Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rational Thinking

Is It Halal To Watch Movies?

Rate this topic

I am talking about things like lion king, the batman trilogy, ect.

The issue is, they all have music throughout the entire movie.

They all contain women without Hijab.

Are these Harram to watch? I.e disney lion king, kids programs with music, normal movies we see everyday

Ahsant.

Seriously.. People need to start thinking for themselves just a bit.

If you feel like films impact you negatively as they have various haram things, then avoid them. If you think that they don't, and have postive effects on you, then watch them. Or moderate what you watch. There isn't a blanket statement for everyone. :donno:

Seriously.. People need to start thinking for themselves just a bit.

If you feel like films impact you negatively as they have various haram things, then avoid them. If you think that they don't, and have postive effects on you, then watch them. Or moderate watch you watch. There isn't a blanket statement for everyone. :donno:

There is a blanket statement, IF you are following Islam. These movies present awful things in a very presentable/nice manner like fornication/drinking/cubing etc which makes you more comfortable when you do these sins yourself.....

There is a blanket statement, IF you are following Islam. These movies present awful things in a very presentable/nice manner like fornication/drinking/cubing etc which makes you more comfortable when you do these sins yourself.....

The OP is asking for a verdict, either haram or halal. I'm saying that there is no such ruling, and it depends largely on the individual, their judgement and the film in question. 'Film' is a very broad term and encompasses many genres. 'These movies', I wasn't talking about particular films, but just generally. Also, I have watched many films without fornication/drinking/clubbing, or anything else haram.

Not for me personally. I enjoy films because they allow me to view another life and different viewpoints while not actually having to experience it myself as well as being an escape of sorts. I don't and have never felt that I have wanted to do those things or that I have become more comfortable with another way of life to substitute it for my own- for example: the idea of losing my sanity to alcohol or drugs still scares me, even though I've seen many fictional characters partaking in such activities. A film can show great truths, but that doesn't make it my personal reality.

Edited by WhiteSkies

The OP is asking for a verdict, either haram or halal. I'm saying that there is no such ruling, and it depends largely on the individual, their judgement and the film in question. 'Film' is a very broad term and encompasses many genres. 'These movies', I wasn't talking about particular films, but just generally. Also, I have watched many films without fornication/drinking/clubbing, or anything else haram.

Not for me personally. I enjoy films because they allow me to view another life and different viewpoints while not actually having to experience it myself as well as being an escape of sorts. I don't and have never felt that I have wanted to do those things or that I have become more comfortable with another way of life to substitute it for my own- for example: the idea of losing my sanity to alcohol or drugs still scares me, even though I've seen many fictional characters partaking in such activities. A film can show great truths, but that doesn't make it my personal reality.

Look its just you! I was talking about general public. For many Muslim teenagers these sins are more acceptable than they were twenty years ago just because of these movies........

ALL movies have music in them. If music is harram these movies are harram. Most of them have women without hijab. Unless you want to look down for 3/4 of it, surely it isn't halal?

And i can't think for myself sorry. Apparently, a mujtahid is supposed to think for me.

Lol whiteskies, i can say well x act has no bad effect on me, so i'll do it and i can control myself. ect

AFAIK, not all music is considered haram, and you can look at women without hijab if they are not hijabis. Plus, the Lion King is about lions, not human beings.

So you can look at women who do not wear a hijab, but you can't look at women who sometimes wear a hijab without a hijab.

Seems legit.