Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Shiachat Akhlaq !

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

If you were leaving the house and wearing something that makes you look like a moron would you want someone to tell you or not? I assume you would rather someone tell you, I know I would. Well you can compare what he said to that scenario.

Of course, I would like to be told if I am doing something wrong etc. Not in front of any one though.

Surely a little PM wouldn't hurt any one. To discuss there would be better. And then if the parties involved understand, then alhamdulilah they can change their attitude on the thread after?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(salam) I noticed that the akhlaq of some of our shia members in this forum aren't good. Some of them act very rude and immature. We have the mods that are doing a great job, Alhamdulilah .. but its a

(bismillah) (salam)

Let me add to your list: 1. Show respect to your elders - something all our parents teach us. 2. If you are a sister dont try and belittle your fellow sisters. It can take some courage for some sister

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Of course, I would like to be told if I am doing something wrong etc. Not in front of any one though.

Surely a little PM wouldn't hurt any one. To discuss there would be better. And then if the parties involved understand, then alhamdulilah they can change their attitude on the thread after?

I have told her a gazillion times.

WhiteSkies there is a time and place for everything....you can't compare the scenario to it 100 percent or word for word. Also posting some things on here will help people realize things from the point of view of others........not everyone sees the world in one color....too bad alot of useful advice was deleted even if that advice might not have felt warm and fuzzy. (not everyone likes the private message function either...so welcome to the internet)

for some reason I get an error when i quote you

Edited by ImAli

WhiteSkies there is a time and place for everything....you can't compare the scenario to it 100 percent or word for word. Also posting some things on here will help people realize things from the point of view of others........not everyone sees the world in one color....too bad alot of useful advice was deleted even if that advice might not have felt warm and fuzzy.

Sorry, I deleted my post because Kamran-Syed bascially said the same thing.

I'm not saying she was correct but if we really are trying to help eachother improve then it's better to do it in private, which I assumed was the point of this thread, becoming more respectful towards eachother?

But, to each their own and all that. We all have reasons for saying what we say I guess. -_-

Edited by WhiteSkies
  • Veteran Member

Stop with the private stuff. I have voiced my concerned a million times before, this time I got: "I will do as I please". Well that is wonderful, I barely PM sisters. I didn't object to the appointment but if you are going to continue to ignore me and start deleting my posts then you will hear it.

• Veteran Member

On Akhlaq: I would much rather be friends with a loud, foul mouth individual who speaks the truth and says it how it is than some soft spoken, well behaved two faced [person].

The worst crimes against humanity are committed by the so called civilized/educated/well mannered men of the world.

Edited by Haji 2003
bad language
  • Veteran Member

On Akhlaq: I would much rather be friends with a loud, foul mouth individual who speaks the truth and says it how it is than some soft spoken, well behaved two faced [person]..

The worst crimes against humanity are committed by the so called civilized/educated/well mannered men of the world.

"I have been sent by Allah (swt) to teach people good manners." Prophet Muhammad (sawa)

Who said you have to be one or the other? You can have a friend who's well spoken, well mannered and says it as it is.

Edited by Haji 2003
  • Veteran Member

"I have been sent by Allah (swt) to teach people good manners." Prophet Muhammad (sawa)

Who said you have to be one or the other? You can have a friend who's well spoken, well mannered and says it as it is.

Akhlaq has its place, no one is denying that, but this obsession is unhealthy. It reminds me of elitist business schools, that's what they teach you there, how to talk, how to greet and how to eat. It is nothing but a cover, you do not judge a book by its cover so why are we so bent on judging people by their akhlaq?

It deflects from the issue, someone might come in here and post something incredibly insightful and truthful in a bad tone, no one here would care about the message, they will focus on the tone instead, this is pretty universal. Tone is important, but it isn't more important than the message, it isnt more important than the truth.

It isn't about dismissing akhlaq, it is about perspective.

• Forum Administrators

It reminds me of elitist business schools, that's what they teach you there, how to talk, how to greet and how to eat. It is nothing but a cover, you do not judge a book by its cover so why are we so bent on judging people by their akhlaq?

Sounds as if you have not been to one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

It is narrated that the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (as) has said:

"If you knew the importance of adab (good manners), you would pray to Allah for more adab, instead of more (material) wealth."

862084_282673871863863_1420141999_n.jpg?oh=115551af076fe92abd545ba7aa3c9aa1&oe=513314E8&__gda__=1362300553_9f79a6e4a965a0a473f00593c160828c

Edited by cendrillon

Moderators, this statement is very wrong! Good sisters shouldn't be accused of this. I say this because I know of someone who was accused of that very act and left the forum. They told me that they were being accused of using their knowledge to impress boys. Now I see someone on the forum making this accusation.

Oh dear :no:

• Advanced Member

Crazy. So now we have brothers sending inappropriate images to sisters. And then they call themeselves Shia of Ahlul-Bayt. In addition to the fact that this forum is going downhill. We probably need more mods, I can volunteer for the task. :P

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Although recently I have not received any inappropriate PMs, I have decided to close my messenger until further notice. It is inconceivable that a person can have more than one account at ShiaChat and use their accounts to act like Jekyll and Hyde. Who can you trust really? :donno: This is quite a sad event at ShiaChat.