Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

"i Saw And Met 2 Prophets In Real Life"

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam 3alaikum,

I have a friend who is a "Sufi" and he told me that his sheikh once saw and met with prophet muhammad (pbuh) and prophet khidr (pbuh) , he said that his sheikh said that he sat and spoke to them in REAL life NOT a dream,whats do yous think about this? please provide if possible some sort of evidence that this cant happen.

Salam 3alaikum,

I have a friend who is a "Sufi" and he told me that his sheikh once saw and met with prophet muhammad (pbuh) and prophet khidr (pbuh) , he said that his sheikh said that he sat and spoke to them in REAL life NOT a dream,whats do yous think about this? please provide if possible some sort of evidence that this cant happen.

What exactly is so surprising about? When Gabriel appeared to the Prophet (S), did he always appear to him (S) in a dream? When Gabriel appeared to Seyyida Maryam (as), did he appear to her in a dream? So such things are indeed possible to say the least.

• Advanced Member

What exactly is so surprising about? When Gabriel appeared to the Prophet (S), did he always appear to him (S) in a dream? When Gabriel appeared to Seyyida Maryam (as), did he appear to her in a dream? So such things are indeed possible to say the least.

u cant compare a modern man to a prophet or a prophets mother, that's a bad answer i gotta admit

• Advanced Member

It is indeed possible. The Prophets, martyrs and awliya are alive even after momentary death and they

can travel whereever they like. If you read, for example, biographies of Shaykh al Akbar Ibn Arabi (q) he has

many meetings with Khidr (a.s.) and other previous saints and Prophets whilst in a state of waking. The literature

of Ahlus Sunnah Sufis is filled with this. Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti is said to have seen the Prophet in a waking state 70 times.

One great saint -- I cannot remember his name right now--said that if the vision of the Prophet left him for one second he wouldn't consider himself a Muslim! Allahu Akbar!

. If you read Imam Ghazali's Ihya Ulum al Din he writes that once a person purifies their nafs and heart with much ibadat and dhikr of Allah, and begins reaching the levels of nafs mutmainna, he begins to see such visions. Many people have these visions. not all talk about them. Ruzbihan Baqli in his book Kashf al Asrar details his visions! Just because you might not have

heard of such things, doesn't mean they don't exist. You need to be spiritually purified first...

And awliya -- saints-- exist in every era. So why can't such pious people nowadays see the Prophet (or the Saints)

in a waking state today? It is rare but it happens and I know someone who had such visions. Is it difficult for Allah's Prophet

to travel from one place to the next?

Remember the Prophet and Imam Ali came to see Karbala spiritually? So why can't they travel nowadays in the spirit to meet

their lovers (aashiq)?

One famous person and saint who had such visions whilst waking was the great Sufi and wali of Pakistan Hazrat Pir Sayyid Mihr Ali Shah sahib of Golra Sharif. It was after seeing such a vision of Allah's Habib (pbuh) that he wrote the famous naat, ;Aj sik mitran di vadherii hai'...

Salam 3alaikum,

WS,

Many people make claims these days. What proof does he have? Ahmad al-Hasan says he is a Mahdi. Do we believe everyone's claims these days?

• Advanced Member

few days back i was watching a majalis where an alim was stating that one ayatullah wanted to meet imam mehdi(as) for some ruling so he did an amaal of forty days, i.e offering prayer at masjid al jamkaran(not sure about the amaal) for forty tuesdays and he met him(as) on the last tuesday of his amaal and got the right answer.

the question was " how can a person's all sins wd be forgiven if he visits the shrine of imam hussain(as).?"

• Advanced Member

There could be alternative explanations, psychological explanations. Outside religion, there are many people claiming to have seen something "out of this world" and then i'm not only talking about ufo's..

• Basic Members

No matter what spiritual level someone is on who does constant dhikr and confines himself to such a state is not the way of the Ahlul Bayt it is a different path. The Ahlul bayt way is working and good deeds plus for one to see such visions his daily prayers need to be accepted and Imam Al Baqir (as ) I think said that the prayers are not accepted unless peace is called down unto Muhhammad and his family.

I am startled by the number of people who have bought any of this. I can claim i saw prophet Isa pbuh - prove me wrong. The fact is you can't. I can claim to have climbed on a unicorn.

If someone claims something without giving you proof, reject the claim.

u cant compare a modern man to a prophet or a prophets mother, that's a bad answer i gotta admit

In all fairness, the way you posed the question was as if you were surprised that such a thing was even metaphysically possible. This is because you said, "NOT IN A DREAM", as if you thought it could only happen in dreams. So that is why at the end I said, "so such thing are possible..TO SAY THE LEAST".

• Moderators

dont forget, if the prophets appeared infront of him then that means that man was on the right path, that means we should all be sufis not shias.. i still doubt it tho

Was that the intention behind your original post. To convince us that Sufism is the right path ?

If that is the case, I think you are wasting your time on this site.

BTW, anyone can claim to have seen Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h)

The ones who really do, usually don't talk about it.

And if they want to convince you of something, they will appeal to your aql, not to visions.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

Was that the intention behind your original post. To convince us that Sufism is the right path ?

If that is the case, I think you are wasting your time on this site.

BTW, anyone can claim to have seen Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h)

The ones who really do, usually don't talk about it.

And if they want to convince you of something, they will appeal to your aql, not to visions.

You obviously dont no who i follow. im not trying to make anyone sufi and i dont think its the right path, im saying that if it did happen would it mean that everyones religion is wrong? or can it happen to anyone regardless of there sect,would a follower of sufism have yasser habi as there dp?

You obviously dont no who i follow. im not trying to make anyone sufi and i dont think its the right path, im saying that if it did happen would it mean that everyones religion is wrong? or can it happen to anyone regardless of there sect,would a follower of sufism have yasser habi as there dp?

If it were true (which I wouldn't be surprised) it would not necessarily imply that other paths people follow are wrong. But I think it does at the very least imply that the Sheikh who had that vision is following a valid path.

However if you believe only "Shias" ( your understanding of the term) are privileged to having such experiences then it would necessarily imply your version of Shiasm is invalid or false (at least to the extent it make such an exclusive claim).

Edited by eThErEaL

• Advanced Member

If it were true (which I wouldn't be surprised) it would not necessarily imply that other paths people follow are wrong. But I think it does at the very least imply that the Sheikh who had that vision is following a valid path.

However if you believe only "Shias" ( your understanding of the term) are privileged to having such experiences then it would necessarily imply your version of Shiasm is invalid or false (at least to the extent it make such an exclusive claim).

no, just cause ur not shia doesnt mean ur not on some sort of right path, just saying, can this even happen to any modern day person?

• Advanced Member

few days back i was watching a majalis where an alim was stating that one ayatullah wanted to meet imam mehdi(as) for some ruling so he did an amaal of forty days, i.e offering prayer at masjid al jamkaran(not sure about the amaal) for forty tuesdays and he met him(as) on the last tuesday of his amaal and got the right answer.

the question was " how can a person's all sins wd be forgiven if he visits the shrine of imam hussain(as).?"

I met an alim in najaf and he told me that allamah hilli did this amal for 40 Tuesdays to get the answer if visiting the shrine of imam Hussain a.s has the sawaab equal to more than 100 hajj. And he got the reply in the form of a story of a lady who only had one sheep and she fed that sheep to a hungry king and in return for that she asked for his kingdom and the king gave away the kingdom NCOs hadshe not fed him he would have died I.e., had imam Hussain a.s not given sacrifice Allah azwj's religion would not have existed.

I told him that its a nice story however do not lie about someone when u are not sure because if what u say is true then u must agree that al hilli did not read ahadees on the subject or he is lying about the meeting.

I know imam ajf guides and if Allah azwj wills he can make the ahlulbayth a.s meet any person but He azwj has specified that people claiming to have met all hujja ajf are liars.

Anyway if rasool Allah saws met this Sufi may Allah destroy sufis then it is hujja upon him alone and we have no hujja on us.

• Advanced Member

I told him that its a nice story however do not lie about someone when u are not sure because if what u say is true then u must agree that al hilli did not read ahadees on the subject or he is lying about the meeting.

I didnt get dis.

please xplain and also what the alim said on that?

• Advanced Member

He meant to say that the only source of livelihood for the woman was the sheep but it sacrificed it for the king and justice would be to give something equal or greater than that in return. So giving away kingdom would be a small deal too.

The supposed slim allamah hilli was looking for a hadees on ziyara being equal or greater in sawaab than hajj and there existed many ahadees books before his time which had ahadees about its extra sawaab hence I said that

why are people so worked up? there is hadeeth al qudsi which confirm such events, i.e the ascension where God talks about people who turn to him fully, and what rewards they have

one of the rewards was that God will show them his complete kingdom and nothing will be a secret form them, and that they would meet his elite,(jinn,human,angels) if u want to read it for your self it is a narration of the miraj by Imam Ali

http://www.al-islam.org/ascension/1.htm

problem with Shia these days, is that they have become like the scientific atheists of Islam, where everything is empirical and nothing is metaphysical always demanding proof, while the sufis are purely metaphysical and spiritual and mystical

neither of them is wrong, but both of them have not fully grasped the complete thing, which requires both metaphysical and empirical

Here it is from God almighty about his fact from that above hadith al qudsi narrated by Imam Ali

"When he loves me(has eliminated the love of anything from Dunya i.e resisted his nafs til annihilation ), I shall love him and open the eye of his heart to see My Greatness, and I shall not hide from him the elite from among My creation. I shall address him in the darkness of the night and in the light of the day till his talk with the creatures stops, and he stops keeping them company.

And I shall let him hear My speech and the speech of My angels and inform him of the secret which I kept from My creation. And I shall outfit him with the outfit of modesty till all beings become shy of him, and he shall walk on the earth forgiven, his heart aware and seeing, and I shall not hide anything from him, whether of felicity or of torment, and inform him of the horrors and hardships which people will have to endure on the Day of Judgment, how I shall hold the rich and the poor to account as well as those who are ignorant and those who know. I shall let him sleep in his grave and send him Munkar and Nakir to ask him, and he shall not see the adversity of death or the darkness of the grave and the tomb, or the horror of leaving the grave. Then shall I install the scales for him and spread his record, and I shall place his book in his right hand; he shall read it wide open, and I shall not let between Me and himself any interpreter, for these are the merits of those who love Me. "

Look, asking for evidence when someone makes a claim is not 'atheistic'; It's simply common sense. The Quran tells us when anyone claims something to ask them to summon their proof if they are truthful.

If one does not have proof, then their claims should be rejected. We have Christians on this planet claiming to have seen Jesus pbuh.

Perhaps the person who 'meets' these prophets pbuh should ask them what day Eid should be celebrated? Or another religious question ?

I am sorry but if ones claim is truly correct, they need proof. If they do not summon proof , i will not believe a word they say.

• Advanced Member

Look, asking for evidence when someone makes a claim is not 'atheistic'; It's simply common sense. The Quran tells us when anyone claims something to ask them to summon their proof if they are truthful.

If one does not have proof, then their claims should be rejected. We have Christians on this planet claiming to have seen Jesus pbuh.

Perhaps the person who 'meets' these prophets pbuh should ask them what day Eid should be celebrated? Or another religious question ?

I am sorry but if ones claim is truly correct, they need proof. If they do not summon proof , i will not believe a word they say.

Agree, the alternative is to assume everyone is telling the truth no matter who they claim they see which strikes me as ridiculous.

It is true people are fast to reject things that have not really been said to be impossible if it has show me so i know. weather this one happened or not Allahu allam. Allah can make anything possible.

If someone has proof to make a claim, i'd be glad to examine the proof. I saw a 3 headed dog this morning. If i use the logic that Allah swt can make anything happen, anyone can claim anything.

Let us stick to facts.

Ok how do you know that the prophet (sawa) even exited if you did not witness it your self ?

Historical evidence (absolute concrete historical evidence). Non-muslim historians (view signature) even claim him to be the most influential man ever to exist. In addition the Quran, his letters, ect all are deductive proofs and evidences.

I could really spend hours explaining this, but i have given you the main reasons.