Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rock316

Questions From Sunnies

Rate this topic

Hello im shia and i have been confronted by some very good questions by sunnies .

I am not able to answer them myself , so hope you guys can help me.

I will just put the questions here beneath and need just short and sweet answers.

Muhammed saw had knowledge of the future why did he marry aisha?

Muhammed saw had all the knowledge in the world ,then why did god sent jibrael to him?

is the quran complete according to you?

Why isnt there any verse about the ahlebayt(33,34 tatheer is about the wifes for example where u say its about the imams)?

When umar innovates taraweeh in islam its bidat and when bibi Zainab innovates matam it isnt?

god tells us in the quran Muhammed saw is bashir/human and shia say hes noor / infalliable

Who compiled the quran?

Thats all hopefully i can get the answers quick

salaam

Hello im shia and i have been confronted by some very good questions by sunnies .

I am not able to answer them myself , so hope you guys can help me.

I will just put the questions here beneath and need just short and sweet answers.

Muhammed saw had all the knowledge in the world ,then why did god sent jibrael to him?

Why isnt there any verse about the ahlebayt(33,34 tatheer is about the wifes for example where u say its about the imams)?

When umar innovates taraweeh in islam its bidat and when bibi Zainab innovates matam it isnt?

god tells us in the quran Muhammed saw is bashir/human and shia say hes noor / infalliable

Who compiled the quran?

Thats all hopefully i can get the answers quick

salaam

You need to understand our madhab and ask these questions for yourself. Doesn't make sense to believe in something you don't understand. They'll just keep asking you questions as long as they can poke holes in your argument. Better to study these things in depth, so that you can give them answers that first of all suffice you.

(wasalam)

Edited by Al-Hassan

Muhammed saw had knowledge of the future why did he marry aisha? (Since when did Shias say that Nabi Mohammad s.a.w had (all) knowledge of the future? He knew what he got from the Angel Jibreel (as))

Muhammed saw had all the knowledge in the world ,then why did god sent jibrael to him? (Since when do the Shias say Nabi Mohammed s.a.w had all the knowledge in the world before he became a prophet? No Shia has said this. He got his knowledge from the Angel Jibreel (as). )

is the quran complete according to you? (According to the vast majority of Shias, yes!!!)

Why isnt there any verse about the ahlebayt(33,34 tatheer is about the wifes for example where u say its about the imams)? (We believe that there are many verses about them, including Ayat Al Tatheer (33,33), and Ayat Al Wilaya (5,55), and many, many more)

When umar innovates taraweeh in islam its bidat and when bibi Zainab innovates matam it isnt? (Since when did any Shia say that Zainab (as) 'innovated' matam? What an insane question!!!

god tells us in the quran Muhammed saw is bashir/human and shia say hes noor / infalliable ( If you were to analyse both of these points, then these don't contradict.)

Who compiled the quran? (The vast majority of Shias say that Imam Ali a.s compiled the Qur'an)

Brother, don't waste your time with these people, because these questions are so easy to answer, and they are being inaccurate about Shia beliefs.

Can anyone please answer question one with more explanation? the question asks if Aisha is/was bad why did the prophet marry her? Pedram said: prophet Lut, Noah married their wives, who were bad. But this is not an answer. Because, as we shias believe, that all the prophets have Ilm of Ghaib, then why did even Noah and Lut marry their wives, if they knew they were bad? I didn't see a convincing answer for the first question

Authentic Sunni Hadiths say its not about the wives:

The verse "Verily Allah intends to ... (33:33)" was revealed to the Prophet (PBUH&HF) in the house of Umm Salama. Upon that, the Prophet gathered Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain, and covered them with a cloak, and he also covered Ali who was behind him. Then the Prophet said: "O' Allah! These are the Members of my House (Ahlul-Bayt). Keep them away from every impurity and purify them with a perfect purification." Umm Salama (the wife of Prophet) asked: "Am I also included among them O Apostle of Allah?" the Prophet replied: "You remain in your position and you are toward a good ending."

Sunni reference: Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 351,663

The quran is not complete according to Sunni's:

A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said, 'The verse containing stoning the fornicator to death (rajm) and ten sucklings of a young man have been revealed. Indeed it was recorded on a piece of paper lying under my cushion. When Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) breathed his last, we were occupied by his death, a domestic goat entered and ate it up (swallowed it)

Sunan Ibn Maja, Volume 3, Hadith 1944, Arabic-English version

Ayesha narrates: "During the life of the the Prophet (s), Surah Ahzab was read with 200 verses, when Uthman collected the verses, he could get along with more verses than this

Tafseer Ruh al-Ma’ani, page 121 parah 21

When the first part of Surah Bar’at was lost, Imam Malik said that ‘Bismillah’ was also lost along with it

Tafseer Fath al Qadeer, Volume 2 page 317, Surah Bara`t Tafseer Qurtubi, Volume 8 page 62, Surah Bara`t Al-Itqan, Volume 1 page 81 Tafseer Dur al Manthur, Volume 3 page 208, Surah Bara't Al Muhazraat, Volume 2 page 434

Can anyone please answer question one with more explanation? the question asks if Aisha is/was bad why did the prophet marry her? Pedram said: prophet Lut, Noah married their wives, who were bad. But this is not an answer. Because, as we shias believe, that all the prophets have Ilm of Ghaib, then why did even Noah and Lut marry their wives, if they knew they were bad? I didn't see a convincing answer for the first question

humans, regardless of who they are, Prophet or not, they must be tested by Allah SWT and they are tested in different ways and methods........

since Prophets (PBUT) greater men, hence their tests are greater too, and these Prophets (PBUT) were tested by Allah SWT in many different cases, including their wives.

the tests, as well as the story, of Prophet Lut (as) and Prophet Noha (as) is very important, and hence mentioned in the Holy Quran, so people would not say the wives of Prophet Mohammad (PBU&HF) were all good.

"knowing" something doesn't mean that should be prevented, it's just like the Holy Verse which i mentioned:

"And recite to them the narrative of him to whom We give Our communications, but he withdraws himself from them, so the Shaitan overtakes him, so he is of those who go astray."

7:175

does anyone doubt the ilm Qayb of Allah SWT? NazubiAllah, no one does. then why is it that, even though Allah SWT knew this man would go astray, still He (swt) gave this man his "communications"?

(this is the story of a man who got so close to Allah SWT and was so pious whom Allah SWT gave his communication to, this man was not a prophet. yet this man, later on, went astray.)

"And recite to them the narrative of him to whom We give Our communications, but he withdraws himself from them, so the Shaitan overtakes him, so he is of those who go astray."

7:175

If Allah SWT knew this man was going to go astray, then why did He give him "communications"?

if someone is good at some point, it doesnt mean they always will be.

Also, why did Prophet Noha (as) and Prophet Lut (as) marry their wives who were bad people? read chapter 66

Jibrael was the communication bridge between the Prophet (PBUH&HF) and Allah SWT, this is the most retarded question anyone could ask.

yes.

we say the last sentence of 33:33 is about the Ahlulbait (as) and the wives are NOT included in this Ahlulbait (as)....

the wives never claimed to be a part of the Ahlulbait (as) mentioned in this verse. all evidences, including sunni hadiths show they are not included in this Verse.

ask your sunni friend to give you one single hadith from their own books where the wives of the Prophet, such as ayesha and hafsa, claim this verse was sent for them.

even the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF) himself cried for Imam Hussain (as)......

and if they mean "beating", then they should read their own hadiths as to where ayesha says after the death of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), ayesha, along side other women, got up and started beating their faces.

God tells us in the quran Muhammed saw is bashir/human and shia say hes noor / infalliable

what does being "infalliable" have anything to do with not being a human?

Allah SWT has made obeying of the Prophet an obligation and it is unconditional, if the Prophet was to make mistakes (nazubiAllah), then we would also be obliged to follow him in those errors, which would mean Allah SWT (NazubiAllah) has ordered us to commit erros and sins.

Who compiled the quran?

unlike sunnis, we do not believe the Holy Quran was compiled by uthman about 20 years after the death of the Prophet, we believe the Prophet came to deliver the Holy Quran and made sure the Holy Quran is compiled before his death.

we believe the Holy Quran was complied during the time of the Prophet, under the supervision of the Prophet himself.

incredible answer brother

Can anyone please answer question one with more explanation? the question asks if Aisha is/was bad why did the prophet marry her?... if they knew they were bad? I didn't see a convincing answer for the first question

I'm going to answer this using sunni sources and use a different angle as you are engaging with dialogue with sunnis.

Aisha was the daugher of Abu Bakr and considering the Holy Prophet (s.w.s) made several alliances through marriage with many personalities and tribes it would have been undiplomatic for him to refuse Abu Bakr. Especially so as the same woman who was persuading him to marry Aisha, according to sunni sources, Khawlah bint Hakeem was also at the same time suggesting a widow, Sawdah. Sunni's believe that Khawlah suggested the marriage of a widow and a virgin. Therefore the Prophet (s.w.s) accepted both for if he rejected both he would not be following his own Sunnah that one should marry. If he rejected one, it would be considered unfair and look like he had preferred the widow/virgin to the other. The only diplomatic option was to accept both.

NB: Neither the Imams(a.s) nor the wives were mentioned explicitly in the Quran. Apart from Abu Lahab and Ziyad the adopted son, nobody from the Prophet's time was mentioned and both of those very extremely necessary as the first was a specific prophesy and the second was regarding Ziyad's name and parentage. That doesn't mean there are not verses in the Quran related to the Ahlulbayt.

Who compiled the quran?

unlike sunnis, we do not believe the Holy Quran was compiled by uthman about 20 years after the death of the Prophet, we believe the Prophet came to deliver the Holy Quran and made sure the Holy Quran is compiled before his death.

we believe the Holy Quran was complied during the time of the Prophet, under the supervision of the Prophet himself.

details ....please

How about this question:

Imam Hussain (as) knew he was going to be killed in Kerbala, as he was shown by The Almighty, so why did he go then?

The same reason the Prophet married those women, this was their tests, truly difficult tests to follow through, to prove their love for Allah (SWT)

Shi'a Muslims doesn't claim the prophet nor the A'immah have the knowledge of the hidden. Amir al-Mu'minin Ali ibn Abi Talib (pbuh) was asked whether he had the knowledge of the Unseen or not. Imam 'Ali laughed and responded: 'No' and then quoted this verse of the Quran:

"Indeed the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah. He sends down the rain, and He knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Indeed Allah is all-knowing, all-aware.' - Quran, Luqman, 31:34.

Furthermore, our beloved prophet knew about the martyrdom of Imam al-Husayn through Gabriel who was informed by God. As well as the knowledge of their names were also known to 'Adam only through God. Moreover, in another narration the following is quoted:

Hamran said, I asked Abi Abdillah (pbuh): 'May I be sacrificed for you! Is it possible that you are asked concerning something that you do not have the knowledge to reply to?' The Imam replied: 'Sometimes it is possible that this happens.' The narrator asked: 'So what do you do?' The Imam replied: 'The Ruh al-Qudus (Holy Spirit) gives us (the answer) through inspiration.'

Thus, 'No one in the heavens or the earth knows the Unseen except Allah, and they are not aware when they will be resurrected' (Quran, al-Naml, 27:65) and whatever knowledge our prophets or A'immah have is either through revelation or the Holy Spirit. However, that we Shi'a believe in is that: '...your companion has neither gone astray, nor gone amiss. Nor does he speak out of [his own] desire: it is just a revelation that is revealed [to him]...' (Quran, al-Najm, 53:1-4)

About this matter, why the prophet married A'isha b. Abi bakr. According to narrations, perhaps Sunni narrations, it is because the prophet saw her in the dream, other narrations claim that the prophet were adviced by some of his companions to get married, and this was after the demise of his beloved wife, Khadija (pbuh). According to the first narration it is a command by God and the other is an advise from his companions. However, it is written in the footnotes of Nahj ul-Balagha that Amir al-Mu'minin 'Ali (pbuh) urged the prophet (pbuh) to divorce A'isha. His reply was that after him the people will be divided into sects due to her. Those who followed Amir al-Mu'minin would be the felicitous ones and those who were led astray by A'isha would be amongst the wrongdoing ones. Thus the prophets marriage to A'isha is a trial by God; those who turn back on their heel and those who follow the prophet's example, 'Ali ibn Abi talib (pbuh).

As for the other prophets they didn't know that their wifes would turn unfaithfaul after faith. For example, Nuh (peace be upon him) asked God, Mighty and Exalted, to return his son:

'Noah called out to his Lord, and said, 'My Lord! My son is indeed from my family. Your promise is indeed true, and You are the fairest of all judges.' Said He, 'O Noah! Indeed He is not of your family. Indeed he is [personification of] unrighteous conduct. So do not ask Me [something] of which you have no knowledge. I advise you least you should be among the ignorant.' He said, 'My Lord! I seek your protection lest I should ask You something of which I have no knowledge. If you do not forgive me and have mercy upon me I shall be among the losers.' - Quran, Hud, 11:45-47.

thanks mun3t, your answer is very logical and well referenced indeed. I wish everyone else will also read your post so that they can benefit too. Only one more question. You said the prophets & Imams don't have the ilm of ghaib and the prophets get their revelations from God, through Jebrail. Then u mentioned that Imams get their answers through Rohil Qudus by inspiration. What do you mean by inspiration? how would u explain it in this context?

thanks mun3t, your answer is very logical and well referenced indeed. I wish everyone else will also read your post so that they can benefit too. Only one more question. You said the prophets & Imams don't have the ilm of ghaib and the prophets get their revelations from God, through Jebrail. Then u mentioned that Imams get their answers through Rohil Qudus by inspiration. What do you mean by inspiration? how would u explain it in this context?

There are three types of revelations: direct revelation, direct revelation, from behind a veil, and indirect revelation, through a messenger. Inspiration, or revelation a more correct word, through the Holy Spirit is a direct revelation from God.

'Abdallah b. 'Umar narrates:

I asked the prophet (pbuh) about the type of sensation during revelation. The prophet (pbuh) answered: 'I hear a ringing sound, and at that time I maintain total silence. There is no time that revelation come to me, except that I feel that it will draw the life out of my body.'

In case you haven't noticed [according to our traditions] our A'immah keeps sometimes quite for a moment and bow down their head before they answer a question.

Ubada reports:

At some moments of revelation the manner of the prophet (pbuh) would be transformed, his face would change color and he would bow his head. At these times, we too, bowed our heads.'

And it is this type of [direct] revelation that the prophet said about: 'The Holy Spirit (al-Ruh al-Qudus) blows into my heart.' The A'immah experience this type of revelation only when they don't know the answer for a question, or when God wills, otherwise they will experience the continual difficult sensation of it (i.e. the Holy Spirit) draw their life out of their body.

Amir al-Mu'minin 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) reports: 'When chapter al-Ma'ida, was being revealed, the prophet (pbuh) was mounted on his camel called al-Shahba. The heaviness of revelation caused the animal to stop, and its back began to bend in a manner that its stomach almost touched the ground.'

This narration describes the difficult situation that even affected the camel the prophet rode. Hence it requires a perfect soul to receive a revelation from God.

I have only one question

Does Allah has absolute knowledge, if yes then why did he create Iblees or give him a high station.

God is indeed omnipotent. There is a divine wisdom behind every action of His, Mighty and Exalted. The appoints the kings, their predecessors, and successors, as a means of trials for the people. Have you not read in the Quran:

"Have you not regarded him who argued with Abraham about his Lord, because Allah had given him kingdom?" - Quran, al-Baqarah, 2:258

Indeed, Nimrod, the king who argued with Abraham, were oppressive and rude.

Regarding the station of Iblis, an Angel. It is because, according to some scholars, God created the Jinns before man, and were put through different trials. Iblis through his worship reached this praised station. Most surely, God is to merciful to punish a servant before his mischief. Lastly, the creation of Iblis provided to be necessary for the progression of man, their journey to God through this earths different routes.