Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Looking At Non-Hijabi Women

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykom brothers and sisters!

I am a shia myself and right now I am trying to find the right by myself instead of just being born as a shia and accept it that way.

My problem here is, why is there so many videos like this one below? Are scholars like this just talking like this because they dont know better? This makes no sense to me. Why are these scholars saying these stuff? Can someone please help? I just want to know the truth. This video maybe is something that the enemy has created to make shias look bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z--2O_hzqLw

• Advanced Member

What part bothers you YaaAllah?

These are our scholars and they say stuff like this. That makes me confused and I start to have doubts about THE SCHOLARS, NOT ISLAM OR SHIA. We are suppose to trust them, but it feels like some of them are just making it harder for us to convince ourselves (i dont think i'm alone on this) and other people that shia is the right path.

(salam)

This doesn't make him a kafir or anything. If you don't agree, simply don't. That is his interpreation meaning that if you happened to look, its not a sin. But as mentioned above by ^ Quran teaches us not to look. But if you happened to look or had to look, make sure it is without lust.

Khalas

• Veteran Member

I think maybe the OP was hoping that the ruling would be that the woman be

publically whipped

acid thrown in her face

raped because she was obviously up for it

publically beheaded

or maybe all 4.

I was being sarcastic btw comparing it to Taliban and Wahahbi nutters

Edited by A true Sunni
  • Veteran Member

What he said is completely standard.

It is permissible to look without lust at the women who would not listen, if they were forbidden from exposing themselves [by not observing the hijãb]. Therefore, it is permissible to look at the face, the hands, and the feet of the woman as well as those parts of their bodies that they normally expose in public but not those parts that some of them, against their own custom, would expose publicly. This is with the condition that the look is not combined with carnal appetite and the onlooker should not fear the temptation of getting into a situation whereby they may commit the harãm.

(See the question-answer section below and issue No. 500).

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=46&pid=2068

• Advanced Member

Op you do know the sayed in the video looks at the hukum the ayatoallahs give before speaking.

And most of the time from what I have seen he states what sayeed sistaini says.

The issue you probably have is ,him stating you can look without lust. But what are the chances of you not having lustful thoughts? Just lower your eyes ...

• Advanced Member

What's the issue exactly? He just says that if a woman is not dressing properly, then it is allowed to look at her without lust.

huh?

so we're allowed to look at naked women?

So all this time i'v been lowering my gaze for nothing!? lol

• Advanced Member

Just ask yourself, would you look at a naked women if Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sitting right next to you?

I don't get why people are always trying to put words in the mouth of people.

If you look at a beautiful women the first time then decide to look again, then this is a lustful look. You're looking at her to please yourself and your desires.

He clearly states that lustful looks are not permissible at the end.

Edited by Hassan J
  • Advanced Member

I dont know what OP stands for, but I'm guessing it's me?

Sorry for the title of the topic before and thank you for editing it. I didn't mean it that way, I just wanted some attention to get an answer. But this title is better.

Many of you ask what's the issue. The issue is that this scholar is saying something that to me makes no sense. The Quran theaches us to lower our gaze and now he says that it is ok to look at her. I might have misunderstood the whole concept. I just don't want to give other people any reason to think that Islam i bad or the shias are wrong. I hope someone here understands what I'm saying. I'm having a hard time to explain what I really mean.

Wassalam

You may have misunderstood - he's not asking people to go out and look at random women, but that it's not a sin to notice the hair of someone who won't cover it when you're having to talk to her for some reason. If inadvertent non-lustful glances like those were sins, that would be a very hard rule to follow.

• Banned

1) What's the issue? You can't exactly lower your gaze a whole lot when they're right in front of you. And what about in business? If there is an unveiled woman, you can't just look at the floor. It's unprofessional and rude. Look at her face, and you see her hair. It just happens.

2) What the sh*t is a "raafidi Rabii"? Isn't a rabii a jewish thing?