Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
zede

Ghusal After Masturbation

Rate this topic

i wanted to know shia ruling about ghusl after masturbation, i have done reading online and some websites say that ghusl becomes wajib only when male/female achieves climax .. or when gush of fluid comes out after orgasm. what if there is passage of fluid because of stimulation (for sexual pleasure) but not reaching climax or having orgasm...is ghusl wajib even then?

i wanted to know shia ruling about ghusl after masturbation, i have done reading online and some websites say that ghusl becomes wajib only when male/female achieves climax .. or when gush of fluid comes out after orgasm. what if there is passage of fluid because of stimulation (for sexual pleasure) but not reaching climax or having orgasm...is ghusl wajib even then?

Ghusl after orgasm from masturbation is janaba ghusl but it is valid with cold water however for pleasures other than sex with your partner you don't have to perform ghusl until you ejaculate or enter upon the vagina. And the fluid that comes out during foreplay does not necessisate ghusl. And if the man ejaculates while seeking pleasures from other than vagina then the ghusl is not wajib upon the women and she only washes unless there was an insertion of the circumcised part in her vagina.

Edited by siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Hi I just wanted to ask that do you have to do Ghusl al Janabah after masturbation (with pleasure) and what is its DETAILED method?

These are from Ayatollah Sistanis Risaalah:

351. A person enters the state of Janabat in two ways:

1.            Sexual intercourse

2.            Discharge of semen, while sleeping or when awake, little or more, with lust or otherwise, voluntarily or involuntarily. 

366. There are two methods of performing Ghusls, bothWajib and Mustahab.

• Tartibi (Sequential)
  • Irtimasi (By submerging the whole body).

Tarteebi (sequential Bath)

367. In this method, a person should first make a niyyat for Ghusl. Thereafter one should first wash one's head and neck, and thereafter the remaining parts of one's body. It is better that one washes the right part of the body first and then the left part.

Irtimasi "bath by immersion method"

373. Ghusl by way of Irtimasi is either carried out instantly or gradually. If the Ghusl of Irtimasi is to be done at one instance, then water must reach all parts of the body at one time. However, it is not necessary that the whole body be submerged in water from the very beginning of Ghusl. If a part of the body is outside, and is later submerged with the niyyat of Ghusl, it will be deemed in order. 

Wasalaam

Ayatollah Sistani:

351. A person enters the state of Janabat in two ways:

1.            Sexual intercourse

2.            Discharge of semen, while sleeping or when awake, little or more, with lust or otherwise, voluntarily or involuntarily.