldn't make sense for safavid to marry in them if they were all "ruthless"

Have a look www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80243-imam-hussains-request-to-go-to-india/

And read wiki of Shia Islam in India.

Proof!!

Ali (as) said: I asked, "O God's messenger, what are the words that are intended in God's saying: Then Adam received (some) words from his Lord? The Prophet (saww) answered:

O Ali, God brought down Adam (from Paradise) in India, Eve in Jeddah , the snake in Isfahan , and the Shaitan in Maysan. In Paradise, nothing was better than the snake, which had four legs like a camel, and the peacock. The Shaitan entered in the interior of the snake and could deceive Adam. Hence, God got angry at the snake. He amputated its legs and said: "I will make the dust as your earnings and will make you walk on your belly. I will not compassionate anyone who treats you kindly." He also got angry at the peacock because it showed the Shaitan the tree. Hence, He took its sound and two legs. For one hundred years, Adam stayed -in India- unable to raise the head to the heavens. He used to put the hands on the head weeping for his guilt. Then, God sent Gabriel the angel to tell him that the Exalted Lord sends His greetings to him and say: "O Adam, have I not created you with My hand? Have I not blown you from My soul? Have I not made the angels bow before you? Have I not given My servant, Eve, to you in marriage? Have I not lodged you in My Paradise? What for are you weeping, then? You should utter these words and God will surely accept your repentance. Say: All praise is due to You. There is no god but You. I had done wrong and wronged myself. Accept my repentance. You are surely the Oft-returning, the Merciful." (These were the words that Adam received from his Lord Who accepted his repentance)

Tuhaf ul uqool

And there is another hadees from imam reza a.s in uyoon.

He a.s was asked about the most beautiful place and he replied : Amandweep in India where hazrat Adam a s landed.

Now I m an Indian and I don't know what they call this place today. It could be Kerala, srilanka, himalayas(origin of the river from paradise i.e., ganges) or lakhsdweep

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was seal of the Prophets, I don't know about seal of the messengers. He also said "there will be no prophet after me", but nothing about messengers if I'm not mistaken.

im not sure we believe in any new messengers or prophets after Muhamed saaw. could be wrong though.

Salamun Alaykum

Dear;

According to what is popular among Muslims, the number of prophets of Allah estimated to 124000 prophets, among them  just a few, were the messengers like the seal of  the prophet" Muhammad" صلی االله علیه و آله who is  also the messenger as the Quran says: 33/40ولکن رسول الله و خاتم النبیین,  then being  a messenger of Allah means that  whosoever is messenger of Allah, for sure he is the prophet as well, but the vice verse is not true "that all all prophets are not messengers", only some out of them are so,  when Ayah says our prophet is رسول الله و خاتم التبیین implies that he is prophet as well ,  so the seal of prophet in the case of our prophet صلی االله علیه و آله means he is the seal of the messengers as well and what was raised by Usama in this regard as a question, is answered  before in Almizan( the book of Allama Tabatabaee).  

It's quite possible that Hinduism had monotheistic roots.  There are many passages in the Bhagavad Gita that preach the oneness of god and even ridicule those people who worship idols.  Perhaps this is what prophet to India may have taught and this message became corrupted over time

If someone actually studies hinduism, they will find many similarities to Islam

Its as if Islam was a reincarnation of Hinduism.

First of all, its a monotheistic religion , meaning they believe in a divine energy, he is called the Brahma. He cannot be personified .

Ensuite, they have Krishna, Vishnu (12 people) , all those are supposed to be the reincarnation of one holy person . They don't actually worship krishna, but they rather intercede through krishna, and popular belief classifies this as Shirk.

another thing, their temples ressemble a lot the mosques and the shrines in Shia Islam lol

But there are too many fairly tales in Hinduism, they need to set up an Ilm Al rijaal team to verify the authenticity of their stories.