Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Narcissus

What Countries Have You Been To?

I've only been to three countries. The United States (where I live), Canada (eh?), and the Bahamas. :) InshaAllah I would love to visit some others. Countries high on my list are Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Egypt, and Syria.

Pakistan (resident)

Afghanistan

Iran

Iraq

Jordan

Syria

Turkey

UAE

Qatar

England (resided)

Scotland (resided)

Switzerland

The Netherlands

Germany

France

Spain

Portugal

Czech Republic

Hungary

Denmark

Transits include:

Saudi Arabia

Oman

Belgium

That's only bit of Asia and Europe. So limited. Would love to go to Vietnam, Cuba, Egypt, and the Balkans.

There are some new entrants to the list since I posted the above. May I update it?

Sweden

Italy

Vatican (if it can be counted as a separate country/territory)

Austria

Slovakia

Thailand

Malaysia

Wow, lucky. Nearly half of that list is where I'd like to go.

Oh and I've been to:

U.S (Given)

Lebanon

Egypt

...And Canada.

Yeah, my dad liked to travel each year to a new place for family vacations...i've been to more, but I don't remember them that much...so I just posted what I remember...

I've only been to three countries. The United States (where I live), Canada (eh?), and the Bahamas. :) InshaAllah I would love to visit some others. Countries high on my list are Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Egypt, and Syria.

If you decide to go to Italy, let me know. I'll tell you where to go and what places to avoid.

USA

Canada

France

Belgium

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Holland

Germany

Austria

North Cyprus

Turkey

Pakistan

Dubai

Egypt

Morocco

Some more than once, planning on some other places this year inshallah.

Going to Morocco again in 2 days time as it were.

Meh, the only updated country I can add to this list is Lebanon - not that I didn't enjoy it, but I haven't explored new territories as of recent (that was in August of last year). Hopefully I'll check out some new destinations this year inshallah. I should be visiting a friend in Iraqi Kurdistan, well the invite has been there for some time, as has another from Serbia. Both somewhat random I know.

Meh, the only updated country I can add to this list is Lebanon - not that I didn't enjoy it, but I haven't explored new territories as of recent (that was in August of last year). Hopefully I'll check out some new destinations this year inshallah. I should be visiting a friend in Iraqi Kurdistan, well the invite has been there for some time, as has another from Serbia. Both somewhat random I know.

Inshallah in time, you will. Keep the flame of love burning, and when the time comes let yourself loose and be part of the new world you hitherto knew only as a thought. Travel makes dreams come true.

I have a plan germinating in my travel mind - to land in Thailand and do a loop, all by road. Thailand-->Laos-->Vietnam-->Cambodia-->Thailand, or the other way round, since it is supposed to be a loop.

While I am Bangkok I might as well try to venture into the wilds of the good old Myanmar seeing now that they have relaxed their visa regime.

Only a tentative plan so far but some thought has to be there for it to come true and real.

U.A.E

Canada

Pakistan

For Transit:

France

U.K

My geography is extremely strong and I love to travel, see the world, get to know different cultures.

I can easily name all landmarks and tourist attractions around the world, in grade 3, while students read Lion King, I extensively studied/memorized all cities, rivers, landmarks, people etc.

But I possess a stupid nationality, a nationality so bad that I get security checks and all sorts of checks, in every airport, travelling with that passport is a nightmare, but I will get another nationality soon, and shall be free to travel :D

Edited by GreyMatter

I can easily name all landmarks and tourist attractions around the world, in grade 3, while students read Lion King, I extensively studied/memorized all cities, rivers, landmarks, people etc.

That could have been me in grade 3.

But I possess a stupid nationality, a nationality so bad that I get security checks and all sorts of checks, in every airport, travelling with that passport is a nightmare, but I will get another nationality soon, and shall be free to travel :D

I posses the same nationality as you and look at the list of my countries (and counting Inshallah) B)

All are self-organised private tours funded out of my own pocket. Nothing "sponsored" by some other party (employer/business) which enables our many compatriots to travel the globe on a worthless passport, and those who otherwise would have never left their city precincts lol.

Where there is a will there is a way.

By the way, even if you change to a fancy Western passport, your name, colour of skin and Place of Birth as entered in your new passport would still make you subject to the same rigorous security checks. You people are just NOT reliable even if you obtain a passport from Mars. :P

Edited by Marbles

That could have been me in grade 3.

I posses the same nationality as you and look at the list of my countries (and counting Inshallah) B)

All are self-organised private tours funded out of my own pocket. Nothing "sponsored" by some other party (employer/business) which enables our many compatriots to travel the globe on a worthless passport, and those who otherwise would have never left their city precincts lol.

Where there is a will there is a way.

By the way, even if you change to a fancy Western passport, your name, colour of skin and Place of Birth as entered in your new passport would still make you subject to the same rigorous security checks. You people are just NOT reliable even if you obtain a passport from Mars. :P

Have you been in transit at Heathrow Airport during a freakin' terrorist threat?

I have, wasn't good, at all.

-_-

Live in uk (england)

Been to iraq 3 times.

Been to iran, but was also born in iran

Lived in syria for 2 years when i was really young

Dubai for my honeymoon

Lebanon, jordon, kuwait, france, belgium, germany, holland as family holidays

I think thats all.

But i love to travel and want to travel the world! Every major city, its so nice to see the world. SubhanAllah Allah has created a beautiful world.

Live in uk (england)

Been to iraq 3 times.

Been to iran, but was also born in iran

Lived in syria for 2 years when i was really young

Dubai for my honeymoon

Lebanon, jordon, kuwait, france, belgium, germany, holland as family holidays

I think thats all.

But i love to travel and want to travel the world! Every major city, its so nice to see the world. SubhanAllah Allah has created a beautiful world.

Is it not very difficult to move house specially when the distination is in another country?!

Well I was quite young so do not remember it much, but my family left iraq because of saddam and lived in iran, i was born in iran but we moved to syria after a short time. After syria my father decided he needed to get out of there and headed for england.

But it is diffcult. I have friends who have married from abroad and moved to a different country, they do find it gets lonely.

I got married and moved to a different city which is an hour away from my family and i find it hard being far away from them.

But with time you get used to it, id say the first few months are hard after that you just get into a different rountine and get used to it.

Yes, living in a town/ country where you have no relative or friend can be very difficult. Moving house and furnitures can also be difficult and troublesome unless you preplan for everything. I cannot understand how families who have little children can easily move house without the help from their families and relatives.

I think realistically you would not take furniture with you. You would find a new home and buy almost everything new.

My parents had 5 young children but they felt they were forced to move in order to have a better future for their children.

Sometimes they dont have a choice but they just have to make the best of the situation they are put in.

What probably helped was that my dad brought me and my older brother with him here. He had his sister here and we lived with them until my dad managed to get us a house and settle in. Then a year later my mum, two sisters and younger brother came over.

Australia

Britain

Ireland

Iran

France

Saudi

Singapore

Tanzania

UAE

Zanzibar

Hmm, pretty shabby list now that i've put it down on paper (so to speak). This is what happens when you have an iraqi mom who makes you feel guilty as sin if you don't go home for every single vacation

iA i add Iraq to that list someday soon : )

I think realistically you would not take furniture with you. You would find a new home and buy almost everything new.

My parents had 5 young children but they felt they were forced to move in order to have a better future for their children.

Sometimes they dont have a choice but they just have to make the best of the situation they are put in.

What probably helped was that my dad brought me and my older brother with him here. He had his sister here and we lived with them until my dad managed to get us a house and settle in. Then a year later my mum, two sisters and younger brother came over.

Thank you for the explanation. I think people like your parents (specially mothers) who manage a family with 4-5 children must be very strong.

Australia

Britain

Ireland

Iran

France

Saudi

Singapore

Tanzania

UAE

Zanzibar

Hmm, pretty shabby list now that i've put it down on paper (so to speak). This is what happens when you have an iraqi mom who makes you feel guilty as sin if you don't go home for every single vacation

iA i add Iraq to that list someday soon : )

Iraqi mum and East African dad, I presume?

To update, I have been to these countries, in this order: 

US

Mexico

Dubai

Iran

Germany

Canada

Ireland, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Turkey, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, USA, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua, Dominican Republic, St. Vincent, St. Kitts and British Virgin Islands... I believe that's all of them.

Wishlist: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Morocco, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Thailand, Bali, Fiji. 

damn some of you have been to so many countries it's amazing , well the only countries I have been to are :

Qatar (when I was 1-3 we lived in Qatar although me and my older sis were born in the UK )

Pakistan ( here's a fun fact , I went to boarding school in Pakistan from the ages of 12 - 14 and moved back to the uk in tenth grade , my parents and family were all in the uk whilst I was in boarding school for 2 and a half years)

USA ( when I was 10 years old me and my cousin got invited by my uncle and other cousins in New York to stay and visit them it was truly a wonderful experience and I enjoyed every bit of it )

Iran ( When I was 17 I had the blessed opportunity too visit the holy shrines of bibi masooma (sa) and imam al raza (as) It was a life changing experience and inshallah may Allah swt give me the opportunity to go again )

Jordan ( I don't know if this counts but on the way to Iran our plane stopped at Jordan for a few hours , but we didn't really get time to explore anything but maybe it counts because technically I was in that country :grin:

And that's pretty much it so far , here are the countries I plan on going to soon inshallah :

Japan ( who doesn't love japan ?XD)

USA ( again but to different states )

Portugal ( their is a special place located their that I must go to )

South Africa ( No reason in particular )

Turkey ( I may be going here very soon because my friend has invited me in july to come visit him and his sister )

Norway ( I have been invited here by my cousin and his friends but may go there next year )

Sweden ( I was meant to go Sweden in summer with my mentor and her other students but I told her I won't be able too , but she said she will arrange a trip in November and I told her I can come to that one inshallah )

Hijaz ( only for Makkah and Madinah )

Iraq ( for aba abdillah (as) and the rest of the masomeen (as) )

Gibraltar ( inshallah I will be going here in September for 2 weeks )

Iceland ( it is so beautiful and in particular my main reason to go there is for the northern lights )

1 hour ago, Tonks said:

What is Gibraltar? Or Where lol

haven't you heard of the idiom 'as solid as the rock of Gibraltar'? :grin:

Gibraltar (derived from Jabal al tariq) is a British territory located near Spain.