Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Narcissus

What Countries Have You Been To?

Live in uk (england)

Been to iraq 3 times.

Been to iran, but was also born in iran

Lived in syria for 2 years when i was really young

Dubai for my honeymoon

Lebanon, jordon, kuwait, france, belgium, germany, holland as family holidays

I think thats all.

But i love to travel and want to travel the world! Every major city, its so nice to see the world. SubhanAllah Allah has created a beautiful world.

Is it not very difficult to move house specially when the distination is in another country?!

Well I was quite young so do not remember it much, but my family left iraq because of saddam and lived in iran, i was born in iran but we moved to syria after a short time. After syria my father decided he needed to get out of there and headed for england.

But it is diffcult. I have friends who have married from abroad and moved to a different country, they do find it gets lonely.

I got married and moved to a different city which is an hour away from my family and i find it hard being far away from them.

But with time you get used to it, id say the first few months are hard after that you just get into a different rountine and get used to it.

Yes, living in a town/ country where you have no relative or friend can be very difficult. Moving house and furnitures can also be difficult and troublesome unless you preplan for everything. I cannot understand how families who have little children can easily move house without the help from their families and relatives.

I think realistically you would not take furniture with you. You would find a new home and buy almost everything new.

My parents had 5 young children but they felt they were forced to move in order to have a better future for their children.

Sometimes they dont have a choice but they just have to make the best of the situation they are put in.

What probably helped was that my dad brought me and my older brother with him here. He had his sister here and we lived with them until my dad managed to get us a house and settle in. Then a year later my mum, two sisters and younger brother came over.

Australia

Britain

Ireland

Iran

France

Saudi

Singapore

Tanzania

UAE

Zanzibar

Hmm, pretty shabby list now that i've put it down on paper (so to speak). This is what happens when you have an iraqi mom who makes you feel guilty as sin if you don't go home for every single vacation

iA i add Iraq to that list someday soon : )

I think realistically you would not take furniture with you. You would find a new home and buy almost everything new.

My parents had 5 young children but they felt they were forced to move in order to have a better future for their children.

Sometimes they dont have a choice but they just have to make the best of the situation they are put in.

What probably helped was that my dad brought me and my older brother with him here. He had his sister here and we lived with them until my dad managed to get us a house and settle in. Then a year later my mum, two sisters and younger brother came over.

Thank you for the explanation. I think people like your parents (specially mothers) who manage a family with 4-5 children must be very strong.

Australia

Britain

Ireland

Iran

France

Saudi

Singapore

Tanzania

UAE

Zanzibar

Hmm, pretty shabby list now that i've put it down on paper (so to speak). This is what happens when you have an iraqi mom who makes you feel guilty as sin if you don't go home for every single vacation

iA i add Iraq to that list someday soon : )

Iraqi mum and East African dad, I presume?

To update, I have been to these countries, in this order: 

US

Mexico

Dubai

Iran

Germany

Canada

Ireland, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Turkey, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, USA, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua, Dominican Republic, St. Vincent, St. Kitts and British Virgin Islands... I believe that's all of them.

Wishlist: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Morocco, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Thailand, Bali, Fiji. 

damn some of you have been to so many countries it's amazing , well the only countries I have been to are :

Qatar (when I was 1-3 we lived in Qatar although me and my older sis were born in the UK )

Pakistan ( here's a fun fact , I went to boarding school in Pakistan from the ages of 12 - 14 and moved back to the uk in tenth grade , my parents and family were all in the uk whilst I was in boarding school for 2 and a half years)

USA ( when I was 10 years old me and my cousin got invited by my uncle and other cousins in New York to stay and visit them it was truly a wonderful experience and I enjoyed every bit of it )

Iran ( When I was 17 I had the blessed opportunity too visit the holy shrines of bibi masooma (sa) and imam al raza (as) It was a life changing experience and inshallah may Allah swt give me the opportunity to go again )

Jordan ( I don't know if this counts but on the way to Iran our plane stopped at Jordan for a few hours , but we didn't really get time to explore anything but maybe it counts because technically I was in that country :grin:

And that's pretty much it so far , here are the countries I plan on going to soon inshallah :

Japan ( who doesn't love japan ?XD)

USA ( again but to different states )

Portugal ( their is a special place located their that I must go to )

South Africa ( No reason in particular )

Turkey ( I may be going here very soon because my friend has invited me in july to come visit him and his sister )

Norway ( I have been invited here by my cousin and his friends but may go there next year )

Sweden ( I was meant to go Sweden in summer with my mentor and her other students but I told her I won't be able too , but she said she will arrange a trip in November and I told her I can come to that one inshallah )

Hijaz ( only for Makkah and Madinah )

Iraq ( for aba abdillah (as) and the rest of the masomeen (as) )

Gibraltar ( inshallah I will be going here in September for 2 weeks )

Iceland ( it is so beautiful and in particular my main reason to go there is for the northern lights )

1 hour ago, Tonks said:

What is Gibraltar? Or Where lol

haven't you heard of the idiom 'as solid as the rock of Gibraltar'? :grin:

Gibraltar (derived from Jabal al tariq) is a British territory located near Spain.