Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Macdonalds Cheese Halal?

Rate this topic

Django

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

According to Ayatullah Sistani in regards to rennet:

(Q.28) If it was known that cheeses imported from non-Muslim countries contain animal rennet (calf or goat) or animal enzyme, is it permissible to consume?

There is no harm in consuming the first two categories; and the third too, unless it is known that it was taken from an unslaughtered animal. Allah is All Knowing

I tend to stay clear of McDonalds due to its associations anyway so have never actually contacted them to find their source. If you are so concerned why don't you email the office for your area as the same cheese is unlikely to be used all over the world.

Please do not make stuff up.

I was reading the other day that McDonalds belongs to an organization that funds israeli military.

Thus eating there is Haram

Salam.

I don't meant to be harsh what happens when you leave Halal and Haram up to people who are NOT mujtahid.

According to Ayatullah Seestani, eating non meat there is NOT haram. Also according to Quran you can eatting the non meat food of people of the book is OK.

Now Israel being a crazy racists state killing innocent people and a few commercial businesses supporting it, from sharia prospective, doesn't make things halal or haram. You can choose not to eat it but if you do, you haven't sinned!

Edited by faithfuls.org

(wasalam)

(Q.28) If it was known that cheeses imported from non-Muslim countries contain animal rennet (calf or goat) or animal enzyme, is it permissible to consume?

There is no harm in consuming the first two categories; and the third too, unless it is known that it was taken from an unslaughtered animal. Allah is All Knowing

I tend to stay clear of McDonalds due to its associations anyway so have never actually contacted them to find their source. If you are so concerned why don't you email the office for your area as the same cheese is unlikely to be used all over the world.

Ya their food is bad for you anyway. Who knows what they made things with. They make a lot of their food in the lab. They can't keep up with people's demands sometimes.

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

I was familiar with sistani's advice on this just wanted to know if the particular rennet they use was halal. I emailed macdonalds already but haven't received a reply. I wanted to save myself a long phone call!

McDonalds itself if haram so its irrelevant whether or not its cheese is haram or not.

I'm not sure how macdonald's supports Israel, admittedly I haven't look into it too hard. Can you show me some hard proof?

Anyway just so you know I don't live at macdonald's, I rarely go there, I just want to know if I can buy a fish burger or not.

Salam.

I don't meant to be harsh what happens when you leave Halal and Haram up to people who are NOT mujtahid.

According to Ayatullah Seestani, eating non meat there is NOT haram. Also according to Quran you can eatting the non meat food of people of the book is OK.

Now Israel being a crazy racists state killing innocent people and a few commercial businesses supporting it, from sharia prospective, doesn't make things halal or haram. You can choose not to eat it but if you do, you haven't sinned!

What I stated is according to great Maraji'.

Please do not make stuff up.

Salam.

McDonalds supports Isreal though... so just in case you were wondering the fatwa on it:

Question :

I know there is a company which is helping Israel monthly. What is the fatwa about working in such a company and purchasing its products?

Answer :

If it allocates part of its income for supporting Israel, it is not permissible.

Question :

Is it permissible to buy or sell Israeli products?

Answer :

It is not permissible.

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=616687&id=1218

• Advanced Member

While we are on the topic of consuming haraam food unknowingly.

Sometimes even if you order a something like--fish or fries or anything that is potentially being fried. Would it be safe to assume that they are being fried in the same oil as other meat? Which contaminates the oil your halaal food is being fried in. Therefore making your food haraam? In these instances, are we obliged to ask each time we want to order something whether it is being fried/cooked in such a manner?

• Advanced Member

While we are on the topic of consuming haraam food unknowingly.

Sometimes even if you order a something like--fish or fries or anything that is potentially being fried. Would it be safe to assume that they are being fried in the same oil as other meat? Which contaminates the oil your halaal food is being fried in. Therefore making your food haraam? In these instances, are we obliged to ask each time we want to order something whether it is being fried/cooked in such a manner?

I think it makes the food haram so I always ask if I'm eating somewhere new.

Unless cheese comes from a pig which ive never heard of pig cheese its ok, as far as an animal being slaughtered to create cheese. That's not required so yes cheese is halal whether or not anything else from mcdonalds is halal is dependent on whether or not its cooked in things like pig fat etc. There is quite a difference between good for you physically and religiously forbidden. As far as the political commentary that scholars are declaring things to be haram because they support various political regimes is absolute nonsense. You cant declare halal and haram from political disagreements and these "scholars" should know better than that. If political allegiance is a declaration of whether or not something is halal or haram then each and everyone of us in the west had better leave since we are living in a state of haram according to that logic.