Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Protest Leader Calls For 'peaceful Revolution' In

Rate this topic

ISLAMABAD — Populist Pakistani cleric Tahir-ul Qadri has called for a peaceful revolution in the country and the dissolution of the current government. His comments came as tens of thousands of demonstrators held a second day of protests in the capital, Islamabad, and the nation's Supreme Court ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf. Read More.

P.S. I wonder how this impacts the Shias I know this guy is a Sufi.

• Advanced Member

Actually I am from Pakistan and mostly his speeches are in urdu. I have heard him talk about the wilayat of Ali and he is a lover of Ahlulbayt and dislikes yazeed and his likes. He has shown himself to disassociate himself from people like zakir naik who praise yazeed. He also believes in intercession and agrees with celebrating the birthdays of the prophets.

• Advanced Member

They make up 60 %. Of Pakistan. But they did not have any organised voice in past. This is first time in history of Pakistan they have any religious leader. Many Shias of Pakistan are also with this leader and actively participating in these protests.

For Shias of Pakistan it is now or never.