Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran 'successfully Sends Monkey Into Space'

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

These valuable resources should be spent on developing the country. Poverty has increased dramatically with the latest sanctions, and space programs are expansive.

Allah allam

I don't think Iran's leaders are ignorant of the fact that some level of poverty exists in the country nor are they merely heartless prefering to reach for the stars instead of reaching out to their people. The layman may suppose that 'this money is better spent on the tangible issues' but economic planning and development is more complicated than that.

It might seem paradoxical to the casual observer but a space program can in fact be the means to an economic end - a space program is an 'economic driver'. The United States' Apollo program is a good example to bear in mind. At the time many people opposed it on the same grounds that it was 'a waste of money' that is better spent on poverty programs. But these people were proven wrong when the Apollo program was found to actually stimulate economic growth and by driving technological development it created many jobs. For a country which is under sever sanctions, the pursuit of higher technologies such as the nuclear and space programs are good initiatives to drive economic growth. In the course of accomplishing such high scientific/technological objectives an arduous learning process is traversed which allows Iran to create several other technologies and industries, which among other things translates into jobs.

Islamic Iran is currently among the top 4 space powers in Asia (China, India, Japan, Iran). I look forward to Iran's manned space mission (2019) and the not too distant lunar/Moon mission (2025). And extrapolating at the current growth rate of Iran;s space program I think it's not far-fetched that the Islamic Republic of Iran would be the first to colonise Titan :)

Edited by MajiC

The hypocrisy of western powers who condemn Iran for attempting to make nuclear weapons,

One thing that I continue to notice over time. People, often, and this is a perfect example. Often you will hear "President bush did this, bush did that"...

Well, bush is gone now. Legislators continually come and go. The government is ever changing.

And yet, we see people saying "hypocrisy of western powers". The manhattan project came about in 1942. That is, over 70 years ago. So, do people believe that the leaders of today are the same ones from 70 years ago.

Obviously not. So how can "western powers" of modern times be hypocrites, when they are not responsible for the actions that they are criticizing others of?

Its not like the obama administration has been dropping nuclear bombs and is saying "no you cant do that". The current administration is far different than that 70 years ago, as is the knowledge and practices that are held by them.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Also, not only are administrations and legislators ever changing, but so are the people. I am not my forefathers, so I see no reason that I couldnt criticize someone for building nuclear weapons. Nor does the government see any reason why they cannot either, and I think theyre justified in doing so.

Edited by iDevonian

To reverse the decision would be to say "ok, it's fine, everyone build super bombs, we don't care". Now, we know that isn't going to happen, especially with all these crazy Wahhabi running around.

Why do they allow israel to hold a plethora of nuclear weapons, and pakistan too ? Why do they keep quiet when israel sieged gaza in 2009?

I like Obama, and i know in his heart he probably see's it like a normal human does. He is doing a very fine balancing act, appeasing the israeli lobby enough, but backing away and giving subtle support for palestine. Look at his choice of a new defence secetary, a man who does not simply let israel have their say.

I love America, the culture, the people ect, but certianly not 90% of their foreign policy.

Why would the us dismantle their bombs when there are plenty of other countries, including less stable countries and enemy countries and countries like Russia(notorious for trying to take things over just as the US had been), who are not? Also, whether or not the bombs exist, doesn't correlate to their use in the hands of the current administration. Not only that, but whether or not the us has nuclear missiles (or any other county that does), really doesn't necessarily relate to whether or not they can justifiably criticize others for having them.

Why would the us dismantle their bombs when there are plenty of other countries, including less stable countries and enemy countries and countries like Russia(notorious for trying to take things over just as the US had been), who are not? Also, whether or not the bombs exist, doesn't correlate to their use in the hands of the current administration. Not only that, but whether or not the us has nuclear missiles (or any other county that does), really doesn't necessarily relate to whether or not they can justifiably criticize others for having them.

Why are we having this discussion then? What is hypocrisy in your opinion?

• Veteran Member

Poor, poor monkey. CRUEL fascistic Iran. :( I shall light candles for him and build a forum to mourn the oppressed monkey.~

Its not like the obama administration has been dropping nuclear bombs and is saying "no you cant do that".

Under Obama there has been dumped into foreign soils thousands of tonnes of depleted uranium radioactive waste. And the non-nuclear bombs thrown exceed the megatons of bombing power that the nukes over Japan had. Babies are born deformed and dying because of your American nuclear waste being dumped into innocent peoples' lands. Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians have died, lost property, businesses, paid war tax to the world's war ape -- your country. So in fact he has done a lot more damage.

Take some responsibility.

Poor, poor monkey. CRUEL fascistic Iran. :( I shall light candles for him and build a forum to mourn the oppressed monkey.~

Under Obama there has been dumped into foreign soils thousands of tonnes of depleted uranium radioactive waste. And the non-nuclear bombs thrown exceed the megatons of bombing power that the nukes over Japan had. Babies are born deformed and dying because of your American nuclear waste being dumped into innocent peoples' lands. Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians have died, lost property, businesses, paid war tax to the world's war ape -- your country. So in fact he has done a lot more damage.

Take some responsibility.

There is a difference between having an issue with obama using a nuke, and having an issue with obama using any weapon, or an issue with obama being a hypocrite.

Of course, war is wrong, in just about any way you view it, on any side of the table. However, that isnt what the conversation has been about. Rather than discussing right and wrong, we have been discussing hypocrisy related to nuclear arms.

If we want to talk about right and wrong, we would be pointing fingers at every country at all times.

Edited by iDevonian
  • Veteran Member

There is a difference between having an issue with obama using a nuke, and having an issue with obama using any weapon, or an issue with obama being a hypocrite.

Of course, war is wrong, in just about any way you view it, on any side of the table. However, that isnt what the conversation has been about. Rather than discussing right and wrong, we have been discussing hypocrisy related to nuclear arms.

If we want to talk about right and wrong, we would be pointing fingers at every country at all times.

I beg to differ. All those bombs and bullets are full of DU (Depleted Uranium). DU projectiles are deliberately copiously used in your infantry's small arms. The bombs are all DU encased except the explosive and triggering mechanisms. It is to get rid of the toxic nuclear waste and dump it into your enemy's (our) territories. They are nuclear / radioactive weapons, granted there is no fission involved but the results are the same and its the same sort of heinous crime. Try explaining the "difference" here to all those deformed newborns in Iraq and their parents or perhaps in a senate full of Western puppets who will agree to anything as long as they are well fed on your table crumbs.

There are toxic carcinogens involved in just about every aspect of war, not just weapons. I can assure u, more damage is done by the weapons themselves than any after effect related to uranium.

Also, war is war. It involves multiple parties, so it isn't too difficult to shift blame on Iraqi fighters as well. There are crazy Wahhabi over there causing problems to this day, again far greater than any uranium impact.

Edited by iDevonian
  • Veteran Member

They were absolutely right. I'm going to make a little shrine in my room with that monkey's picture in it and light candles and incense in its weekly rememberings. I shall also write poems to highlight this grievous cruelty to a living soul. They had no right to abduct him and strap him to a rocket against his will like that!

• Veteran Member

A poor monkey? :lol: From an animal zoo to a million dollar-ride, and the monkey did it for free, yet the poor monkey? Who can afford to go into space with all attentions given? B)

Anyhow, this remind me of the day when Obama killed the fly during an interview and then there was a drama in the media, and then he apologized. [?]

While the same guy orders the killing of thousands of ppl on daily basis across the world yet no questions, and a total indifference by these fly and monkey lovers.

How politics destroyed the human mentality, a fly's life, a monkey’s life, AND THEN the humans' life, the value of life in the eyes of these people! We need to take an absolute opposite side to these 'Satan' followers. We are for human life!

Tell them to show mercy on the living conditions of millions of human beings who are dying of hunger on monthly basis and whose conditions are worse than your animals in your local zoos who have food, water, medicine, and a few guards who safeguard them and clean after them. Or at lead stop funding and supporting wars, dictators and terrorism!

Edited by Noah-
  • Advanced Member

Enough fo the nonesense. They brought the monkey for a press conference a couple of hours ago. See how happy he is:

borna_ghasemi-11-49.jpg

The monkey is really happy and has no problems. He seems to be laughing at all the jealous fools making absurd comments about him. Please, no more shedding crocodile tears for the monkey.

And here is the return capsule:

borna%20ghasemi-4-63.jpg

Edited by hadez803
  • Advanced Member

In America's space programme, multiple monkeys were used after the first one suffocated on its journey into space. What's more, apparently America chose to leave one of the monkeys in space because of the financial costs of bringing it back.

Many other countries sent animals such as monkeys or dogs before sending humans into space. This monkey on the other hand survived, was brought back safely and looks very very happy.

Now I ask you, where is the breach of animal rights?

• Veteran Member

In America's space programme, multiple monkeys were used after the first one suffocated on its journey into space. What's more, apparently America chose to leave one of the monkeys in space because of the financial costs of bringing it back.

Many other countries sent animals such as monkeys or dogs before sending humans into space. This monkey on the other hand survived, was brought back safely and looks very very happy.

Now I ask you, where is the breach of animal rights?

Other wrongs, don't make this right.

• Advanced Member

Everyday millions of animals are slaughtered for their meat and fur, others are killed for medical experiments, others purely fun (hey its hunting season), stray cats and dogs are put down only because they are stray . . . etc etc etc and no one really cares, but if Iran sends a monkey to space and brings it back safely, it suddenly becomes a world problem . . .