Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Your Favourite Jews

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Who are your favourite Jews? Despite being a relative ethno-religious group one can't help but be impressed with their contributions to the arts and sciences, their over representation among Nobel Prize winners speaks for itself, whether or not you consider that a zionist plot of some sort is up to you.

at the top of my head, here are a few, though I'm sure there are many more in music and film:

Franz Kafka, one of my favourite authors. I love his surreal, dream-like sequences in his stories, and themes of disorientation and added dark humour.

I also like Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein for their honest and outspoken criticisms of Israel's policies.

Eric Hobsbawm who passed away last year was a brilliant historian, and also was a former professor and president at one of the unis I attended (Birkbeck).

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Danny Schechter is an amazing person. He is a writer, an independent film-maker and television producer. He is the executive editor of Mediachannel.org and when there is breaking news, he does interviews. I am putting the link to a one hour youtube interview with him, but since I have not had time to watch the whole thing, I cannot recommend it. Please read the description about him under the video, which includes books he has written and films he has made.

Schechter worked in radio and tv. He was a news producer at CNN in Atlanta then for the ABC show 20/20. He teaches journalism in New York. He gets around and lectures, too. I never really knew about him until I saw him being interviewed on Press TV. His idea is that media should tell something, not sell something. He said he had been called a self-hating Jew because he speaks the truth. I admire Danny Schechter for that, not to mention he worked for the civil rights movement when he finished his masters degree at university. The show host in the video called him, Danny Schechter, the major voice of Reason and good being on this planet, a major voice and a major contributor to improving the human condition, etc. :)

The video is not showing up. Here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=uPb8phAuWYc

Danny Schechter column: http://www.presstv.c...ors/243960.html

Edited by hameedeh

Noam Chomsky (http://www.chomsky.info/)

Basically fair and intellectual Jews. I don't care if they are zionists or not not all the zionist Jews are bad. A lot of them are fair minded regarding being zionist. In college almost all my favorite teachers were Jews. Smart people

Its not about Jewish or Muslim, its about humans being fair or unfair. Injustice happening within Muslims too. Just see how Ahlulbayt were brutally killed and\or mistreated and to this day it is continuing.

Anyway. :)

Edited by faithfuls.org
  • Veteran Member

Noam Chomsky, Albert Einstein (I think he was Jewish?) and some others whose names I can't recall. Don't personally know any. If nothing else, I think there is a reason why the same names are going to be repeated in this thread. There are only a handful of good Jews. And thats probably because of the law that states that "exceptions are always there".

• Veteran Member

Jews are a race. Belief in or practicing Judaism is something else. The religion claims supremacy of the Jewish race above all gentiles (regardless of their belief or practices).

• Veteran Member

Jews are a race. Belief in or practicing Judaism is something else. The religion claims supremacy of the Jewish race above all gentiles (regardless of their belief or practices).

Yeah but thankfully these non believers do not believe in such supremacy.

• Veteran Member

Jews by religion or Jews by ethnicity - on top of my head.

Karl Marx - no need to introduce first four

Albert Einstein

Sigmund Freud

Noam Chomsky

Isiah Berlin - philosopher and historian

Harold Pinter - playwright and dramatist

Franz Kafka - novelist and short story writer

Steven Spielberg - Film director

Ilan Pappé - Israeli historian

Howard Zinn - historian, author, social activist

Norman Finkelstein - historian and political analyst