Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Networks

Dresses Of Shia(For Males)?

Rate this topic

No lool, I know that but it's this traditional thing they wear is like a chadar and something else. I cant believe men dont know the name of it, it's sooo annoying.

Can you give a better answer?

Well, in the Gulf Arab area, men wear robes. In Europe and America, men traditionally wear pants and a shirt. In other lands, other things. The question itself is broken.

The Thawb or Kundura as it is called.

Some Sunni's wear shorter ones so they can wash their feet during wadhu whereas Shia's tend to wear in to ankle length.

It's not.

Are you referring to the 'dishdasha'?

Nope, it's not like iqal.

It's called wahabi skirt

Seriously?

===

I still think there's a name for the dress like that.

Edited by Networks

the clothes are in three layers 1. the long thawb or dishdasha  2. the jubba qabaa that crosses in front with a "v neck" look or the one that closes to the top of the neck, I forget the name but it is a more expensive jubba like Egyptian al azhar jubba with no collar. 3. the outer ABAA or Bisht with out the ugly embroidery of gold around the front. usually in black, or various shades of brown and some times sheer see through expensive fabrics.

In persian we call in dishdashah.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jd2Jhiqd6Yg/SEpOP3ix1NI/AAAAAAAAAAw/dWE33UyGZCM/s320/300px-Dishdasha%5B1%5D.jpg

Now that you asked sbout men's dress, I wanna say inshaallah our muslim brothers one day wear these kind of clothing or sth simillar to that, i.e. sth that does's show off their body shapes. Inshaallah

Shias don't wear topi (Islamic skullcap/kufi), but we Sunnis wear it.

Also Shias dont wear white qamees/thoub like we Sunnis. Hazrat Jibraeel alayhi salaam once came to Hazrat Mehboub-i-Kibriya sallallaahu alaihe wa aalihe wasallam in pure white garments. Hazrat Mehboub i Kibriya sallallaahu alaihe wa aalihe wasallam said, "Wear white clothes because they are the best, and shroud your dead in white"

White is a symbol of purity and faithfulness, this why we Sunnis follow the Sunnah to wear white clothes (unlike Shiites).

Shiites wear black turbans and shave their head, so the turban is tied around the head, but the crown of the head is left bare. We Sunnis do not consider this as proper way to cover the head. Shiite clerics wear black capes, but we Sunnis prefer to wear woolen shawls/blankets during the cold season instead.

Shias don't wear topi (Islamic skullcap/kufi), but we Sunnis wear it.

Also Shias dont wear white qamees/thoub like we Sunnis.

i'm impressed by the amount of confidence u have in your posts!

are u kiddin me? many shia shoyookh(p of shaikh) wear that skullcap,as well as the white thawb.

please,do us a favour and do not talk about shia when u know almost nothing about it.stick to sunnis and their traditions and practices,that one we can bear i guess :wacko:

In persian we call in dishdashah.

are u sure??

lol

i don't think so sister,dishdashah is an arabic word. -_-

i'm impressed by the amount of confidence u have in your posts!

are u kiddin me? many shia shoyookh(p of shaikh) wear that skullcap,as well as the white thawb.

please,do us a favour and do not talk about shia when u know almost nothing about it.stick to sunnis and their traditions and practices,that one we can bear i guess :wacko:

shuyookh are not even 1% of the population. I'm talking about general people. Sunni Muslims wear skullcaps while Shiites don't. And Shiite clerics wear turbans not skullcaps. If you go to a Shiite mosque virtually all the men are bareheaded and pray without covering their head. But if you go to a Sunni mosque you will see most men covering their head with a white cap similar to the one in my profile pic.

Shiites mostly wear black while we Sunnis prefer white. This is a fact no one can dispute.

many shia clerics also wear that  thing in ur profile pic,but indoors.and the turban outdoors,my grandpa is one of them..

those who wear black are sayeds.they wear the black one to be recognized as sayeds and not shoyookh.

as for other muslim sunni guys who wear the skullcap,that doesn't make them better or more pious than shias ,as u r trying to show in ur posts..

Edited by Fatima NMA

Did the Prophet (saaw) wear a skull cap like the Sunnis do?

Abdullah Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to wear a white hat (Recorded by Tabrani)

Hasan al-Basri (Allah be pleased with him) says: The people (Sahaba-Allah be pleased with them all) used to perform Sajdah (prostration) upon their turbans and hats (Sahih al-Bukhari, 1/151)

many shia clerics also wear that  thing in ur profile pic,but indoors.and the turban outdoors,my grandpa is one of them..

those who wear black are sayeds.they wear the black one to be recognized as sayeds and not shoyookh.

as for other muslim sunni guys who wear the skullcap,that doesn't make them better or more pious than shias ,as u r trying to show in ur posts..

Lol see you don't even know what that "thing" is called. It shows Shias generally don't wear skullcaps (topis, qalunsuwas, kufis). In Iran Shia majority country nobody wears it. In India/Pakistan, Shiites don't wear it, but all Sunnis wear it, especially when praying or reading Quran Majeed.

Perhaps some elderly Shiites or Shiite clerics wear it, but general Shiite people don't wear skullcap, while generally Sunni people all wear it.

Abdullah Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to wear a white hat (Recorded by Tabrani)

Hasan al-Basri (Allah be pleased with him) says: The people (Sahaba-Allah be pleased with them all) used to perform Sajdah (prostration) upon their turbans and hats (Sahih al-Bukhari, 1/151)

MaashaAllah, thats really nice, thanks for that.

Do you know if Muawiyyah used to wear a hat?

MaashaAllah, thats really nice, thanks for that.

Do you know if Muawiyyah used to wear a hat?

Of course he is included in the Sahabah. But we wear a skullcap and cover the head because it is a Sunnah of Hazrat Mehboub-i-Kibriya sallallaahu alaih wasallam.

Praying bare headed is against the Sunnah and resemblance of Christians and Jews.

For example, if you see a Sunni wearing a skullcap walking down the street or somewhere in public, automatically you know he is a Muslim, but if you see a Shiite who is not wearing a skullcap, you don't know if he is Muslim or maybe Hindu or something else.

O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer (Sura 7:31)

See how Shiites go against Quran by praying without covering their head??

Lol see you don't even know what that "thing" is called. It shows Shias generally don't wear skullcaps (topis, qalunsuwas, kufis). In Iran Shia majority country nobody wears it. In India/Pakistan, Shiites don't wear it, but all Sunnis wear it, especially when praying or reading Quran Majeed.

Perhaps some elderly Shiites or Shiite clerics wear it, but general Shiite people don't wear skullcap, while generally Sunni people all wear it.

omg! not again. u came to the conclusion that we don't know what the skullcap is just becuz i wrote 'that thing'?? mashallah.

i told u i grew up with that skullcap that my grandfather had!and u say i don't know what it is!heh.

and  for the pride u've got just becuz u sunnis wear that cap and we don't i say: good for u,u'll go to jannah and have lunch with the prophet (saaw).we envy u :cry:

Of course he is included in the Sahabah. But we wear a skullcap and cover the head because it is a Sunnah of Hazrat Mehboub-i-Kibriya sallallaahu alaih wasallam.

Praying bare headed is against the Sunnah and resemblance of Christians and Jews.

For example, if you see a Sunni wearing a skullcap walking down the street or somewhere in public, automatically you know he is a Muslim, but if you see a Shiite who is not wearing a skullcap, you don't know if he is Muslim or maybe Hindu or something else.

O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer (Sura 7:31)

See how Shiites go against Quran by praying without covering their head??

I was looking at some pics of Jewish people at the Wall of Solomon, they all look like Ahlul Hadeeth followers, the group you belong too. They got these massive beards, and skull caps, and they seem to be praying.

Do you think they are following the Sunnah?

I was looking at some pics of Jewish people at the Wall of Solomon, they all look like Ahlul Hadeeth followers, the group you belong too. They got these massive beards, and skull caps, and they seem to be praying.

Do you think they are following the Sunnah?

These guys?

Ultra-Orthodox.jpg?t=thumbnail_578Look more like Shiite mullahs all dressed in black. Nothing at all like us Sunnis.