Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm So Depressed

Rate this topic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you know maula ali said "Be sure, there is something waiting for you, after much patience, to astonish you to a degree that you will forget the bitterness of the pain."

"And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." (40:60) Prophet Muhammad (saw) "Dua is the weapon of the believer, and the pillar of faith, and the light of the heavens and the earth."

Imam al-Ṣādiq (عليه السلام) said to me, 'Do you become sad, worry, and suffer?' I said: 'Yes, by Allāh!' He (as) said: ‘When that (happens) to you, then remember death, your loneliness in your grave,

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Precious One, I too suffer from depression. Right now I'm on 2 medications, 1 I take daily, the other, as needed when I really get upset. I know how you feel, that Allah has closed His ears from your prayers. What I've done, is exactly as some has suggested......cried. I lay prostrate before Allah & cried.....a deep, heart wrenching cry....as I just talked with Him about how I was feeling. Just as you would a friend sitting across from you. A few times I cried myself to sleep, there on the floor on my prayer rug. Many times did I do this, begging for Allah's answer, His arms to reach down & hold me. I began my journey, here on SC, when my husband left me to go to Dearborn, because he is a new revert & at the time I was a Christian. Everyone here loved me through a lot of emotional turmoil. In the , month I was on SC, I became a new revert. My husband came home & we are together. We are still having some problems, not with our relationship, but financial & otherwise. What I'm trying to say is this......I know it's hard to talk to people, but they are here on SC to help. I wouldn't have made it then & I would not be making it now, getting through all this turmoil, if it hadn't been for the awesome people here on SC. So open up....tell your story as I have mine, let it all out. The people here on SC will help you find healing through Allah. Salaam

• Advanced Member

Salams sister, you are not alone! I was depressed a few days ago but hamdulla feeling much better now. What I can recommend is the following: never keep it to urself- speak to someone you trust and get their opinions. Infact I spoke to nearly everyone about it and made me feel much better. If you can solve the problem, go for it to uproot the cause. If you can't and you have to live with it, then try to forget it by realizing the power of connecting with Allah (swt) and ahlulbayt (as). Dua like dua jawshan and dua jabraeil are always answered for me Mashalla. As such do ask Allah (swt) to cure you of your depression and find you a solution for whatever caused the depression. Think positive and remember there is a reason for everything and we are too limited to see it before our eyes at the moment. Hope i helped!

• Advanced Member

Don't feel bad about being depressed. That will just compound your problems. Try reading Quran or eating chocolate. It might not remove your depression but it is nourishing. Remember, that saying from that old movie Ben Hur? It goes, "we keep you alive to serve this ship, so row well and live." This saying is deep. You are alive to worship Allah and that is it. So worship Allah and live.

• Advanced Member

Salams sister, you are not alone! I was depressed a few days ago but hamdulla feeling much better now. What I can recommend is the following: never keep it to urself- speak to someone you trust and get their opinions. Infact I spoke to nearly everyone about it and made me feel much better. If you can solve the problem, go for it to uproot the cause. If you can't and you have to live with it, then try to forget it by realizing the power of connecting with Allah (swt) and ahlulbayt (as). Dua like dua jawshan and dua jabraeil are always answered for me Mashalla. As such do ask Allah (swt) to cure you of your depression and find you a solution for whatever caused the depression. Think positive and remember there is a reason for everything and we are too limited to see it before our eyes at the moment. Hope i helped!

Thanks for your help :)

Don't feel bad about being depressed. That will just compound your problems. Try reading Quran or eating chocolate. It might not remove your depression but it is nourishing. Remember, that saying from that old movie Ben Hur? It goes, "we keep you alive to serve this ship, so row well and live." This saying is deep. You are alive to worship Allah and that is it. So worship Allah and live.

:) :) :)

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Well, I do not think you are 'clinically depress', so I have to make a guesses.

Either you feel 'cheated in life', or you have done something you fear will be embarassing iminately or in the future.

I think Uty Hammeeda is going to write, chat with her.

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

safana, I left a comment on your profile. PM me any time. :)

For everyone who thinks they are depressed, my advice is to get healthy.

1. Perform your prayers and make du'aa. Develop your relationship with Allah.

2. Sleep 6-8 hours each night. Sleeping less will make your life miserable.

3. Eat nutritious foods three times a day. You need nutritious foods to keep you healthy.

4. Eat healthy snacks between meals. So do not eat junk foods!

5. Exercise daily to move your body. Do exercises or just walk around.

6. Take a daily vitamin pill. Especially important before marriage and before having a baby.

7. Think about things that make you smile. Try to be positive.

8. Thank Allah for your blessings. We all know people who have more difficulties than ourselves.

9. Talk to a friend, relative, teacher or school nurse. Someone will listen.

I really should not have numbered the above suggestions, because it looks like I am an expert or something. I am sure there are other things, and I do not have all the answers. I was just making a list of things I thought about and you can cross off the ones that do not pertain to you. :blush:

If you think you have done everything you can but are still depressed, do not hesitate. Please see a medical doctor. Your health is important and you need to find out what is causing the depression. A doctor can ask questions and find out what the problem is. take care

• Advanced Member

Normally, I try rationalizing a problem if I have one.

Not all problems can be solved, but often they can be, if you take time to think about how.

Sharing ideas with others always helps as well, by embracing the issue. It also helps with finding a solution.

Also, it is natural to have discomfort in life. To always thrive for more, no matter how much you already have. Sometimes it is a good idea to take a break, and count your blessings, before becoming caught up in troubles.good luck

Edited by DistortedOne

(bismillah)

(salam)

safana, I left a comment on your profile. PM me any time. :)

For everyone who thinks they are depressed, my advice is to get healthy.

1. Perform your prayers and make du'aa. Develop your relationship with Allah.

2. Sleep 6-8 hours each night. Sleeping less will make your life miserable.

3. Eat nutritious foods three times a day. You need nutritious foods to keep you healthy.

4. Eat healthy snacks between meals. So do not eat junk foods!

5. Exercise daily to move your body. Do exercises or just walk around.

6. Take a daily vitamin pill. Especially important before marriage and before having a baby.

7. Think about things that make you smile. Try to be positive.

8. Thank Allah for your blessings. We all know people who have more difficulties than ourselves.

9. Talk to a friend, relative, teacher or school nurse. Someone will listen.

I really should not have numbered the above suggestions, because it looks like I am an expert or something. I am sure there are other things, and I do not have all the answers. I was just making a list of things I thought about and you can cross off the ones that do not pertain to you. :blush:

If you think you have done everything you can but are still depressed, do not hesitate. Please see a medical doctor. Your health is important and you need to find out what is causing the depression. A doctor can ask questions and find out what the problem is. take care

Best advise i've seen.

Sister, talk about it with someone you trust, or someone on here. Write down all your problems or type them up. Set your self a few short-term goals and achieve them, ect

We need to establish the source of your depression. Are you confused about religious doctrines?

Sister, all I can say is I know what you're going through where you feel everything is going wrong and you dont know what to do, I go through it quite a bit. I wont go into everything here but I have a lot of responsibility on my plate and at times its maddening. I dont think anything is wrong with you. The practical solutions are many, go talk to someone you trust maybe even talk to someone professionally trained in these matters. Make sure the person is fair and unbias and will respect your privacy. People do have ups and downs but if its consistent then its no longer just some simple "bad day". As far as everyone else's advice, people have pretty much said the same thing that I am saying but rational thinker and a couple of others brought up a good point. The advice of just make dua or read Quran isnt helpful, yes its important to do these things BUT they arent a solution to practical problems. I can get cancer and say dua till I'm blue in the face that doesnt mean I'm going to be cured, I have to get treatment for that so maybe thats what you need to do.

I thought I had saw a response in list form but it seems to have dissapeared I was just going to add to it and say do some moderate exercise it decreases stress and helps battle depression, but yes practicality is the solution and since I dont have specific information on your situation I'll just speak generally and if you want more detailed information you may send me a message and I'll respond promptly

• Forum Administrators

Any link to the Sahifa e kamela ?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Click on the green button for Sahifa al-Kamilah: http://www.al-islam.org/sahifa/

The yellow button called Addenda goes to seven extra du'aas.

The purple button is The Whispered Prayers.

• Advanced Member

send lanat on the man in my display pic and you will feel better In Sha Allah. ;)

lol :lol:

To be honest you doesnt seem to be depressed because of the way you are laughing out loud to the wink of a na mahram (pls dont say its just a forum and so its not real life). Looks like you were just feeling bored in the school holidays and wanted to open a thread for removing that boredom.

Sorry for being blunt but couldnt stop saying this

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

To be honest you doesnt seem to be depressed because of the way you are laughing out loud to the wink of a na mahram (pls dont say its just a forum and so its not real life). Looks like you were just feeling bored in the school holidays and wanted to open a thread for removing that boredom.

(wasalam)

:donno:

excuse me!!

you have no idea what im going through :mad:

just because i put an emotion of a 'laughing out loud; face thing doesnt mean i am literally laughing, it was just a way of responding, honestly, all it takes to get that emotion up there is clicking on like 4 buttons on my keyboard

and seriously? making up a thread about how depressed i am out of boredom?? that is just sad...

just coz im feeling down, doesnt mean i need to fill my whole day with frowns. i am working toward being a better person inside, mentally and spiritually.

and about that non mahram [Edited Out] you're going on about, are you serious??? you definitely took it the wrong way, even i didnt think of that be4 i responded... i am not that type of person u accuse me of being.....shame on you!! you have never found a comment that a girl made slightly amusing??

You probably haven't felt as down as i am, when you go through what im going through [not that im hoping u do or anything] , you'll see that there will be days slightly worse than others....

Ever since joining this forum, i have never felt so hurt by such a ruthless comment ...

You seriously made me feel slightly worse inside..

that i appear to others as being the type of person which you accused me of being??... really hurts...

walaykum as salam

Edited by safana
  • Advanced Member
To be honest you doesnt seem to be depressed because of the way you are laughing out loud to the wink of a na mahram (pls dont say its just a forum and so its not real life)

ok then you should not talk to a na mahram in this forum as well. :angry:

(wasalam)

Are you a moron? This sister is depressed and this is your comment? and Muslims wonder why the western world views them as ignorant and backwards. I'm sure with sensitivity like this you have no issues getting the ladies, out of all of the idiotic and stupid things I have read on this page this has to be up there. A non mahram? Are you serious? Its a computer the person who did the "wink" probably didnt even mean it did you even consider that you clown? That is the most insensitive clownish thing I have ever witnessed in my life to try and publicly degrade a sister and accuse her of something so stupid. This sister needs advice,assistance and someone to listen to her. Someone being sad doesnt equate to "boredom in the school holidays". You should take these kinds of things seriously, not being taken seriously is why people dont seek assistance and why bad things happen. Seriously go make tawbah you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry for insulting you but "I couldnt stop saying this"

• Veteran Member

3 pages of fluff

I agree with Imtiaz_hyder, we see so many teens 20 something females for "depression"

people need to see real grief and suffering that will fix them... but oh well I will give her the benefit of doubt

celexa

zoloft

prozac

paxil

lexapro

all work well, if ur married they may decrease ur sex drive, and cause wt gain esp paxil

etc etc

make sure u see a Psych to r/o bipolar disorder

counsellers are a waste of time

Depression many a times is a MEDICAL condition , important to distingish it from GAD ( generalized anxiety disoreder) and /or dysthymia and PMS ( pre-menstral syndrome)

Allah WHERE ARE U??? HELP MEEE!!

I don't know if I can be patient any longer....

Allah swt has already helped u in this day in age, his angels are called " SSRI" and "SNRI"

Edited by Panzerwaffe

Don't take any of those medicines by the way. You can get hooked on them. Always follow medical advise.

Tbh, when you say "Allah help me"

the 6 million jews who were mercilessly killed brutally by hitler asked that.

Those killed by stalin asked that

the 200m small pox kids asked that

the many massacered everyday in our world ask that.

I respect and love you as muslim, but putting it all into perspective, we all need to knock of the idea God is going to be a 'gaurdian' over us when there is so much torment on this earth.

It's all up to you.Have Faith in him, but find your own way out.

• Veteran Member

Sister, one of the things that can help is accepting the decree of Allah. If we accept that Allah is in control of everything and we gladly submit to what he has decreed, then it can make us feel more peaceful. We need to remember that death awaits us and it can hit us at any moment. Contentment is one of the things that brings about happiness.

• Advanced Member

snapback.pngThree-One-Three, on 12 January 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

And if the problem is "waswas" or "constant Satanic whisperings"

How did u know this is what I suffer from?? Scary. You r one smart person...

You are smarter than I am because you know about waswas. I thought it was the name of a beautiful bird or a new type of fish. Maybe it is the name of a new watch. I am so confused :unsure: . I looked up the word in the dictionary and on the Internet. Waswas is not fun. Not Good.

I also found the word Wudu. It is the washing of hands, arms, feet and head before prayer. I am old person. The older a person gets the thinner the person’s skin. If I washed everytime I prayed, my skin will wrinkle like a prune. If I cannot find water, I must use dirt to wash. My arms will look like large dirty prunes! On Muslim websites, I discovered prayers are no good if the person has dirt under fingernails after doing wudu. Oh… I am so confused. :unsure: This is a confused person talking to you about sadness. Maybe this will help… :)

Please find the Surat An-Nur (24:35). It is called the Verse of Light. It is one of the most beautiful verses in the Holy Quran. It is a Verse of Revelation. Allah reveals Himself. Please write Shakir translation on a piece of paper and place it in your pocket or purse. On a sunny day, go outside and sit in a comfortable place (please, not in the shade :) ). When sunlight shines on your face and hands, remove the piece of paper from your pocket or purse. Please read very slowly (or think about the words). After thinking about the words, please think about sadness. Allah has infinite knowledge of sadness. Think about Joy. Allah has infinite knowledge of Joy. Think about Joy with Allah by helping to remove the Sadness in the world.

You can read (or think about) this Verse anytime. It is more fun to think about this Verse in Sunlight (morning or afternoon) or in Moonlight (like during a full moon). In this Verse, light has different meanings. Light means Light. Light means Allah. His means Allah. “Allah guides to His Light.” When Allah repeats, He is YELLING. “Allah guides to Allah whom He pleases”… and I hope that person is YOU.

• Advanced Member

You are smarter than I am because you know about waswas. I thought it was the name of a beautiful bird or a new type of fish. Maybe it is the name of a new watch. I am so confused :unsure: . I looked up the word in the dictionary and on the Internet. Waswas is not fun. Not Good.

I also found the word Wudu. It is the washing of hands, arms, feet and head before prayer. I am old person. The older a person gets the thinner the person’s skin. If I washed everytime I prayed, my skin will wrinkle like a prune. If I cannot find water, I must use dirt to wash. My arms will look like large dirty prunes! On Muslim websites, I discovered prayers are no good if the person has dirt under fingernails after doing wudu. Oh… I am so confused. :unsure: This is a confused person talking to you about sadness. Maybe this will help… :)

Please find the Surat An-Nur (24:35). It is called the Verse of Light. It is one of the most beautiful verses in the Holy Quran. It is a Verse of Revelation. Allah reveals Himself. Please write Shakir translation on a piece of paper and place it in your pocket or purse. On a sunny day, go outside and sit in a comfortable place (please, not in the shade :) ). When sunlight shines on your face and hands, remove the piece of paper from your pocket or purse. Please read very slowly (or think about the words). After thinking about the words, please think about sadness. Allah has infinite knowledge of sadness. Think about Joy. Allah has infinite knowledge of Joy. Think about Joy with Allah by helping to remove the Sadness in the world.

You can read (or think about) this Verse anytime. It is more fun to think about this Verse in Sunlight (morning or afternoon) or in Moonlight (like during a full moon). In this Verse, light has different meanings. Light means Light. Light means Allah. His means Allah. “Allah guides to His Light.” When Allah repeats, He is YELLING. “Allah guides to Allah whom He pleases”… and I hope that person is YOU.

thank you very much!! i love this :wub: