Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
race

His Speech-Hamza Yusuf For Or Against Shia Leaders

Rate this topic

As-salaam mulaikum. I heard this speech by hamza yusuf and he says that the shia leaders have sided with the tyrants (iran and lebanese leader). He seems to be a good human being but why does he say this.

Edited by race

(bismillah)

As-salaam mulaikum. I heard this speech by hamza yusuf and he says that the shia leaders have sided with the tyrants (iran and lebanese leader). He seems to be a good human being but why does he say this.

(wasalam)

Many Shi`ah agree with Hamza Yusuf, you know. And in terms of Assad being a oppressor, he's not wrong. The difference if you think playing the game of picking the lesser of 2 evils or "using" Assad to achieve your own goals (protect Hezbullah, keep Iran's proxies live and kicking, etc). Hamza Yusuf isn't interested in those things and believe Assad is an oppressor and supporting him, especially to maintain your own political goals, is wrong and Machiavellian.

Allahu a3lam.

في امان الله

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Many Shi`ah agree with Hamza Yusuf, you know. And in terms of Assad being a oppressor, he's not wrong. The difference if you think playing the game of picking the lesser of 2 evils or "using" Assad to achieve your own goals (protect Hezbullah, keep Iran's proxies live and kicking, etc). Hamza Yusuf isn't interested in those things and believe Assad is an oppressor and supporting him, especially to maintain your own political goals, is wrong and Machiavellian.

Allahu a3lam.

في امان الله

But how is Assad an oppressor. i have heard his speeches and many people are supporting him. The crisis in syria is really complicated and I think Iran supports Assad.

(bismillah)

But how is Assad an oppressor.

Well, there's lots of things about and he did exist and do things in Syria prior to this fiasco of "revolution" or whatever you want to call what it is at this point. I'd do some research.

i have heard his speeches and many people are supporting him. The crisis in syria is really complicated and I think Iran supports Assad.

It is complicated, indeed. But Iran supporting him or him having nice and pretty speeches isn't daleel of being a good person or leader.

في امان الله

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Allahu a3lam.

في امان الله

But the issue here is that Iran does not fully accept all of Assad position and they have come up with different ways to stabilize the nation. All those requests have been firmly denied by foreign powers who control the FSA brigades.

Hamza Yousef has problems with Shia leaders but none with KSA or Gulf states who are proxy supporting the terrorist rebels of Syria just shows that his views are sect based and in favor of justice.

He's been talking about oppression in Syria for a long time:

People like him also talked about the 'oppression' in Afghanistan. While in reality they talked about the interests of the Western countries because all of these little dollar-scholars disappeared when Salafis were destroying everything in that country and replacing them with monkey-bars for the 6 O'clock news terrorists.... Syria is no different.

(bismillah)

Well, there's lots of things about and he did exist and do things in Syria prior to this fiasco of "revolution" or whatever you want to call what it is at this point. I'd do some research.

It is complicated, indeed. But Iran supporting him or him having nice and pretty speeches isn't daleel of being a good person or leader.

في امان الله

In what way has President Assad been an oppressor or a tyrant? What has he done that has been so terrible to warrant the current chaos and bloodshed?

He knows very little and what little he knows has nothing to do with politics and current affairs.

I went to Syria in 2009 when I was en route to Hajj, there was absolutley no problem with anyone and no one was opposing him and ppl seemed generally happy. I went last year (december 2011) and what I saw THEN was total BS in the western media about how a major "revolution" was starting in syria and I saw nothing like that when I was there, not a single protest OR SOLDIER in the streets. You would expect the syrian army in every damn street if there was a revolution or something, but in all honesty i barely saw 10-20 soldiers in all the time i was there (most of them guarding the airport etc).

I spoke to as many people there as I could and from what I gathered was that Assad was supported 100% by the Shias and the Alawaites and 50% of the sunnis (and the 50% who were opposed to him were not violently opposed to him, they just preferred someone else but were not mad enough to stage protests or anything)

Unfortunately now syria is in a war zone, which i believe was funded and caused 100% by western powers and anti-iran factions like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc

Well, before attacking Shia leaders, Hamza Yusuf should answer for Sunni scholars and himself first.

How do you [Hamza Yusuf and Sunni leaders] justify to support a bunch of terrorists, suicide bombers, sectarian gangs who are paid by the Takfiris and Zionists to kill fellow Syrians, rape their women and loot their properties? Not only in Syria, but every day in Iraq and elsewhere as well.

No Shia leader ever said anything about protest or oppression in Syria...And no Shia leader ever cared much for the Baathist government.

BUT, yes, every single Shia including their leaders should be concerned about armed opposition gangs in Syria, about SUNNI MILITANTS backed by Saudi and the west. And there are many Sunnis and Sunni scholars as well who are also concerned. Check 10s of video clips by Sunni scholar Sheikh Imran Hussein in this regard on youtube.

Sunni scholar Sheikh Imran Hussein on paid terrorist in Syria!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bllV6yY64G0

Edited by Noah-

...He seems to be a good human being but why does he say this.

Good human beings are not by necessity logical human beings. When they don't recognise a good then there are only two possibilities 1) they are not really good or 2) they are just ignorant but through no fault of their own.

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Many Shi`ah agree with Hamza Yusuf, you know. And in terms of Assad being a oppressor, he's not wrong.

Allahu a3lam.

في امان الله

Yes he is. How could the majority of the syrians support him if hes an oppressor. Thats the main reason why hes not going anywhere because hes not like saddam or mubark, zein l abadin or gaddafi . All those were oppressors and thats why they collapsed. While bashar because hes not like them and the people and his army are with him to the end. He defeated one of the biggest wars against him. In world war 2 their about 80 countries involved in this war against syria their are 130 countries trying to take him down more then 100 Intelligence agencies and billions of dollars. All this because theirs an oppressor In syria lets get serious. The game is way bigger then what people think. Syria is one of the very few countries or maybe the only country that has 0 national debt. Health care is free, education is free. Theirs so much to say about this but this is enough for now. Forgive my grammer me and touch screens dont get along.

(bismillah)

في امان الله

Research done hes not an opressor you might want to reevaluate your research and dig a little deeper .