Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

My Experience From Slaughtering Sheep

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

A few days ago I slaughtered a chicken and it had the same distressed reaction as I laid it down. I patted it with one hand as I said inna lillah... and darood and strangely it became calm, closed it eyes and remained relatively much peaceful as if helping me through the procedure. I cut its two jugulars and then the wind and food pipes and let it go but there weren't any violent convulsions in its body as it bleed to death. Later, it tasted great too.

• 4 weeks later...

Every time I eat meat, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. A goat, a chicken, a living being had to loose its life for me to fill my fill for one meal only. All the heavens worked to bring that one meal on my table. Countless people toiled to till the land so I get a piece of bread on my table, the whole system of clouds, and sun, and water had to be in the right place, correct proportions for me to eat that one bowl of salad.

We are immensely in debted to our Rabb Allah (swt), are We paying our dues, our deen to Him.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

There is (i) tenderness of the heart and (ii) weakness of the heart. It is possible for a person to say, 'I never slaughtered a sheep or chicken in my entire life.' This, [however], is not tenderness of the heart, but rather weakness of the soul, because this same person whom says that I cannot bear witnessing a slaughtered sheep cares less if the smell of the kabob reaches the nose of the poor nor is his heart moved by it or even thinks about them when he consumes kabob [made of] sheep meat. - Ayatullah Jawadi Amoli

Wassalam

• Veteran Member

First, I learned that life isn't always beautiful and good looking. You have to experience hardship and go through some phases in life. Some things might seem horrible, disgusting, and immoral, but if it weren't for these things then we wouldn't have been able to eat meat.

well said.

• Veteran Member

Translation: Today they slaughtered a sheep for me. How much I suffered, I felt a great pain. When the blood flowed from its throat, I felt that it was my own blood spattering on the soil. I could see the poor animal struggling for survival. It was shaking its legs. It wanted to scream and cry and beg for help…It felt that it was oppressed. It felt that the whole world was oppressing it. It felt that everyone was its enemy and was happy about its death. It felt that everyone waited for seeing it soaked in blood. It begged and pleaded. It sought at least one just man. O humans! Where is your conscience? Where is your humanity? Are not you supposed to defend the oppressed? Why don’t you let me scream? Why don’t you give me the opportunity to cry? Why don’t you let me shed tears? … O God! I can hear the voice of this innocent animal. I can feel its pain. I can see tears in its eyes. I know that it is innocent. I can see it asking me for help and I am all ready to witness its innocence and ask the people not to kill this defenseless animal for the sake of God and for the sake of me… I want to shout “stop it! Don’t kill this poor animal for me!”. But it seems that the animal can’t say anything and I can’t move…

Sorry that it is not complete.

Edited by shadow_of_light
  • Veteran Member

^ I think that for your own piece of mind, you should just buy your meat from the butchers.

A friend of mine told me that when he was young, his family bought a lamb to slaughter on eid, but as they had kept it for a month or two before hand, he became attached to it, and didn't let them kill it, they didn't in the end (on that day, I'm not sure what the ultimate outcome was)

Today they slaughtered a sheep for me. How much I suffered, I felt a great pain. When the blood flowed from its throat, I felt that it was my own blood spattering on the soil. I could see the poor animal struggling for survival. It was shaking its legs. It wanted to scream and cry and beg for help…It felt that it was oppressed. It felt that the whole world was oppressing it. It felt that everyone was its enemy and was happy about its death. It felt that everyone waited for seeing it soaked in blood. It begged and pleaded. It sought at least one just man. O humans! Where is your conscience? Where is your humanity? Are not you supposed to defend the oppressed? Why don’t you let me scream? Why don’t you give me the opportunity to cry? Why don’t you let me shed tears? … O God! I can hear the voice of this innocent animal. I can feel its pain. I can see tears in its eyes. I know that it is innocent. I can see it asking me for help and I am all ready to witness its innocence and ask the people not to kill this defenseless animal for the sake of God and for the sake of me… I want to shout “stop it! Don’t kill this poor animal for me!”. But it seems that the animal can’t say anything and I can’t move…

Sorry that it is not complete.

Thats how I felt too :( . This is life.

A friend of mine told me that his father in Pakistan would buy a lamb and would become its "friend". After a few months he would slaughter it for eid. When asked why he did it, he explained that a sacrifice is when a person slaughters that which he is attached to. I thought that was interesting.

• Veteran Member

^ I think that for your own piece of mind, you should just buy your meat from the butchers.

We do. It was not my memory. It was someone else's.

Thats how I felt too :( . This is life.

A friend of mine told me that his father in Pakistan would buy a lamb and would become its "friend". After a few months he would slaughter it for eid. When asked why he did it, he explained that a sacrifice is when a person slaughters that which he is attached to. I thought that was interesting.

According to some narrations, it is better not to slaughter the animals which we have kept and raised in our homes.

It's definitely a cruel thing to do. The sheep is murdered by the human, and you eat its flesh.

Do we dislike caniballism because we are more intelligent as a species ?

What about the brain dead or those with mental ilnesses and disabilities?

I eat meat by the way, i dislike it, i can eat alternative meats, but i do it anyway.

oh my! :( I love sheep! :'( what did you do with their wool!

u can just kill a fish (take it out of the water) and u will feel the same with less blood

You have got to be a sister lol.

Why should he kill the poor fish? Why not the sheep?

Don't kill the poor fish OP, let them swim home.

Kill the sheep!

Edited by Rational Thinking